Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

The "REAL" Hausa - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The "REAL" Hausa (158473 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:40am On Jan 04, 2018
AlderFadington:

Obviously like I pointed out those other ethnic groups were the main influencers (if there's a word like that?).

But I was talking about the general notion of Arabian influence on the north. I just pointed out that the things attributed to Arabs were not done by Arabs but Berbers who are actually more present than them in northern history.

You are correct bro!

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:41am On Jan 04, 2018
How can anyone say that Hausa are bad after hearing this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYcHuM9BSek

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Cocolatti(m): 9:43am On Jan 04, 2018
Baaballiyo:
Hmmm, What a funny and controversial thread. I see people love to put blame/s upon others. In this case(thread) 'Islam and Fulani' are the culprits. OP is surely not Hausa but to some extent a learned of Hausa history.

His major blunder: BORI.

Bori is not a religion (like Islam or Christianity) is a secret cult. Hausa Pagans worship a Female Goddess call "Tsumburbura" and presently I doubt if 1% of Hausa natives worship her. I believe 90-95% of native Hausa people are Muslims and 3-5% Christians, 2-3% others.
Some people commenting here were arguing with me in another thread that there are no Hausa Christians. That they've never met or heard of it. And these guys claim they are Hausa from the north. I decided to let them be when I discovered that they are being mischievous due to religious sentiment.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by ehikwe22: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2018
Fulaman198:

If you were not so biased, you would realize that there is always a cause and effect. No one attacks another person (most of the time) without having a justified reason.

You being Christian, you are more than likely biased against Fulani people and thus are seeing things through a very tainted scope. Put yourself in the shoes of someone else for once in your life.

If someone went about stealing your possessions, your money, your clothing, your means of life and only source of income, how would you respond? It's human nature to want to defend ones' belongings. Now if you tell me otherwise, I would simply say that you are a f00l.

I was not there, so I can't tell you with absolute certainty about who/whom instigated it, however do not treat these "Christian" Farmers like saints.
I'm not surprised at your response. You just justified my earlier comment.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Baaballiyo(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
Cocolatti:
Some people commenting here were arguing with me in another thread that there are no Hausa Christians. That they've never met or heard of it. And these guys claim they are Hausa from the north. I decided to let them be when I discovered that they are being mischievous due to religious sentiment.

Yeah, most Hausa and Fulani alike (especially those in North-West) don't think there are Hausa or Fulani Christians bc they may never come across them, since they are mostly found in remote villages and even if they come to towns/cities u you'll hardly know they're Christians bc they mostly bear Hausa names (which for the most part are Muslim names) they dress, talk, behave and act exactly like main stream Hausa people, you hv to be vry close to them or spend a lot of time wit them for you to know they're Christians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
Cocolatti:

Why do you keep trying to be sensitive?

Never said that there were "no Hausa christians". Just pointed out that these were recent converts, mostly from pagan populations and that their population is too significant (i gave them 0.5%, as you know) for you to speak of their impact or subscription to culture. And like he pointed out, in every other way they behave they act just like every one else.

It's like people asking about Irish culture and you start asking, the Muslims or the christians? Culture is culture and in this case those who don't fit into the narrative do not have enough away to have any significant effect as to what they as a people are. You pointing out one or two examples here and there doesn't make sense at all, if anything the rarity strangled your argument.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Baaballiyo:

Yeah, most Hausa and Fulani alike (especially those in North-West) don't think there are Hausa or Fulani Christians bc they may never come across them, since they are mostly found in remote villages and even if they come to towns/cities u you'll hardly know they're Christians bc they mostly bear Hausa names (which for the most part are Muslim names) they dress, talk, behave and act exactly like main stream Hausa people, you hv to be vry close to them or spend a lot of time wit them for you to know they're Christians.

Like I pointed out, Christian missionaries have done a good job at targeting pagan villages.

And I also pointed out, their religion does not change or skew what is and what isn't Hausa culture since they subscribe to the same thing like you pointed out and that was the question at hand.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Cocolatti(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
AlderFadington:

Why do keep trying to be sensitive?

