Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

What Do You Think Of Marketing As A Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do You Think Of Marketing As A Course? (3701 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / Best Five Universities In Nigeria To Study Biochemistry As A Course. / Chartered Institute Of Marketing (uk) Programme Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Marketing As A Course? by Goziemiguel(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Good day fellow nlanders. I am a Student of marketing department in one of the universities in the south eastern part of nigeria.
I have heard people saying that marketing is a useless course ,that anyone can do what they do , that its as good as buying and selling, they see it as unskilled labour E.T.C.we the students face a lot of mockery by students of other dept like accountancy ,bus admin,bank fin in my faculty.But we fight back saying that we are the engine room behind a firm's sucess. Etc but I want to ask the professionals here what we really do and what intitutions and org like apcon,nimark,nim e.t.c do to uphold the importance off this field of study and profession because its rumours and hearsay like this that confuse young nigerian students in making decisions as regards to course of study .
For me I study marketing but I look up to people like bunmi okeh,segun agbaje,olusegun aganga pat utomi david oyedepo and tony elumelu so I don't let my vision be limited by my course of study because I know I can get there by building a brand but some young nigerians should oriented on this by the concerned authorities. Please add what you have on this thread so that the labours of great minds like philip kotler,prof anayo nkamnebe ,pride,Agu chigozie ,ezepue chukwuemeka and farrel will not be transferred and go in extinct.
Thanks and I will always luv all nlander let's love one another .I hope this makes front page .GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out! / Public Administration Vs Political Science / Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.