Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed (26361 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Niger Delta Militant Group Blows Up Gas Trunklines In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by oluks05: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2012
PapaBrowne: Ok so these guys are paid like 50million dollars yearly. How is that a big deal? Or should they go back to the creeks? When they were in the creeks they were earning much more. Nigeria was producing just 700,000 barrels daily. Today we have added 2 million barrels to that. Because these guys are paid 50 million doillars yearly, we are now earning approximately 200 million dollars daily which is 70 billion dollars yearly.
My brother, it is only common sense to pay them. The FG doesn't have the capacity to manage another Niger Delta crises. The country will collapse in a second if that happens again. Trust me, this era is different from 2008. In 2008, we didn't have 18,000 as minimum wage neither did we have the Boko Haram scourge!
Anything to keep them off the creeks is just fine. Trust me that figure is way below the real figures. Over 1 Billion dollars is spent to keep them off the creeks. But it is worth every penny as we can see in our improved oil earnings!
I understand ur point but have a lot of reservation. Cos jst like d report noted it sends a wrong message dat militancy offers more reward dan risk and that my friend won't pay in d long run!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ebamma(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2012
when i was saying that this so called niger delta militants are nothing but mercenaries,some people here were lambasting me,Isaac Boro and Ken saro Wiwa and the ogoni thirteen died fighting for a right cause,Asari Dokubo,Ateke tom,Government Tompolo and their allies are just criminals who were fighting for their own share of oil money
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2012
Super1759: An soo what? Even if they go home with one billon naira.
Federal gov and oil companies exploits their land with its natural resources and make the land useless with spillages. Beside as owners of the land, they should have lion share of the national cake.

Hell naw! I hope I dint heard you used the word "they"
Which " they" are you talking about? Or is this only three ppl living in the creek?

I used to be in total support of mend but I withdraw my
Support. Next president should take back all those soldiers in the down to the creek and fight and keep fighting until enternity when there will be no more oil.our soldiers life should be put where it has value to the society not northern part of Nigeria that give the govt nothing.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Demdem(m): 9:09am On Aug 23, 2012
blink182: They never fought for anyone, it was always about their pockets. I know some of these people on a very personal level. To start with, it is cheaper to pay a few than actually emancipate the niger delta.

Then the cycle continues. another set of crooks will one day spring up from no where with better tactics. Emancipation is not a day's job. it should be a constant thing and with time we all can shout hallelujah. As it is now, nothing is being done.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2012
The militant boys claim they are freedom fighters.militancy is now a big business in nigeria.any group can now be formed and claim they are militants so that the government can grant them amnesty and pay them huge amount as salaries! Just watch out for Boko Haram! They will soon be on the list of salary earners!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ebamma(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
Super1759: An soo what? Even if they go home with one billon naira.
Federal gov and oil companies exploits their land with its natural resources and make the land useless with spillages. Beside as owners of the land, they should have lion share of the national cake.
you are a fool for making such statement,are this five militant leaders the only people living in the creeks? If the were really fighting for the niger delta region,the could have told the government to instead use the billions to develop the region rather than paying them
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Abujafood: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
sbeezy8:

Hypocrite

Talking off point! What makes him a hypocrite or is it just being heard that matters to you?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by strangest(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
Shebi every state don discover oil, make dem begin enjoy their own oil, tomorrow if niger delta oil finish, I know say sokoto no go gree give dem small from their own, abegi as far as say na dem get the oil, na their property and dey have right to at least 30percent... If una vex make una go drill una own, IS IT YOUR MONEY?

3 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by mrkels(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2012
Interesting. Nigeria-A failed state. I won't waste my time insulting nigeria/militants again, its of no use, they ll keep looting and I ll keep saying rubbish on nairaland. Maybe I should join them self and live like a billionaire too. Nonesense
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by akinnux(m): 9:23am On Aug 23, 2012
Nigeria is indeed has lost it,now that our government celebrates and rewards criminality with mind boggling fund that could have been used for infrastructural development. Someone should please tell me what the law enforcement agencies (police, custom, sss, navy, army, airforce, efcc, civil defence,icpc, etc.) are been paid for.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2012
they will only waste it... if dangote or five like him were given that much,half of our youth would be employed....but dokubo n co will only waste and want more,it will be houses cars and women what more...nothing tangible,its like pouring water outta a basket
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ladyspiky: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Turns out that in Nigeria, Crime really does pay exceptionally well!