Never said that there were "no Hausa christians". Just pointed out that these were recent converts, mostly from pagan populations and that their population is too significant (i gave them 0.5%, as you know) for you to speak of their impact or subscription to culture. And like he pointed out, in every other way they behave they act just like every one else.

It's like people asking about Irish culture and you start asking, the Muslims or the christians? Culture is culture and in this case those who don't fit into the narrative do not have enough away to have any significant effect as to what they as a people are. You pointing out one or two examples here and there doesn't make sense at all, if anything the rarity strangled your argument.
I don't have any issue with Hausa culture or any culture. In fact I appreciate and respect different cultures and the Hausa culture is a part of me. What even made me to comment on that thread was when I saw your comment claiming that there are no Hausa Christians and that you've never even heard or met one.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
ehikwe22:
I'm not surprised at your response. You just justified my earlier comment.

You are nothing more than a bigot. You talk about being saved, do yourself a favour. When you wake up each day, ask yourself, are you genuinely/sincerely a good person/human being. Once you do that, we can continue with this discussion. All you have been doing thus far is dodging and avoiding key points.

If this conversation is way above your head in regards to reading comprehension, perhaps you should move along. Stop wasting peoples' time on here. Get it?

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Baaballiyo(m): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
AlderFadington:

Like I pointed out, Christian missionaries have done a good job at targeting pagan villages.

And I also pointed out, their religion does not change or skew what is and what isn't Hausa culture since they subscribe to the same thing like you pointed out and that was the question at hand.

Yess they (Missionaries) were successful indeed wit the pagans, they where rejected and/or prevented to preach in Towns and Cities of Hausaland, so they took to remote Villages where they found most of the population were either Pagans or nominal Muslims.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by ehikwe22: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2018
Fulaman198:

You are nothing more than a bigot. You talk about being saved, do yourself a favour. When you wake up each day, ask yourself, are you genuinely/sincerely a good person/human being. Once you do that, we can continue with this discussion. All you have been doing thus far is dodging and avoiding key points.

If this conversation is way above your head in regards to reading comprehension, perhaps you should move along. Stop wasting peoples' time on here. Get it?
arguing with you is a waste of time. You are trying to justify the massacring and extermination being carried out by Fulanis against Nigerian Christian. You come to someone's land, went to his farm and destroy his farm, when he talks, you kill him in his farm or plan an invasion in his community and kill tens, hundreds or thousands. Is there any justifying this? Who invited them to people's villages in the first place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
ehikwe22:
arguing with you is a waste of time. You are trying to justify the massacring and extermination being carried out by Fulanis against Nigerian Christian. You come to someone's land, went to his farm and destroy his farm, when he talks, you kill him in his farm or plan an invasion in his community and kill tens, hundreds or thousands. Is there any justifying this? Who invited them to people's villages in the first place?

Reading comprehension appears to be something you lack, am I right? Let me reiterate what I said for the 'nth' time.

I oppose murder, it's never an excusable act, however most murders if you run a human psychoanalysis, is a result of cause or effect. Meaning that something terrible has to occur before someone retaliates. Whether it's murder of Fulani herdsmen or their livestock (yeah a lot of this happens, but since our media is controlled by Southerners in some parts of the country, the news is often distorted). The news in different parts of the country paints a different picture, that is why only a simpleton would only believe one source.

Point being is that if you are not there, do not comment on something you do not know about. It depicts a naive and bigoted character on your behalf.

Also, this entire thread, you have displayed a very rotten and evil character of religious and ethnic bigotry. I don't know how you are in real life, but one can assume the way people are online is who they truly are as they can hide behind a computer, VB smartphone or tablet.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by ehikwe22: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
Fulaman198:

Reading comprehension appears to be something you lack, am I right? Let me reiterate what I said for the 'nth' time.

I oppose murder, it's never an excusable act, however most murders if you run a human psychoanalysis, is a result of cause or effect. Meaning that something terrible has to occur before someone retaliates. Whether it's murder of Fulani herdsmen or their livestock (yeah a lot of this happens, but since our media is controlled by Southerners in some parts of the country, the news is often distorted). The news in different parts of the country paints a different picture, that is why only a simpleton would only believe one source.

Point being is that if you are not there, do not comment on something you do not know about. It depicts a naive and bigoted character on your behalf.

