Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Pictures From Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Niger Delta (5541 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / Babangida Aliyu Asked To Refund N3bn He Allegedly Looted From Niger / Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by Lady2(f): 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Bawss1

quite true.

Look, if the government is the only way to solving the problem, then become the government. Am sure some of u will say it's impossible with the rigging and corrupt elections. Well they were able to get into office, get in the same way. It's your land use it to the advantage of your people. Sacrifices do have to be made. Sometimes to get some good, some evil has to be done. One just has to weigh it. Would you sacrifice one for a million? But when making the sacrifice do it wisely. The violence going on now is not the effective sacrifice.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by texazzpete(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2008
Nice!
Now kindly publish pictures of Tom Polo's palatial mansion in the creeks so we can see the benefits of millitancy.

@Poster
I can easily produce more gruesome-looking photos from Edo State. i can produce ghastly photos of billowing smoke from the activities of Butchers on the Trans-Woji bridge, PH. These photos don't mean a damn thing.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by ono(m): 10:20am On Jan 31, 2008
One thing is very clear here. There are genuine agitators for the peaceful development and upgrade of the standard of living of the average Niger Delta man. And while we have hoodlums and thieves, who, by virtue of their trade in bunkering and vandalisation of pipelines terrorising both the inhabitants of the Delta and the exploiting companies, the genuine agitators are using viable channels to press home their demands.

These hoodlums, who are the direct + indirect products of OBJ's thugs and his lieutenants + puppets in the Delta , have constituted themselves into a dreadful bunch. At the moment, with the indictment of prominent army officials who aided these thieves by providing the arms with which they kill innocent people, there seems to be a lull in the activities of these hoodlums.

There's no cause for alarm. It's obvious to all peace loving people of the delta and the larger Nigeria that the injustice meted out to the Delta lands and her people needs to be adressed immediately. I personally believe in Yar'Adua to come up with viable solutions to the Niger Delta problems. And while these will take time, we can only urge Yar'Adua and his vice to hasten up the process, just the way Abuja was developed to the level it is in less than 20 years with the proceeds from oil sales.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2008
I did not see the pictures of posh areas of Port Harcourt!! what happened to those? Misery is wide spread in Nigeria.
What i actually want to hear people discuss is the environmental degradation of that area by the oil companies and their partners, the idea of putting 25% of federal oil revenue in Niger Delta alone is just a dream that will not come to pass as long as Nigeria depends heavily on Oil for it's annual budgets.

If Nigeria is an industrialised nation with a very effective tax system then i would say 25% or more of the Oil revenue pushed into Niger Delta is no big deal.

What exactly do Niger Deltans want? Electricity, good roads, modern schools, modern hospitals, industries, presidency, low income housing?

Everyother part of Nigeria wants the same damn thing because no part of Nigeria has it all, and that to me is a sign of a failed economy, are the South-Eastern states better than the South-South states economically? i want an answer to that!!

True Niger Deltans should hold their state executhieves and local leaders responsible for their ills today, tell me what cultism and thuggery has to do with the development of Niger Delta. The constant flexing of muscles by their leaders has led to the creation of many criminal gangs to terrorise their own people, because the winner of this their power tussle will control things in Niger Delta when the money starts coming in
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by ono(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2008
romeo:

True Niger Deltans should hold their state executhieves and local leaders responsible for their ills today, tell me what cultism and thuggery has to do with the development of Niger Delta. The constant flexing of muscles by their leaders has led to the creation of many criminal gangs to terrorise their own people, because the winner of this their power tussle will control things in Niger Delta when the money starts coming in

When you use the word ''today'' as above, I then begin to think if you really are sincere with your post. This is one area that's just about 20 percent in land mass of the entire country. A place where the population is just some 15 - 20% of Nigeria's population. Aren't other ethnic groups in the country thinking about how they can beat the ''Delta people to it'' with their own God-given resources? Instead of challenging the delta lands and people with their oil/gas, we hear Ogun State, a state that can hardly boast of anything in the not too distant past now have a school for oil and gas training - a replacement for the PTI in Warri. The school is a fallout of the OKLNG planned to be built in the border town between Ondo and Ogun border - Olokola.

