Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? (1075 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / Use Your Hi Power To Win The World Become What You Want Without Rituals / What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
when will religion end? when will everyone become an atheist? seems the path is getting clearer by the day but will it happen soon or a thousand years from now? anything to keep track of the process?
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by FelixL(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
Never. Can you imagine a culture now or in the past without any belief? To be religious is human nature. As long as there are open questions there will be religions.
Ask any atheist what life is good for and you will see that the person is believing in something.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by UyiIredia(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
Imposssible. It seems diluminati underestimates the power of the stranglehold of religion on humans.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
wasnt this the thought process part of the nazi machine of having a germany freed from the jew. And the result? 6million jews perished. Now its no more jews but all religions will be considered "exterminated"
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by mantraa: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Acidosis(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2012
after the rapture, people like OP will be given the mark of destruction...and you'll take over the earth before the devil wll finally cast you into eternal Hell.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by FelixL(m): 10:48am On Aug 22, 2012
- nazis wanted to return to old nordic religion (Thor, Asgaard , Walhalla etc)
- in today's germany there are every day new esoteric circles popping up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Druidism

- the debate about the 'threatening islamification' is going on because islamic immigrants got more children. (That discussion is an embarrassing BS.)
- video link did not work here
- there is nazism again in former communistic east-germany. They were not guilty for killing jews. They were taught that bad capitalists did that. Don't go there! West is ok. We got freed from nazi regime by black americans. They stayed for about 30 years. Still love James Brown and ppl with parts of black blood are every day in my house.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2012
That will never happen because atheists themselves help keep religion alive and kicking. You all talk about it too much and debates like that help keep religion alive and well enormously.... like this thread here.
diluminati: when will religion end? when will everyone become an atheist? seems the path is getting clearer by the day but will it happen soon or a thousand years from now? anything to keep track of the process?
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by FelixL(m): 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
mantraa: the nazi were christians

Whatever you wanted to say by this: Nazism has its origin in a total misunderstanding of Charles Darwin's survival of the fittest. First 'to fit' was misinterpretated then they overtook the already wrong idea to entire societies. That did not happen only in Germany. Of course god had to be dead to make it possible. He(she,it?) was killed already in 1906 by Darwin, Einstein and fellows.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati: when will religion end? when will everyone become an atheist? seems the path is getting clearer by the day but will it happen soon or a thousand years from now? anything to keep track of the process?
when the visible presence of the anti christ appears and he manifest as god then atheist will be convinced easily since they want to see before believing and will worship him easily cos he will demonstrate wonders. Soon dont worry

2 Likes

Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by tobechi74: 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Human beings differ. We vary in likenes, belief, desire etc.hence d whole world can't like green colour.the whole usa cant vote 4 gudluck. The whole nigeria cant be gay. The whole world cant b muslims.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
hisblud: when the visible presence of the anti christ appears and he manifest as god then atheist will be convinced easily since they want to see before believing and will worship him easily cos he will demonstrate wonders. Soon dont worry

Me likey!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Me likey!!! cheesy cheesy
hi she brought up something i was thinking, that the issue of falling away has already started and atheist are doing a great job at it, keeping themselves in that delusion of no proof of evidence of God, which is a fertile ground for his acceptance and what we should be expecting now is the happening of the man of sin, appearing, opposing anything called God, will be worshipped by them easily according to 2 thes 2

1 Like

Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by CrazyMan(m): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
I think what you should be concerned about is where you would spend your eternity, and not when religion would end.

Jesus is coming soon, so I would advise you to be prepared for him so that you won't be taken unawares.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
hisblud: when the visible presence of the anti christ appears and he manifest as god then atheist will be convinced easily since they want to see before believing and will worship him easily cos he will demonstrate wonders. Soon dont worry
Lmao! Like TB joshua and 3 wise men wonders? Buaaah
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
hisblud: hi she brought up something i was thinking, that the issue of falling away has already started and atheist are doing a great job at it, keeping themselves in that delusion of no proof of evidence of God, which is a fertile ground for his acceptance and what we should be expecting now is the happening of the man of sin, appearing, opposing anything called God, will be worshipped by them easily according to 2 thes 2

I'm glad there are others who can perceive the times, my brother. It's one reason I no longer engage them in arguments. It is clear that they do not seek the Lord. They have rejected Him. It is also the reason for which I am reaching out to all my brethren to strengthen the things that remain.

2 Likes

Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati:
Lmao! Like TB joshua and 3 wise men wonders? Buaaah

No. More like proof of God's existence kind of wonders. Except that the God in question will be standing right in front of you and be just as you want God to be.

1 Like

Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by cyrexx: 5:49am On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:
I'm glad there are others who can perceive the times, my brother. It's one reason I no longer engage them in arguments. It is clear that they do not seek the Lord. They have rejected Him. It is also the reason for which I am reaching out to all my brethren to strengthen the things that remain.

Every generation of christians believe they are living in the last days, including the first apostles.

Jesus has been coming "soon" for the past 2000 years and he will keep coming "soon" for the next 2000 years.

