Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME (12327 Views)

60-year-old Wheelbarrow Pusher Begins Secondary Education In Delta / 2014 Oau Post-utme Screening Results Released / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by PaulJohn1: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
ifeci:

Which Bridge abeg, I can't seem to find any in IMO state.

grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by tpia5: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
is imo state in the catchment area for OAU?

I dont think it is- he must have moved to a sw state before applying for admission.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by PaulJohn1: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
^^^^

And what are you trying to say? grin grin
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by PaulJohn1: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
dabrake: is covenant university a school?

Covenant to OAU shocked
OAU(Oba Awon University) cool
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Saxophemsy: 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
4bobo: his intention was to gain admission to any university, join a cult group and kill as many people as he could.
By the time those capon and Don in university of ife see this, he is already initiated and doomed for life. How can he imagine and say this out? Just watch out, he has already ruined his own career out of curiousity, unless he has a better source of income and good family support.To be come a lawyer no be moimoi.
u sure say u sabi read? His admision was in 2010/2011, he his a part2 law student.smh
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by uceee(m): 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
gramci:
He was once a wheelbarrow
pusher, bus conductor and
tout. His shelter was under
the bridge. Education for
him seemed far-fetched,
Uche Okwuoha, now a Law
student at the Obafemi
Awolowo University
narrates how his life began
to take a meaningful shape,
Motunrayo Aboderin writes
Uche Okwuoha, an indigene
of Imo State, scored the
highest mark in the Obafemi
Awolowo post Unified
Tertiary Matriculation
Examination in the
2010/2011 academic
session.
He had the highest
score of 320 (out of 400)
and he is presently a Law
student
in the institution’s
Faculty of Law. But
Okwuoha’s journey to
stardom was one filled with
pain and hardship.
The 27-year-old young man
who was once a street boy
said at the time he was
leaving his secondary school
at Okigwe, Imo State, his
intention was to gain
admission to any university,
join a cult group and kill as
many people as he could.
Now, Okwuoha said he is a
changed man. In his words,
“Life has dealt with me; the
only thing left in me is hope
for a brighter tomorrow.”
Come on guys, give the guy a break. He is presently a 200 level law student of OAU. So contrary to what some people insinuate, he's tasted campus life. He has also seen life and had experiences which have divested him of his erroneous ambitions. Most importantly, he is a very bright lad. Therefore, it is my opinion that he is most unlikely to join a cult in the university. He is even too matured to be lured into a cult.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Good to know he's got a change of heart, really...
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by sholay2011(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
Super1759: Is OAU a school? Mchewww,anyway congrats bro
U re a glorified m.o.r.o.n....

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Tunsbobo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
I wonder why this is "news" now! This exam was done july last year; and this guy is in his 2nd year. By the way; he wasn't the highest, he was "joint highest" alongside another igbo guy, who's a nairalander ( codzydereel) he scored 320 too !
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nkwazema(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Exponental: Just thinking aloud.........he has/had xtics of BH.
"kill as many people as he could"?
I hope someday, these words would not be used against him in d court of law.

Spatarcus KILL THEM ALL!
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Akiika: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
Getting into college at 27 years old?.....Nigeria is finished!
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by size38: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Being a wheelbarow pusher does not mean intelligence or knowledge only resides with those who drives or being driven in big cars.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by SamAfrik(m): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
This is a poorly edited post. The guy moved 2 Lagos where he was tutored & given full scholarship by one Mr. Adebola Adams.
Hope Igbos on ds forum quit all petty accusatns against d Yorubas, afterall u are living & prospering in their region.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by melaniga: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Super1759: Is OAU a school? Mchewww,anyway congrats bro

