Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally (2167 Views)

My Car Smokes Only In The Morning,what Could Be Wrong? / Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability / My Car Exaust Smokes White Only On Cold Start Up. What Is Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by scotcom: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2012
Please GURUS in autos should help me out:i have a bimmer 2002 (coja)which smokes occassionally especially after reving it much,although it shorts oil a little,but i was told the engine is still ok as it sounds perfectly and compression is standard and it does not kill plugs.if i start the car in the morning it drops water and it does not smoke but if i give it a hard drive after a while it will smoke(blue smoke)a while and then stop.for example,if am going on a journey of 120km,leavinghome it will not smoke but after 10km it will smoke slighlty till like 30-35km after which it may not smoke for the rest of the journey.i am confuse as i price the engine and was told it goes for 250,000 for tokunbo which is still on the high side for me now.also somebody offer to sell (borale)i.e with some part missing(alternator,compressor,water pump)since my own is still ok for 120,000.pls auto guru help your guy out. Diffrent Mechanics say diffent things and am lost.
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by ASTdiagnostics: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
you will need to run a scan on your car sir.
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by scotcom: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
Thank u sir, i did run a scan but the mechanics are not getting the real issue,that is part of why am confuse,at a point in time one told me to be using it like that since the car does not give me issues except for the smoke which am not comfortable with
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by ASTdiagnostics: 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2012
what was the code(s) after scanning.
for proper and correct code interpretation we will need to scan it.
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by scotcom: 11:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
please can i drive down to your office,if yes pls give me ur adress
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by davioli(m): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
You need to get an expert to properly scan the car and interpret the error codes.. But I'll also advice u check out the catalytic converter of the car. Check out the O2 sensor too... If bad, replace them. Goodluck
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by Zeroid105: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
scot.com:
Please GURUS in autos should help me out:i have a bimmer 2002 (coja)which smokes occassionally especially after reving it much,although it shorts oil a little,but i was told the engine is still ok as it sounds perfectly and compression is standard and it does not kill plugs.if i start the car in the morning it drops water and it does not smoke but if i give it a hard drive after a while it will smoke(blue smoke)a while and then stop.for example,if am going on a journey of 120km,leavinghome it will not smoke but after 10km it will smoke slighlty till like 30-35km after which it may not smoke for the rest of the journey.i am confuse as i price the engine and was told it goes for 250,000 for tokunbo which is still on the high side for me now.also somebody offer to sell (borale)i.e with some part missing(alternator,compressor,water pump)since my own is still ok for 120,000.pls auto guru help your guy out. Diffrent Mechanics say diffent things and am lost.
My guy, u need new valve seals.

1 Like

Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by scotcom: 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
I want to say thank you to nairalander who advised me on my first post on nairalander concerning my BMW that smokes occasionally,I actually got the engine rebuilder after a while but the problem was actually a crack on the cylinder head which makes one of the valves inactive and as such oil do escape into the combustion chamber and it comes out in form of blue smoke.but now I have another issue I need help of nairalander to advice.The problem started with me having a failed oil pump on motion,I later got another oil pump fixed and on trying to start the car we found out that the nozzle was not spraying fuel we ran a scan on the car and I was told my brain box is bad that as such I will need another ecu plus ews to get my car started.i went to buy this items and now the nozzles spray but the car is yet to start.pls can anyone advice pls.The car is 2002 n42 engine of e46.
Re: My 2002 316i BMW Smokes Ocassionally by erico2k2(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Op dont be ignorant,scan and paste the codes on here,however for U to know if ur ECU gs dead all U need to do is remove or disconnect a component ie Canshaft positioning sensor and sed if the Ecu would store a code for it when scanned,that my friend is the best way to troubleshoot a dead ECU

(1) (Reply)

Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help / LEXUS GX 470 2004 Back Axile Keeps Going Down / Pls Help, My Toyota Camry Gear Is Giving Me Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.