Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? (8934 Views)

Are You Afraid Of Night? / When it's important you ROOF once for all times. / Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Lordmike: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
I will fly any day any time. no shakement.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by omar22(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
Am always scared of the takeoff and thats it but I have never slept on a plane despite most of my flight were night flights going from London to Chicago through the longest route possible (via Cincinati) which took nearly 14 hours I stayed awake watching movies
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by ikekings(m): 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
What of pple like me wey never enter airplane nko?
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
I rather fly by witchcraft than aircraft! Abeg I no wan crash land. undecided
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Boyoorisha: 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
spyder880: All my ancestors were buried in my family compound, I dont want to break the family tradition of being the first to be buried without seeing the "corpse" grin
May be you will live all your life in Nigeria. If you must travel outside the country, you would have to be on the plane
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by martyns303(m): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
I have flown 531hrs and am still alive, some people have flown over 12,000hrs and are still alive. Now do you know how many people die on the road everyday? its safer to fly, being scared is about your mindset. let lose!
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
martyns303: I have flown 531hrs and am still alive, some people have flown over 12,000hrs and are still alive. Now do you know how many people die on the road everyday? its safer to fly, being scared is about your mindset. let lose!
oh that's encouraging,where did you fly to?
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by omodapson(m): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Wether you fly or not, na one death go kill person. As for me, I go dey fly dey go. No shakement.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Skipfr(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Tho i neva enta plane o bt chopper wen i dy enta evry 2 wks dy go wrk stil dey fear me. Na God sha
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
*shivers*
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
martyns303: I have flown 531hrs and am still alive, some people have flown over 12,000hrs and are still alive. Now do you know how many people die on the road everyday? its safer to fly, being scared is about your mindset. let lose!
It's not always about mindset. Like me I have a phobia for height so, flying is often a problem for me.For you information, I don't like entering tall buildings. I am beginning to find a lasting solution psychologically. My own problem was really compounded by my falling from tall buildings in dreams at my very young age.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
martyns303: [b]I have flown 531hrs and am still alive, some people have flown over 12,000hrs [/b]and are still alive. Now do you know how many people die on the road everyday? its safer to fly, being scared is about your mindset. let lose!

This part shows that you're a pilot or aviation career. How many passenger calculates the number of hrs they fly?

@OP,

No, I'm not afraid of flying, I love flying... grin grin grin
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
Fear ke, All die na die. Something must kill a man.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by MMM2(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
Don't joke with my business & first class smiley
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by oyewolestephen(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
for me i can fly from nigeria to australia but abuja to lagos Noooo
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by nuellabond(f): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
I totally avoid having to fly, sadly, cos I'm scared to death.
But i still fly, tho never sleep in planes.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by dasparrow: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
berem: I rather fly by witchcraft than aircraft! Abeg I no wan crash land. undecided

LOL

@Post

I am not afraid to fly because I believe Jesus will get me to my destination safe and sound. However, I hate to fly because I am claustrophobic and the thought of seating in that metal tube suspended in the sky for several hours on end leaves me somewhat restless. Nonetheless, I have no other option but to fly because how am I going to get from america to Nigeria If I choose not to fly? So, flying is a necessary evil if you live abroad or intend travelling abroad.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
spyder880: All my ancestors were buried in my family compound, I dont want to break the family tradition of being the first to be buried without seeing the "corpse" grin

grin grin grin
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by madridsta007(m): 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
Freiburger: How afraid are you flying in an airplane? or are you just that type that just don't care?
lets discuss this topic here.

Hmmmmm... The first time I flew in an airplane it was within Nigeria. I remember shaking and stammering and praying when we were experiencing turbulence while approaching Lagos airspace. I was shaking like a leaf grin, even as a correct guy, I didnt send all the babes in the plane wink. We touched down safely and I found myself asking questions like, 'what will you do if the plane shakes? Jump out of the window?' tongue. I couldn't answer that question. But I loved the flight and the experience and I fell in love with planes (never loved the taking-off experience).

I once used a Euroline train when my friend recommended one from London to Paris, she thought I would enjoy it. I never enjoyed it, so boring.

