Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

The True Principles of Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Principles of Christianity (911 Views)

The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / Principles Of Exchange, Your Channel For Wealth / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
I am going to make controversial claims here about christianity, some will say it's blasphemy, some will laugh, but some might get the message and it will matter to them. My messages will not be overly long, They will come in bursts of summaries that can be expanded upon in response to questions about them. So here we go:

My first assertion is that almost everybody does not understand christianity. People still hold on to the man Jesus as a model for how a christian should live, afterall, jesus was by all standards, whether christian or not, a very good(if not perfect) man. My first message is that jesus did not reveal the truth of god, He preached it but did not reveal. That was why virtually all his messages were in parables and codes, meant to be revealed after his death and resurrection. Why did he choose parables instead of telling us the plane truth? Simply because it was not yet spiritually "legal" to do so, there was a prevailing authority that jesus was not allowed to violate until it's time has passed. This was the law.

So, What is christianity? To put is simply: It is the believe that the death and resurrection of Jesus christ has set us free from sin.

And what is this sin? It is the Law of sin and death. This law is symbolized by the Tablets of the ten commandments & it's derivatives, It is that law that is against us, the law of do's and don'ts, the same law that accuses us of our failures as a nature, the law that is impossible to keep. Truth is, though this law promised true life and prosperity but it doesn't deliver such, the true nature of the law is to "steal, kill and destroy". But it was the legal system and in order for god to remove it, he'd have to do so legally by demonstrating that such law does not deliver on it's promises, it cannot give life.

How did jesus Destroy the law then? One of the most quoted bible verses that christians refer to as justification for still holding on to the law is Matthew 5:17("Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them". ), but then He goes on in verse 18 to say that nothing will be taken away from the law until it is fulfilled, So i tell you now that jesus's dying on the cross was the fulfillment of the law(it's true purpose). So, for the first time, we have a man who was perfect even according to the law, no fault was found with him, an innocent man and yet the law condemned him to death and inadvertently condemning itself(The Law) too because it has killed it's own personification. The pharisees could not condemn him, Pontious Pilate found no fault with him, the crowd chose to see him die and have a criminal released instead. So every person who was ever in a any position to come to his defence, knowing the he'd done nothing warranting death all turned their backs on him. This is the great trick god played on the devil as a ploy to legally get him out of the way.

So what next? After you are delivered from the law of sin and death, then know that you are no longer bound by it's commandments, your definitions of right and wrong is no longer based on the law & it's commandments. You now have infinte right of will to go as you please, knowing that whatever you choose, in the name of christ, whether profitable or not, cannot take away your christianity, cannot defile you. You are free indeed. You are responsible for your actions and your conscience is no longer tied to the commandments and it's definitions.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
Lovely article,nice words but i kinda disagree with you a bit....

Jesus symbolizes the truth which was killed at a certain period. The Laws of the bible was meant to imprison we humans to the cycle of continuous reincarnations. The only way to freedom is to free ourselves from the Laws and any form of belief systems.

The Christ consciousness is simply the level where we humans should be.That was the level Jesus himself attained before he was said to be crucified. He died becos he said the truth and therefore not for our sins. Any form of worship to Jesus is simply against his principles and a deliberate plot by the POWERS THAT BE to keep us ignorant. Remember,it is all about the message and not the messenger.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
ifeness: Lovely article,nice words but i kinda disagree with you a bit....

Jesus symbolizes the truth which was killed at a certain period. The Laws of the bible was meant to imprison we humans to the cycle of continuous reincarnations. The only way to freedom is to free ourselves from the Laws and any form of belief systems.

The Christ consciousness is simply the level where we humans should be.That was the level Jesus himself attained before he was said to be crucified. He died becos he said the truth and therefore not for our sins. Any form of worship to Jesus is simply against his principles and a deliberate plot by the POWERS THAT BE to keep us ignorant. Remember,it is all about the message and not the messenger.
Jesus preached in parables(a shadow of the truth), so he couldn't have been killed for the truth.
Jesus never attained the christ while alive for there could be no christ while the law was still legally standing, so christ's time begins after the law is put away. If you say he died for speaking truth, then it must be truth according to the law and not according to christ, the two cannot coexist, for they are contrary to each other. So, while alive, jesus conducted himself in compliance with the law, now for that law to have allowed jesus to die means that it has inadvertently allowed it's own truths and values to be put to death, therefore it's era has ended.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by Joagbaje(m): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2012
okeyxyz:
Jesus preached in parables(a shadow of the truth), so he couldn't have been killed for the truth.