And the OKLNG plant will be ''fuelled'' 90% by gas resources from Delta and Bayelsa States - which presently have no such plant!

Instead of developing what they have in their own lands, these other ethnic groups are so daft and not ashamed, bereft of ideas that they cannot think of anything else but to come together to milk a land foreign to theirs with impunity and wickedness. Ironically, they are the people that are well read. Some of the brightest minds in the country are with these ethnic groups. But they use their bright minds to formulate policies and laws that will perpetually impoverish the Niger Delta people, and leave them at their mercy.

They are the ones who formed the bulk of the nation's populace. And instead of harnessing that to their advantage, they use it to intimidate the minority ethnic groups in the delta by positioning themselves at the echelon of practically every parastatal that's concerned with wealth generation. They cannot think of harnessing what's in their own soil to their benefit. And while they are at it, their own elders are committing adultery with their sons wives - such that has never been heard of in the nations history. And they have the guts to accuse our leaders of corruption and theft. Their leader are the big thieves, IBB stole practically all the money realised from oil sale after the gulf war of the 90s - More than 12 billion dollars. OBJ spent 10billion US green backs on power that we cannot see, built another Hiltop Mansion at Ibara Abeokuta plus other atrocious acts all over the place. Today he's the PDP board of Trustees chairman May the tormentors of the Niger Delta people know no peace all of their days.

They are not ashamed to come out in the open to share the proceeds of the resources their fragile union has created. Nuff said before I go gaga.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2008
ono:

When you use the word ''today'' as above, I then begin to think if you really are sincere with your post. This is one area that's just about 20 percent in land mass of the entire country. A place where the population is just some 15 - 20% of Nigeria's population. Aren't other ethnic groups in the country thinking about how they can beat the ''Delta people to it'' with their own God-given resources? Instead of challenging the delta lands and people with their oil/gas, we hear Ogun State, a state that can hardly boast of anything in the not too distant past now have a school for oil and gas training - a replacement for the PTI in Warri. The school is a fallout of the OKLNG planned to be built in the border town between Ondo and Ogun border - Olokola.

And the OKLNG plant will be ''fuelled'' 90% by gas resources from Delta and Bayelsa States - which presently have no such plant!

Instead of developing what they have in their own lands, these other ethnic groups are so daft and not ashamed, bereft of ideas that they cannot think of anything else but to come together to milk a land foreign to theirs with impunity and wickedness. Ironically, they are the people that are well read. They are the ones who formed the bulk of the nation's populace. Yet they cannot think of harnessing what's in their own soil to their benefit. And while they are at it, their own elders are committing adultery with their sons wives - such that has never been heard of in the nations history. And they have the guts to accuse our leaders of corruption and theft.
May the tormentors of the Niger Delta people know no peace all of their days.

They are not ashamed to come out in the open to share the proceeds of the resources their fragile union has created. Nuff said before I go gaga.

One Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy, Oil belongs to all and if the text in bold is your idea of fair play, hmmm you need to do a rethink

THE OIL BELONGS TO THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by Gamine(f): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2008
mien

Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2008
cheesy LoL
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by henchmark: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
@Gamine
that picture is definitely not ambrose alli university, say something else.

NA WAR COLLGE ABI NA COMMAND SCHOOL, those guys don't look like graduates
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by ono(m): 7:13pm On Jan 31, 2008
romeo:

One Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy, Oil belongs to all and if the text in bold is your idea of fair play, hmmm you need to do a rethink

Is that the much you can muster? Hiding under one 'disunited' Nigeria to perpetrate evil? God help us all.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by naijaking1: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
romeo:

Behold, the most unjust statement of the century.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
ono:

Is that the much you can muster? Hiding under one 'disunited' Nigeria to perpetrate evil? God help us all.

When we were waging war against the Nigerian govt. your people were shouting "One Nigeria" and they subsequently took our properties labelling them "Abandoned Properties", now that is what i call evil

naijaking1:

Behold, the most unjust statement of the century.