The funny thing is that intelligent non-religious scoffers have been scoffing this grandeur delusion for the past 2000 years and scoffers will keep scoffing it for the next 2000 years while Jesus will keep coming soon.

Very interesting.

What is more interesting is that:

Jesus tells his disciples in Matt 10:23 that he will return before they can "go over the cities of Israel." Later (Matt 24:14) he says he will not come until the gospel is preached throughout the world. Well, his disciples went over the cities of Israel and then died waiting for the "return of the Lord." Now, nearly 2000 years later, and long after the gospel had been preached throughout the world, his followers still wait.
interesting

Jesus predicts that the end of the world will come within the lifetimes of his disciples who lived 2000 years ago (Matt 24:34). The world of course didn't end then, and according to Eccl 1:4 the world will never end.

interesting.

Another funny and condescending false statement from Christians is that we rejected Christ. Therefore we deserve his wrath. hmmmm. do you know that your only creator ordered you to worship him alone and that he has no son and he is not begotten. but you rejected him. you will face his wrath on the judgement day.

you rejected Allah and i rejected Christ for exactly the same reason. yet i deserve wrath while you deserve bliss. meanwhile we both rejected myriads of other revelations of God to various religions and we both deserve their wrath. confusion that will not exist if there is a singular almighty god who is interested in saving his own creatures.

interesting still...
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by ijawkid(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Every generation of christians believe they are living in the last days, including the first apostles.

Jesus has been coming "soon" for the past 2000 years and he will keep coming "soon" for the next 2000 years.

The funny thing is that intelligent non-religious scoffers have been scoffing this grandeur delusion for the past 2000 years and scoffers will keep scoffing it for the next 2000 years while Jesus will keep coming soon.

Very interesting.

Jesus tells his disciples in Matt 10:23 that he will return before they can "go over the cities of Israel." Later (Matt 24:14) he says he will not come until the gospel is preached throughout the world. Well, his disciples went over the cities of Israel and then died waiting for the "return of the Lord." Now, nearly 2000 years later, and long after the gospel had been preached throughout the world, his followers still wait.
interesting

Jesus predicts that the end of the world will come within the lifetimes of his disciples who lived 2000 years ago (Matt 24:34). The world of course didn't end then, and according to Eccl 1:4 the world will never end.

interesting.

Another funny and condescending false statement from Christians is that we rejected Christ. Therefore we deserve his wrath. hmmmm. do you know that your only creator ordered you to worship him alone and that he has no son and he is not begotten. but you rejected him. you will face his wrath on the judgement day.

you rejected Allah and i rejected Christ for exactly the same reason. yet i deserve wrath while you deserve bliss. meanwhile we both rejected myriads of other revelations of God to various religions and we both deserve their wrath. confusion that will not exist if there is a singular almighty god who is interested in saving his own creatures.

interesting still...

U just mixed up everythin....

Now the apostles kept anticipating an end because thÉy kept there sense of urgency intact......

Ofcus there was an imminÉnt destruction that was to befall jerusalem back then which did happen in 70 C.E.....only christians who heeded Jesus warning fled that great city b4 it was destroyed by d romans.......

The apostles did also anticipate the end of this system of things as a whole and patterned there lives according to the times they were living in....

We are even more deep into the lastdays than d apostles were and d composite signs Jesus gave to mark these perilious times are all evident......

Only a sound christian who wants to see an end to injustice and wickedness will anticipate an end just like all faithfull servants of Yahweh and Jesus were.......

And ur correct when u say eclesiastes 1:4 says the world will not end....

The physiÇal earth would indeed last forever.....gbam!!!!!........

The ""WORLD" when associated with destruction in the bible always means ""wickedness or wicked human society""....

Yahweh destroyed the then world of NOAH,but ofcus we know it wasn't the physical earth...rather it was d world of lawless humans who are alienated from God......

The earth is meant to be inhabited forever....but only by rÍgtheous persons or those who do the will of Jesus's father......

Psalms 37: 11 $ 29 tells us that....

Wickedness can't go on like this forever bro....an end must come.......

Not an end to they physical world just as u might be thinking,but an end to the world (symbolically speaking) of wicked human§....
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

No. More like proof of God's existence kind of wonders. Except that the God in question will be standing right in front of you and be just as you want God to be.
exactly that is saying it as it will be
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Very interesting.

interesting

interesting.

interesting still...
as you are at ease scoffing, am at ease wit Believing in Him.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Very interesting.

interesting

interesting.

interesting still...

Cyrexx, my friend, no be by force to believe in Jesus Christ. If you want, believe. If you no want, no believe.

If I try answer all dat tin wey u talk now, na so person go talk say I de confuse everybody or you fit talk say I de twist sometin wey dem write korokoro like dat. So I no go answer you. I go jus park, respect my expensive manicure undecided
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by cyrexx: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Cyrexx, my friend, no be by force to believe in Jesus Christ. If you want, believe. If you no want, no believe.

