Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Google Email Client - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Email Client (1943 Views)

Torrent Client Issues / Help Me With Sonyericsson K320i Email Client.! / Who Knows About Mtn Email Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Email Client by sect(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2007
I tried the google email client on my phone(K750) and this was the response i got 'encryption error TLS/SSL Unknown certificate authority' I really dont understand what this mean,does it mean that my mobile isn't compatible for the it or wat? Anyway for those of u dat want to try it out,here are the settings.
Protocol-POP3
Incoming server-pop.gmail.com
Incoming port-995
Encryption-TLS/SSL
Outgoing server-smtp.gmail.com
outgoing port-587
Re: Google Email Client by topeteadr(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2007
1st go to gmail activate ur for the pop3 and imap server ports for xternal use.
That's all u need 2 do.
Re: Google Email Client by MrInfo1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2007
Use internet setings it shuld work

Phone model: Nokia N73

Setting: Email

Network: Celtel

Service Provider: Access Internet

Go to https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/globalJumpPage.html click on 'Get advanced settings ' follow the steps

Am using gmail on my phone, with Access internet you can only use internet settings
Re: Google Email Client by dragnet: 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2007
infobaba, sect is using SE
Re: Google Email Client by MrInfo1(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2007
But my keypad is Mal-functioning after the holiday i will fix it so i will be able to copy out the settings ? For the main time, those using Nokia should visit the site aboveundecided

For those using symbian phone eg Nokia: N-series use your settings wizard to config your phone
Note: For Celtel users, you need to change your APN to the latest the one installd with setting wizard is the old APN. (eg You need to change internet.vmobile to internet.ng.celtel.com) cheers

or
are u confused? lipsrsealed
Re: Google Email Client by dragnet: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2007
infobaba, if that will help
. . .but I think he's able 2 c0nnect. . .but go0gle is telling him that his TSL/SSL certificate is invalid or sumtn lyk dt
Re: Google Email Client by sect(m): 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2007
Yeah right,am actually able to connect but i think it doesnt recognize my encryption or sumtin like dat.Tope i already activated pop in my mail settings.
Re: Google Email Client by MrInfo1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2007
just download the gmail application:

http://dfn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gmail-mobile/gmail-mobile_1.3.1_update.zip

I went thur that  'encryption error TLS/SSL Unknown certificate authority' on my Annoying W810i (I sold the phone 2 weeks old) it have to do with some certificate like that undecided  i downloaded lot of certificate on the phone still no improvement. I will advice you to forget this issue and go for the google mail application (.jar)

Re: Google Email Client by Fadajasi(m): 7:42am On Dec 27, 2007
I dont understand o,its gettin complicated
Re: Google Email Client by Fadajasi(m): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2007
What of those that are not using internet settings?
Re: Google Email Client by MrInfo1(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2007
Fadajasi:

What of those that are not using internet settings?

forget it, it won't even connect
Re: Google Email Client by Fadajasi(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2007
Ah! Why am i now stressing myself
Re: Google Email Client by topeteadr(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2007
@fadajasi, b'coz u're a nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Bis No Longer Works On Android Devices / Gmail 5.0: Material Design From Android 5.0 Lollipop (download APK) / Anyone Heard Of Any Silex Smartphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.