Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) (1248 Views)

Please Help....visa Denied / E-passport Renewal/extension / Naija In Venezuela Pls Help Visa Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by Luxythere: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2012
I came into the UK with a student tier 4 visa for two and a half years, my visa runs out in december this year however
i wish to stay for another five years or stay indefinately in the country because of my sport career as I currently play
for a division 5 team as a goal keeper and I am the number 1 goaly my team needs me as much as i need them. I have been a

commited to my foortball for a long time and now finally made it to a premier amateur division as i still look forward to getting a

contract into a bigger league . Please advise me on how to get a 5 years extension on my visa or a new visa or ultimately an

indefinate leave to remain.
I appreciate your help and look forward to your helpful replies.
Re: Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
Luxythere: I came into the UK with a student tier 4 visa for two and a half years, my visa runs out in december this year however
i wish to stay for another five years or stay indefinately in the country because of my sport career as I currently play
for a division 5 team as a goal keeper and I am the number 1 goaly my team needs me as much as i need them. I have been a

commited to my foortball for a long time and now finally made it to a premier amateur division as i still look forward to getting a

contract into a bigger league . Please advise me on how to get a 5 years extension on my visa or a new visa or ultimately an

indefinate leave to remain.
I appreciate your help and look forward to your helpful replies.

The best people to advice you is your club, they will know if its possible for them to sign you without you going back to Nigeria.

Though i got the feeling that you will be asked to go back to Nigeria to apply for appropriate visa
Re: Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by Luxythere: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2012
justwise:

The best people to advice you is your club, they will know if its possible for them to sign you without you going back to Nigeria.

Though i got the feeling that you will be asked to go back to Nigeria to apply for appropriate visa

Thanks Justwise. I am asking for a friend so will let him know. Not the news he wants though but honesty is it.
Re: Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by worry359(m): 7:31am On Aug 20, 2012
If your friend (or you) is only playing for an amateur (unpaid) hobby team then there is no way that they will qualify for working visa.
If you stay as illegal then you will never get profesional place.
The first thing that they will do is check your status and you will be deported with ban.
You will not get visit visa to look for job even playing football.
In your story you are desparate not to go home.
This is very bad as visa officer needs proof that you will go home or proof of well paying job offer.
Re: Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by Luxythere: 10:38am On Aug 27, 2012
worry 359: If your friend (or you) is only playing for an amateur (unpaid) hobby team then there is no way that they will qualify for working visa.
If you stay as illegal then you will never get profesional place.
The first thing that they will do is check your status and you will be deported with ban.
You will not get visit visa to look for job even playing football.
In your story you are desparate not to go home.
This is very bad as visa officer needs proof that you will go home or proof of well paying job offer.

Thanks for your response...
Re: Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2012
In my own opinion, it would be difficult getting a visa through that route as someone on a student visa. Let him follow justwise's advice ie speak to the club and see if there is anyway they can help him. Switching from tier 4 to routes that lead to permanent residency is now pretty difficult but still doable. If he can get a job with a company that has got a tier 2 sponsor licence, that would he great or alternatively if d bobo can gather 50k (50k no b beans o) he can go for tier 1 entrepreneur visa. That's what my friend is pursuing. Marriage is still an option for those that are interested.
Re: Help : Visa Extension For Football Goalkeeper (UK) by fittty(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Canada Embassies To Go On Strike Monday / Life In Calabar / Motorist Caught Having Sex While Driving In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.