Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? (11292 Views)

Kamaldeen Awards Best K.A.I Dressed Officer With N100,000 (photos) / Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Live! President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan In A Media Chat On N. T. A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by floriana(m): 6:37am On Aug 14, 2012
It is so disheartening watching the so called African 'Independent' television A'I'T these days. The most annoying programme being Kaakaki where the two weak presenters reason and talk like 5th graders reminiscent of kidivision 101 of those days. It is pretty much like what we witnessed in the days of the military when the '30M viewers' of NTA were fed thrash. Has NTA and A'I'T merged or what is really happening?

2 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by isuomo: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2012
what is happening to channels tv online it has not worked for 6 days for some of us in London that is hard.
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Acidosis(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2012
Its called POLITICS.

NTA would never tell us some truths and we all know why.

I'm not a fan of AIT. .but I do listen to their news at 8p.m, and I think they are doing a good job.
But then. .Channels is good too just that they barely show us the real 'thing'/ incidence. They'll rather read it loud and clear like we're listening to a debate or something.
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by papadenzel(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2012
If u don't listen to news, u r uninformed! U listen 2 news, u'll b misinformed! Ait and nta especially! Pathetic set

8 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by inspirenet: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2012
papadenzel: If u don't listen to news, u r uninformed! U listen 2 news, u'll b misinformed! Ait and nta especially! Pathetic set

lol
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Rhino5dm: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2012
Is there any difference? They are both compromised and worthless.
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by slimdiggi: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2012
No matter how bad AIT seems,it is still beta than NTA that is govt owned and anything that critics govt is not shown e.g subsidy period when nta lagos refused to air the protests.

5 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 14, 2012
No difference since they both give out information
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2012
Both are nothing to write home about! I rather watch Nickelodeon that watch the two stations. undecided

1 Like

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Kk4(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2012
The name?

1 Like

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2012
floriana: It is so disheartening watching the so called African 'Independent' television A'I'T these days. The most annoying programme being Kaakaki where the two weak presenters reason and talk like 5th graders reminiscent of kidivision 101 of those days. It is pretty much like what we witnessed in the days of the military when the '30M viewers' of NTA were fed thrash. Has NTA and A'I'T merged or what is really happening?
As far as I am concerned, the presentation is superb. They manage to present issues that get me angry when read, in such a way that I don't lose it when I hear it from them.

1 Like

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Clerverly: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2012
The difference- Ait has "i" while Nta has "n" on their names, outside that, they are all Retardeen's attack dogs!

1 Like

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by DExplorer1: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2012
floriana: It is so disheartening watching the so called African 'Independent' television A'I'T these days. The most annoying programme being Kaakaki where the two weak presenters reason and talk like 5th graders reminiscent of kidivision 101 of those days. It is pretty much like what we witnessed in the days of the military when the '30M viewers' of NTA were fed thrash. Has NTA and A'I'T merged or what is really happening?
Dude, that's your opinion. Comparing AIT and NTA is utterly gross. How can you judge a TV station by just a slot among several? It's simple, leave Kaakaki alone and watch Focus Nigeria or is Gbenga Arulegba a "5th graders reminiscent of kidivision 101 of those days"

2 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2012
I prefer d previous presenters of kakaki. Esp D dude,he was very objective. But i stil choose AIT over NTA, AIT is closer to d truth than NTA, channels seems too foreign but they hv good graphics but poor picture quality. NTA hv good programmes but they are bn handled by old people who still hv the same mentality with our present leaders. May be series of intimidation and deeper involvement in politics hv forced AIT to modify the quality reports. However,AIT hv very informative programmes like focus nigeria,matter arising,money show(i so love the female presenter and d show itself) etc and they hv bn able to achieve d capacity to switch without delay frm one programe to another unlike NTA.

