Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK (15370 Views)

Nigerian 'Cele' Pastor In Us Arrested For Beating, Robbing & Raping Ladies(pics) / Man Bags 4 Months Jail Term For Beating Commercial Sex Worker In Abuja / Businessman & Wife Shot And Butchered In Front Of Their Kids In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by coogar: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju: When will Yoruba people stop embarassing us in the U.K... Thats how the other day, I saw a woman wearing Aladura outfit without slippers on the train... angry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2110555/Chibuikem-Uzoma-Ubani-hijacked-identities-open-725-bank-accounts-1-3m-benefits-swindle.html
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by alaoeri: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
Player01: 7 years! That's a lot shocked.
And they 'll be facing deportation charges after that, lo ba tan.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by miketayo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju: When will Yoruba people stop embarassing us in the U.K... Thats how the other day, I saw a woman wearing Aladura outfit without slippers on the train... angry

mumu..who said they were Yoruba??
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Esss(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
miketayo:

mumu..who said they were Yoruba??

Which tribe full UK again?! angry
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Esss(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Gwekzy: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Fake StorY
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by coogar: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Esss:
Atleast he wasnt breaking the world cocaine ingestion record...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/pregnant-woman-swallows-51-wraps-of-cocaine/
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by ocelot2006(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
4 Play: We Nigerians are not a civilised people. What this couple did would barely raise an eyebrow if they were living in Nigeria.

You're totally wrong. Most Nigerian parents are very strict disciplinarians. But beating children with electric cables and hanging them is damn too much. And no Nigerian in his/her senses will accept that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by coogar: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
ocelot2006:

You're totally wrong. Most Nigerian parents are very strict disciplinarians. But beating children with electric cables and hanging them is damn too much. And no Nigerian in his/her senses will accept that.

strict disciplinarian in nigeria = child abuser in the united kingdom.
if you apply the uk laws in nigeria, 99% of naija parents would be in jail eating beans.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by claremont(m): 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
They call it 'child abuse', we choose to call it 'instilling discipline'. Inasmuch as I'm totally against corporal punishments in this modern era, I still believe that the corporal punishments I received while growing up played a key role in making me a responsible adult today.

More research needs to be done on the benefits (if any) of this kind of punishments on the moral well-being of kids. Is it safe for us to posit that the reason why there is widespread moral decadence (drug abuse, teenage pregnancy e.t.c) amongst kids raised in Europe is partly as a result of the lack of corporal punishments whilst growing up. This is a delicate issue that needs further debate IMHO.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

strict disciplinarian in nigeria = child abuser in the united kingdom.
if you apply the uk laws in nigeria, 99% of naija parents would be in jail eating beans.

It may well do in some cases.

A research paper recently published by the Department of Ophthalmology, at the College of Health Sciences in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, cited a four-year study which concluded that an astonishing 30.3% of all eye injuries, presented at that hospital alone, by children aged between 5 and 15 years old, were DIRECTLY attributed to caning or whipping attacks that went horribly wrong, either in schools or at home.
Bravo to Lagos over Children's rights
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by MurderX: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
Before we are so quick to judge and condemn lets look up the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/803715/uk-police-seize-day-old
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by MurderX: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is the same family in the pathetic story below
So who do we believe?
These kids dont look so unhappy to me.

Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by coogar: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
claremont: They call it 'child abuse', we choose to call it 'instilling discipline'. Inasmuch as I'm totally against corporal punishments in this modern era, I still believe that the corporal punishments I received while growing up played a key role in making me a responsible adult today.

More research needs to be done on the benefits (if any) of this kind of punishments on the moral well-being of kids. Is it safe for us to posit that the reason why there is widespread moral decadence (drug abuse, teenage pregnancy e.t.c) amongst kids raised in Europe is partly as a result of the lack of corporal punishments whilst growing up. This is a delicate issue that needs further debate IMHO.

you could have been a more responsible adult without the punishments.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by MurderX: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
This may be a frame up.
See the same family in the link below.

Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
claremont: They call it 'child abuse', we choose to call it 'instilling discipline'. Inasmuch as I'm totally against corporal punishments in this modern era, I still believe that the corporal punishments I received while growing up played a key role in making me a responsible adult today.

Is it safe for us to posit that the reason why there is so much criminality (armed robbery, kidnapping, under-aged pregnancy, cultism e.t.c) amongst Nigerian youth is partly due to the failure of corporal punishment as a deterrent whilst growing up? grin
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by MurderX: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Youtube video of the Pastor wife preaching.
They may have been framed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pe98qDdD04
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by coogar: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Murder_X: Youtube video of the Pastor wife preaching.
They may have been framed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pe98qDdD04

framed? did you not read that the woman whose baby was taken is a sex worker?
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
Perhaps they thought they were in a lawless nation like Nigeria...
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by NovusHomo(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
Five children, expecting a sixth .
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by MurderX: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

framed? did you not read that the woman whose baby was taken is a sex worker?

