Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo (7989 Views)

'NUC Declares Aisha Buhari’s Certificate Fraudulent' - Nigeriantimes.ng / I Never Thought APC Would Last This Long – Okupe / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by ifihearam: 10:32am On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem:

Mr HONORARIUM grin, remember also that the Retardeen also appointed the incompetent chief of staff

Does that prevent the COS from discharging his duties?
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Demdem(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2012
ifihearam:

Yes, he cant even do anything because he is even incompetent in the first place (cant give what u dont have). The blame should be placed on the person that appointed him in the first place.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by superior1: 10:36am On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem:

i detest anyone that brings stupidity and cluelessness to the sit of power. making the seat a dumb one whereas it isnt. The Retardeen is most likely a wonderful husband, father, zoo-keeper but obviously miserable in the acts of governance right from his bayelsa days. So u see, it isnt personal. I have the interest of my country at heart.

That's what i keep telling the 40 lappy, it is never personal. E.g, electricity in my area has improved seriously (although the bill is killing me) but i know how much i have saved buying fuel for my gen. It is never personal, if Jona do am well, it is the benefit of this country, myself and my kids. But if the Retardeen (make i borrow Demdem grammar)thinks he can mess this country for us, then he will never get any e-support from me.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by ifihearam: 10:39am On Aug 22, 2012
Demdem:

i detest anyone that brings stupidity and cluelessness to the sit of power. making the seat a dumb one whereas it isnt. The Retardeen is most likely a wonderful husband, father, zoo-keeper but obviously miserable in the acts of governance right from his bayelsa days. So u see, it isnt personal. I have the interest of my country at heart.

My guy you have ever supported any government for this current dispensation.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by odomanis: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2012
Perhaps I read something different from what some of you who are blaming GEJ over Okupe read.

The article said he was chairman of the company and a stakeholder. It didnt say he was the MD/CEO. The Chairman is not incharge of the day to day running of the company but,the MD/CEO is. So,Okupe may not even be aware or involved in the transactions and transactional flaws of the company.
That may be why the EFCC had to let him go probably after finding him NOT GUILTY.
I equally read that the two transactions where settled amicably and out of cut. Is it not possible that Okupe intervened and probably made sure that the CEO acted in line with the contract agreement or probably made refunds? If this was the case,then he should be commended and deserves any appointment due to an honourable man. If Okupe committed a crime,why would Imo state government allow him go away with the state money? why would EFCC not charge him to court? In Law, an accused remains innocent until proven otherwise by a competent Law court. And no law court proved him guilty. Is that GEJ's making? Why expect GEJ to go against this Principle.You people should leave GEJ alone to continue with the good job he is doing,especially with electricity.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by excondido(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2012
what do u expect from a clueless presedent...c'mon i expect nlanders to know more than bash the govt for what has become its trademark.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Demdem(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2012
ifihearam:

My guy you have ever supported any government for this current dispensation.

I support Amaechi for his second tenure based on what he did the first term but it seems as if i will regret that decision of mine based on present happenings.
Akpabio is a man that lets his work speak for him, am for him though i dont really know what is currently going on.
fashola, i like.
AregbeRascal, isnt bad IMO. so far so good, still watching

I just want to see results. Do u want more?
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by ifihearam: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2012
superior1:

That's what i keep telling the 40 lappy, it is never personal. E.g, electricity in my area has improved seriously (although the bill is killing me) but i know how much i have saved buying fuel for my gen. It is never personal, if Jona do am well, it is the benefit of this country, myself and my kids. But if the Retardeen (make i borrow Demdem grammar)thinks he can mess this country for us, then he will never get any e-support from me.