2 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by excondido(m): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2012
AIT only employs people from the south-south region and those affiliated to the dokpesi's, and these seems to be their undoing as very competent hands are employed.
they are going the way of nta and very fast.
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by BarryX(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2012
AIT and The NTA.. as they wants to be called are sorry super stories the most annoying is their picture quality.so so pathetic.God help us get it right someday
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Abujafood: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2012
Gone were those days when I looked forward to watchin Kaakaki During the Abdulsalami Abubakar Administration and early part of Obasanjo's regime. Then they were professional and their programmes were worth listening to, these days I'll rather listen to Nigeria this morning on cool FM abuja or if time permits Channels TV breakfast morning programme. NTA has always been a disappointment especially during the days of Abacha when they used to feed us with propaganda of people holding rallies asking Abacha to succeed himself!
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by honeric01(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2012
AIT is the modern arm of NTA, pro govt and belongs to the ruling party (the ruling party dictates to them what to air).

AIT - OWNED by a PDP member
NTA - funded by a PDP govt.

The difference is that AIT is modern and NTA is traditional.

4 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2012
Haa!! Wait till there is a breaking news, then u'll know that NTA is a disaster!! They'll be showing one boring man talking of 'PTDF n U' instead of the breaking news...
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by airfinance(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2012
Cyril stober and gbenga Aruleba.
Cyril like cereal crops while Aruleba likes Eba.
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Scarpon(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2012
Nigerian television authority(nta)
African independent television (ait)
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Wizeboy(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2012
NTA is a government-owned Station, which there main priority is to defend Federal Government Policy and also try to enlighten deceive people on Government and ruling party propaganda - "He who pay the trumpeter dictate the tone" WHILE AIT is a private-owned Station who according to how I view it is now Advert-seeking Television from the Government of the day (I dont really blame them, the main objective of a PRIVATE BUSINESS is to make profit). You can only see most of the Federal Government advert on two Stations i.e. NTA and AIT. Its good for them sha - "You need to throw water on the ground for you to match wet ground". cool cool
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Cleanman(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2012
Hmmm...birds of the same feather
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Tropilo(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2012
The differences are:
1, the "N" and "I".
2, one is run by the govt and the other run by a govt boy.

Outside these, they are same of the same. Useless and Mediocre!
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Mustay(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2012
D-Explorer:
Dude, that's your opinion. Comparing AIT and NTA is utterly gross. How can you judge a TV station by just a slot among several? It's simple, leave Kaakaki alone and watch Focus Nigeria or is Gbenga Arulegba a "5th graders reminiscent of kidivision 101 of those days"

true!!!

Truth remains that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. I'd still watch AIT instead of NTA. Most media organisations have to go the way of their investors. They can only try not to be obviously bias.

Even when AIT wan do partial, dem go still do am small but NTA's own is well, not their fault - na FG kuku get am nau!
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Vickyt: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2012
The best presenters we have today started from somewhere. Why don‘t you spend time to check out your own grey areas and the aspect you need brushing up in your life instead of picking on others. The next time you will be seeing those girls is either on cnn or bbc while you are still posting irrelevant things on nairaland. Be careful life is much more than how you are viewing it.

I will advice you to sit down and redirect your path because if you continue to pick on others, you will always be beneath them. Critics don‘t become leaders! Peace!

2 Likes

Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Gwekzy: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2012
Wats D Difference Btw MuMu and MuMu? Rubish StationS
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2012
It like comparing 12 to a dozen, Same are boss of propaganda
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2012
Una be fool: No difference since they both give out information
what a user name!
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by DIG1: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2012
@ op, in as much u ve ur reservation on those ladies presenting kakaki on AIT, they still ve some good presenter like Gbenga, Ameachi, Kunle et al, unlike NTA. IMO there is diff bwt apple and orange.
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2012
EMPLOYMENT,NTA employs anybody from all states in Nigeria while AIT concentrates 80% on Edolites.
PROGRAMS,AIT is well informed in virtually all aspects(except repitition of news) compared to NTA who can only boast of its well informed 'newsline at 9pm'
Re: A.I.T And N.T.A What Is The Difference? by Afam4eva(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2012
I like Ada and Senami because they bring life to kaakaki but their knowledge of politics can best be described as casual. As for NTA, that station is what i call "Static". They're not innovative or dynamic in anyway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Data Centre Not For Cloning Pvcs But For Member Registration – Lai Mohammed / Maikanti Baru Visits NSCDC Headquarters In Abuja / 3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Gwoza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.