Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different (4351 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2012
Sun of god: I normally dont comment in the religion section but i'll make the exception here.

If you open the bible to the book of genesis the first chapter talks constantly about 'God' and his work.

From chapter 2 you'll notice that it switches to the 'Lord God' - These 2 entities are not the same!

God created man (chapter 1) and the 'lord God' formed Adam (chapter 2).

The 'Lord God' formed 'Adam' and gave him commandments. One of them was not to eat from the tree of knowledge or he would shorely die. The entity refered to as the 'Serpent' told Eve that the 'Lord God' was lying and that if she ate of the tree her eyes would be open and she would become wise with knowledge and know the difference between good and evil.

When Eve ate of the tree what happened? Did she die or were her eyes open?

The 'Serpent' was telling the truth and the 'Lord God' was exposed as a liar! (Note: The Serpent is not the Devil - or it would have been called the devil). The serpent was then cursed by 'the lord' for exposing his lies and the lord god banished adam and eve from the garden to prevent them from accessing the tree of life which would have enabled them to become immortals.

The 'lord god' is the God of the hebrews - Jesus made the comment that they were of their father the devil who was a liar from the begining - Seems he knew the 'Lord God' of the old testament was actually the devil.

Anyway, Jesus was executed for calling himself the 'Son of the Living God' and not the son of the 'Lord God' aka the god of the hebrews/Isralites.

^^^^
Ignorance is a disease,

if you even read your bible well with an honest heart you will have noted at 2peter 3:8 and psalm 90:4 that a day to Yahweh is = 1000yrs with man.

The sun that we turn around that determine our night and day is it the same sun that Yahweh uses to count his own time?

adam lived 900 and years not up to 1000years and as such he did not lived up to a day.

This is infact the reason the info in the bible is hidden so that dishonest heart cant make sense of it.

You just came here and expose your ignorance/foolishness.

In the book of Revelation 20:1-3

the identity of the serpent is opened up in Revelation and so are other scriptures that does same.

Why not go and read the bible well and come back next time, maybe you will make more sense.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Exactly I see your point. Sun_of_god and Mr Sun_of_god are two different people.

which point did you see?

As a christian dont you think you should do better than this?

Are you helping people with the truth or you are destroying their faith?
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2012
Sun of god: I normally dont comment in the religion section but i'll make the exception here.

If you open the bible to the book of genesis the first chapter talks constantly about 'God' and his work.

From chapter 2 you'll notice that it switches to the 'Lord God' - These 2 entities are not the same!

God created man (chapter 1) and the 'lord God' formed Adam (chapter 2).

The 'Lord God' formed 'Adam' and gave him commandments. One of them was not to eat from the tree of knowledge or he would shorely die. The entity refered to as the 'Serpent' told Eve that the 'Lord God' was lying and that if she ate of the tree her eyes would be open and she would become wise with knowledge and know the difference between good and evil.

When Eve ate of the tree what happened? Did she die or were her eyes open?

The 'Serpent' was telling the truth and the 'Lord God' was exposed as a liar! (Note: The Serpent is not the Devil - or it would have been called the devil). The serpent was then cursed by 'the lord' for exposing his lies and the lord god banished adam and eve from the garden to prevent them from accessing the tree of life which would have enabled them to become immortals.

The 'lord god' is the God of the hebrews - Jesus made the comment that they were of their father the devil who was a liar from the begining - Seems he knew the 'Lord God' of the old testament was actually the devil.

Anyway, Jesus was executed for calling himself the 'Son of the Living God' and not the son of the 'Lord God' aka the god of the hebrews/Isralites.

now we know that Adam died withing the 1000years = 1day of Yahweh who was the liar that Jesus was talking about?

Was it not satan?

People like you only thrives were there is no light and were darkness reigns.

Sorry to bust you bubbles.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by MrAnony1(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

which point did you see?

As a christian dont you think you should do better than this?

Are you helping people with the truth or you are destroying their faith?
It was sarcasm
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 11:34am On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton:

Oh bros, thank you thank you. So people actually notice these underhand tricks in the bible?
From Elohim to God, then to the lord, then to the Lord God and finally to God Almighty. These are carefully planned tricks intended to decieve the reader into thinking that the bible was refering to just one entity.

In the bible today, you cannot find Adonai, El-shadai, El-Elyon, Elohim etc because the wise men, who seem to be smarter than god, have completely edited out all these dieties from the bible and replaced them with "The lord".
What excactly for, if not for hiding the very obvious fact that the Isrealites did not practice monotheism as is pupported?.

there is nothing to hide,

You dont have the whole facts that is why you fall for that lie.

I pity you folks.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton: Christians know sooooo little about Judaism.
Once upon a time lady who came to preach to me told me that she had never heard of a religion called Judaism. And she was a graduate.
If you ever take time to study Judaism or talk with a Jewish Rabbi, they would tell you that Ashera was the consort of Yahweh, Baal was Yahweh's son and lilith yahweh's daughter whom the isrealites reffered to as the queen of heaven.

They worshipped Ashera and lilith, the queen of heaven in order for the two to intercede on their behalf in tempering the ire of Yahweh.
Ashera, Baal, and Lilith were integral parts of ancient hebrew religion.