See urself nw. You just confessed the power supply In ur area has improved yet you still condemn the government. Why?
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by cunlay007(m): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2012
ifihearam:

Really confused wit d point u trying to mak,pls find time 2 hear urslf speak or read ur comment again words like this only comes out of a lunatic brain that got dead cells,promise to always ignore any thread i see ur name.sentiment,myopic thought clouds ur understanding,guess u feed from the riots in the system..............i wonder if ur heir wud b proud of who u become in ur later yrs
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by excondido(m): 10:50am On Aug 22, 2012
when does fixing electricity becomes a liberty for frolicking with corrupt individuals?
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Onyenna(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2012
This is exactly what most of these road contractors have been doing in different states for years. I'm happy with the way Rochas is handling them(earn as you work) *no breathing space*.....okupe should pay that money through his nose...... Rubbish!!

Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Kajiang02(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2012
Its quite pertinent to note herewith that the seat of the presidency has so much been abused and belittled here on Nairaland.
Pls, why not avoid abusive words on the president on trivial issues as this whereby there are other major issues affecting the progress of the country. Look through very well to understand that the allegations against this man had started since his appointment and other rival parties sees is as an opportunity.
Pls ask yourself the gospel truth Nairalanders. "IF HE RESIGNS NOW or JOHNATHAN sacks him" how does this make the country the best place to live in or make the naira appreciates. Why not look at the antics opposition to govt is trying to do.
@topic.
A corporate firm was awarded the contract, you'll be surprised that nothing will happen in this case and at most, the MD or Chief Contract engineer in the Coy will rather face the consequences.
Take note that the man in question is still in a better position to get more contracts to execute and even raise more funds to nil off other debts.
My point here is, let's focus on issues worth addressing and not an issue that happened when we probably never really knew GEJ.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Pukkah: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2012
ifihearam: Okupe was arrested by EFCC,detained for a month or so and let go I 2005:how does that cocern the presidentnow that his past deeds has come to light and he admitted what else do you people want the president to do?

Was the president the governor that awarded him the contractswhy didn't the government of the da see to it that justice was servedwhy are you shallow minded people bringing the president into this because he appointed him the office of SSA??is there any soul I Nigeria politics today with a clea slate?

It is left for him to either resign or deal with it but its a good start for him to admit.

ifihearam:

So its now the job of the president to carry out investigations,why does he have a chief of staff???

ifihearam:

@demdem
You always derive pleasure In hearing things that brings the presidency into ridicule.

If you would listen to advice, I think it's better and honourable for you to abandon this thread. Every comment you've made on this thread has brought the Presidency to ridicule more than all the comments by Demdem.

1 Like

Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2012
pls. I would like whoever is brightest in the house to show me one quote that suggest that okupe's lawyer admitting any fraud.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by thelastPope(m): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2012
The way these ACN guys are ranting and lamenting here is the best indicator so far that Mr President's choice of Okupe is the right choice.

Haba, kini big deal now? Its like this okupe is really hitting you guys hard so the all out campaign against him. Just listen to yourselves now. Okupe carry go. Hit them harder, let them keep weeping like children in kindagerten. Omashe o!

3 Likes

Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Ess: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2012
cunlay007:

Really confused wit d point u trying to mak,pls find time 2 hear urslf speak or read ur comment again words like this only comes out of a lunatic brain that got dead cells,promise to always ignore any thread i see ur name.sentiment,myopic thought clouds ur understanding,guess u feed from the riots in the system..............i wonder if ur heir wud b proud of who u become in ur later yrs

Chaii o boy pity am now, you get professorship for yab?...he is searching for his colleagues (40 laptops guys)im sure.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by texazzpete(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
odomanis: Perhaps I read something different from what some of you who are blaming GEJ over Okupe read.

The article said he was chairman of the company and a stakeholder. It didnt say he was the MD/CEO. The Chairman is not incharge of the day to day running of the company but,the MD/CEO is. So,Okupe may not even be aware or involved in the transactions and transactional flaws of the company.
That may be why the EFCC had to let him go probably after finding him NOT GUILTY.

You say he's 'only the chairman' and is 'not involved in the day-to-day running of the company' yet he flew down to Imo State to secure the deal, and he was the one being investigated by the EFCC, not the MD.