Also, this entire thread, you have displayed a very rotten and evil character of religious and ethnic bigotry. I don't know how you are in real life, but one can assume the way people are online who they truly are as they can hide behind a computer, VB smartphone or tablet.
You are an evil bigot to assume that because "in every murder, there must be causes and effects " hence Fulani herdsmen were attacked first. Your nepotism and bigotry has blinded you that you don't try to reason and think clearly about the scenario. In the cases of Fulani massacres, who's always the aggressor? What could have the helpless farmers possibly done to provoke the farmers first? Check the scenario. Someone is in his farm, you take your cattles to his farm and destroy everything. And fortunately, he caught you destroying his farm and had a hot exchange of words with you because he couldn't have possibly attacked armed herdsmen. The next thing is to murder him and any other person you see in the vicinity. Sometimes, there's no even any altercation before they murder people. Even if your brain is screwed upside down, why can't you try and borrow some sense? Fulani herdsmen are the aggressors and attackers, but assuming everybody attack them, don't your brain tell you they must be doing something real evil? Ain't you seeing the news of people's farms getting damaged? Not talking about the murders now. Olu False's, Wole Soyinka's and so many other people's? Are you special kind of stupid to be supporting planned extermination and ethnic cleansing? OK. I'm not surprised. You're Fulani

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
ehikwe22:
You are an evil bigot to assume that because "in every murder, there must be causes and effects " hence Fulani herdsmen were attacked first. Your nepotism and bigotry has blinded you that you don't try to reason and think clearly about the scenario. In the cases of Fulani massacres, who's always the aggressor? What could have the helpless farmers possibly done to provoke the farmers first? Check the scenario. Someone is in his farm, you take your cattles to his farm and destroy everything. And fortunately, he caught you destroying his farm and had a hot exchange of words with you because he couldn't have possibly attacked armed herdsmen. The next thing is to murder him and any other person you see in the vicinity. Sometimes, there's no even any altercation before they murder people. Even if your brain is screwed upside down, why can't you try and borrow some sense? Fulani herdsmen are the aggressors and attackers, but assuming everybody attack them, don't your brain tell you they must be doing something real evil? Ain't you seeing the news of people's farms getting damaged? Not talking about the murders now. Olu False's, Wole Soyinka's and so many other people's? Are you special kind of stupid to be supporting planned extermination and ethnic cleansing? OK. I'm not surprised. You're Fulani

I am done with you, if all you can see is my ethnicity, then you prove my point of being a bigot.

I am here discussing science and realism with you, and you are here discussing "Fulani this, Fulani that". You truly are nothing more than an uneducated bigot.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Konquest: 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
PAGAN9JA:
Yes the thread many of you have been waiting for. I will now be posting about the REAL, Untouched Hausa peoples i.e., my people. cool

^^^^^^
grin...beautiful history!
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by GoddessQueen: 6:42am On Feb 17, 2018
@pagan9ja I am a Black American who recently discovered that my mDNA traces back to the the Fula people. I found one of your posts while trying to learn more about ancient Fulani religious beliefs and customs and wanted to connect with you to see if you could point me to resources that would help my exploration.

I apologize that this is off topic. I am brand new to this forum and don't really understand how to send a private message, or if this platform even allows for that.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 12, 2018
GoddessQueen:
@pagan9ja I am a Black American who recently discovered that my mDNA traces back to the the Fula people. I found one of your posts while trying to learn more about ancient Fulani religious beliefs and customs and wanted to connect with you to see if you could point me to resources that would help my exploration.

I apologize that this is off topic. I am brand new to this forum and don't really understand how to send a private message, or if this platform even allows for that.

