Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Liberian President Suspends Son From Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Liberian President Suspends Son From Office (11426 Views)

President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC / Removal Of A President From Office (impeachment) - Nigerian Constitution / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by CeaserB: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
made in nigeria: T.I.A...this is africa
Omo No Be Small Thing O! cheesy
Imagine Three Sons In Top Government Positions.
Tackling Corruption Indeed.
This Suspension Is Like The Case Of A Mother Telling Her Child; "No Chop Money For You For One Week"grin

This One Na Government Of "The Family" By "The Family" For "The Family" a.k.a "NEPOTISM"
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by mylunch: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2012
andyanders: This woman is something else. Having your children appointed to such sensitive positions goes to show the greed our African leaders display when given the power. In fact, power intosticates.
you got the word out of my mouth,these suspension thing in fact could all be arranged just to put her in good light and get ahead in her career.A thing like son don't declare,you all will be suspended,this will be good for my career.She should't have allowed her sons in government,she could recommend them for any position when out of office.Why has she opted for a suspension,why not that they have been relieved of their jobs,then she can be given a thumbs up.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by mylunch: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Interesting. I rolled my eyeballs when reading that her 3 Children are holding a vital post in Liberia but another thought told me that they may be qualified for those posts. As for the suspension, it's a brave decision. "But this African Leaders can play politics like...It may just be a planned idea between mother and son to dabo Liberian People...So, Liberians will hail their Leader as a disciplinarian, and others... Just my own naughty thought o".
FMJ!
correct,true talk.

1 Like

Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Juzzybabe(f): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
Politics na wa ooo! Dt woman is a hot thief! Suspending her son for not declarin his assets is just a way of fooling her citizens like she does all d time.look @ d positions her sons are holdin,n i tell u,unemployment holds d higest rate in liberia,poor security service is next,porverty is everywer,no development,she in her own power has made d USD d legal tender so dt she can steal as much as she wants.When will africa rise? Helen na confirm ole!!!

1 Like

Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Sealeddeal(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
President Sirleaf suspended her son because he didnt declare his assets to ANTI-CORRUPTION agency not to PUBLIC.GEJ declared his assets to CCB(NIGERI) but vowed not to declare it publicly.Nigeria constitution affirmed dat President should declare his assets to CCB not public.if GEJ declare his assets publicly,is it not against constitution? Or can some1 just do whatever dat pleases him on moral ground even when constitution is against it? I still wonder why some people will just always refuse to get understanding.Declaring assets PUBLICLY is not constitutional.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by dnawah(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
1025:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19333908

did our own president declare his assets no to talk of suspending his own son for same reason? why is nigeria not behaving like other countries of this world?
KINGDOM OF LIBERIA!!!!LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by crackhouse(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hmm, many people here are not talking abt her Son being the Deputy governor of central bank instead they are busy talking abt access declaration simply b/cos they already have in mind to criticise Nigeria govt, the asset declaration & suspension of a thing now seems to be the only basis to start from. Now, how do u justify a president making his son the deputy governor of central bank? Does that not show the level of corruption in that country called Liberia? So people should stop making negative utterances about Nigeria when doing their comparison cos Liberia cannot be compared with Nigeria in this case. Such a thing cannot happen in Nigeria in the first place. Try and applaud ur Country whenever there is need to, and don't be among the people that doesn't appreciate the govt even when they do good
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by dnawah(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
1025:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19333908

did our own president declare his assets no to talk of suspending his own son for same reason? why is nigeria not behaving like other countries of this world?
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by nsiadi: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
1025:

in which ways can u confirm/prove that jonathan actually declared his assets? for those of us doubting the declaration, how are u ready to convince us that he actually did? who signed the FOI into law and what is it all about? if the agency u mentioned pretend to have heard the declaration, how does a common nigerian be convinced of that?

You were told the right thing
Most ppl just wallow in ignorance.
They cant do any research on the simplest of things
Better be armed well enuf b4 joining them in spinning rubbish
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by geogina1234(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
dabrake:
40-man laptop squad member
go to hell, every body is entitled to his or her opinion. FOE
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by geogina1234(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=Kobojunkie]

Is there anything in that coconut your call a brain-case? The CONSTITUTION REQUIRES, for your own benefit, that all people in office declare there assets. Why should all Nigerians now declare their assets before you can require that your law be obeyed by those who you elected? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided[/quote
if you don't understand what he or she meant, then i pity you ass hole
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
She is guilty of Nepotism too.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by tijehi(f): 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
This reminds me of the Ibru family of Oceanic Bank
Mama Cecilia--------Pikin Son Oboden---------------Another Pikin Son Obaro------------------------Then the other Children (Dem full the bank and her subsidiaries that time)---The business was serious family affair. They ran things seriously, with their bunch of Psychophants.

But...Duro O
E be like say this Liberian President own pass Cecilia own O
Cecilia was a particular industry in a nation, But Sirleaf own na the NATION herself.

Liberian Apex Bank (SirLeaf pikin)
Their own NNPC (SirLeaf pikin)
National Security nko (SirLeaf pikin)

And who siddon for the national throne?
Na their Mummy naa.