OAU....Oba Awon University.i am sure u no go sku,for u to be askin if OAU is a sku or not.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by kariolality: 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Yup,i read this dis morning in d punch magazine.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Gwekzy: 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Rubbish PosT...
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by RoselynDavid: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
i tink say post ume na ova 100. Hw cums OAU own b ova 400.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
Those of u asking how he reads...the night is not meant for sleep only!! Some people utilise their nighttimes well!!
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by AdelekeAkinola(m): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
[quote author=tunjikrown] no oo OAU is not a school but a farm. Olodo oponu ...sorry its not a school its a uni. Hish![/quote
Thank you jare my guy. That guy cannot know the worth of OAU cos he has tried to gain admission there many times but failed so that's why he is talking that arrant nonsense.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Calsito: 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Some folks will come here and spew rubbish based on what they see on the surface without having a full detail of what they are talking about, I'll advise you all read the news from the link provided. Assuming you all know this guy, you will appreciate what God has done in his life. His psychological reasoning has changed from what it was before, he is now God fearing, humble, loving, and only concerned about achieving his pursuit of becoming a great Lawyer in the country. Moreover, so that this kind of desire will not swell in his head again, that was why he choose OAU cos it is a no go area for cult activities, and I must add that his lifestyle and academic performance in OAU has served has source of inspiration to those of us who are younger in his class. I must appreciate punch newspaper for bringing this story to the hearing of many Nigerians, as this will inspire that truck pusher, conductor, load carrier etc on the street, who have all thought there is no hope for them.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by ebukaeze00(m): 12:22am On Aug 22, 2012
Kayusfity: Another fable to credit the igbo tribe. Lies upon lies. We are not decieved. No be only tout, na Bh. Na tout go fresh like dat for photo. Na under bridge he dey read abi. Mtcheew

Think with your head and not your butts!
Can't u see "Ex-wheelbarrow pusher" the dude is 27yrs and he's sharing his past and u are opening your gutter to say crap......he's a changed and grown up guy who's hoping for a better tomorrow ...can't you read?!
Don't just reply anything u see, don't make a fool out of yourself

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by pendusky(m): 12:26am On Aug 22, 2012
Am not suprised! after all IMPOSSIBLE its self is saying IM POSSIBLE. good!
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by ebukaeze00(m): 12:26am On Aug 22, 2012
tpia@:
is imo state in the catchment area for OAU?

I dont think it is- he must have moved to a sw state before applying for admission.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Fool like you!!! Some one got 320 out of 400 and you are still talking about Catchment area...
I'm sure you're an illetrate or a drop out....
Smh

1 Like

Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by ObiomaA: 12:31am On Aug 22, 2012
I knew he would be an ibo dude..yoruba people no get beta brain to achieve dat kain feat
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by uceee(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2012
ObiomaA: I knew he would be an ibo dude..yoruba people no get beta brain to achieve dat kain feat
Nwanne m ewela iwe, mana i na-ekwu ka ewu.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Uwehok: 8:52am On Aug 22, 2012
There's no big deal there. Courage, consistency and focus are the essential prerequisite.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 22, 2012
Hmmm..i dunno, but dis story is dry. Mtcheww.....
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by benjikahndo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
hez intention formally wz rotten just like every other minds but thanks to Okaka ezeeluigwe who changed his motives to better focussing.
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by Dubemkelly(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
It baffles me nd strikes my imagination wen sum peeps hu lack mannerism nd sense of xpression come here n post trash all in d name of NL forum,talk is cheap....Wen u read a topic n u don't hv anyfin reasonable 2 contribute,y not ball out n pretend u never read it rada dan showing yhu level of frustration by antagonising foolishly...Y da tribalistic bigotry? He's an igbo n shares his stry,wat makes it a fight? Always not dsplay ur stupidity n illiteracy cos it doesn't project a gud image of u....Tempted 2 call names buh am gonna leave it @dat
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by ObiomaA: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
uceee: Nwanne m ewela iwe, mana i na-ekwu ka ewu.
ya fada nyansh
Re: Ex-Wheelbarrow-Pusher Gets Highest Scores In OAU Post-UTME by kumbhuru: 12:57pm On May 26, 2022
tunjikrown:
no oo OAU is not a school but a farm. Olodo oponu ...sorry its not a school its a uni. Hish!
Same oau that gave you 2 extra years foe stupid reasons.
OAU na school? The guy didn't ask stupid question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad / Identify Your Organisation! / Ikpeazu Reduces Tuition Fees For Abians In ABSU By N10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.