Fulaman198
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by JikanBaura(m): 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
GoddessQueen:

Pagan Naija is a fraud and knows nothing about Fulani people.... He is not fulani and his knowledge about them is 1% , if you really want to know about Fulani find a true fulani son or daughter, this pagan has nothing to offer because he knows zero , again the guy number enemies are fulani grin your people grin

He is a pagan smiley and pagans wherever they are in West Africa they they don't even want to hear the name Fulani cheesy due it's synonyms to Islam (Religion of peace) smiley

Be proud ... Your fulani people are the must honest, bravest ,Funny, intelligent people in Africa

Only after Hausa cheesy my ( cool My tribe) beautiful you be
extra cautious on this forum only we Hausa are fulani true lovers kiss only known pagan hausa i supposed to say grin
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 6:58am On Mar 25, 2018
GoddessQueen:

Hello, it's great to see an American take a test and find out that she's Fulani. I would like to welcome you to the community, mi salmini ma Pullo debbo! Nairaland o noddi ma!
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Ozouno1: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
Both Hausa and Fulani language and culture are connected to ancient Kemet.
Which predates Arabian Islam

In fact Islam is simply a word meaning submission to a path or order. In
Igbo you have the words usoro, ozo, Eze,
Kemet Asar, Aset, Shu
Luo Osir.
Hausa Sarki,
Yoruba Ashe, Eshu, Osun

Islam comes from Christianity and Christianity comes from East and Central African science, language and culture that went into Arabia and came back to fight the indigenous people for control over their resources.
It doesn't matter.
Most people in the Americas have advanced research tools to study language culture and science and history.
They are studying that African sciences are the original form.

When they come back to help develop Africa of course they will research Hausa and Fulani traditions and find the connections.

That's why the terrorist group called Boko Haram terrorizes the northerners and kidnaps children. They are being paid by evil anti Black forces to keep them from developing a higher knowledge of self and history and language.

Wasn't it muammar Gaddafi who said Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani were Arabs and Nigeria should split in two to preserve islam? Not to help Them develop. The man who funded multiple coups in Africa and his kin are kidnapping People to slavery. People like him fund these terrorists groups to stop Black Muslims from researching their history and language.

Facts.

The most dangerous black man/woman is one with multiple dictionaries because he/she can compare the languages and find Black languages and people are related.
This is the future of Africa.

We already have Hausa and Fulani language research groups so it is only a matter of time before they start comparing languages and sharing this information with mainstream.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fundamentalist: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Its good news that yan bori, maguzawas and yan tauri are accepting Islam in large numbers cool cool

I would be posting pictures if possible and the names of their villages

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Ozouno1: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
Fundamentalist:
Its good news that yan bori, maguzawas and yan tauri are accepting Islam in large numbers cool cool

I would be posting pictures if possible and the names of their villages

How does that help black people or protect them from Boko Haram? Wasn't their a united Muslim military in the Quran? Where is the Muslim army to protect the Black Muslim children being kidnapped?

Emphasis on Black.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fundamentalist: 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
Ozouno1:

How does that help black people or protect them from Boko Haram? Wasn't their a united Muslim military in the Quran? Where is the Muslim army to protect the Black Muslim children being kidnapped?

Emphasis on Black.

What is this one saying
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by anonymous132: 6:45am On Apr 13, 2021
PAGAN9JA:
yes the thread many of you have been waiting for. I will now be posting about the REAL, Untouched Hausa peoples i.e., my people. cool

i might be years late to this but bro hausas have a beautiful culture, I wish the yorubas and hausas can unite. The two tribes can do so many good things together. Hausas with their creative thinking and yorubas with intellectual and strategic thinking, if they united nigeria will prosper. InshAllah, I will marry a fellow Muslim lady from the north.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
anonymous132:

i might be years late to this but bro hausas have a beautiful culture, I wish the yorubas and hausas can unite. The two tribes can do so many good things together. Hausas with their creative thinking and yorubas with intellectual and strategic thinking, if they united nigeria will prosper. InshAllah, I will marry a fellow Muslim lady from the north. Also bro, I have a question about a surname called Sunmola. I feel my ancestors migrated from the north to south west, my great-grandfather and grandfather both look like hausas.

We used to have a beautiful culture and artforms but islam and fulani have destroyed most of it.

I don't know much about that surname. Many Yoruba muslims try to claim lineage from us due to inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Dupamecano: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
PAGAN9JA:

We used to have a beautiful culture and artforms but islam and fulani have destroyed most of it.

I don't know much about that surname. Many Yoruba muslims try to claim lineage from us due to inferiority complex.