In the bible, we see conflicts between the Yahwehist and the worshippers of Baal and Ashera. It is no surprise that Jezebel, priestess of Ashera, is greatly maligned by the yahwehist scribes.

It is also no surpise that we see prophet Elijah, A Yahwehist champion, launch genocidal religious massacre against the priests of Baal, which is perhaps, the world's first documented case of religious intolerance. So the Boko haram mindset is not entirely new.

from your knowledge of the bible this other gods or demons are from where?

Are they not former angels turned demons?

Who created all the Angels? Is it not Yahweh?

So, cant it be said that they were sons of Yahweh?

At this point you should know what trinity is, a confusion.

All spirit creatures are in God form and they are term as God to humans.

Since the disobedient ones are determined to obscure the almighty God that is why we are were we are now.

Yahweh wants to show Who really the true God is.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton: There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Jews or hebrew descendants worshiping their tribal god Yahweh.

But when a dark skinned African adopts the ancient racist hebrew god as his saviour and key to eternal life, thats when we know that someone has been messing with and has really messed up our brains.

this are your personal opinions.

Or are you a God also?

Or wiki has turn to your God?
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by truthislight: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
ijawkid: @plaetton ......its obvious u got this whole hogwash from the internet.......

U aint even sure of what u wrote.....its just copy and paste..........

It might surprise u to read scriptures that Jesus quoted that reffered to Yahweh as the only true GOD.......

It might also interest u to read Jesus's reply to the sameritan woman @ d well side......Jesus iterated to her whom the Jews and he himself worshipped and served......

All what u wrote up there is just 1 of those means atheists like urself use to refute d existence of the living most high ,YAHWEH......

Better re-trace ur steps back to Yahweh....

His great day is soon to come......

plaeton has just been confuse the more since the Roman catholics have ordered the removal of Yahweh name from the bible.

As such he is now a pon in there hands.

I will not go into detail on this with plaeton on this, you are free to accept whatever you want.

Wishing him the Best in his endeavours.
Peace
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by plaetton: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2012
ijawkid: @plaetton ......its obvious u got this whole hogwash from the internet.......

U aint even sure of what u wrote.....its just copy and paste..........

It might surprise u to read scriptures that Jesus quoted that reffered to Yahweh as the only true GOD.......

It might also interest u to read Jesus's reply to the sameritan woman @ d well side......Jesus iterated to her whom the Jews and he himself worshipped and served......

All what u wrote up there is just 1 of those means atheists like urself use to refute d existence of the living most high ,YAHWEH......

Better re-trace ur steps back to Yahweh....

His great day is soon to come......

I make my argument, and I copy and paste just to educate you that I did not pull it out of my head. It was not revealed to me by holy spirit.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by plaetton: 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

plaeton has just been confuse the more since the Roman catholics have ordered the removal of Yahweh name from the bible.

As such he is now a pon in there hands.

I will not go into detail on this with plaeton on this, you are free to accept whatever you want.

Wishing him the Best in his endeavours.
Peace

Thank very you sir.
So someone finally agrees that Roman Catholics have removed Yahweh from the bible. What else have they removed from the bible?
If so, can the bible ever be taken seriously and relied upon as the word of whichever god?
You have made my case.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton:

Thank very you sir.
So someone finally agrees that Roman Catholics have removed Yahweh from the bible. What else have they removed from the bible?
If so, can the bible ever be taken seriously and relied upon as the word of whichever god?
You have made my case.

Why should this concern you ?

What is your business with God or the Bible,why are you so curious about what you do not accept ?
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by plaetton: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony: @plaetton, I have gone over this with you before on this forum here https://www.nairaland.com/1012667/weird-facts-book-job.
You did not provide a suitable answer then and you are also doing a poor job again now. You are now resorting to bad semantics.
Your statements read something like this:
"Plaetton is the smarttest man in the class.
The smartest man in the class scored 10/10.
His name is Mr Plaetton"

You are now trying to argue between nouns, pronouns and adjectives i.e. "Plaetton", "Mr Plaetton", and "the smarttest man" are three different people.
What makes it even worse is that you are using the hebrew terms for these adjectives and pronouns so that they sound like individual names.
That my friend, is how not to argue.
It is even much worse because on the one hand you are arguing that Yahweh is one God against all other gods then on the other hand, you are arguing that Yahweh is not against Elyon, Elohim e.t.c. who are different from Him thereby contradicting yourself all in the bid to disprove something that is very simple and clear.

I won't deal with this further until you can provide a worthy argument with some real evidence.

Suitable answer and worhty argument for you? Nooooo way. That is impossible. You are a man of faith. You already have all your answers. That is what it means to have faith.

We can debate and argue, but do no look to me for a suitable answer since our religious viewpoints are worlds apart. We can jawa jaw as much as could endure, crack jokes when it is suitable and then call it a day.