Truly, you '40 laptops' guys are truly daft!

odomanis:
In Law, an accused remains innocent until proven otherwise by a competent Law court. And no law court proved him guilty. Is that GEJ's making? Why expect GEJ to go against this Principle.You people should leave GEJ alone to continue with the good job he is doing,especially with electricity.

Clifford Orji was never found guilty of consuming human flesh...yet you'd never catch Fashola naming him as a commissioner grin
There are scandals that should taint a man's name. The mere whiff of corruption around the man should have made him ineligible for employment by a President that publicly whines about tackling corruption.

Anyway, it's not today we knew GEJ LOVES bedding down with corrupt people. We see him happily embracing the likes of Anenih and IBB grin
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Zutchy: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
superior1:

Then please I would like you to please enlighten me since you say you are this very jolly good fellow who just wants the best for this country,how does the fact that a company Doyin Okupe was chairman of in any way affect the transformation going on in the agric sector,how does it affect the fact that the finance minister is putting in place the most transparent and efficient financial structure this country has ever known,or the fact that the power in this country has significantly improved and is still improving,because when you say the president should not mess this country up for you because Doyin okupe's company had issues with some state governments,I wonder how your brain reasons,like seriously........
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
okupe lawyer never admitted any fraud. Na so english hard to understand. Most of the article are stupid opinion of the writer.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by ifihearam: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
cunlay007:

You are just a demented bastard,the latitude of your foolishness in beyond comprehension,instead of stating ur facts you resort to using abusive words forgeting its my field. I don't trade words with sycophants like you. Idiota
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by texazzpete(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
Zutchy: Then please I would like you to please enlighten me since you say you are this very jolly good fellow who just wants the best for this country,how does the fact that a company Doyin Okupe was chairman of in any way affect the transformation going on in the agric sector,how does it affect the fact that the finance minister is putting in place the most transparent and efficient financial structure this country has ever known,or the fact that the power in this country has significantly improved and is still improving,because when you say the president should not mess this country up for you because Doyin okupe's company had issues with some state governments,I wonder how your brain reasons,like seriously........

What transformation in the agric sector?
What 'efficient financial structure' when the Minister of Finance could not accurately tell the Senate exactly how much was paid out as fuel subsidies? What 'transparency' when she admitted to misleading the Nigerian public on the amounts that would be saved by ending fuel subsidies? What 'efficiency' when she could not convincingly explain why the subsidy payments balooned from less than N400b to over N1.3tr?

Corruption is recognised as the main problem afflicting Nigeria...your President goes on air claiming to be tackling corruption, and you thrice accursed m0r0n cannot see the hypocrisy in his appointing a man who has been tainted by corruption and controversy as his 'attack dog'?

Walahi, apologize to your parents at once for wasting the money they spent on your education.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by superior1: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
texazzpete:

What 'efficient financial structure' when the Minister of Finance could not accurately tell the Senate exactly how much was paid out as fuel subsidies? What 'transparency' when she admitted to misleading the Nigerian public on the amounts that would be saved by ending fuel subsidies? What 'efficiency' when she could not convincingly explain why the subsidy payments balooned from less than N400b to over N1.3tr?

Corruption is recognised as the main problem afflicting Nigeria...your President goes on air claiming to be tackling corruption, and you thrice accursed m0r0n cannot see the hypocrisy in his appointing a man who has been tainted by corruption and controversy as his 'attack dog'?

