Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! (1389 Views)

Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC / Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by savesoul(m): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2007
I tried using my ATM today and i didn't get my cash, it told me "Financial Institution not available", before i could say "jack", they sent me a Text message, informing me of my Withdrawal. Imagine!!!, This the 7th time this is Happening to me, Why? embarassed
I am sure Many Nairalanders who used their Intercontinental ATM card would have had the same problem.
Help me Beg them to refund my money (20,000) or else, i will deal with their staffs in any branch nearest to me angry
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by SweetT1: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Savesoul

Bro'. It looked like you 've been jacked. I hope those ATM has a surveillance video monitor to help you prove your case if not, then you have just given your bank a gift of N20K. Nigeria and copy cat mentality. These banks has introduced the ATM to Nigerians and they don't even know how to operate an ATM. They think it's that easy to operate an ATM machine. Bad boys in TEXAS are using big trucks to knock down the whole ATM and take the machine to their house and empty the whole cash inside. Nigerian banks will soon give up on the idea of ATM.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by kingzy(m): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2007
Guy, I can't remember where I kept my intercontinental ATM card after having two terrible experiences with it. Ist, I was rushing not to meet my flight from lagos to PH and there was no intercont bank around my place so I decided to use zenith ATM since they said u can use the ATM interchangeably once the other bank is using interswitch. Immediately I inserted my ATM card the machine swallowed it. It took me not less than 2hrs to get my ATM card. 2ndly, I went to UNIPORT branch of intercont to use my ATM card and after inserting and some grammer there was no cash. I tried to no avail. I checked my balance and 20,000 has been deducted. It took me two good months to get the money reversed after series of letters follow up letters and intervention of a staff from another branch. I was keen on getting the money because it was up to 20,000. If it was less than 5,000 I woudn't have gone thru that rigorous process of getting the money back. After that day I vowed not to use the machine again.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by otokx(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2007
I have learnt to use my Intercontinental ATM card only at their Head Quarters to avoid problem but its sad.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by babasin(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2007
I have learnt to use my Intercontinental ATM card only at their Head Quarters to avoid problem but its sad.

well whats purpose of ATM if you only sure it will work OK in the HQ?
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by BabsO2(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2007
I used to have the equity bank ATM card (now merged and know as intercontinental). It was purely an ATM account then. By the time I drew most of the money I had, I was adviced I still had more money in the account. This made me worried that they will be suffering losses if this happens to crooks. Till now I'm adviced I still have a balance with them but I have ignored them. Perhaps from losses of the past they have swung to gains now by their system preferrentially logging money has been collected even when it hasn't as a result of IT network instability? Thus it is no use reactivating the account for use as things are no better !
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by babasin(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2007
I used to have the equity bank ATM card (now merged and know as intercontinental). It was purely an ATM account then. By the time I drew most of the money I had, I was adviced I still had more money in the account.

Nigerian banks indeed. Like Government Like Private Sector.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by N4s1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2007
I feel ashamed reading this thread, why can't you be a gentle and an educated man for once?
Electronics do mal function. it has happened to me several times, all you have to do is go to your bank and tell them gently, they will ask u to fill a form and if the bank that owns the ATM is same bank u use, ur money will be refunded within 24-48hrs if not, it may take 7days.

You do not need to shout or a surveillance camera, they have log of all ATM activities.

Think before u act.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by rufaai(m): 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2007
Huh! shocked

Kindly report to your operating branch, where you collected the ATM Card. Complain to them, I guess they would be the best solution because they issued the card.

Sorry about this, I wish you an easy refund,
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by poopooboy: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2007
Hi guys, please note that whenever your ATM card gives such problem ( i.e withdrawal without dispensing cash) follow up with the branch where the ATM is situated. Within the ATM, there is a journal that records all transactions undertaken by a card holder, be it withdrawal,change of pin, a/c enquiries etc

Branches are in the best position to treat such complains. So, follow up with them. Resist the temptation of losing your money to the bank.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! by babasin(m): 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2007
ERASTUS AKINGBOLA, Inter-Continental Bank MD Bizarre AMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

Last View on Sun 30th December, 2007
Last Modified on Sat 29th December, 2007 12:45:18 am
Author: Posted by Admin Letters

Sent: Thu 12/27/2007 9:34 AM
To: All Intercontinental Bank Employees
Cc: Executive Management
Subject: AMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

TO: ALL STAFF

SUBJECT: AMMENDMENT TO POLICY ON DEPOSIT MOBILIZATION

DATE: 24RD DECEMBER, 2007

A review of the total deposit position of the Bank month on month reveals that the Bank is running short of its planned monthly deposit target.

The negative variance in our deposit position is attributed to the fact that staff are not marketing our various deposit liability products and thus not meeting their targets. In addition, some account officers do not exert proper relationship management skills with their customers. As such, most accounts under their management do not witness any activity for months and some become dormant after six (6) months.

To engender a consistent and sustainable growth in our bank wide deposit position, the following will now apply effective January 2, 2007:

v For every month that staff (service or marketing ) does not achieve up to 60% of monthly deposit target, staff will be debited as follows:

1st Month: N5, 000.00 (marketer); N2, 500.00(service staff)

2nd Month N10, 000.00 ,, ; N5, 000.00 ,,

3rd Month N15, 000.00 ,, ; N7, 500.00 ,,

Thereafter, staff will be sent on suspension.

v Any non-borrowing current account that records no activity in a month, the account officer(marketing officer) will be debited N1, 000.00 (One Thousand naira only) per a/c

v If the a/c is not tagged to an a/c officer, the Branch head / GE will be debited as appropriate

v For Dormant accounts the following will apply: Marketing officer that allows an a/c being managed by him/her to go dormant will be debited N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) monthly until the account is re-activated.

v If the a/c is not tagged to an a/c officer, the Branch head / GE will be debited as appropriate, except in cases where it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that the customer cannot be remarketed.e.g Death, relocation etc.

v For regions where more than 50% of staff are sanctioned on deposit related matters, the RBEs will each be debited N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) monthly.

v After the 3 rd month, the RCEs will be debited N20, 000.00 (Twenty Thousand naira only).

Please be guided

ERASTUS B. O. AKINGBOLA

this explains why instead of using 'QUALITY SERVICE' to attract deposits, they use PROSTITUTION.

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Gsm Short Code Sms Cool Cash Business With A Token Money. / PHCN Gave Me Bill After Cutting My Light / Investors Wanted In Abuja (gold Mining)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.