Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Rover 600 Series Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rover 600 Series Cars (2286 Views)

Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. / My Rover 600 Vibrates At Between 40 To 60 Mph / Rover 600 Series - Strength And Reliability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rover 600 Series Cars by 9free(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
The Rover 600 Series is a compact executive car produced by the British carmaker Rover Group under the Rover marque, from 1993 to 1999. The Rover 600 exterior was designed by Rover, a re-skin of the Tochigi-developed Honda Accord, also built in the UK by Honda in Swindon. The core structure and vast majority of the engineering content was sourced from Honda but the vehicles were designed at the same time, with a small
Rover team on-site in Japan. Colour and trim derivatives were also used to help separate the Rover from the Honda in the marketplace. The 1.8, 2.0 and 2.3-litre straight-4 petrol engines were all provided by Honda. However, the 2.0-litre turbodiesel Rover L-Series engine and turbocharged petrol engines were developed by Rover itself, evolutions of units already available
elsewhere in the Rover model range.
Source: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_600_Series

[B]Please I need your advice on this topic. It seems many Nigerians are going for the various range of Rover 600 series as the number of these brand of car is on a continues increase on Nigerian roads. From Lagos to Abuja to PH and Maiduguri, people are patronizing this product on daily basis.
Abeg, those that have had experiences with these brand of cars should advice a young NL on the merits and demerits of Rover 600 series of cars before he commits his money and later regret it.
Thanks in advance......[/B]
Re: Rover 600 Series Cars by 9free(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
HELP ooohhhh.
Re: Rover 600 Series Cars by Nwunuken(m): 7:04am On Aug 20, 2012
We need expect in d house for more explanation
Re: Rover 600 Series Cars by 9free(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
Nwunuken: We need expect in d house for more explanation

Seconded by me
Re: Rover 600 Series Cars by jimshimfe(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2012
Some use Rover engine, the best are those with Honda halla engine.
Have you ever used a honda halla or academy? thats what rover 600 is, a blend (interior like academy, engine halla)of the two.
It is a strong car, fast (though not accelaration), good on naija roads, fuel economical, mechanics evrywhere, parts cheap, interior is roomy, boot spacious.
Have been using one bought last year march have only changed door handle and one of the shocks (note am almost always using my AC).
I noticed the inner door handle if pulled carelessly by passenger spoils easily, any problem with the glass winding system, change the winding engine (2-3k) dont repair cos after a while you will go back to your panel beater.

1 Like

Re: Rover 600 Series Cars by 9free(m): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2012
jim shimfe: Some use Rover engine, the best are those with Honda halla engine.
Have you ever used a honda halla or academy? thats what rover 600 is, a blend (interior like academy, engine halla)of the two.
It is a strong car, fast (though not accelaration), good on naija roads, fuel economical, mechanics evrywhere, parts cheap, interior is roomy, boot spacious.
Have been using one bought last year march have only changed door handle and one of the shocks (note am almost always using my AC).
I noticed the inner door handle if pulled carelessly by passenger spoils easily, any problem with the glass winding system, change the winding engine (2-3k) dont repair cos after a while you will go back to your panel beater.

@Oga Jim, thanks for doing justice to this thread.
However I still have one more question: At what price range do you think one can bargainly buy a Rover with honda halla engine?
Re: Rover 600 Series Cars by leixinai: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2012
Some use Rover engine, the best are those with Honda halla engine.
It is a strong car, fast (though not accelaration), good on naija roads, fuel economical, mechanics evrywhere, parts cheap, interior is roomy, boot spacious.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

My Key Won't Turn The Ignition All Of A Sudden / How To Know Good Engine / A Cheap Headlamp Lens Cleaning DIY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.