Walahi, apologize to your parents at once for wasting the money they spent on your education.

texazzpete, check https://www.nairaland.com/966416/jonathans-intellectual-approach-governance. You will know understand why i ignored the pitiable morron
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by kooto(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
It's not surprising the kind of job GEJ want done can be done only by either a thief or a crook; Reuben Abati is non of this that is why Okupe was brought in.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Zutchy: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
texazzpete:

If you refuse to acknowledge fact that groundbreaking and giant strides are being made in the agric sector,that is your cup of tea,but before you conclude please I beg of you go to the rural farmers who all benefited and ask,and if you say no efficient financial structure is being put on ground,I suggest you go ask the Fed civil servants how many times they have had to fill out e-payment forms and do various e-registrations of recent,and in the process pls don't forget to ask the different MDA's and govt contractors if remittance of funds from the Ministry of Finance is business as usual.and by the way the education I was given probably when you were still in ur crib,"because I can see you are just a teenager)was good enough to enable me gauge facts on ground dispassionately,
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Zutchy: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
superior1:

texazzpete, check https://www.nairaland.com/966416/jonathans-intellectual-approach-governance. You will know understand why i ignored the pitiable morron
And as for you,you can choose to wallow and die in your pit of delusional ignorance,your bloody choice Mr Goodfella.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Zutchy: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
My point is,if Doyin Okupe is found to have any skeleton in his cupboard,and if he has it will come to light considering the amount of time and resources the opposition parties are putting into fighting this man,let him step away in order not to cast a shady shadow on this administration,and let the president and his team carry on their jobs,they do not need this kind of negative publicity at all,the noise being made about this issuei is becoming too overrated.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Dpeacemaker101: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
God's Mercy:
From this report, it's very clear being a stakeholder in a company does not cumulate of being the owner. Okupe is far far better than all you haters. He's come not only to destroy but also to finish all you haters. God bless him.
. Please tell these mumu people ooo, making noise all around.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Dpeacemaker101: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Someone just comes up with some useless post on this forum and everyone starts ranting. DEMDEM, has being known for his blind and paid criticism to the present adminstration by some evil people and oppositions of this administration, who have no plans for this country. They jus want to see bombs go off and innocent people killed. And for the source of the news, SAHARA REPORTERS have been known for spreading fake news, and lies in the name of publication. So I don't see why any reasonable person should even pay attention to this post in the first place. I see all these as a cheap way of tarnishing a mans' image and creating a bad image of the presidency. The GEJ administration is doing all its best to see that the country is reformed, and if anyone can agree with me, he is achieving a lot, so let us all support the government, than sit in the comfort of our offices and homes and make unconstructive criticisms, joining the ACN and the northern monsters to make the country miserable for the people.

Demdem: New presidential attack dog, Dr. Doyin Okupe, road construction contracts from the governments of Benue and Imo States and got substantial payments, his lawyers have admitted.

On his behalf, the Lagos law firm of Yemi Gbonegun and Co said today that the rural road construction contracts were awarded in 2004 and 2005 to companies in which Dr. Okupe has substantial interests and served as Chairman, but denied they were awarded to him personally.

And beyond the mobilization payments, those companies received other payments over a period exceeding two years continuously for work done, the statement said.

“We also confirm that contrary to reports in the media, on no account did any of the companies bolt away with any money and if they had, the state governments would have legally had recourse to the Bank Guarantees issued, held the banks accountable and recovered their monies,” the statement said.

It said disputes about certificates of payments arose in both transactions, claiming that this is normal between a contractor and its employers, and that the issues were at different times thoroughly investigated by the EFCC, but that no fraud or any criminality was ever found against any of the Companies.

“In the case of Imo State Government a settlement agreement out of court was reached while in Benue State both parties agreed to go in for arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the signed contract document,” it further said.

Today’s statement by Yemi Gbonegun and Co. raised more questions than it answered. It did not explain why, as previously reported by SaharaReporters, Dr. Okupe was personally detained by the EFCC for an entire month in 2006.

In 2005, during the tenure of Governor Achike Udenwa, Okupe went to Imo state with a business partner, the Israeli businessman Ilan Salman. Okupe got a contract to import Romix Soilfix, a soil stabilizing substance, from South Africa for the construction of four kilometres of road in each of the 27 local government areas at the rate of N14 million per km.