Chei, The distance she take pass cecilia for thievery style is immeasurable.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by comradeoscar(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
oh Africa my Africa. thou ar cursed wit bad leaders . only prez Sirlif's sons a qualified 4 doz juicy positions. what a male president can do, a female one can do even beta. Africa, one day thou sha b freeeeeee! I rest my case.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by frankcimc(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
[/quote]This One Na Government Of "The Family" By "The Family" For "The Family" a.k.a "NEPOTISM"

This one na "Me and my household will serve our fatherland forever and ever" Patriotism indeed.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
O boy,three children how such positions?of the listed positions,the most sensible to give out to her son is the NSA cos the security of the nation must not be jeopardised,but 'NNPC' and CBN,haba!,kilode!!!
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Meddler(f): 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
What nonsense 3 of her children in strategic posts. I held her in such high regards. She knows very well that this is unacceptable. She's not different from all these dictators that were thrown out of office. She's running d country as her family business.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2112110,00.html

TIME 100: The List

By Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Wednesday, Apr. 18, 2012

Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan exemplifies the African political renaissance at a time when the people of the continent are starting to reap the fruit of their resources and their hard work. President Jonathan, 54, possesses the qualities needed at this moment of great challenges, having come to power at a crucial moment in the history of Nigeria. The country has grown out of its past of corruption, mismanagement and brutality, but the foundation of good governance is still fragile.

In two short years, President Jonathan has shown the same dexterity he demonstrated as governor of Bayelsa, the same ability to find the remedies to the many complexities of running a nascent democracy. He has spearheaded the fight against corruption and turned Nigeria into an example of good governance. He has also made a significant impact on consolidating peace and security in West Africa. From the onset of our own crisis, Liberia has benefitted from the support of Nigeria. President Jonathan not only upheld the trend but added to it. With leaders like President Jonathan, Africa is sure to move toward prosperity, freedom and dignity for all of its people.

Johnson Sirleaf is the President of Liberia

show me those who endorse you, and i will tell you who you are cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by nduchucks: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
In a wweak attempt to appear holier than thou, Madam President reveals her nepotism.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
edoyad: Chaiii!! one Family with NSA, NNPC chairman, CBN deputy governor and president(naija equivalent)? Africa will be Africa. She even only suspended him, means he'll be back to his post soon.

Abi na, na dem own Liberia now!
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by chloride6: 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
Obukoogene:
you that is writing that our president should declare his asset, have you declare yours? look the shit wey dey your ass before you look another person own or remove the plank that is in your eyes so that you will be able to see another's own grin grin grin

guy try reason with ya head. Only public office holders are mandated to declare assets.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
this is what will happen if we let aunty ngozi in - na so them dey do for world bank lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by 3RNEST(m): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Liberia(sweetland of liberty) freedom to take the goverment affairs as a family business, lol this our country is indeed sweet..btw do u knw dat Sirleaf is my mama and we run thinqs here in Liberia thinqs don't run we.. LWKMD.. ;d
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by malc619(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Billyonaire: She is guilty of Nepotism too.

Seconded...

Appointing family members to key positions shows how insecure she feels.
She should focus on building strong institutions that are reliable ‎​Άnd trustworthy.
I wonder how many other cousins, nephews, nieces etc are in other key positions in her govt..
What exactly is the problem with African leaders
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Crown128(m): 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
Somewhere in Africa a family of four is ruling and controlling a nation!
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by basmong: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
foi i blve was signed after his swearing in. is it retrospective? if b4 una get case with am. gbam.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Eziachi: 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
Obukoogene:
you that is writing that our president should declare his asset, have you declare yours? look the shit wey dey your ass before you look another person own or remove the plank that is in your eyes so that you will be able to see another's own grin grin grin
No he hasn't because he is not an elected president. No brainer there.
That Sirleaf boy must be born in a wrong country. How he wished he was born in Nigeria, he would have been promoted to the position of permanent secretary.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Theblessed(f): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
[size=18pt]Well Done Maam!

Wonder, how many Nigerian Presidents (past/present)would have done so, I wonder!

God bless you for standing against abuse of position.

Hope they start learning from you that, 'Charity begins at home' = integrity and transparency as, a Leader should be seen to lead and you have shown that example!

Long Live on that Democratic Throne, Maam!
[/size]
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Kmoni(m): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
Africans with their African mentality....... God help us....... To remove dat spirit of selfish and greed from us...... Amen.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by Debokan: 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
1025:

who did he declare his assets to? his family i guess? when Bush ended his leadership in usa, it was on record that in his 8 years as president of america, he had no house in washington. can you say that of a president whose wife is in a serious war with the wife of else president over a land in abuja?
we are talking about a public declaration which is part of the freedom of information bill(FOI) which jonathan signed into law himself.
no nigerian leader apart from the late yar adua can honestly tell nigerians all he has. i can bet my life on that.

Guy get your facts straight. Get correct information before you post.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by femary1a: 12:05am On Aug 23, 2012
edoyad: Chaiii!! one Family with NSA, NNPC chairman, CBN deputy governor and president(naija equivalent)? Africa will be Africa. She even only suspended him, means he'll be back to his post soon.
Nawa oo bros.The thing tire me oo.
Re: Liberian President Suspends Son From Office by sbeezy8: 12:12am On Aug 23, 2012
tijehi: This reminds me of the Ibru family of Oceanic Bank
Mama Cecilia--------Pikin Son Oboden---------------Another Pikin Son Obaro------------------------Then the other Children (Dem full the bank and her subsidiaries that time)---The business was serious family affair. They ran things seriously, with their bunch of Psychophants.

But...Duro O
E be like say this Liberian President own pass Cecilia own O
Cecilia was a particular industry in a nation, But Sirleaf own na the NATION herself.

Liberian Apex Bank (SirLeaf pikin)
Their own NNPC (SirLeaf pikin)
National Security nko (SirLeaf pikin)

And who siddon for the national throne?
Na their Mummy naa.

Chei, The distance she take pass cecilia for thievery style is immeasurable.

Oceanic bank was founded by the family. Nothing wrong with employing family.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Prepared For Edo Governorship Election Despite Security Reports / Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW / INEC: PDP Lauds Onochie’s Rejection, Urges Buhari Not To Re-Present Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.