You have the right to open your mouth anytime you feel like wink, When did Niger Delta ceased to be part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by folahann(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2008
I'm not surprised Romeo is a tribalist, "they" are like that; i know them very well
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by naijaking1: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2008
Oil is a federal government property because the north and the west succeeded in beating the east, dividing them amongst themselves via wedge issues like abandoned property and unfair boundary adjustments, but at the end the truth must be told.

Granted that even some niger deltans don't see the plot, but the facts remain obvious.

Even water is not a federal government property in naija.

Oil certainly wouldn't belong to federal government if it was drilled from lake Chad, Benue river or from the Lagos lagoon in the 1960s

The Igbo is more related to the Ibibio, Ijaw, and Edo then he is related to the Fulanis,Yoruba, and the Hausa. The earlier they appreciate this fact the better.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2008
folahann:

I'm not surprised Romeo is a tribalist, "they" are like that; i know them very well

Yeah because you can easily recognize people like yourself

@naijaking
keep on dreaming my brother!! Do you know that Abia state is actually part of Niger Delta? But these hypocrites never make a mention of that state each time they're shouting, to them Niger Delta =Ijawland
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by ono(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ romeo and juliet,
You just don't get me. I'm not bothered if Kano produces oil or gas, talk less of Abia. All I want is justice, regard and respect for other people, true federalism and equity for all in the country.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by naijaking1: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2008
ono:

@ romeo and juliet,
You just don't get me. I'm not bothered if Kano produces oil or gas, talk less of Abia. All I want is justice, regard and respect for other people, true federalism and equity for all in the country.

how are you going to get justice if the people ravaging your area for oil are the same people to be called upon to rule on issues of justice, even when it's against their own interest?

@romeo
A lot of places in Igbo land have commercially viable oil, ie those not carved into Cross River, Rivers, or Bendel by Justice Nasir.
The Bende, Oguta/Egbema areas have oil and the Hausa people did their best to divide these communities along oil-lines.

Unfortunately some selfish and shortsighted 'leaders of the niger delta' cheered and rejoiced as their Igbo cousins were deprived and raped, now they are the same people complaining.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by folahann(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2008
Some people are so lazy that even if they are given $1m, they will be too lazy to spend the money.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2008
ono:

@ romeo and juliet,

Now you're talking like a true Nigerian
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
naijaking1:

@romeo
A lot of places in Igbo land have commercially viable oil, ie those not carved into Cross River, Rivers, or Bendel by Justice Nasir.
The Bende, Oguta/Egbema areas have oil and the Hausa people did their best to divide these communities along oil-lines.

Unfortunately some selfish and shortsighted 'leaders of the niger delta' cheered and rejoiced as their Igbo cousins were deprived and raped, now they are the same people complaining.

Exactly my point
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by naijaking1: 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2008
folahann:

Some people are so lazy that even if they are given $1m, they will be too lazy to spend the money.

Are you aware of your false sense of ethnic/tribal superiority?
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by folahann(m): 12:00am On Feb 01, 2008
naijaking1:

Are you aware of your false sense of ethnic/tribal superiority?
How?
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by naijaking1: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2008
Who do you think would be too lazy to spend $1million? The niger deltans?
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2008
folahann:

And you have the guts to call somebody a tribalist? LoL cheesy
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by texazzpete(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2008
@naijaking
Stop being a fucking hypocrite. YOU'RE the only clear tribalist here.

The oil belongs to the federal republic of Nigeria, not the people of the South-South. in the interest of justice and development, they should get a special share of the oil cash.
but then again, that's what they are getting in terms of the 13% derivation. I support a small increase of that figure, but nowhere near the 50% they are talking about. Increasing this cash atronomically would only lead to starving the rest of Nigeria of funds while little developmemt takes place in the ND.

But then again, that's what they mean by resource control. take control of the oil and most of the profits and leave the rest of Nigeria to fend for themselves.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by cmi(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2008

The fact that the Niger Delta region that produces this revenue is one of the poorest regions in the world may be news especially to Nigerians, majority of whom, outside the Niger Delta do not know the situation on the ground. The Niger Deltans out of frustration have resolved to control their own resources (and rightly so) and they are called militants. If demanding what is rightly yours makes you a militant, then should it not be so? Imagine if this crude oil was in Northern Nigeria, will ‘Derivation’ (Resource Control) not be a major factor in revenue sharing in Nigeria.

