Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers (2043 Views)

Avengers Vs Justice League; Who Would Win? / Swing And A Miss: Avengers Age Of Ultron / The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Febian60: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hey guys. I have seen the avengers and also the dark knight rises and I wuld pick Nolan's. Reason's because The avengers seems lyk it was done in a hurry,dull dialogue and story. The characters are impressive but I got bored with the acting. The only thing that interests me there was The final battle(boring though). The characters were over hyped and didnt live up to their expectations. Unlike the dark knight,each character stood for something. Batman/wayne a fearless,angry and depressed hero whose action caused him everything,catwoman an exciting specimen,bane a terrorist,physical and phsycological challenge,Gordon a pillar to the bat,Alfred a father and guardian and several others. The film had a good motivation for its action from Miranda avenging her fada,bane carrying the league's goal,batman trying to safe what's left and catwoman a criminal caught in an intense battle. The avengers was good but it lacked a solid base. Your thoughts please
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by VillageBoi(m): 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
Febian60: Hey guys. I have seen the avengers and also the dark knight rises and I wuld pick Nolan's. Reason's because The avengers seems lyk it was done in a hurry,dull dialogue and story. The characters are impressive but I got bored with the acting. The only thing that interests me there was The final battle(boring though). The characters were over hyped and didnt live up to their expectations. Unlike the dark knight,each character stood for something. Batman/wayne a fearless,angry and depressed hero whose action caused him everything,catwoman an exciting specimen,bane a terrorist,physical and phsycological challenge,Gordon a pillar to the bat,Alfred a father and guardian and several others. The film had a good motivation for its action from Miranda avenging her fada,bane carrying the league's goal,batman trying to safe what's left and catwoman a criminal caught in an intense battle. The avengers was good but it lacked a solid base. Your thoughts please

Huh? I no sabi which mgbati, mbgati you dey use as dialogue... Avengers had some of the funniest, darn on point dialogue, one of the best summer films. Dark Kight in comparison was rubbish.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Febian60: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
To you its good but compared to TDKR it juz didnt get any close. The avengers was hyped but it didnt lived up to its expectations. The reason why it did is because they are more than 1 supers. #my point of view#
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Tunsbobo(m): 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
The avengers has grossed over $616.7m in the us alone; The Dark Knight has only grossed $353.9m !! The Avengers is the third most sucessful film ever; after Titanic and Avatar!! I think comparing avengers to the dark knight is dumb!
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Febian60: 3:45am On Aug 15, 2012
My reason 4 comparing both films is because both are the biggest release of the 2 comics company,marvel and dc,and morever its not about the money but what type of entertainment. I enjoyed the dark knight rises more.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by friedrice1: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Tunsbobo: The avengers has grossed over $616.7m in the us alone; The Dark Knight has only grossed $353.9m !! The Avengers is the third most sucessful film ever; after Titanic and Avatar!! I think comparing avengers to the dark knight is dumb!
Its still too early to judge, mind you they weren't released on the same date.
"3rd most successful film where did you get such info from. you cant even compare it to TDK in terms of success and worldwide sales gross. not to talk of TDKR that was released only 3 weeks Ago and has already scooped over $390million in the US
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by friedrice1: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ok, i just confirmed, you're right 3 best selling.
Maybe i should say for now.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 16, 2012
avengers is damn good...the storyline aint crap like you claim. its fantastic having them battle looki (a demi god).it is a good point..cos they can withstand all human attack. only a god could put up with them. the fact that they didnt even add spider-man(he wouldnt fit into the storyline) proves that marvel knew what they were doing..DK is good but i prefer avengers
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Febian60: 4:01am On Aug 16, 2012
Good reasons there...but I still prefer The Dark Knight Rises. Maybe because I lyk movies and novel with dark themes and uncertainty. Avengers was light hearted
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2012
is this the same movie this chap was talking about on another thread:

ezicat: Rant time: I expected so much more from the second installment of the series. The story was good, but, BUT

1) Don't planes have radars to sense the approach of other planes? You know, to prevent to-close-for-comfort air collisions (a simple radar jamming dialogue would have cleared that up!)

2) At cruising altitudes, when you shoot out the windows...shouldn't it depressurize? Maybe they weren't at cruising altitude yet because the air ninjas certainly weren't dressed accordingly (again, quick dialogue required).
And that was at the BEGINNING of the movie.

3) She breaking out of a women's jail is NOT enough justification to put her into a male prison (rights anyone?) Okay, it was a special jail; again, brief dialogue to indicate that it was co-ed.

