Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. (9440 Views)

Apart From Sex What Else Have You Benefited From Your Girlfriend(s) So Far? / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Greetings!
I'm in a dither about what to do. A student of a federal varsity in the east. Will be in sophomore by October. Just wondering if there can be serious pros or cons in having a girlfriend in school as I wouldn't want any thing to jeorpadise my academic success.
Additionally and for emphasis, can lack of same (girlfriend), impede one's interpersonal relationship in the outside world?
Furthermore, would it be a wise course to jettison same so as to face one's studies squarely.

Rationative counsel will be appreciated overmuch.

Thanks a million.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Serendipity: 7:20am On Aug 16, 2012
Just a minute
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Serendipity: 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
To my mind, there is no hard and fast rule about this, as circumstances and practicalities will make a particular cause a wise one.
What about just maintaining casual friendship with the opposite sex, one that will be bereft of entanglements?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by 190: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
any nigerian girl in any nigerian university is a run girl #fact#

190 said it, if you like vex go boil stone!
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Serendipity: To my mind, there is no hard and fast rule about this, as circumstances and practicalities will make a particular cause a wise one.
What about just maintaining casual friendship with the opposite sex, one that will be bereft of entanglements?
Okay, thanks
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Dsage1: 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
Contumely: Greetings!
I'm in a dither about what to do. A student of a federal varsity in the east. Will be in sophomore by October. Just wondering if there can be serious pros or cons in having a girlfriend in school as I wouldn't want any thing to jeorpadise my academic success.
Additionally and for emphasis, can lack of same (girlfriend), impede one's interpersonal relationship in the outside world?
Furthermore, would it be a wise course to jettison same so as to face one's studies squarely.

Rationative counsel will be appreciated overmuch.
Should need be for private natter, this is my email =ukndu@yahoo.com
Thanks a million.

It all depends on ur priority and d kind of unis u intends to go.

My sincere advise to you is that, you should focus on your study particularly in ur 100L in order to have a solid CGPA. But when u get to 300/400L d presure wi be so high dat if you fail to hav a dates during dis period,u may not be able to concentrate anymore.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Me date a girl in university? God forbid...E be like say u one dey buy bb, shoe and bag etc so she cn compete with her friends...Except the girl hold wella I aint doing dt sh.It
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
D sage:

It all depends on ur priority and d kind of unis u intends to go.

My sincere advise to you is that, you should focus on your study particularly in ur 100L in order to have a solid CGPA. But when u get to 300/400L d presure wi be so high dat if you fail to hav a dates during dis period,u may not be able to concentrate anymore.
12 inches!:
Me date a girl in university? God forbid...E be like say u one dey buy bb, shoe and bag etc so she cn compete with her friends...Except the girl hold wella I aint doing dt sh.It
Thank you, if someone forgets it entirely, won't one be a kind of hampered in terms of interpersonal relationship with the opposite sex?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Jusome: 12:06am On Aug 21, 2012
i beliv u shud focos on ur studies, i advise u finish sku b4 u tink abt datng
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 1:32am On Aug 21, 2012
12 inches!:
I understand, it's just that I don't mean dating, in its strict sense.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Tallest9(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2012
am yet to be convinced that being in a romantic relationship at varsity level is advantageous if not for times that u wud nid a female companion to talk to.these relationships end up eating ur resources (time and money inclusive)
My candid advice is to focus on doing well in your studies rather than trying to get involved in a romantic relationship. i'll suggest you try to make alot of female friends and keep your relationship with them platonic
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by MMM2(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2012
Op

Read ur books

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
Jusome: i beliv u shud focos on ur studies, i advise u finish sku b4 u tink abt datng
Okay, thank you.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Saecula: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
Try and place ur priorities right
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Gudintent: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
This is a secondary school question surely

advantages & disadvantages

next you will want me to write an essay undecided
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
Gudintent: This is a secondary school question surely

advantages & disadvantages

next you will want me to write an essay undecided

You ought to have said your mind and not derail the thread
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is certain that if you are dating a Nigerian girl in university or polytechnic or college of edu, and u urself the guy isn't in school, especially that same school, that she must definitely be cheating on you by running around with her school boys and working class guys....that one is certain, don't be fooled by whatever she may tell you cos you passed through high institution in Nigeria and ought to know left from right. Those campus girls are just so horrible, especially with the advent of social networking sites and BB! Guys beware of who u trust your heart & emotion with!
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Mynd44: 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
There is no advantage or disadvantage. What works for some people might not work for you so don't base decisions on other people's opinions
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Jerie(m): 2:07am On Aug 27, 2012
@ OP, the advantage or otherwise of ur relationship with your girlfriend depends on you and her. On your side, you should consider
Your time - can you split your time between your studies and her needs for your attention?
Your Money - Guy, you're a student. As such, your income is limited. You'll spend money on new expenses like BIS, pop corn, suya, recharge cards, ice cream, dinner gowns, money for hair-do, eating out and oda things.
Your emotions - What if she dumps you 2 during the lecture-free week preceeding your exams? Do you have sufficient 'shock-absorber' to hold you through?
I'm letting you on this cos I'm also in my finals in a Uni here and though I asked my gal out dis year, I've been admiring her since 2009 when I was in my second year. Between that time and now, I've been able to build up my platonic relationship with her, known her person and prepared myself to hv her in my life. When she finally came in, we just clicked.
In one word, build ur GP, build yourself and u now have a ground to build ur relationship. U cnt put something on nothing and extend it to stand. Best wishes!
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Contumely: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
DailyNews: It is certain that if you are dating a Nigerian girl in university or polytechnic or college of edu, and u urself the guy isn't in school, especially that same school, that she must definitely be cheating on you by running around with her school boys and working class guys....that one is certain, don't be fooled by whatever she may tell you cos you passed through high institution in Nigeria and ought to know left from right. Those campus girls are just so horrible, especially with the advent of social networking sites and BB! Guys beware of who u trust your heart & emotion with!
Thanks, I'm still in uni anyway.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Msrikky(f): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
Jusome: i beliv u shud focos on ur studies, i advise u finish sku b4 u tink abt datng
Wot kinda advc is dat...did u fnsh skool b4 u had ur own 1st ....anywyz do wot u tnk best 4ursef ma dear...all d best
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Serendipity: 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mynd_44: There is no advantage or disadvantage. What works for some people might not work for you so don't base decisions on other people's opinions
I see
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Theben(m): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2012
Please dont later come and create a topic on how you have been victimised by your lecturers or how you feel you're better than those who made better grades. I implore you to focus on your studies, have female friends but avoid getting yourself emotionally attached until you feel you're capable enough to deal with the 'shadow objectives' of going into a relationship. Having a girlfriend in school is no child's play especially if you're a novice in that field.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by beylinko(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2012
U know ursef beta dan us.if u tink u r capable of addimg an extra responsibilities 2 d 1ce u already hv then go ahead.
But know there r so many things u can occupy ursev wit dan 2 be bothered abt havin a girlfriend nw. Meet people,knw abt cultures,build ur CGPA, have relationship wit God,plan ur future,discover ur purpose in lyf... I wil also want u to hv a reasön for wantin a relationship. If u start wit 1 gurlfriend u can nv end wit dat same 1. The choice is urs
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. by Saecula: 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
Methinks you should face your studies as better chicks will come your way if you succeed ultimately.
Gudluck!

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Seduced By My Maid And Made Me Sex Her Badly / Alaafin Of Oyo Youngest Wife Thrown Out For Cheating With Popular Musician / Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.