Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) (41324 Views)

Cosmic Ray Rumours / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / Breaking News : Cosmos Rays Visits Earth From Mars Tonight By 12:30am To 3:30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by iamtheprincipal: 12:29am On Aug 16, 2012
I received the test too from a friend and I sent it out to some others, just to be on a safe side.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by 1Dray(m): 12:29am On Aug 16, 2012
Lol... Story... Tales by moon light. I guess u should go read ur science text.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Kooney1: 12:30am On Aug 16, 2012
Oh guys get over dis rash false rumor dissemination habit. Nasa BBc carried that news some years back. Learn how to read, may be you'll understand stuffs written on the net easier. Lolz....................... Right now i'm reading online. Booooo
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 16, 2012
Nna the cosmic rays is real o! I just witnessed my Nokia 3310i turn to an iPhone 5 grin

Oloshi hediots and shediots... angry

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by yemstok(m): 12:31am On Aug 16, 2012
Cosmic ray nikan ko, na Lasun ray......imagine, all my friends have turned off their fones. Mttcheew. SMH!
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by EzePromoe: 12:32am On Aug 16, 2012
Please friends, is cosmic ray a name of place or animal?

2 Likes

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by adigunomomama(m): 12:32am On Aug 16, 2012
No be only cosmic rays, na muka ray brother sef....abeg make we hear word jhooor, am very sure its coming to greet the muka ray family
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by lyfe(m): 12:33am On Aug 16, 2012
soft-touch:
With BBM and Whatsapp,
+ Joblessness rumour spread like wildfire in naija.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by luxury01(m): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2012
No be only cosmic ray na lasun ray abi muka ray..mumu ppu
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 12:40am On Aug 16, 2012
hahaha. Some people with their crazy mentality. Its 12:41am here... Lolz
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by sleeky8(m): 12:40am On Aug 16, 2012
Mi i dnt blame d idle, jobless idiots dat startd d rumours its d pple stupid enuf 2 believe dis stunt i blame.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by DAMIGHT(m): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2012
PLEASE DNT LET US REMAIN
FOOL AT NIGERIA ..LET US
LEARN HOW TO USE BONUS
ESPECIALLY SMS.,I NOTICE !!
WEN EVER DIA IS SMS BONUS
4RM OUR SERVICE PROUIDER
IN NIGERIA WE DO ALWAYS
MISS USE IT ..INSTEAD 4 US 2
USE 2 PASS REASONABLE
INFORMATION DAT WILL
BENEFIT OUR LIFE WE
RANTHER USE IT 2 PASS
ACROSS RUMUOR AND
INUENTED FABLE BY SOME
ENEMIES OF PROGRESS...
PLEASE LET US STOP DIS. LET
US LEARN HOW TO KNW OR
FIND INFORMATION
SOURCE..DNT JOIN DEM 2
SPREAD SUCH UNCOMFIRM
NEWS..IF DIA IS ANY TINZ U
WNT 2 KNW SERCH GOOGLE
AND LEARN 2 SEARCH.. ..GO
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news 4
more news on cosmic ray...
Cosmic ray is A highly
energetic atomic nucleus or
other particle traveling
through space at a speed
approaching that of light..A
stream of ionizing radiation
of extraterrestrial origin,
consisting chiefly of protons,
alpha particles, and other
atomic nuclei but including
some high-energy electrons,
that enters the atmosphere,
collides with atomic nuclei,
and produces secondary
radiation, principally pions,
muons, electrons, and
gamma rays.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Beync(f): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2012
I'v been getting these rumor sms since mtn started their promo.
me sef got too many sms unesed, i think people are trying to use theirs
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by mykejones(m): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2012
Hehehehe..
Dem my paddies don switch off dia fones o.
Tor!
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Smartjeezy(m): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2012
Busybody communication(BBC).i hate this kind of rumours spreading like a malaria from this bunch of nit-wit,jobless,i.di.ot...
My inbox is out of space for new messages now.

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by leslieu63(m): 12:44am On Aug 16, 2012
only a fool will belive that cosmic rays can come from mars.PLs i need a laptop with a cosmic ray player FOOOLS.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Rotello(m): 12:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Some dnt eve knw the meanin of "cosmic rays"may God deliver us o
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 12:45am On Aug 16, 2012
sleeky8: Mi i dnt blame d idle, jobless idiots dat startd d rumours its d pple stupid enuf 2 believe dis stunt i blame.
that is nijja for us...

