Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA (12710 Views)

I Will Defeat APC Today With 65 Senators On My Side – Saraki / Nigerian Woman Caught With 35 Pellets Of Heroin In Her Stomach At Dulles Airport / Woman 39, Conceals 1.5kg Of Heroine Inside Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by onatisii: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
A 47-year-old Nigerian man has been arrested and charged as a result of his alleged ingestion of 65 pellets containing approximately one kilogram of heroin, United States Attorney Kenneth Magidson announced Aug. 16.

The criminal complaint filed Monday, Aug. 13, indicates that on Aug. 10, Sunday Okechukwu Ogbonu, a citizen of Nigeria, arrived at Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) in Houston aboard Emirates flight 211 from Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Ogbonu’s itinerary indicated he had traveled from Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Nigeria to Dubai International Airport in the United Arab Emirates seven days prior. He was scheduled to return to Nigeria, by way of Dubai, departing Houston on Aug. 25..

Ogbonu was arrested Aug. 10 after Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers observed questionable behavior by Ogbonu and believed him to be an internal drug courier. He gave written consent to be taken to a medical facility for an x-ray, which allegedly revealed multiple pellets containing an unknown substance completely filling his stomach and intestines. He later expelled a pellet, the contents of which field tested positive for the presence of heroin.

“This apprehension is an example of the commitment of CBP officers to disrupting alleged illegal activity that could pose a devastating threat to the American public,” said Jeffrey O. Baldwin Sr., CBP director of Houston Field Operations.

Ogbonu remained under the care of medical professionals until he had passed all foreign bodies from his digestive tract and was medically discharged.

The case is being investigated by Homeland Security Investigations and CBP and is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Bertram Isaacs.

A criminal complaint is a formal accusation of criminal conduct, not evidence.

A defendant is presumed innocent unless convicted through due process of law.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/humble/news/nigerian-national-arrested-at-bush-intercontinental-airport-after-allegedly-ingesting/article_c30266a1-f39e-5c69-9fac-95e0430d62e6.html
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by Lordave: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2012
Let him be properly dealt with.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by seedord247(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2012
Welcome to the united state of prison. Enjoy your stay in federal prison as you turn gay in couple of month. sad

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by pembisco(m): 12:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
Let him join ibori jor!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by comechop(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
In before the tribalist scum among us start to spew their hate!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
seedord247: Welcome to the united state of prison. Enjoy your stay in federal prison as you turn gay in couple of month. sad

Lol...how did u know? Have you been there b4? Lol...
But its true sha, the gaylords will soon ra/pe him to bits; especially if he is good looking and he is not muscular grin....if he is effeminate, ah! That's the quickest way to attract rap/e.

NB :I've not been there b4 oooo....but I've heard testimony from ex-cons
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by Ejine(m): 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2012
These guys never learn. I hope he rots in jail.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by Ejine(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
speedyboi:

But its true sha, the gaylords will soon rape him to bits; especially if he is good looking and he is not muscular grin....if he is effeminate, ah! That's the quickest way to attract rape.

NB :I've not been there b4 oooo....but I've had testimony from ex-cons

I know for sure say dem don knack you before grin
I can just feel it grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by martin92(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2012
its because of unemployment dat is making pple do all dis shits 2 make money. 50 percent of nigeria moni is being held by 10 individuals. Smh. GOD BLESS AMERICA
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by seedord247(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2012
speedyboi:

But its true sha, the gaylords will soon ra/pe him to bits; especially if he is good looking and he is not muscular grin....if he is effeminate, ah! That's the quickest way to attract rap/e.

NB :I've not been there b4 oooo....but I've heard testimony from ex-cons

I have not been there before i have fellas that have lived and dimed there all their life... Angola prison in louisiana is one of the world evil prison.. They use spoon to dis-virgin newbees by force by fire.

According my ex DAd... If u stay more a year in prison, u'll definetly wish u live there all your life.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by proudlyafrican(m): 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
"Many do not read with the intent to understand;they read with the intent to reply". So all the tribal warlords you can either read with the intent to understand, how we, as Nigerians are affected by the action of the said Nigerian drug courier caught in United States or you read with the intent to reply on tribal/ethnic line...One more dent to our international image.Hope to hear some goodnews of a Nigerian when next i check on NL.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by seedord247(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
martin92: its because of unemployment dat is making pple do all dis shits 2 make money. 50 percent of nigeria moni is being held by 10 individuals. Smh. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Unemployment??.. and he have the accessed to get a USA visa which millions of nigeria are praying to have.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by Chidex2442(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
In dis part of d world i think der is no sucksex without crime!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by ceej(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
It's no news..That is just a trade which has been here since the 1920's..He just has one billionth of what gets into america from Mexico daily.So why blow out of proportion..He will only do his time..If he had succeeded,he will still be one of the big boys in town.."The game makes you or break you,hope makes you a better man!!!, He will be out soon.its just a matter of time...He crimes are nothing compared to what our politicians commit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by justwise(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
martin92: its because of unemployment dat is making pple do all dis shits 2 make money. 50 percent of nigeria moni is being held by 10 individuals. Smh. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Please don't blame unemployment, a criminal is a criminal even in the mix of plenty.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
ceej: It's no news..That is just a trade which has been here since the 1920's..He just has one billionth of what gets into america from Mexico daily.So why blow out of proportion..He will only do his time..If he had succeeded,he will still be one of the big boys in town.."The game makes you or break you,hope makes you a better man!!!, He will be out soon.its just a matter of time...He crimes are nothing compared to what our politicians commit.

Oh please zip it!! i hope he dies in prison, that will be one criminal less.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by Series22(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
Lordave: Let him be properly dealt with.
he is even lucky he was not caught in dubai.. He should b grateful 2 those Americans dat arrestd him.. 4months 2 xmas. We for no hear word 4 village if say him succed.. Rememba 2 buy VASELINE or any other LUBRICANT wen going 2 prison.. Varo, T.bag d Wait 4 u.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested With 65 Pellets Of Heroine In USA by FelixL(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
Prohibition? What is it good for?
http://drug-war.us/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

40 Years After: Murtala Muhammed (a Bloody Coup) / Abdulrahman Ajiya Wins Abaji LG Chairmanship Poll / 650 PDP Members Destroy Their Membership Cards In Abak, Akwa Ibom (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.