[/b]
Do you really believe they are sincerely fighting for the people  My brother, there are cabals everywhere.  The inherent selfishness in human beings will not make them see the bigger picture - one rich man amongst a mass of impoverished people will have no peace!
[b]

I have decided, wherever possible, to pictorially present my opinions on the Nigerian situation, for a picture represents a thousand words, it graphically brings home to readers the real situation, as it is, on the ground. The real deal.

[/b]
Bros, the real deal is that we lack sincere servant leaders in our country.  Niger Delta, Northern Nigeria, Western Nigeria or Eastern Nigeria - most of our leaders are "long throat" leaders.  Only interested in self and immediate circle of friends or family.
[b]
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by folahann(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2008
romeo:

And you have the guts to call somebody a tribalist? LoL cheesy
That's what you are, I posted this in response to your posts
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
folahann:

That's what you are, I posted this in response to your posts

Talk some sense boy and let me understand you wink

what has giving me 1 mil $ got to do with the topic? are you on some cheap shit? or where refering to the Niger Deltans? that's what i thought you meant LoL cheesy
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by yewaman1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2008
It is such a pity that the delta area is not been paid the deserved attention,
the oil producing companies should be held accountable to the communities,
were they are doing business in and the government,
instead of raping the land and the women in this areas.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by romeo(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2008
yewa-man:

It is such a pity that the delta area is not been paid the deserved attention,
the oil producing companies should be held accountable to the communities,
were they are doing business in and the government,
instead of raping the land and the women in this areas.

Do the Oil companies rape women over there too? Shell go hear am ohh angry
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by naijaking1: 7:26pm On Feb 01, 2008
texazzpete:

@naijaking
Stop being a fucking hypocrite. YOU'RE the only clear tribalist here.

The oil belongs to the federal republic of Nigeria, not the people of the South-South. in the interest of justice and development, they should get a special share of the oil cash.
but then again, that's what they are getting in terms of the 13% derivation. I support a small increase of that figure, but nowhere near the 50% they are talking about. Increasing this cash atronomically would only lead to starving the rest of Nigeria of funds while little developmemt takes place in the ND.

But then again, that's what they mean by resource control. take control of the oil and most of the profits and leave the rest of Nigeria to fend for themselves.

I assume you're in TX or know about Texas, if you do, you should wonder why the oil from TX, OK, LA and other US states don't belong to the federal government.

In Nigeria, cocoa, palm kernel, groundnut, water, even air doesn't belong to the federal government. So why oil?

I tell you why, oil is the ransome Hausa and Yoruba people demand for winning the civil war against the largely Igbo East.

Like I said, some people in the ND were so short sighted to decipher the handwritting on the wall then.
The problem is not about derivation formula, there should never be derivation formular in the first place. 50% is not enough for destroying people's ancestral homes.

For people who discover oil in their ancestral farming or fishing grounds, they should make a decision as to tap the oil or not, if they do, then the federal government should collect appropriate tax as it is done the World over.

No body wants this method, because it would dislodge the decades old institutionalized corruption surrounding the oil industry.

Once again, oil is 'a federal govenment property because it's the Easterners and their neighbors who are loosing their lands to the oil, if it was in Sokoto, Kano, or Ibadan, oil would never be a federal government property.

Remember the saying about naturally just law, and politically just law. Oil as federal government property is a naturally unjust law.
Re: Pictures From Niger Delta by ono(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
naijaking,
Spot on post. I daresay you are right about the ''shortsightedness'' of the Delta people at the time. But, do you remember Isaac Boro? It was only when it became clear to him at the time, the agenda of the FG that he decided to rebel against the them. That cost him his life. We need more Boros today to fight our cause once again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cattle Sellers Clash With The Lagos Task Force / Senator Pays N2.5M Cancer Patients' Bill / VIDEO: Buhari Calls USA United Kingdom Of America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.