Jesus himself is truth and eternal life.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me

Jesus never attained the christ while alive for there could be no christ while the law was still legally standing

Jesus was lord and Christ from the day he recieved the holyghost.

Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Matthew 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

so christ's time begins after the law is put away. If you say he died for speaking truth, then it must be truth according to the law and not according to christ, the two cannot coexist, for they are contrary to each other. So, while alive, jesus conducted himself in compliance with the law, now for that law to have allowed jesus to die means that it has inadvertently allowed it's own truths and values to be put to death, therefore it's era has ended.

He was the truth and he also came to testify to the truth

John 18:37-38
Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? . . .

Re: The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:
Jesus himself is truth and eternal life.
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

Jesus was lord and Christ from the day he recieved the holyghost.

Matthew 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Like I said before, jesus preached truth but coded them in parables, he did not reveal the true meaning of his messages, So jesus himself knew he had the mandate and embodiment of the christ but nobody else understood that. Jesus spoke of perfect principles and values knowing they will be revealed at the right time so that men will remember & reference these things that he had said but with a better understanding of them. So when by inspiration of the holy spirit, peter declared him as "the christ, the son of the living god", jesus replied by saying "flesh & blood did not reveal this to you but by my father in heaven...", in other words, peter did not make that revelation based on the moral and human insight/values by which we judged truth then and now, the same standards by which people still look at jesus today as a good man, man of peace that would hurt no fly, no! that is not the standard by which god makes his calls. So while jesus made all the assertions of his power and glory, he was not refering to himself in the current nature under the standards of the law, but referring to his nature that is soon to be realized through crucifixion & resurrection.

joagbaje:
John 18:37-38
Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? . . .
Again, jesus stresses that he was born for this purpose(what purpose? to remove the law) and "Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice", but we know that in pre-crucifixion, nobody understood christ, it was only after his death and resurrection that this insight was revealed.

joagbaje: Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
He was the truth and he also came to testify to the truth
You will note that all the context of this message was "the resurrected christ", not the pre-crucifixion jesus.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 11:23am On Aug 20, 2012
2 Corinthians 5:16-17
16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
So, this is paul clarifying that we no longer judge by human standards of morality(the law/flesh), We used to regard christ by these norms(as the good man, the standard), We therfore cease to do so. Those standards are not the truth.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
I like to say all Jesus's messages weren't included in the bible. In fact some weren't added by the people who compiled the bible for obvious reasons. I like to ask if you have read the book of Thomas,Mary,Judas,Philip etc. These were Jesus's disciples and it is fair to say their testimonies were first hand.According to Thomas,Jesus did not die on the cross.
The book of Judas gave a totally different story to Mathew,John and Luke which i would say weren't actually written by them. Judas claimed Jesus taught him the secret to the kingdom of God,which abides in our heart. This meant that we are the kingdom Jesus was talking about.You certainly can't say Jesus is the way and only him is the way to illumination(salvation).
The old laws were meant to enslave man. Several messengers have come and gone before and after Jesus even up to this day. I do not accept Jesus to be my lord because he isn't.But rather,I am the way,only I could liberate and free myself if i wish to.
Jesus had to use parables because he knew he would be killed if he went direct at the law. That was simply diplomacy,but he got killed eventually anyway.
Reading the bible only is never enough.Read other scrolls and you will see that the bible is a part truth and part edited. The words of Jesus have been severely twisted and is causing a lot of confusion

To be a good judge,you have to see all sides of the story.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 1:47am On Aug 21, 2012
ifeness:
The book of Judas gave a totally different story to Mathew,John and Luke which i would say weren't actually written by them. Judas claimed Jesus taught him the secret to the kingdom of God,which abides in our heart. This meant that we are the kingdom Jesus was talking about.You certainly can't say Jesus is the way and only him is the way to illumination(salvation).
The old laws were meant to enslave man. Several messengers have come and gone before and after Jesus even up to this day. I do not accept Jesus to be my lord because he isn't.But rather,I am the way,only I could liberate and free myself if i wish to.
Of course, we are the kingdom of god, it is a reality and not an abstract concept. When we declare that christ is "the way, truth and light" in truth it does not mean that we are calling on him as a person but rather that we are declaring our rights as christ, we are equal to god in quality, size and number. Not that we are waiting on jesus but that we have attained the same status, the same principle, the same power, and that is the true meaning of "In jesus name", ie:By my authority as a christ.
[b]John 1:12[/b]Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

ifeness: Jesus had to use parables because he knew he would be killed if he went direct at the law. That was simply diplomacy,but he got killed eventually anyway.
He did not go against the law because he had to uphold the law first in order to prove it's true worth, whether or not it gives life or death, but it was proved to be false and led to the death of jesus, therefore there was the legal grounds to do away with it. The law was actually the one on trial here.