Sex worker with husband and six children, a pastors wife and preaches in church - doesnt add up in any way, that cant be a sex worker's profile.

Something doesnt add up.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by TerryCarr(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
does not help the stereotype much undecided
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by gistme24(m): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Guys , let's just condemn this couple for their terrible actions, and not because they are Nigerians.
Some people here sound as if such folks only exist in Nigeria.
We read the news of a French lady gave out her daugther to be molested by a man, abi that one too nah Nigerian woman ? Or the Austrian man that locked up and slept with his duagther for years ? I could list so many more.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by dasparrow: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ki-Katanga:
Utterly indefensible.

This is the horrible face of Nigeria that gets transmitted around the world. Moreover, the above article omits most of the facts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9475266/Witchcraft-child-abuse-parents-who-abused-children-because-of-evil-spirits-jailed.html

Abusive parents exist all around the world. Don't come on our forum and make this a Nigerian thing please. Not so long ago, I read a news article about some french woman who gave her daughter out to men for .s/e.x. So bad parents exist the world over. Here in america, so many children born to drug addicted, alcohol addicted, and abusive parents are languishing in the foster care system. I guess I can equally conclude that, that is the horrible face of america being transmitted around the world too. When it comes to Nigeria however, everyone and their momma (from around the world) want to talk shyte.

@Post

Those parents need to face the full extent of the law for abusing their children. Enough said.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Benito69(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
I think some couples need to write some tests even before they allowed to have children....for the sake of determining mental sanity.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Sike(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
SmH 4 'em
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by CastleandGreen: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
This act is as a result of economic hardship in the UK, Nigerians nothing is happening
there in UK, stop putting the blame on those poor kids. If you feel those kids are
possess with evil spirit we have thousand and one places here in Nigeria to cast out
the demons, anyway serve your term.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
My parents beat mew blue black during my formative yrs here in nigeria,dey beat me severly for hrs till d cane broke,my mom will seat on my stomach,bite me and use her nails to tear my skin.infact there was a tym my dad beat me so bad outside dat i fel into d gutter,during d period of fallng into d gutter,d walls of d uncemeted gutter tore my skin n i was bleedin seriously,i think i was 11 then,d bleeding dint stop him from beating me,d funny part of it was dat afta dey beat me,mumy can com bak from office wit mr biggs pack n pet me n ask me to giv her a hug n ill forget it n i didnt and dont have issues with self esteem as an adult.d scar is still in my thighs n anytym i see it i just laff.mums philosophy is dat wot dont kill u makes u stronger
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by aribisala0(m): 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2012

Is it safe to assume there is no widespread moral decadence (drug abuse, teenage pregnancy e.t.c) amongst kids raised in Nigeria as you are clearly doing here. Or to assume moral decadence is a NEW thing? Remember God Obliterated Soom and Gomorraha and even the whole of mankind save Noah and his family for this
Find out what is really happening in Nigeria.

There are so many variables in a child's life;Education,genes,peer groups,illness,malnutrition,disease,even emotional abuse/neglect which all exist in a child's life their personalities and so to pick one as being responsible even PARTLY for problems is just guesswork. Around the time Oliver Twist was written corporal punishment was rife as was "moral decadence"
I wonder what kind of study you will design to test this theory of yours .
Who will volunteer their kids for the corporal punishment intervention group?
Corporal punishment is not a "Thing" like one tablet of panadol. There are hundreds of ways to do it with varying frequency and intensity some kids get it daily others maybe yearly . Some get a cane or Koboko and other electric cable and so i don't see any realistic way of researching the subject.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by proudlyafrican(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
People should know that there is a complete difference from the DISCIPLINE of a child and ABUSE of a child. I think the number of kids they have has become overwhelming and irritating leading them to abandoning the kids at home for long hours just to make ends meet and sometimes transferring aggression to the kids.This is a Nigerian factor,it happens here everyday and nothing happens.I feel for the children and hope they will be able to cope with the challenges life will throw at them.
Re: Nigerian Coupled Jailed For Beating Their Kids In The UK by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin This is funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bail Granted To ALUU 4 Suspects / Man Kills His Friend In Zamfara During Heated Fight (Photos) / #ENDSARS: Curfew Starts In Anambra Today By 8pm - Governor Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.