That amounted to N1.512 billion. Okupe was paid mobilization fee of N400 million twice (totaling N800m). He was then paid another N350 million for the little work done, with just about 8km out of the 108km Romix promised to construct.

This means that Okupe was paid over N1.2billion, with very little to show for it. He carried out his lack of work in the State in collaboration with the former Speaker of the Imo State Assembly, Chief Godfrey Dikeocha.

As investigations into the daylight hoax heated up, Okupe’s engineers were arrested in Owerri alongside the LGA chairmen and moved to Ikoyi, Lagos.

In addition, Okupe’s head office, which was at that time on Isale Eko Street in Dolphin Estate, was sealed up and Chief Okupe locked up for one month by the EFCC, but he was never tried.

The situation in Benue State was similar. Through Messrs Value Trust Investments Ltd., Okupe secured a contract valued at N2.303 billion, again for the construction of rural roads across the state. By July 17, 2006, he had been paid N886.8m.

The man who would later be invited by President Goodluck Jonathan to serve as his leading voice on Public Affairs then disappeared. That case, as was the situation in Imo State, was brought to the EFCC.

With today’s statement by his lawyers, Okupe confirms the two contracts that have come to light but not their details, including why the contracts were never completed, or what was done with the vast sums he collected using his top-level access in the People’s Democratic Party.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/okupe-lawyers-admit-he-did-fraudulent-contracts-imo-and-benue
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by Demdem(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dpeacemaker101: Someone just comes up with some useless post on this forum and everyone starts ranting. DEMDEM, has being known for his blind and paid criticism to the present adminstration by some evil people and oppositions of this administration, who have no plans for this country. They jus want to see bombs go off and innocent people killed. And for the source of the news, SAHARA REPORTERS have been known for spreading fake news, and lies in the name of publication. So I don't see why any reasonable person should even pay attention to this post in the first place. I see all these as a cheap way of tarnishing a mans' image and creating a bad image of the presidency. The GEJ administration is doing all its best to see that the country is reformed, and if anyone can agree with me, he is achieving a lot, so let us all support the government, than sit in the comfort of our offices and homes and make unconstructive criticisms, joining the ACN and the northern monsters to make the country miserable for the people.

Foool, are u for real shocked shocked Someone willingly asked his lawyers to publicly declare that he indeed took some money to undertake some unsuccessful projects in time past and u come here to declare that we are in the business of tarnishing the dogs's image shocked shocked Na me ask am make he go public with the truth?
We have a thief on the prowl in Aso Rock and i expect the retardeen to boot him out so that his already tarnished image wont affect them. Whats difficult in that?
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by nsiadi: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
The owners of on-line fish ponds are never tired of using expired fingerlings
Await reaction from Okukpe & you will get a balance
Next spinnnn
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by joshuapharm(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
Laptop number 93 reporting. Okupe is not a thieve or crook. He just mismanage fund. It is called mismanagement. I was on phone with him just last week and he admitted it was a mistake.
Re: Okupe's Lawyers Admit Fraudulent-Contracts In Benue & Imo by cunlay007(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
ifihearam:

You are just a demented bastard,the latitude of your foolishness in beyond comprehension,instead of stating ur facts you resort to using abusive words forgeting its my field. I don't trade words with sycophants like you. Idiota

Sycophant,demented is dat all u ve got am sure u community laboured hard to raise a low Homo sapien breed like urslf,really dnt have issues wit a saw dust brain characterized by capacity lowering than 400 cc 85 cubic instead of 1400, u claim myth n ur illusion u knw wot by-product is ur end and ur waste wud only contribute more to the toxic in our soil...u might not get all the drift but stay calm & enjoy the little relevance u gain on nairaland & celebrate like ur other species do in d mangrove...never wud I reply a frenzied being like urslf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Tackle Yoruba Leaders On Autonomy / FG Investigates AI's Allegations Against Military / The 7 Nigerian States With The Worst Debt Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.