Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,325 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

I Am Tired Of NEPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Tired Of NEPA (7268 Views)

“even If Buhari Presents NEPA Bill As Certificate, I Will Vote For Him” –ikpeba / Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" / N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of NEPA by lumideezle(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hello everyone, i don't know about u but i am tired of staying in the dark, i am tired of power continously being interupted expecially when u need it the most. i am sick of having to eat my dinner in the dark or in dim lights, and most importantly i am tired of wanting to come online and not being able to because NEPA says so.

i have always blamed everybody from the govt, for not doing a good job, to my family for not fueling the generator, the school for not even having a generator at all, and so on. but yest when there was blackout again n as usual i started blaming everybody something kept on ringing in my head which was"what can i do to make this situation change ones and for all" At that point i realised that i have failed, i have failed my people, i have failed my country i have failed even the leaders i blame so much, and most importantly i have failed myself. i say this because i am a a 300l student in the faculty of science and technology and i have refused to utilise my God given talents to change my surronding. even if i don't suceed, i should know that i have tried, and one day i would be remembered for trying to gear a change.

For heavens sake why re we in school, why bother to go to school at all if you can't empower a change, why go through all the reading,the flogging, the stress of thinking of one assigment or the other,,,,, the whole thing just dosent make sense to me any more. think about it, we have ALL failed(talking about the young people of this nation)we have refused to solve our problems, we have continously passed the blame around. im talking to you, yes you! mr"i graduated with a two1 engenierring" yea right! and what a great engineer you have been.u have not been abel to look into the very problem that toments u day and night, you have not been able to fight the physical problem u have yet u pray to cast out demons everyday. even the spritual rem laughs at us. i am talking to everyone that is or has seen the four walls of a university

look u all i am not here to start another debate but all i want us to do is to profer PRACTICAL solutions about the power problem we have in this country i am not guranteeing us sucess, the govement might not listen to us people, might even fighs us for making moves, but my joy would come from one thing and that would b the fact that I TRIED.and we would all be remembered for stamping out foot down to say "Nomore, we want a change" we deserve a change.

i am calling out to who ever knows how it is done in other countries, tell us. WE can do this. heros are just normal people who decided they deserved better than they weregetting and fought for that which they wanted.our repies can b sent to the president himself and everyone who is a stake holder in this bizness.we can make them listen to us.we just have to get ourselves into one voice not complaining this time but proffering solutions.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Seun(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2007
Calm down. All you need is an inverter. You can get one for between 14,000 naira and 30,000 naira. You might also want to get a 650Va generator for about 15,000 naira and buy fuel when you need the power. If all you need is light, use rechargeable lamps and candles. Good luck. You're not the only one facing this problem, so calm down my man. When you work hard and have lots of money, you can begin to change things. For now, just use a generator or inverter.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2007
lumideezle:

i am calling out to who ever knows how it is done in other countries, tell us.

Very easy, the people pay their taxes as at when due and their leaders do not take it all and hide in foreign bank accounts.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2007
@post
am tired too. . .imagine i try to call my sister in naija, and it won't work for a week. then she called me and said no light to recharge battery. what kind of BS electricity power does nigeria run. . .am sick of them sef, and am not even there to feel the fullblown NEPA behavior. i don't know how you guys take it. . . angry
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Busta(f): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2007
davidylan:

Very easy, the people pay their taxes as at when due and their leaders do not take it all and hide in foreign bank accounts.

lol
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by seun001(m): 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Seun u have definatley outdone urself on this one------he should calm down?waaaaaat!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,i need to roll on the floor for this one
and by the way,it's now called PHCN.

sebi there are so many power projects being mouthed by so many peeps.this US company is investing $billions in the nigerian power project.that chinese company will generate so and so by year woteva, so my guy do as Seun has said and cool down hmmm!mayb by the time the headlines rot in the archives we'll have regular power supply.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by bocin500(m): 8:02pm On Dec 27, 2007
men as for me, i think the gre3atest enemy we have right now is GREED on the part of every mahor player.example, i used to know this that graduated from a polytechnic in naija,guess what?he joined almighty NEPA, n even then his aged mother tot he had gone ballards.that was in '97.by '98,he had aquired bout 4 cars.of cos u guessed rightly,he never went to work in any of them cars(can u beat that).i also heard of a story by a friends father that recently retired after years of active service from almighty NEPA,guess what he said?he told me that a certain ex general that wanted so badly for our crippled power broker to b sold to him for peanuts,had to send up some agevts to go up to those (wqhatever they are called)i am talking bout those giant structures that carry high rising wires across seas and even wide rivers (ehen u know know what i a, talking bout) any ways he actually pay people (the nsame NEPA officials) to go up there and do damage.after these u hear that NEPA "would be effecting repairs on some hihg whatever therefor there would be power outages in bout 7 different states of the federation".i mean a state of emergency should be declarred.shikena.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by lawmanUK(m): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2007
Nigeria need to decentralise, and devolve political powers.