Unlike you, I do not lay claim to any scriptural reasoning(apologies to ijawkid). I offer my opinions based on my little knowledge and whenever necesarry, I support it with generally known facts available on the internet.
I just provided wikipedia, a neutral reference for the subject in question in order to show you that I am not just posting my biased personal opinions.
If you read the link and did not understand it, no problems. If you read the link and disagree with most or all of it, no problems as well.
I honestly understand. You are a man of faith.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by plaetton: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

Why should this concern you ?

What is your business with God or the Bible,why are you so curious about what you do not accept ?

Well, for one thing, The religious beliefs of others not only greatly affect me in very negative ways , but also threaten my very existence from day to day.
Just ask those who have lost family members to Boko haram.
Why should I not seek to understand this phenomenom?
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by plaetton: 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr anony, since we are done with this thread, i need your attention on my other thread, "Crime punishment and Holy Ghost Arrest". I am not seeking to make carricature, rather, I am seeking an honest christian viewpoint on this very important moral issue.
Thanks.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by MrAnony1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton:

Suitable answer and worhty argument for you? Nooooo way. That is impossible. You are a man of faith. You already have all your answers. That is what it means to have faith.

We can debate and argue, but do no look to me for a suitable answer since our religious viewpoints are worlds apart. We can jawa jaw as much as could endure, crack jokes when it is suitable and then call it a day.

Unlike you, I do not lay claim to any scriptural reasoning(apologies to ijawkid). I offer my opinions based on my little knowledge and whenever necesarry, I support it with generally known facts available on the internet.
I just provided wikipedia, a neutral reference for the subject in question in order to show you that I am not just posting my biased personal opinions.
If you read the link and did not understand it, no problems. If you read the link and disagree with most or all of it, no problems as well.
I honestly understand. You are a man of faith.
You too are a man of faith my friend.

I have commented on your other thread as well.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by Sweetnecta: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
@Frosbel:
by frosbel(m): 12:08pm On Aug 19

plaetton: I
[color=#006600]Since most Most Jews , agnostics and atheists do not identify the god of Jesus with the hebrew god , Yahweh, I would like to know whether modern day christians, have, within themselves, wondered as well whether the new testament and old testament gods are one and the same.

Jews can be either agnostic or atheist , so not sure why you grouped an entire ethnicity into the 'gang' of atheists and agnostics.

Besides, those Jews that practise Judaism do not worship Yahweh, they worship what they know not. Having rejected Christ they have forfeited the only path to their reconciliation with Yahweh.

Finally , there are countless Jews , numbering into the tens of thousands who worship Yahweh through Christ.

examples www.jewsforjesus.org/

So next time, please distinguish between atheist Jews, agnostic Jews, Judaic Jews and Christian Jews.
frobel, i love the bold. this is also the case with christians, now. considering that Jesus said that his God is Ellah which you will see in HALLEuyah/HALLEluyah, it is not Yahweh or Jehovah but Allah as in yahAllah/yahAllahu.

God is direct and there is no need to worship Him through anyone, except worshiping by imitating or copying the messenger/prophet of your time. This is the reason you wash up, physically clear your body and symbolically prepare your heart specially for the service before you start.

The period for which Jesus was the one to follow ended when Muhammad [sa] mission reached your hearing/ears. You do not have any excuse to deny Muhammad [sa]. The Jews could not have an irrefutable excuse to deny Jesus [as] during his time, except that they were mostly arrogant and ignorant in disbelieving. The same way Pharaoh could not have an excuse to deny Moses [as] except in the combination of arrogance and ignorance led him.

Each of you is a denier, cover[er] of truth. While Pharaoh's case is decided already, the good news for you is that you are alive so are the other non muslims to mend your belief before your Book is completed and closed.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by Ayomivic(m): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
ijawkid: YAHweh hasn't changed and he is still d same GOD and FATHER of Jesus CHrist......

Yahweh only had 2 covenant through which HE had dealings with his servants and Humans in general...............

1st was the one moses was d mediator, of which was not perfect.......

2ndly and lastly is the new covenant,which Jesus the only begotten son and servant Of YAHWEH is the mediator......

And this new covenant is perfect......

This new covenant affords the world in general to be reconciled to Yahweh....

How do we know YAHWEH has not changed??

He will soon bring an end to wickedness and its perpetrators just as He did in the times of NOAH and sodom $ gomorrah.......

He's only giving us time to adjust our ways so that we don't end up with satan in the lake of fire(total and complete destruction)......

Obstinate Atheists(lol),agnostics who aint sure of where they stand,false christians(those who profess to be christians but do the opposite of what Jesus did and said when he came to the earth),are all giving extra time to change there ways b4 the great day of the ALMIGHTY comes..........

Yahweh will use his son JESUS,his king designate to carry out this actions...........

So my brother,Yahweh hasn't changed....

Jesus is even the one pleading on our behalf right now.......

But soon there'll be an end to that,judgement and destruction will follow....

But note!!!!!!::::::::::: those who do the will of Yahweh,Jesus's Father and GOD are the ones that will remain forever...

Make sure u are part of that group......

Thank u sir..!!!!

Thanks. You have done it.
Re: Christians,honestly, Do You Think Yahweh And The God Of Jesus Might Be Different by Gggg102(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Masturbating / Dangerous Signals That A Baby Is About To Be Killed By Witches Or Occult Agents / The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.