Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME (12275 Views)

60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta / 2014 Oau Post-utme Screening Results Released / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by gramci: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
He was once a wheelbarrow pusher, bus conductor and tout. His shelter was under the bridge. Education for him seemed far-fetched, Uche Okwuoha, now a Law student at the Obafemi Awolowo University narrates how his life began to take a meaningful shape, Motunrayo Aboderin writes

Uche Okwuoha, an indigene of Imo State, scored the highest mark in the Obafemi Awolowo post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in the 2010/2011 academic session. He had the highest score of 320 (out of 400) and he is presently a Law student in the institution’s Faculty of Law. But Okwuoha’s journey to stardom was one filled with pain and hardship.

The 27-year-old young man who was once a street boy said at the time he was leaving his secondary school at Okigwe, Imo State, his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.

Now, Okwuoha said he is a changed man. In his words, “Life has dealt with me; the only thing left in me is hope for a brighter tomorrow.”

http://www.punchng.com/education/i-was-once-a-wheelbarrow-pusher-bus-conductor-best-oau-post-utme-candidate/

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by onilaiscools: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
awwwwwwwwwwww smiley
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Gbexy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
hmmmmmm...........dat's touchin mind u, assuming he didn't suffered lyk dat, God knws d numba of pple he would av killed if he was admitted into d univ earlier!
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Chidex2442(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
wheel barrow pusher? Which tym does he use in reading? Or is his brain in-build wt knowledge?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Exponental(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
Just thinking aloud.........he has/had xtics of BH.
"kill as many people as he could"?
I hope someday, these words would not be used against him in d court of law.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Super1759: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
Is OAU a school? Mchewww,anyway congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
gramci:

He was once a wheelbarrow pusher, bus conductor and tout. His shelter was under the bridge. Education for him seemed far-fetched, Uche Okwuoha, now a Law student at the Obafemi Awolowo University narrates how his life began to take a meaningful shape, Motunrayo Aboderin writes

Uche Okwuoha, an indigene of Imo State, scored the highest mark in the Obafemi Awolowo post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in the 2010/2011 academic session. He had the highest score of 320 (out of 400) and he is presently a Law student in the institution’s Faculty of Law. But Okwuoha’s journey to stardom was one filled with pain and hardship.

The 27-year-old young man who was once a street boy said at the time he was leaving his secondary school at Okigwe, Imo State, his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.

Now, Okwuoha said he is a changed man. In his words, “Life has dealt with me; the only thing left in me is hope for a brighter tomorrow.” /
i see, good for him though.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by CeaserB: 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
[size=13pt]Simply Pushing Boundaries.
Who Says A Thug Can't Be A Nerd? cool
[/size]

#ImaginePossibilities

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Jibwillz: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
Chidex2442: wheel barrow pusher? Which tym does he use in reading? Or is his brain in-build wt knowledge?
seconded
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by ifeci: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
He was once a wheelbarrow pusher, bus conductor and tout. His shelter was under the bridge
The 27-year-old young man who was once a street boy said at the time he was leaving his secondary school at Okigwe, Imo State

Which Bridge abeg, I can't seem to find any in IMO state.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by crackhouse(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Good but this ur dream of gaining admission into any university to kill as many as u can, is terrible o. One thing is that OAU is "any" university and the other thing is to "kill as many as u can". Hope u are not gradually actualising ur initial dream o.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by omodapson(m): 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
Congrats. But it's good u're changing ur plans.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.
By the time those capon and Don in university of ife see this, he is already initiated and doomed for life. How can he imagine and say this out? Just watch out, he has already ruined his own career out of curiousity, unless he has a better source of income and good family support.To be come a lawyer no be moimoi.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Another fable to credit the igbo tribe. Lies upon lies. We are not decieved. No be only tout, na Bh. Na tout go fresh like dat for photo. Na under bridge he dey read abi. Mtcheew
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by uceee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
"To join a cult group and kill as many people as possible" what an ambition. Thank God he didn't gain admission then.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by CeaserB: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
Exponental: Just thinking aloud.........he has/had xtics of BH.