each component will then have strong sense of belonging,

then there willb d urge to develop 'our thing' at individually levels without d fear of abuja interferring.

this structure will b +ve trigger for all other potentials.

any doubt?
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by EmekaNaija(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2007
First and foremost NEPA [/b]is now called [b]PHCN (Problem Has Changed Name)

The problem with NEPA is simply a problem of corruption. NEPA/PHCN is so much bitten by the Nigerian bug that Late Bola Ige couldnt do anything as power minister. To cure this corruption in NEPA i think Nigerians should use community effort as used in security vigilante. Every neighbourhood should get their own solution to power problem. Some can opt for wind power, others coal, others firewood or even car batteries. Ultimately corruption should be made a capital offence punishable by firing squad.
We should not see power as government responsibility. We should be braced up to pay for what we consume. How can NEPA function well when a duplex pays like N2000 in power bill per month whereas the lowest bill i ever received in my two bedroom apartment is $80. Mind you, i rarely use the airconditioner except June/July which is the hottest period.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Poster, You are right to realize that you and we all have failed the country and that we no longer have the right to blame NEPA or the government for the problems in Nigeria. We ourselves have so far, not done much for self.

I would say you should look into wind and solar technology for the solution to the problem in Nigeria. Since you are into Science and technology, it would be great if you and a couple of others could work on solutions for individuals while we wait for the government and leadership to learn to do things right.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Ndipe(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2007
NEPA is a disappointment.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by amsky(m): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2007
am so sorry to know this is going on in my sweet country 9ja.just take it easy okay.i cant remember the last time i experienced darkness without turning out the lights myself.
it will be okay.just chill alright.seun has given a good suggestion.

all the best,may the GOOD LORD help our beloved home land
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by dreadeyez(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
even their so called recharge metal doesn't help keeping light!
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by mrpataki(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2007
Start looking for means to generate your own electricity. There are countless materials on the internet that you an read to know how to generate your own power consumption.

Relying on a failed system is frustration on its own.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2007
Just buy an automatic generator.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by xammy(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2007
have u paid your NEPA bill? after all u have spent million dis season. think
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by blasterman(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2007
My brother u not far from the point, maybe if u are given the chance u can do it.

NEPA needs someone who is hungry to make history.Someone who is ready to take the bull by the horn and stop this disgrace.
I believe the problem is willpower or are we saying nigerians are dumb or maybe our educational system does not make us to be problem solvers.

Every year we have the same problems we had the same year .It is like we are repeating  development 101 class.

The only solution i can think of that can make NEPA buckle up is if it has competition like MTN ,Glo and Celtel  has

The sad part is that we have ABUNDANT energy sources.

From Coal to Gas to Water

All this energy sources can run turbines

Some countries convert coal to gas to run there turbines

If u read this article you go nearly rundown

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=98605
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by niceuzor: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2007
I can see that POWER HOLDING are still HOLDING electricity in NIGERIA.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by ernal(m): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2007
my dear sorry o,just dont loose it yet, na those so called govt and those way dey sabotage the power,we hear so muuch money being pumped into it and once the news circulate,them the money back,a million Generators wont fix nothing,we have to get real,even malawi light no dey blink for there, let someonen really tell us why Nija no fit get power supply, No be Nigerian Government be player,be referee and game commisioner at the same time.Well make we just pray God do something,he don pass physical eye level.Compliments!!!
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by wendymanda: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
I say everyone should boycott NEPA/PHCN . WHat's the use of having electricity that is on less often than moonlight.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by vigasimple(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2007
Unfortunately, SEUN got his sum wrong on this one.

Look the issue is power for everyone not inverter and generator which any daft person with money can get and we all make silly noise like we all live in an industrial area day and night. fumes, noise, petrol problem etc.

The solution the poster propably has in mind and the majority of nigerians is light everywhere without noise, fumes, polution, petrol or generator etc. like in other good countries of the world.

OUR GOVERNMENT  is the major problem THERE IS NO WILLPOWER. take for example El- Rufai in the FCT, he has a willpower in face of dangerous opposition, now aren't we all proud of what the capital city look like.