4) Oh, and the women's depiction in the movie? Actually, what women? Cat woman and the betrayer you saw coming a mile away (no, I wasn't surprised at that plot twist) were pretty much the only women around? Virtually the entire police force is underground and none appear to be women. Right. Sure thing.

5) An atomic bomb goes off a few miles off-shore without the shock wave reaching the city; it goes out over water with no tsunamis. Or, ad there is no sign of radiation poisoning. I'm not a nuclear physicist, but you'd think something capable of taking out an entire city would pack a bit more mph!

And those just scratch the surface.

You know, hollywood, sometimes. I might expect this from the B-listers, but seriously, do your fracking research so it doesn't ruin a good story!

im sure you can see that your views are purely subjective
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2012
↑ all movies have their own epic fail
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Febian60: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Probably he was high on thesame gas/steroid Bane was on ;DProbably he was high on thesame gas/steroid Bane was on
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by dlex21(m): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
@poster...its so obvious u just want a thread created...pls dont just compare both movies abeg
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by yoji: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
Interesting topic. But I wudnt compare both movies. One is dark with more emphasis on story than action while the other is lighthearted with extremely satisfyin action. Its was easier to come up with a complex story for TDKR cos it was a conclusion of the series, while a complex storyline for a movie like avengers wit all those numerous superheroes strugglin for airtime wud have produced a 4hr movie @ least. As much as I like the TDKR, I must say that the action was kinda poor and its not a movie u'd like to see more than once, max twice cos once u get d amazin story, ur not gonna sit down for another 2hrs plus to have it re-told. The avengers stayed true to its comic origins by deliverin wat it did. To witness the assembly of such childhood heroes the way they did was an xperience not to b missed. I being the type to slow down an uppercut so as to feel d impact was totally satisfied by the action in avengers. Even seeing how they got d castin and costuming of those characvters spot on was amazing. Overall, I'd say avengers is slightly better. But I really don't think its a competition as both are different.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Febian60: 7:58am On Aug 17, 2012
I lyk ur words yoji. However,I want us all to understand that I am not saying the avengers was bad,no. I am only saying I prefered TDKR because I am a fan of movies with dark themes. Avengers was amazing but I just love Nolan's. Maybe later I'll make a topic on how similar there are. I've watched the avengers several times,although I would prefer it if there was a combination of villains as well rather than only Loki who was 'bullied'by the hulk. Maybe the frost giants,hydra force,loki,skull,abomination and viper. Nolan had catwoman,bane,talia al'Gul and the other billioniare freak. Even Raz'al Gul appeared. Hope you guys get me. Avengers isn't bad,but I "prefer",note the quote,THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Tunsbobo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
fried-rice:
Ok, i just confirmed, you're right 3 best selling.
Maybe i should say for now.

Thank God u corrected Yourself
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Tunsbobo(m): 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dark-Knight Rises Has a great story-line but the Poor Action Scenes and a lot of technical mistakes were dis-heartening! Its currently The 2nd best film this year tho and 12th Best of all time having grossed about $533.3 in the U.S alone!! A lot of 2012 films are breaking records sha....and that's Cool!
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Bawss1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
I'd vote the Dark Knight Rises as the best super hero movie of 2012. Avengers was cool and all but somewhat over-hyped.

Even though Avengers made more money in the box office compared to TDKR, Nolan's work appealed to me more because of its richer characters and better narrated plot.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Bawss1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2012
OP should set up a poll on this thread and lets see what NLanders think even though I suspect they'll vote for the over-hyped Marvel flick. cheesy
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Parnassuss(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
The Dark Knight trumps Avengers for me. I'm just waiting for the Justice League though, that captain America and Black Widow don't work for me.

Both films had good points but Avengers did not bother introduce anything new and don't tell me its cos they are Marvel xters cos the X-Men First Class had a deeper plot and still represented in its fight scenes (to some extent). TDKR might have done with some more fights but Batman traditionally uses means other than violence to get his objective! BATMAN is the baddest out there!
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers by Ignatio(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2012
TDKR has more depth than Avengers. The Avengers is more on the superficial side but it's a good movie. Great action scenes and funny dialogues but TDKR beats it with depth.

(1) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why The Real Housewives Of Lagos Will Be Cool To Watch / Beverly Osu Makes Big Brother Africa History / City People Movie Award; See Nomination List For Each Category

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.