Lol. Reading through your thread is clear you're not a hausa man but a "bamaguje". Heres why this distinction is important, your people, the people of barbushe, the maguzawa, existed before the coming of the hausa people. If you follow the history of kano, the hausa identity, which is not a single ethnic group was founded with the hausa states which was founded by muslims. Focusing on kano, Daud, known as bagauda the first king of kano and his descendants all fought against paganism until his great grandson Ali Yaji established Islam in Kano in the 14th century, Islam was established in most hausa states around the same time. This is the genesis of the hausa identity, a group of various sahelian people who eventually assimilated into a culture and identity perfected by muslims.

The maguzawa on the other hand, your people are exactly what their name says, "guzawa" because they never really fit into this identity and all historical texts refer to them as a separate entity. To call yourself a hausa man and to reject its Islamic roots is an oxymoron of sorts.

You are free to call your thread the real maguzawa because the real hausas don't reject their history or identity. A real hausa man still knows our culture is still unique and beatiful, still the most influencial in the region. A real hausa man doesn't malign the fulbe or any sahelian ethnic group because we know we are a diverse people who've always welcomed all and expect the same in our long distance trading "fatauci". At the end of the day if the jihad is your gripe, I hope you know these expelled hausa kings were muslims, today sarkin daura is a devout Muslim, so is sarkin zazzau suleja, so is sarkin kano maradi (current leader of the kutumbi dynasty) and sarkin katsina maradi (his counterpart in katsina). Im sure theyll all reject you if you try to associate with them.

Be proud of your maguzawa heritage, nothing wrong with that. But please dont bring us into your divisive rhetorics. Hausas are not maguzawas, and maguzawas are not hausas. Stay on your lane. Stop forcing yourselves on people who have and want nothing to do with you.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by lifeisgood12: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
PAGAN9JA:

the fulanis saved you lol, hausas were practicing shirk alongside Islam which is a major sin. Usman dan fodio eliminated all of that plus you guys are just slaves now, fulanis have taken your ruler role, nothing like hausa emir grin . Both tribes have mixed so bad that many think you are one cheesy, they don't even know full blooded hausas exist again. Keep mixing with the fulanis, you'll soon eliminate the full blooded hausas, only mixed breeds will exist grin. Fulanis conquered your people, some of your people fought against their own brothers and eliminated the hausa leaders, that's sad bro. You and igbo can not even become presidents smiley, the yorubas and fulanis seem to be the rulers of nigeria

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Dupamecano: 12:00am On Apr 14, 2021
lifeisgood12:

the fulanis saved you lol, hausas were practicing shirk alongside Islam which is a major sin. Usman dan fodio eliminated all of that plus you guys are just slaves now, fulanis have taken your ruler role, nothing like hausa emir grin . Both tribes have mixed so bad that many think you are one cheesy, they don't even know full blooded hausas exist again. Keep mixing with the fulanis, you'll soon eliminate the full blooded hausas, only mixed breeds will exist grin. Fulanis conquered your people, some of your people fought against their own brothers and eliminated the hausa leaders, that's sad bro. You and igbo can not even become presidents smiley, the yorubas and fulanis seem to be the rulers of nigeria

cheesy cheesy
Emir of Daura where your president is from is hausa, so is the emir of argungu, Ningi, Suleja. etc. Hausas are the most powerful ethnic group in Niger Republic and like it or not, the most influential in Nigeria. No one moves the needle like we do. We are the largest ethnic group in the continent and our language is the most spoken indigenous language in the continent. The hausas also produce the most prominent business men in the continent from Dangote to BUA and everyone in between, which has always been our occupation. Our influence is undeniable. So yes we will continue mixing with fulanis and other sahelian groups, our brothers like we always have. Nothing has exalted our people more than that. And BTW both IBB and Abdulsalam according to their books are of hausa descent from Kano. Like i said, we are a well travelled people and our diversity is our strength.

Keep crying my dude, your divisive tactics won't work. We know who we are, we are not cry babies like you always playing the victim. Collectively, the hausa race is not in the same league with you or anyone other ethnic group in the continent as far as the things we've accomplished and continue to accomplish throughout our history. It seems the unity between hausas and fulanis is really an albatross around some peoples necks. grin

100 years later, this quote from lady flora shaw still rings the same.