Now the issue so simple a 10 years old can understand and fix it. It is no more than buying your generator and put petrol in it and get it started, off you go.

Go to    www.nigeriansforsuperenergy.com  to see for yourself.

Let me restate in a simple manner.  we are a country of 140million people and

we would need at a good working level  50,000MW  50K (we currently have 3,000MW-3k) so just about 6% of what we need at a good working level we have presently (and sometimes in January 2007 it went down to just less than 3%) that is the problem, you cannot even light a candle from that.

Our major competitors or country that we can compare ourselves with- Brazil 188Million people- they have 90,000MW, S.Africa less than 50million people they have over 40,000MW so can you see the state of the problem

SOLUTIONS.

minimum 50,000 ( optimum level 75,000 (we can do less than 50,000MW with good energy conservation but GSM experience have taught us that it is not a good way to go).

GSM work on a limited basis (with all these network problem- for the fact that it is underestimated of the true required capacity) and because there are only 4 major players, if we have 25players like the banks the we would have a true market and competitive enviromnet.

COSTS:

$50BILLION

FUNDING:

GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP OVER 4 YEARS - THE NEW POWER COMPANIES WILL SIMPLY RUN ON A STRICT PRIVATE BUSINESS BASIS (AS IN A PLC)

AND ADDITIONAL 25,000MW OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS

FORMULA:

TO BUILD IN EVERY LOCAL GOVERNMENT 65Megawatt substation in the 774 local govt in Nigeria from hydro, Gas. coal,solar, wind, nuclear depending on the local available source nearest to each local authority.

OPPOSITION:

1. Business politicians

2. oil dealers

3. generator dealers

4. cabals  ( read Yar Adua comment via Olusegun Adeniyi PUNCH 9th December 2007)

5. chaos plc

6. anti-good Nigeria plc

7. Senior 419 group plc

Even with all this people, it is still more than doable but we have to put away politics and profits as in everything in Nigeria. Opportunist and selfish people are not needed.

Visit  www.nigeriansforsuperenergy.com   and see for yourself
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by 9ja4eva: 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2007
NEPA no dey ever grow up
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by mendax: 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2007
my solution:
leave the country if u can!
if u can't, hold onto what d former minister of power said: nigeria would have stable power supply by the year 2050[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]cheers!!
once again i fervently urge u 2 read d link in blasterman's post

Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by bjluv: 7:56am On Dec 28, 2007
competition is needed!!!
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by babasin(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2007
if you are really TIRED OF NEPA, you will be in OTA & ABEOKUTA now demanding that IYABO & her FATHER be fully and openly probed.

Since 2000, OBJ invested $2billion on NEPA, nothing came out.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by ndubest(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2007
@mendax
running away from a problem is never and will never be the solution
its just like a man who got himself drunk to forget his problem
when he comes backs to his senses, the problem will still be there waiting for him

this is a clarion call for all engineers in the house, START THINKING
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by FBS: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2007
NEPA/PHCN may never survive as long as we import those stupid noise making air polluters called GENERATOR!!!
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by jmichael90: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2007
Seun has proffered the best solution for the poster.How manytimes are we going to talk about Electricity on this forums, even the PHCN themselves know the problem just that no one is ready to do the right things
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by henchmark: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2007
xammy:

have u paid your NEPA bill? after all u have spent million this season. think
does MTN/CELTEL/GLO come demanding payments from their subscribers?

mendax:

my solution:
leave the country if u can!
if u can't, hold onto what d former minister of power said: nigeria would have stable power supply by the year 2050[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]cheers!!
once again i fervently urge you to read d link in blasterman's post

thats a cowardly statement, we all should be out of the country then.

the IMF( INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND) has said the $billons the country realises from whatever is not seen in the economy.

the root problem is : CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!

we are all of us including you, you and you corrupt
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by jmichael90: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2007
Seun has proffered the best solution for the poster.How manytimes are we going to talk about Electricity on this forums, even the PHCN themselves know the solution to the problem just that no one is ready to do the right thing
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by sickyria(m): 11:04am On Dec 28, 2007
Thats why Efcc is probing Obasanjo Bello, lets hope they get to the root of the matter.
Re: I Am Tired Of NEPA by babasin(m): 11:10am On Dec 28, 2007
we are all of us including you, you and you corrupt

may be you are but surely not ME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Restates Conditions For Peace / Why Are SE Politicians Silent While Northerners Arm-twist Jonathan? / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.