Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv (1414 Views)

How Can I Download And Save Youtube Videos To My Pc And Phone. Pls Help / How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? / How To Send Pc To Phone Sms With Customised Sender Id Without The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by mecussey(m): 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2007
Guys, who knows how to connect computer to Tv
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by webemerald(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2007
yes you can but really you need a tv that supports such, there is a certain connector you will use.
We use it frequently at work for presentations but we use a laptop with an Lg 32inch lcd tv.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by iice(f): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2007
Yeah. . .i do it alot. . .but erhhh my bro did ma connection tongue
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by mecussey(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2007
Please, could you people findout how they did it, I really need it because that is the only source to watch premiership in my office. I have tried VGA 1 and 6, i e Red in and Redout it did not work
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by iice(f): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2007
Get a PS2 AV wire with Video out (most cases -yellow). Most modern VCD/DVD players use that outlet. Its the funny looking socket with multiple holes * similar to the mouse or keyboard (not USB)*. As long as your PC has Video card your good. That should work!
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by fxtwo: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2007
But why not try a TV card on your PC. I mean, you can install a TV card and watch TV stations from your PC just as you watch movies, etc. The card costs about 6000 depending on the size. Good luck,
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by mecussey(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2007
No I don't need a TV card, Monitor is different from TV. Lice ur explaination is not clear
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by tomX1(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2007
What you need is a TV card. You connect that to your CPU ( for desktops) or to your PCMCIA or USB slots (for laptops) then you can conect your arial to the TV card and watch your programmes via your monitor. Go to hardware vendors in computer village and they will show you how its done. It's quite easy.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by iice(f): 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2007
Its[b] iice[/b] sheeshhhh
Video card is for your monitor not your TV LMAO

Maybe someone can explain in more 'simpler' terms for you undecided
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by needeeg(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2007
Madam na here u dey do ur Xmas?
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by tomX1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2007
TV signals come not from your tv but from your arial. So if you wish to watch tv programs on your computer, connect a tv card to your computer thus you will have a port through which to plug your arial to you computer and view you tv programmes.

A video card is however used for video captureing - that is transfering video streams from a video device like a camcoder or VCR to your computer hard drive in an encoded format such as AVI or MPEG.

If your desire is to view the contents of your computer on a tv screen then you need a graphics card (VGA card) that has provision for TV-out. You connect from your tv-out port to your tv.

Since in your case you wish to view premiership matches on your computer (that is streaming tv programs through your computer) get your self a TV card. It cost less than fivethousand naira for the desktop version and about Nine thousand for the laptop version.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by smartsoft(m): 11:46am On Dec 26, 2007
Even the dude that posted doesn't know what he really want, okay now you wanan connect your computer to a Tv depends on what you want to do, but if it is a premership and you don't have a TV! just go get a TV CARD at Otigba and connect it and dere you go, you connect you HITV or DSTV thing to your laptop or whatever to it, My friends use that TV card to watch all the station he wants,

or you just wanna watch TV huh ? then go get that Phone that uses TV, a friend got for N18,000 very clear and loud and screen is big enough for you to watch whatever you wanna watch.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by mecussey(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2007
smartsoft, you did not understand what I meant, I don't need HITV or DSTV to watch premiership, I got mine through internet and it shows on my Monitor very clear but I want it to be showing my TV, that is all. Some body said something that made sense, I think I will go get the VGA card that has TV output.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by mecussey(m): 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2007
smartsoft, you did not understand what I meant, I don't need HITV or DSTV to watch premiership, I got mine through internet and it shows on my Monitor very clear but I want it to be showing my TV, that is all. Some body said something that made sense, I think I will go get the VGA card that has TV output.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by labiyemmy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2007
Hi, what model of computer/laptop do you have and what operating system? i will send you instructions, but u need a laptop/computer that supports multiple monitors and also a TV in connector on the laptop/computer, and of course you need to buy a cable to do that.

why do people say he needs a \tv card? he says he wants to connect his PC to his TV, he didnt say he wants to watch TV on his computer.
Re: Can I Connect My Pc To My Tv by mecussey(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2007
Olabiyemmi, you understands correctly what I meant, I use and old P3 computer that has only VGA card with only two outputs, I.e Monitor male and female, I think I will get a VGA that supports TVOut

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is A Template? / Forum Traffic / Get A Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.