At quote, I tell u... wow! I can't believe this!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by honeric01(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2012
A government for the crooks
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by luvinhubby(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2012
The point is that this bogus colonial geo-creation called Nigeria gave rise to, encouraged and still needs this millitants to sustain it's exploitation of the regions oil resources in other to finance the existence of this falsehood called Nigeria.
Tried fighting them and lost (both men & huge oil income), & that was at the peak of oil price rise, so paying them a fraction of what you stand to loose fighting them makes a better political sense.
Moreover Nigeria cannot survive fighting BH & NDM at same time.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by drnoel: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie: Turns out that in Nigeria, Crime really does pay exceptionally well! grin

Sad as it is but that is what all these things are teaching children raised in Nigeria, I shudder from just thinking about it.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Okijajuju1(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2012
The worst is yet to come...

Militancy has not ended o!!

Its just Hibernating!!

The moment a non-PDP government takes over and squashes the Amnesty Programme.. These repentant Militants are gonna backslide right back into the creeks..

You can take a militant out of the creeks, but you cant take the creeks out of the militant...

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by bigboy3: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2012
PapaBrowne: Ok so these guys are paid like 50million dollars yearly. How is that a big deal? Or should they go back to the creeks? When they were in the creeks they were earning much more. Nigeria was producing just 700,000 barrels daily. Today we have added 2 million barrels to that. Because these guys are paid 50 million doillars yearly, we are now earning approximately 200 million dollars daily which is 70 billion dollars yearly.
My brother, it is only common sense to pay them. The FG doesn't have the capacity to manage another Niger Delta crises. The country will collapse in a second if that happens again. Trust me, this era is different from 2008. In 2008, we didn't have 18,000 as minimum wage neither did we have the Boko Haram scourge!
Anything to keep them off the creeks is just fine. Trust me that figure is way below the real figures. Over 1 Billion dollars is spent to keep them off the creeks. But it is worth every penny as we can see in our improved oil earnings!

make all of us dey carry gun dey threaten the peace of the nation be that, this my job no pay again o....but on a serious note your piece is interesting but i dont support your line of thought, in as much as it looks like the easy thing to do, it is not the ideal solution unfortunately. If our government keeps shying away and handling issues by bribing instead of trully addressing the fundamental problems and empowering them, then we can justify what Boko Haram is doing and get them paid too. This things don't end, they are quiet now because their brother is in charge, wait till the power shifts.....I fear for naija
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by luvinhubby(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2012
strangest: Shebi every state don discover oil, make dem begin enjoy their own oil, tomorrow if niger delta oil finish, I know say sokoto no go gree give dem small from their own, abegi as far as say na dem get the oil, na their property and dey have right to at least 30percent... If una vex make una go drill una own, IS IT YOUR MONEY?
j
SECONDED!!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Joey82(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2012
It beats my imagination that inspite of all these spendings, the delta still complains about marginalisation. Looking at how much is spent in compensation one would think these monies should by all means reach the hands of the poor fishermen whose land is explored daily but no, their leaders are way too selfish including the so called youth agitators.
13% of what is explored in and offshore goes to the region even though on a good day it is supposed to be 13% of what is explored in shore alone, cos the ocean is a national cover and it does not belong to the delta.
another 5% is earmarked for the delta development commission making it 18%, if u calculate what 18% is of what is explored, i tell u, the figures can be eye popping and u imagine while a state like bayelsa is still where it is with just 8 local govts and a little land mass to show.
Its high time we begin to hold these governors accountable. Most of them have no reason to be borrowing money.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2012
naija - pimper's paradise: that's all she is now . . . undecided
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by strangest(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2012
If una vex make una go drill una own oil, tell government to come and sell it, pollute una land and also since you are saints also tell the government make dem no give una anything... People wey get the oil no suppose dey enjoy, una be winchi?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Super1759: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2012
Omen100:

