Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Describe Your Country In One Word? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Describe Your Country In One Word? (27591 Views)

10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is The Best Country In The World / Is There Any Country In Africa That Does Not Hate Nigerians / Nigeria Rated As Top Richest Country In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Yeah. 2nd year.
Good job!! Make I go read my book abeg.......
Trying so hard not to ask u private questions about ur school....lol, give me permission
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
Good job!! Make I go read my book abeg.......
Trying so hard not to ask u private questions about ur school....lol, give me permission
lol go ahead.
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by abiL(f): 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
KAI!! Big girl!! I don't hv such liberty ooo.......den no born me well not to read on Saturday, C go dey dance azonto 4 my paper....

I'll tell Maria dat u said her eye-brow na amazon forest jungle-eyebrow. U are mean ooo!

When that C is doing azonto, abeg call me make I come join am.

Busy-body, gbe bo run, oya run and tell Maria o!

What're you studying by the way?
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2012
So, Tolannnnni with a seven syllabled up handle is in med school... grin
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
@ mruknaijaboy

What's gud, g?? You've got enough e-chics on this thread, do your thing fam..
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
lol go ahead.
What med school are u going to, are u there as an international student, What do u think of someone's chances that haven't submitted their application yet for fall 2013?? If ur summer internships were all research and u never really volunteered or worked in an hospital, will this bite u in d a*ss?? How were ur interview questions??
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
abiL:

When that C is doing azonto, abeg call me make I come join am.

Busy-body, gbe bo run, oya run and tell Maria o!

What're you studying by the way?
Dual major in Computer Science & Accounting.....I'm quite done in a way

U're running ur mouth abi??!! MAAARRIAAAA!!
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:

Hmmmm.. So you also studied my course, no?

You should've told me time ago, big head..
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
shymexx:

Hmmmm.. So you also studied my course, no?

You should've told me time ago, big head..
Yes!!
I'm not crazy about coding, I'm doing it to boost my chances as an Accountant and d look on my resume...
I love database mgt...I love to think of myself as a guru in MySQL and Oracle smiley

Why would I tell u, small head!! angry
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
What med school are u going to, are u there as an international student, What do u think of someone's chances that haven't submitted their application yet for fall 2013?? If ur summer internships were all research and u never really volunteered or worked in an hospital, will this bite u in d a*ss?? How were ur interview questions??

I am currently at the University of Blank. med school as an out of state student not an international student. I think that your chances of getting admitted right now is really slim because I'm pretty sure there are thousands of students that have submitted their application really early, and thousands more like you who will be submitting it late. You see how tight of a competition that is. I think that it will all come down to what the reasearch was all about, though it would have helped a lot if you had volunteered in an hospital but if your reasearch was something that was really impressive and over-the-top it wouldnt really hurt you. The interview questions were just questions to know your true intention on why you chose to become a medical doctor e.t.c. So I think you should try it next year if you don't mind and submit your application very early as you know that its always a tight spot, with thousands of student competiting for that spot from all around the world. I wish you goodluck, with strong grades and a good MCAT score you should be fine. smiley
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by abiL(f): 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:

Quite done ko, semi finished ni. It's either you're done or you're not done. Oya comot from that device you're using to access the Internet and go back to studying.

Is Maria your saving grace? Abeg leave that girl alone o, ko lo ka iwe re.

On second thought, you can always read what you should have read today tomorrow tongue
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
Yes!!
I'm not crazy about coding, I'm doing it to boost my chances as an Accountant and d look on my resume...
I love database mgt...I love to think of myself as a guru in MySQL and Oracle smiley

Why would I tell u, small head!! angry

Database MGT is alright... I'm also not a big fan of programming(but there are platforms now that have made it easier), hence why I left it for Computer Networking and Security... Computer Security is more lucrative, anyway... Programming is too boring and there are just too many languages. I'm average in Java, but good in PHP, dhtml, MySQL, and VB...
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

I am currently at the University of Michigan med school as an out of state student not an international student. I think that your chances of getting admitted right now is really slim because I'm pretty sure there are thousands of students that have submitted their application really early, and thousands more like you will be submitting it late. You see how tight of a competition that is. I think that it will all come down to what the reasearch was all about, though it would have helped a lot if you had volunteered in an hospital but if your reasearch was something that was really impressive and over-the-top it wouldnt really hurt you. The interview questions were just questions to know your true intention on why you chose to become a medical doctor e.t.c. So I think you should try it next year if you don't mind and submit your application very early as you know that its always a tight spot, with thousands of student competiting for that spot from all around the world. I wish you goodluck, with strong grades and a good MCAT score you should be good. smiley
WOW!! Thanks jare.....

I'm not d one applying. My 'sister-friend' also bearing Motolani is d one applying. Her MCAT was 32, she tried doing the whole MD/PHD stuff but changed her mind to just med school. That's why she's a lil behind. She has submitted some but she's still in d process of submitting others. Because of her, anytime I see med student, I can't help but give them kudos. The stress is too much!!
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
abiL:

Quite done ko, semi finished ni. It's either you're done or you're not done. Oya comot from that device you're using to access the Internet and go back to studying.

Is Maria your saving grace? Abeg leave that girl alone o, ko lo ka iwe re.

On second thought, you can always read what you should have read today tomorrow tongue
Yes ma'am!!

I no sabi Maria, In shut I noticed both of u in d battle thread. I just enjoy teasing u and Idowu wiv her
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
WOW!! Thanks jare.....

I'm not d one applying. My 'sister-friend' also bearing Motolani is d one applying. Her MCAT was 32, she tried doing the whole MD/PHD stuff but changed her mind to just med school. That's why she's a lil behind. She has submitted some but she's still in d process of submitting others. Because of her, anytime I see med student, I can't help but give them kudos. The stress is too much!!