If I try answer all dat tin wey u talk now, na so person go talk say I de confuse everybody or you fit talk say I de twist sometin wey dem write korokoro like dat. So I no go answer you. I go jus park, respect my expensive manicure undecided

i created a thread earlier which i demanded an answer from you and you graciously responded and i gladly appreciate.

when i demand a reply, i will specifically ask you, if you will indulge. but here i am not demanding an answer. i am just just contributing to this thread based on what i've read. you are under no obligation to answer me if you dont feel like. the world is very free. aint it?

keep believing while i keep an open mind to everything and question everything. whatever works for anybody. but everybody has a right to air their opinion on nairaland.

But i must really say that i appreciate you a lot. You and Mr Anony are generally good people, especially when we are not debating.
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by cyrexx: 8:03am On Aug 24, 2012
ijawkid:

U just mixed up everythin....

Now the apostles kept anticipating an end because thÉy kept there sense of urgency intact......

Ofcus there was an imminÉnt destruction that was to befall jerusalem back then which did happen in 70 C.E.....only christians who heeded Jesus warning fled that great city b4 it was destroyed by d romans.......

The apostles did also anticipate the end of this system of things as a whole and patterned there lives according to the times they were living in....

We are even more deep into the lastdays than d apostles were and d composite signs Jesus gave to mark these perilious times are all evident......

Only a sound christian who wants to see an end to injustice and wickedness will anticipate an end just like all faithfull servants of Yahweh and Jesus were.......

And ur correct when u say eclesiastes 1:4 says the world will not end....

The physiÇal earth would indeed last forever.....gbam!!!!!........

The ""WORLD" when associated with destruction in the bible always means ""wickedness or wicked human society""....

Yahweh destroyed the then world of NOAH,but ofcus we know it wasn't the physical earth...rather it was d world of lawless humans who are alienated from God......

The earth is meant to be inhabited forever....but only by rÍgtheous persons or those who do the will of Jesus's father......

Psalms 37: 11 $ 29 tells us that....

Wickedness can't go on like this forever bro....an end must come.......

Not an end to they physical world just as u might be thinking,but an end to the world (symbolically speaking) of wicked human§....

thank you for trying to clarifying some things.

but Jesus was clearly talking about his returning NOT about the temple's destruction.

if the disciples were living in the last days two thousand years ago, we are living in the last days now, dont you think our descendants will be living in "the last days" two thousand years from now.

all the signs that Jesus cited has been happening since ages past and it will continue to be after we are both dead and gone.

i dont take everything hookline and sinker. thats me. i ask questions. so, sorry if i sound like i'm not respecting your faith. (you never respected the atheists anyway)
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by ijawkid(m): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

thank you for trying to clarifying some things.

but Jesus was clearly talking about his returning NOT about the temple's destruction.

if the disciples were living in the last days two thousand years ago, we are living in the last days now, dont you think our descendants will be living in "the last days" two thousand years from now.

all the signs that Jesus cited has been happening since ages past and it will continue to be after we are both dead and gone.

i dont take everything hookline and sinker. thats me. i ask questions. so, sorry if i sound like i'm not respecting your faith. (you never respected the atheists anyway)

The destruction of Jerusalem was partly a fulfillment of Jesus's warning.....

While the main fulfillment of Jesus's word would come when the end of this satan ruled world comes to a climax(ofcus u know what d world means from my earlier explanation).....

To show u how vigilant and steadfast d apostles and early christians were they started anticipating this end since there time....

Ofcus wickedness has been happening since time immemorial,but the signs associated with the lastdays are more alarming and severe than never before....and these signs are occuring on a global scale simultaneously.....

And they'll keep intensifying.......

I know questions must be asked and its good ur asking pertinent ones.....

But these facts are just right in front of us.....

Remember the lastdays would span thru a period of time according to Gods own time table b4 an end comes of which know one knows d day and hour,not even Jesus,but only Yahweh the great time keeper.....

These happenings around us shuld define how we shuld live our lives.......

Nations rising against nations,pestilences afflicting mankind like never b4,wicked men and impostors advancing from bad to worse..etc......

My bro I like ur sincerity...but I'ma tell u this one truth....

The wickedness we experience today and all that occured in the past will never continue to occur forever....there must be an end to it....

And for us living ,the end comes when we die or if we live to see the great day of ""ARMAGGEDOM"".....

So live everyday like its d last,by following bible principles while u await that end.....
Thank u....
Re: When Will The World Become Fully Atheistic? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2012
cyrexx:

i created a thread earlier which i demanded an answer from you and you graciously responded and i gladly appreciate.

when i demand a reply, i will specifically ask you, if you will indulge. but here i am not demanding an answer. i am just just contributing to this thread based on what i've read. you are under no obligation to answer me if you dont feel like. the world is very free. aint it?

keep believing while i keep an open mind to everything and question everything. whatever works for anybody. but everybody has a right to air their opinion on nairaland.

But i must really say that i appreciate you a lot. You and Mr Anony are generally good people, especially when we are not debating.

Ok, I get it. cheesy Cheerio, dude.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims / Priest Found Guilty Of Molesting 10-year-old Altar Boy / Visited By A 7-feet Huge, Wingless Blond-haired Angel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.