A Gangster's Dream: "To Make Life A Living Hell For Other Rival Gangs Or Exterminate Them By Any Means Neccessary. And Of Course Get The Money And The Biitches"

Life Has Different Meanings For All Of Us.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by brownlord: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
So who told him everyone that join cult even hold a gun or kill?, mean while if the story is true, he's just in 100 level, still have 4 more yrs to go, so how does he know he still will not join cult? jonalism in Nigeria now a comedy, you sit down write a story and just publish, so wheel barrow pusher no get brain again abi?, I wonder why this on front page anyway

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Sweetdbest: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
4bobo: his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.
By the time those capon and Don in university of ife see this, he is already initiated and doomed for life. How can he imagine and say this out? Just watch out, he has already ruined his own career out of curiousity, unless he has a better source of income and good family support.To be come a lawyer no be moimoi.

You said it all. He should have waited until he is through with his final year examination b4 telling the world his intentions and this might turn to hunt him in real college life. Let us wait for him to start and to finish/Wish him good luck
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by crackhouse(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
I am damn sure the cult guys are patiently waiting for this guy to finish his school registration first before they will now help him actualise his initial dream cos he have already shown them that he gat some good potentials by saying this. Anyway the Police are watching.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by brownlord: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
4bobo: his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.

Don't tell me you believe that nonsense, so what is even the guarantee that he will not join, just entered and not even tainted campus life, or has his life be insured because he had highest in the exam, Abeg useless story
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by tunjikrown(m): 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Super1759: Is OAU a school? Mchewww,anyway congrats bro
no oo OAU is not a school but a farm. Olodo oponu ...sorry its not a school its a uni. Hish!

5 Likes

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by MMM2(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Congrat smiley
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Ninapha(f): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
Eehya. May God bless Mr Adams and sure parents need to spend more time with our children. Sometimes some unfruitful thoughts wd fill the heart of an adolecent and if no one is there to mar such thoughts, we end up having great minds witout great future. May God's favour keep u thru.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by tonyx4x44(m): 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Exponental: Just thinking aloud.........he has/had xtics of BH.
crucify him!
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by tpia5: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.

i hope these universities are on the lookout for cultists and their recruits, and have measures in place as per security?

maybe they also need to conduct psychological screening exercises as is done overseas.

drug tests too.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by ocelot2006(m): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Wow...kudos to the young man. And I pray the Good Lord continues to bless him.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by tpia5: 3:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
scored the highest mark in the Obafemi Awolowo post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in the 2010/2011 academic session. He had the highest score of 320 (out of 400)

people who are that brilliant do not usually have this kind of mindset:

his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could

something is off, somewhere, imo.

lord have mercy, so much is wrong with nigeria and elsewhere these days.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kayusfity: Another fable to credit the igbo tribe. Lies upon lies. We are not decieved. No be only tout, na Bh. Na tout go fresh like dat for photo. Na under bridge he dey read abi. Mtcheew
another tribal bigot! If the guy was another tribe, you would have been praising him.but because he is igbo you are now spewing trash! Learn to appreciate people no matter their tribe and quit the hate.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by tpia5: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
ocelot2006: Wow...kudos to the young man. And I pray the Good Lord continues to bless him.

i assume you either have no relatives studying with such people, or are a cultist yourself.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
I've used wheelbarrow to carry load before but nobody talked about me. Anyways, congrats to the Nwa Afor
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
berem: another tribal bigot! If the guy was yoruba, you would have been praising him.but because he is igbo you are now spewing trash! Learn to appreciate people no matter their tribe and quit the hate.
and thank God he isn't a yoruba, plus yoruba chaps don't have such devilish intention(s)
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by dabrake(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
Super1759: Is OAU a school? Mchewww,anyway congrats bro
is covenant university a school?

(1) (2) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Postgraduate Aspirants 2017/2018 / How To Improve Your Memory / Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.