Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

3 Reasons Why The Real Housewives Of Lagos Will Be Cool To Watch - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 3 Reasons Why The Real Housewives Of Lagos Will Be Cool To Watch (2037 Views)

Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos / Desperate Housewives Season 6 / Real Housewives Of Atlanta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why The Real Housewives Of Lagos Will Be Cool To Watch by Iagree1: 3:49pm On May 30, 2013
3 Reasons Why The Real Housewives Of Lagos Will Be Cool To Watch

I read this story on Olorisupergal.com

http://olorisupergal.com/so-we-heard-the-real-housewives-of-lagos-will-be-starting-soon/

And this one on Linda Ikeji's blog

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/05/the-real-housewives-coming-to-lagos.html

Both stories are about an upcoming docu-reality series The Real Housewives Of Lagos. If you're familiar with the popular american TV series the Real Housewives Of Atlanta etc, you would understand what this show is about. Like Olorisupergal I too feel this show is a fantastic idea. Here are 3 reasons why this show would be cool to watch.

1. Nigerian TV Is Becoming Boring - Lately there are has been too many 'talent hunt' related TV shows in Naija. The contestants are recycled, the dance steps are recycled, the singers can't sing and the judges are either mediocre or generally still struggling to build a career. It would be nice to watch something different and interesting on television.

2. Girl Power - Few people realize how far Nigerian women have come in establishing themselves as working-class professionals and entrepreneurs. A show like the Real Housewives Of Lagos would give us the opportunity to enter the lives of some of the most successful female professionals in Lagos, learn their inspirations, study their process, spot their flaws and understand their success. This is one show that would definitely boost the confidence of Nigerian women and girls alike in achieving their professional ambition by adjusting their behaviour and focus.

3.Girls Just Want To Have Fun – It is unscripted, organic entertainment. "What could be more interesting than watching a group of sexy successful Nigerian women, live their lives as girls, mothers, lovers and professionals?" A show like this is what I like to refer to as a double-edged entertainment sword. It's either the production is so great it makes you love to watch every available episode you can find, or the production is amateur and flawed with fake displays of American mannerisms and it becomes that one show that you really love to hate smiley Either way it's a win-win and as far quality goes, from what I hear concerning NBCUniversal's involvement with the production, I doubt there'll be any problems with the quality.

Like Olori said, "the only question on my mind right now is who the real housewives will be. I can only imagine. But I have a strong feeling I can guess a few right. wink"

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Real Housewives Of Lagos Will Be Cool To Watch by iha8whackm: 4:11pm On May 30, 2013
I can't wait!! i just wish they can create a character like Camille Grammer of the real house wives of Beverly Hills

(1) (Reply)

Magic City - Sex And Hip Hop In America / Some People Ask, Why Do I Need To Buy A Foreign Used Tv / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Khalid-free Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.