One of my worst experience flying was in 2011 when there was thick ash-cloud in the UK. I was going to Glasgow, and other flights were being cancelled within the UK every minute. Mine wasn't. The airline opted to pay for train tickets for those who wanted to switch to plane. As per strong 9ja guy, I refused and flew with a few other people. That was one of the most dreadful decisions ever.

The plane took off, and instantly we were covered with thick, pitch black cloudy smokey mist. I wan die, see prayers I dey fire grin grin grin, even Oyinbo people wey no send God begin dey pray cool cool, the pilot sef no fit announce anything, the air hostesses sat down and fastened their seatbelt too grin grin grin, the plane shook up and down in the black sky. Anyway, thank God we made it alive.

As we just touch down, see run wey I run comot the airport. The next day, I still flew again. Flying is like chocolate. When you start, you can't stop. wink
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by tope3x(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
TO FLY INTERNATIONALLY IS A GREAT DEAL FOR ME, AND I LIKE TO FLY ON THE INTERNATIONAL PLANE...BUT NOTHING WILL MAKE ME FLY THE LOCAL AIRPLANE..NEVER NEVER AND NEVER undecided tongue
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Jarus(m): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
My mind is usually more at rest when on air than when traveling by road. I hardly sleep when traveling by road but sleep in as short as 45 minute flight.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by tlops(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
manny4life:

This part shows that you're a pilot or aviation career. How many passenger calculates the number of hrs they fly?

@OP,

No, I'm not afraid of flying, I love flying... grin grin grin

Not necessarily, customer loyalty programmes with most airlines can also provide you with such information; mileage and hours. But you are likely right.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by onuwaje(m): 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
I was@ obudu cattle ranch earlier this month and I used their cable car... I was of the ground for 15minutes and at an altitute of 1600metres above the ground I was really scared bout falling but I got used to it..... Getting used to flying takes very little time the only fear na wen plane crash
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by mrlycan: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
the best time i like flying is in the midnight in my dream.Me and my landlord daughter
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Bluemoon1(f): 3:03am On Aug 23, 2012
i love to fly...especially when i got the window seat.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by suhailinter: 6:41am On Aug 23, 2012
i like this type of journey
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by KwoiZabo(m): 7:37am On Aug 23, 2012
adaobi123: i love flying, but flying within nigeria is a big no no

i'll not say i love flying but getting use to it. Never flew on a local route i'm patient in my ABC transport. The scary part 4 me is takeoff but cruising & landing no shaking.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2012
Not afraid....I'm a flight freak n don't mind embarkin my travels by air
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by joanana(f): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Did u say afraid? Its more than that , i ve got phobia heights, i never climb the pedestrian bridge in Lagos without help. i have to hold someone so tight that i dnt let go until m on the last stair. God help me to over come this fear. embarassed
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by shaybebaby(f): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
I'm petrified of flying, I don watch air crash investigation tire for national geographic all the while telling myself that if I understand the process of flying and the unlikely errors that lead to crashes, it'll alleviate my fears...err nope. The only way I cope is with a couple of large glasses of red before take-off and during the flight.
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by anitank(f): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
VERY AFRAID!!!!!! Cancelled my flight twice for that sole reason, FEAR!! And I've never entered a plane b4 becos of that. I pray to overcome d fear someday because travelling by road can be really stressful
Re: Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? by Ivynwa(f): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
The first time I flew over the Atlantic, I nearly develped hypertension. I was carrying my heart in my hands----I was so scared that whenever they show the geographic co-ordinates/position where we are on the screen I will refrain from screaming that they remove that from my sight as I didn't need to be reminded that I am in the middle of the Ocean at that point in time. Oh my Gosh! When the plane landed I was so relieved that I shed tears of relief. A white couple sitting beside me on noticing my relief were being very friendly and offering me sweet and stuffs which I declined of course. It was exhilarating, an endless journey hung up on that big Ocean. Thank God for the intelligence he gave man with which he is conquering his world with innovations. Alleluiah!

freecocoa: Its no big deal for me since they always allow me wind down the glass by my seat for fresh air,the air helps me throughout the flightundecided

Cocoanwa what are you talking about? grin grin
You ain't easy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Guys Made Me Join Nairaland! / I Need Serious Financial Assistance / Week 10 Uk Pool Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.