You are quite welcome.

A 32 is really good, I can tell that she must have strong grades to back it up. Your sisters friend should be fine. And Yes I know the stress is too much, but i tend to look at it as a training to become a really successful doctor, because after all we are dealing with human life so you have to be extraordinarily good to be successful in this field. I know the stress and the 3 hrs sleep will pay off in the long run. smiley
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by abiL(f): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
Yes ma'am!!

I no sabi Maria, In shut I noticed both of u in d battle thread. I just enjoy teasing u and Idowu wiv her

I know now. Shebi I called you a sh[i]t stirrer.
Me I don't mind o, NL entertains me. I have nothing against Maria, it's just fun to pick on her.

Idowu is one werey girl. I gbadun that girl too much.
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:
Dual major in Computer Science
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
shymexx:

Database MGT is alright... I'm also not a big fan of programming(but there are platforms now that have made it easier), hence why I left it for Computer Networking and Security... Computer Security is more lucrative, anyway... Programming is too boring and there are just too many languages. I'm average in Java, but good in PHP, dhtml, MySQL, and VB...
U don't hv to learn all languages though. Bear in mind, I hate networking!

There is a niche in Nigeria in regards to security. In case u're thinking of having a business, u should try going back to Nigeria and starting a security firm.
Since a lot of Nigerians are beginning to use ATM cards, the next thing would be hving transactions online. A lot of these banks and top stores/companies could make use of ur services in regards to online security.
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by abiL(f): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
Shollypopz:

There is niche in Nigeria in regards to security. In case u're thinking of having a business, u should try going back to Nigeria and starting a security firm.
Since a lot of Nigerians are beginning to use ATM cards, the next thing would be hving transactions online. A lot of these banks and top stores/companies could make use of ur services in regards to online security.

Why are you giving him hints and ideas. Don't you want the job? grin

Mr Shymexx can never go back to naija, he's gbadun-ing London life to the fullest.
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

You are quite welcome.

A 32 is really good, I can tell that she must have strong grades to back it up. Your sisters friend should be fine. And Yes I know the stress is too much, but i tend to look at it as a training to become a really successful doctor, because after all we are dealing with human life so you have to be extraordinarily good to be successful in this field. I know the stress and the 3 hrs sleep will pay off in the long run. smiley
I meant she's like a sister to me not sister's friend, lol

When u become a doctor, I hope I get free services from you. wink
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Cuddlemii: 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
smiley
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 23, 2012
Shollypopz:

There is niche in Nigeria in regards to security. In case u're thinking of having a business, u should try going back to Nigeria and starting a security firm.

I know, but you've to be good at 3/4 of the languages, and some of them are connected... For example: For VB, you've to know MySQL and ASP... For Dhtml, you've to know JavaScript, PHP, CSS, MySQL/Oracle, Jquery, XML, Ajax etc... That's how you can improve your chances of getting a job out here...

I don't think I want to live in Nigeria for now but I'm looking into organising seminars out there... And I'm also working on some E-commerce/E-Business thing for Naija - and a couple of web based computer security stuffs...
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 23, 2012
abiL:

Why are you giving him hints and ideas. Don't you want the job? grin

Mr Shymexx can never go back to naija, he's gbadun-ing London life to the fullest.

When are you going to leave the dead countryside in Sheffield and come 'gbadun' old London with me??

LDN is the greatest city!! - proud Londoner!! cool
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Blyss: 2:59am On Sep 23, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

I know this was adressed to shollypops, but i will answer it anyways. After I'm done with med school, by the grace of

God.

Humm, so you bad mouth this nation.. yet you obviously have no problem coming to partake in its superior educational standards? undecided

1 Like

Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:16am On Sep 23, 2012
Blyss:

Humm, so you bad mouth this nation.. yet you obviously have no problem coming to partake in its superior educational standards? undecided

I'm not even going to argue with you, because I know from experience that its like arguing with a rock. So you call being honest "bad mouthing"? if so then I guess I "badmouth" my country of birth then. And who said that was the reason why I came to america?, I came to america because my parents wanted me to come not because I personally wanted to come or that I had a choice/say in coming to america. My education back in Nigeria was pretty good thanks for asking, So good that when I came here I was put 2 grades ahead of other student my age. So good that I graduated from High school at 16, so don't even start talking like you know my life story when we all know you obviously don't. This is the last time I am going to reply to you on this thread, because quite frankly you are not worthy of it. undecided
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by stmarc32(m): 4:21am On Sep 23, 2012
heeeeeeggggggnorrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaant....hospitable,funny and sagacious
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 23, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

LMAO@redneckistan. grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol come on sis.
you know it's true. grin
Re: Describe Your Country In One Word? by Blyss: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
Shollypopz: Ta lobo??...who born monkey?? What hv i said that you're already crying??
Why are u talking out ur maggot infested butt??
Look @ this hungry skunk oo, calling me ignoramus....
B4 you poop on urself, Abeg read the rubbish you wrote again
You see why going to public school in a poor community in America is bad?? Just take a look at the product of such schools.....C'mon to read diligently. I got mba!
Accusing me of ignorance in a post filled with ignorance...lmao!
As i was saying, African Americans are far from being the hottest nor the smartest in the world. And the ones that are not in jail are to dumb to write a sensible comment!
Now KNOY/Blyss take your good-4-nothing AA post to another thread or better still AA forum where you can meet non thinking buffons like you

Busted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) / Oba Abiodun Oniru Is Dead! Toolz Father Dies / Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts African Ambassadors In His Palace - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.