The Haussa and the Songhay are other races which, though black, are absolutely distinct from the pure negro type. The Haussa is wholly black, but not negroid in type. He has not the smooth hair of the Songhay, but in other respects he has frequently a cast of countenance scarcely less Aryan in type, and in his peculiar and strongly marked characteristics he is universally recognized as ranking among the most interesting of the peoples of the Soudan. Their populations, which have never enjoyed any wide foreign reputation, were perhaps locally, in their modest way, the best known and the best informed of all the peoples of the Soudan. They were very numerous, and in their recognised capacity of travelling traders through all the states, their language was one of the most widely spoken in the Soudan. By the end of the sixteenth century it supplied to the eastern portion of the country a lingua franca, which to the present day remains as a means of communication with those "great multitudes of negroes and of other people," of whom Leo Africanus confesses in the beginning of the sixteenth century, that he " could not well note the names." Travelling as they did in small trading caravans through the entire country, they became naturally acquainted with the affairs of every neighbouring kingdom. They were themselves well known from the shores of the Atlantic to the lip of the sacred well of Zem-Zem, where they drank as pilgrims within the precincts of the temple of Mecca — and as peace was essential to their trade, they quarrelled only with next-door neighbours and rivals. Peaceful abroad and quarrelsome at home, they earned the character, which they enjoy to-day, of being at once the best fighters and the most industrious traders of the Soudan.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by lifeisgood12: 1:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Dupamecano:

cheesy cheesy
Emir of Daura where your president is from is hausa, so is the emir of argungu, Ningi, Suleja. etc. Hausas are the most powerful ethnic group in Niger Republic and like it or not, the most influential in Nigeria. No one moves the needle like we do. We are the largest ethnic group in the continent and our language is the most spoken indigenous language in the continent. The hausas also produce the most prominent business men in the continent from Dangote to BUA and everyone in between, which has always been our occupation. Our influence is undeniable. So yes we will continue mixing with fulanis and other sahelian groups, our brothers like we always have. Nothing has exalted our people more than that. And BTW both IBB and Abdulsalam according to their books are of hausa descent from Kano. Like i said, we are a well travelled people and our diversity is our strength.

Keep crying my dude, your divisive tactics won't work. We know who we are, we are not cry babies like you always playing the victim. Collectively, the hausa race is not in the same league with you or anyone other ethnic group in the continent as far as the things we've accomplished and continue to accomplish throughout our history. It seems the unity between hausas and fulanis is really an albatross around some peoples necks. grin

100 years later, this quote from lady flora shaw still rings the same.

the largest ethnic group in Africa is berbers lol grin lol do you think the hausa population is that much. most of the people grouped under hausa are other tribes. keep your fulani brother lol, grin that's y you cant be president. my guy just said hausas are different from the negro race, to the eyes of other wide nose and dark skin is seen as negro no matter how influential you are. the only people that arent seen as negros are the cushitic people and tutsis

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Dupamecano: 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
lifeisgood12:

the largest ethnic group in Africa is berbers lol grin lol do you think the hausa population is that much. most of the people grouped under hausa are other tribes. keep your fulani brother lol, grin that's y you cant be president. my guy just said hausas are different from the negro race, to the eyes of other wide nose and dark skin is seen as negro no matter how influential you are. the only people that arent seen as negros are the cushitic people and tutsis

Lol Nope, go and look it up, hausas in Nigeria alone given 30% of the population minus fulanis number over 60 million, then add 55 percent of Nigeriens which totals over 11 million, thats 70 million in those two countries alone, above the berber population. And even if by some estimates berbers outnumber hausas, that still makes us the largest subsaharan group in the continent, the largest black block in the world.

Like I said, both Abdulsalam and IBB are of hausa descent. And in truth, hausa people have never cared about becoming president, thats why ethnic northern minorities can be propelled to presidency by hausa support without prejudice because our diverse nature allows us to accept anyone who fits into our culture.

As for that quote, I didnt write it, its from Flora Shaws book and you miss the point, its not about being black or not which we obviously are, its about the other observations she made about the priority of the hausa nation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.