#Hustling mood activated cos business partner will soon be coming online.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by mcevans1(m): 12:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Cosmic Rays ko, Blu-Rays ni...STUPID HEDIOTS! BASCARDS grin grin grin
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2012
mykejones: Hehehehe..
Dem my paddies don switch off dia fones o.
Tor!
Sorry to say, but your paddy's are mumu... #INOFITSHOUT
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by olasquare: 12:49am On Aug 16, 2012
For all those that belief cosmic ray or se ♌a̶̲̥̅̊ comedy ray make we call am....

All of them b Eba.... Better them b pako and suegbe as baba 70 take sing.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by ojeka1(m): 12:51am On Aug 16, 2012
as WAEC Websitd no d accessible b'cos of congetion na him people want fear others rumour[b][/b]
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by freecocoa(f): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2012
Someone please help,my phone is melting,what should i do? Though I'm still typing with it sha.undecided,I'm so scared.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by wewe1(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2012
I can see the ray right now, coming towards my phone, my head is spinning, my eyes are about falling from it sockets. oh no! the cosmic or comic ray has turned to a radio station, with all its power, i am listening to it right now on RAYPOWER FM.
cosmic ray ko COSMOS FM ni.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Supergwin(m): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2012
NL 4 lyf... Ma peeps no dey dull, dia fada nyash, na who dem wan dey lie 4... #AmaBrowseBrowse
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2012
freecocoa: Someone please help,my phone is melting,what should i do? Though I'm still typing with it sha.undecided,I'm so scared.
freecocoa, freeurself from ya fone.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by chimauga(m): 12:57am On Aug 16, 2012
the extra cosmic rays. The
planet's atmosphere and
magnetic field combine to form
a formidable shield against
space radiation, protecting humans on the surface. Indeed,
we've weathered storms
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 12:57am On Aug 16, 2012
Superg_win: NL 4 lyf... Ma peeps no dey dull, dia fada nyash, na who dem wan dey lie 4... #AmaBrowseBrowse
That's NL for us and i still dey gbadun the forum cos never a dull moment. Thanks to Seun
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by leslieu63(m): 12:59am On Aug 16, 2012
The message above is clearly nothing more than just another HOAX. I don’t know why people are circulating panic messages such as this to disturb the lives of other people. From what I have noticed, this message has been circulating since 2008 and it suddenly reappeared today, 16 August 2012. I also received text messages containing this false information and saw similar Facebook posts. I did my own research and I have found no credible reports that confirm the claims in the warning message. There are no references to such a threat listed on credible scientific websites. I also checked the
NASA and BBC news today to see if they have posted something like this. Fortunately, both have never said such a thing and will never probably produce a similar baseless statement. Despite the claim in the message, there are several reasons to say that this information is untrue. First, Mars could not emit harmful radiation because it is not a star. Cosmic rays are emitted by stars. i.e bodies that are undergoing nuclear reactions that is fusion (as occurs in our sun) or fission (as occurs in nuclear reactors). Mars is neither. It is a planet that just reflects sunlight. It cannot emit cosmic radiation. Next, with regards to these rays the earth’s atmosphere is capable of taking care of them so no need to worry. The magnetosphere absorbs and protects us from the sun’s harmful radiation. Whatever remains is too feeble to affect any thing as far as earth. Another thing is that we are actually
hit by cosmic rays every day — all day (and night too). If it was going to hurt your cell, then it would have already fried it by now. Sometimes magnetic storms on the
sun will fry the electronics of
satellites in orbit, and may also blow
out the power grid in high latitudes
near the Earth’s magnetic poles, but
other than static, I don’t see what it might do to your cell phones. So, to anyone who will receive this kind of message, please think it over and help educate others. Spreading dubious and unsubstantiated warnings such as this is counterproductive and is unlikely to help anyone.

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Emmysteve(m): 1:02am On Aug 16, 2012
wow! I just dey enjoy the cosmi ray. E sweet die. Abeg when is the next cosmi ray sef.?
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 1:03am On Aug 16, 2012
Peeps. help with good dating site to work on. I no dey for this Cosmic Rays rumor jor
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Emmysteve(m): 1:03am On Aug 16, 2012
Eze Promoe: Please friends, is cosmic ray a name of place or animal?
Its a noun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Turtle Captured In Famgbe Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Five Planets Align Perfectly, Visible Until End Of June ( Pics) / Boy Who Built Bicycle With Local Materials Gets Gift From Good Samaritan. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.