Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore (5251 Views)

Good Day, My Bmw 320i Won't Select Gears Only Go In Reverse Gear / MY GOLF 3:how Do I Maintain It? / Passat B4 Auto Gearbox No Reverse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Everfrank(m): 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
Yes. The gearbox just hang in gear 3 and doesn't select any other gear. My car is-
Volkswagen Golf 3
2006 model
Auto transmission
2.0 engine
Frontwheel drive
American spec
If I put it in Drive 1 it takes off fine. Drive 2 and 3 all respond ok but the gearbox won't select again. My mechanic is suspecting the gear brainbox cos on test driving the car, after disconnecting the gear brainbox, the performance was the same. That's to say the brainbox doesn't seem to have any effect. Pls help me out.
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Tobiizzy(m): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
Run a scan on the gear train should immediately diagnose the fault
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Everfrank(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2012
Tobiizzy: Run a scan on the gear train should immediately diagnose the fault
How and where do I do that? I live in Port Harcourt.
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by yungboss(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2012
Everfrank:
How and where do I do that? I live in Port Harcourt.
call this number, 08091913892 his name is Amadi. They'r at Oginigba, turbokinetics is the name of the workshop, they'l run a scan for you.
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Ninilowo(m): 4:39am On Aug 27, 2012
defifnitely it is the brainbox. same happened to my own golf 3 too. it is around 5k.
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2012
Everfrank: Yes. The gearbox just hang in gear 3 and doesn't select any other gear. My car is-
Volkswagen Golf 3
2006 model
Auto transmission
2.0 engine
Frontwheel drive
American spec
If I put it in Drive 1 it takes off fine. Drive 2 and 3 all respond ok but the gearbox won't select again. My mechanic is suspecting the gear brainbox cos on test driving the car, after disconnecting the gear brainbox, the performance was the same. That's to say the brainbox doesn't seem to have any effect. Pls help me out.

Bro, now you've really lost me. Your car is 2006?? The Volkswagen Golf III ran from June 1991 - August 1998. Yet you say yours is a 2006, 8 years after production ended. undecided You've either got a Volkswagen Golf III, which you've been convinced is a 2006, or a Golf IV which you've been convinced is a Golf III.

Could you post the VIN? That way I can tell you exactly what you've got.
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Everfrank(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
Siena:

Bro, now you've really lost me. Your car is 2006?? The Volkswagen Golf III ran from June 1991 - August 1998. Yet you say yours is a 2006, 8 years after production ended. undecided You've either got a Volkswagen Golf III, which you've been convinced is a 2006, or a Golf IV which you've been convinced is a Golf III.

Could you post the VIN? That way I can tell you exactly what you've got.
Its 1996. The VIN is 3VWFB81H5VM026506
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by vinmol: 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
hi same happend to me, but they change my gear oil and it started selecting well.
. Mecho told me my gear oil became too light and needed change, you can try that now
Re: Pls Help: My Golf 3 Auto Gearbox Won't Select Anymore by Ernestic: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
pls my golf3 is giving me serious troulble.my gear box wen i move goes fine,but wen 2 select it will select and go bak.pls which type of oil will i use for d gear 1993 model tanks if u help do dis

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? / Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!! / Betwen Honda Cross Tour And Toyota Venza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.