Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

Police: Attitudes And Characters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police: Attitudes And Characters (803 Views)

Aba And Onitsha - Understanding The Energy, Histories And Attitudes / Kenya, Nigeria Top Global Gay Unclothedness Search Despite Homophobic Attitudes / Police: Attitudes And Characters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police: Attitudes And Characters by Rogo: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2007
Sometimes i wonder the way our policemen and women behave and their motto says that they are friends to the public. i really don't know these people are like the devil. pls i don't know how you see their attitudes and character. is it because of the uniform, poverty, illiteracy. nairalanders i need your contribution on this thread. thanks [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Police: Attitudes And Characters by hollandis(f): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2007
Hey Up Gunners tongue
@topic I think the Nigerian Police needs a complete overhaul,bunch of frustrated,unskilled,illiterate,corrupt,smelly(this one is true too) e.t.c e.tc
To be on the safe side,have your complete papers .
Re: Police: Attitudes And Characters by ndubest(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2007
Attitude of both the police and the citizen needs to be change
may be massive media campaign may be of help
especially those fond of handing out bribe even b4 the policeman says a word
Re: Police: Attitudes And Characters by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2007
Not only the police but also any man or woman in uniform in Nigerian has this attitude of omniscience. The Nigerian police has to change its manner of approach to citizens. I do not know what they teach them in their police school but you don't treat and talk to people on the road anyhow. To this case I will call it illiteracy and unculturedness because they are not the only one faced with poverty. We also need a leader who believes in order, a disciplinarian, his yes is yes , his no is no.
Re: Police: Attitudes And Characters by Backslider(m): 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2007
I have written about the problem of the police.

The problem of the police is one that has its root in colonialism.

The Idea of what a police service not a police force should be is one that stem from colonial upbringing.

This thing has eaten into the heads of the black race. The police was used to put us into subjection for hundreds of years.

what we should do now is to know that the police should be the most important man in the civil ladder.

They must be paid more than any one in the civil service.

They must have the Highest education.

They must have all the benefits and incentives that the MP have or Had.

If we Civilians cant handle ourselves then I wonder how be can progress.

It is the truth that The Highest Civil Person should be the policeman why?

Police
1) His Life is at risk
2) He saves Life
3) He is a Mini Judge or Morality and conduct

Doctor

He saves Live only

Teacher

He Models life

Lawyer /Judge

They determine where you will spend your life or dead
Re: Police: Attitudes And Characters by Rogo: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2007
thank you all for your contribution to this thread. the reason why i posted this thread is because i was in okada to my working place a police jump from nowhere and stop the okada rider immediately as the rider held the break i hit the headmelt of the rider with head very hard and i asked the policeman why do you stop this man like, do you know you almost break my head as i hit the man. the police said you are mad, and held, drag me rough handle my tie and shirt that why must i asked him of stopping the man. every body was says "only God will judge our police" infact Nigerian police men and women are devil's agent.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Worth Dieing For? / Hiv/Aids, Sars, Bird Flu etc True or False? / Canada Introduce Segregated School. Join Prof Aluko, Prof Ndibe And Olumhense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.