ifeness: Reading the bible only is never enough.Read other scrolls and you will see that the bible is a part truth and part edited. The words of Jesus have been severelly twisted and is causing a lot of confusion

To be a good judge,you have to see all sides of the story.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many books one has read or how much knowledge he has, christianity/god is a principle(spirit), with that principle I can judge all things whether they are true or false. every truth follows a pattern, likewise every lie and i can differentiate them based on such pattern(spirit, principle).
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Agreed! But the name Yeshua(Jesus) isn't important as that was the body that carried the messengers spirit. Christ(plural) which means the collective positive awareness or consciousness is only worthy of reference.

Moreover,he asked the mob to cast the first stone at the lady if they had never committed a sin before. That was a direct attack on the old laws.

This also shed light on other ancient part of the world. Our traditional laws were very inhumane back in the days.It shouldn't be focused on the jews alone because we had christ like beings everywhere including today. Gandhi for example is a typical example of a christ-like being who was killed because he spoke the truth. It is therefore of no importance to keep calling on the name of Gandhi if we simply ignore the message of peace and love he passed preached.

The name of Jesus is not important except we find comfort and joy in those messages he brought to the people around him.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
ifeness:
Moreover,he asked the mob to cast the first stone at the lady if they had never committed a sin before. That was a direct attack on the old laws.
All of jesus's attacks/oppositions to the law where subtle and in parables because the law had to be respected, so he challenged anyone who thinks he's without sin to cast the first stone. Now each person would be aware that he/she had done probably about ten things considered sinful by the law in that day alone, so had to walk away in shame. You see that jesus still saved the woman even though he never opposed the position of the law on the matter.

ifeness: This also shed light on other ancient part of the world. Our traditional laws were very inhumane back in the days.It shouldn't be focused on the jews alone because we had christ like beings everywhere including today. Gandhi for example is a typical example of a christ-like being who was killed because he spoke the truth. It is therefore of no importance to keep calling on the name of Gandhi if we simply ignore the message of peace and love he passed preached.

The name of Jesus is not important except we find comfort and joy in those messages he brought to the people around him.
Truth is: every human culture practices the law, whether today or in the past, i'm not just limiting this reference to the jews, I mean globally. How? because they all have the same definitions for right and wrong, the same moral standards, the same models of righteousness, it does not matter that one is an atheist or jew, or moslem, christian, bhuddist, whatever religion or philosophy, they all are the same by having the same definitions. They only go by different names, no more, no less. You ask an atheist what is adultery and you get the same definition as a "christian" would give you. But a true christianity would not hold the same values as the law that he's supposed to be free from, the law(human morals) should not be defining my values for me, they are no longer valid. So, ghandi and the rest of the "messiahs" you refer to cannot be the christ since they also champion these morals.

So, if I respect the law, then it's out of respect for the people whom it is a culture to(maybe it's illegal to do otherwise) and not because i believe in them. A god cannot sin, he cannot be bound by the law.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by Joagbaje(m): 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Okeyxyz

So what can you say constitute a sin then.
Re: The True Principles of Christianity by okeyxyz(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2012
Joagbaje: @Okeyxyz

So what can you say constitute a sin then.

Sin is the subjection of oneself to the law. Once you begin to define what God has made as good and bad, then you become a sinner. Remember Adam and Eve and the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil? This was the origin of the law. The handing of the tablets to Moses was just a formalization of it, but it had always been a nature\culture of mankind. But the scripture tells us that We must not call unclean whatever god has made clean, for the earth is the Lord's and it's fullness thereof. Nothing natural, done in love can be sin. Homose.xuality for me is a sin, but even homose.xuality is a symptom\consequence of living a life of "good and evil"(The Law).

(1) (Reply)

Do You really Believe In God? Check This Out Then. / Why Are You Not An Atheist? What Makes You Better Than An Unbeliever? / Why Catholics Abstain From Eating Meat On Fridays During Lent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.