A compound fool is what you are, what land are you talking about? angry are they the only people from that locality "fool" angry. what about the women who have have lost their husband's, son's & even daughter's? grin. Do you know how many friends have have lost as a result of some persons selfish goal? grin these are the some set of people that claimed to be fighting for the interest of niger-deltan's but time has made us understand that they are only fighting an Ijaw fight using niger-delta degradation as their course of fighting. its obvious that crime pays.
ehmmm. Mister man, this why I don't like argument. Children that don't know anything. Was MEND killing people or kidnapping? MEND neva had intensions of killing, if they did. OBJ forced their hands on it. They are freedom fighters and not bomb agents like your brothers in the north. OBJ sent soldiers to "shoot at sight" and it worsen the case. Go and read your books,perewinkle
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by drlaykay(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2012
Demdem: These MEND foools told us they were fighting for the emancipation of the Niger-delta however recent events has revealed that they were indeed fighting for the emancipation of their pockets. Actually, nothing is wrong in fighting for ones pockets but when one remembers that innocent lives were lost in achieving these selfish desires of theirs, one is forced to call for justice on behalf of families that lost loved one as a results of these foools acts.

The ND region still needs to be emancipated. The vast majority of the people are suffering and there hasnt been any real efforts by the govts to help them till date. Amnesty money is simply going to crooks. Amnesty to me is a fraud and its not in anyway solving the problems of the Niger-delta.
Nice talk bro.
That's the main reason am against a divided Nigeria.because the same people(who re intersted in their pocket only)will stil be the ones in power in every teritory.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Super1759: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2012
ebamma: you are a fool for making such statement,are this five militant leaders the only people living in the creeks? If the were really fighting for the niger delta region,the could have told the government to instead use the billions to develop the region rather than paying them
am not a fool.I know what am saying. Without this guys. MEND wouldn't have been where they are. NIGER delta wouldn't have had the freedom to their right. Tackle issue constructively and not distructively
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by sheyguy: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2012
So it was an Ijaw thing all along, we are already seeing how a divided Nigeria will turn out along the Oil Axis. All the phony SS/SE alliance we see regularly on NL are definitely mirages. All the wild wild west-is-the-problem-of-Nigeria rant from land-of-the-rising-sun are gradually proving tn be wrong.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Agiliti(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Sealeddeal(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2012
Its not government problem not to have fought the militancy or to have granted them amnesty.its just government problem to have created an environment where somethings(violence) of this nature thrives.Nigeria govt failed in developing nigerians and have inadvertently fueled violence in many forms.the big question is,do u think dat govt could have fought and defeated Niger delta militancy by now? Do u think dat the recorded height in oil exploration is not direct implication of reduction of militancy operation in niger delta? Knowing fully dat many of the 21st century insurgency have not been defeated by any nation,why dnt u think dat amnesty granted to niger delta militant was right step?the militancy in niger delta was equally being fueled by foreing country who gave them military support in exchange of oil,so du think dat by now dat nigeria will still be producing oil?this kind of issue existed back then in Los angelis in USA and their Mayor offered them amnesty to drop their gun in exchange of some dollars.but recently,US has been able to put themselves in order and as such,they no longer negotiate for such incidence because they are sure they have provided for their people and have as well sedured their territory.Nigeria will continue to negotiate with criminals until they put their house in order to the extent of guareteeing optimal security to her citizen.Dats equally,the same reason why i am always of the opinion dat govt should negotiate with BH.because if the violence lingers,people will continue to die,money will continue to be wasted in security/property,Econony will continue to decline and those hoping to get may not get one while those who already have but in a crisis ridden region will continue to be threatened to the extent of losing their job.nigeria have not put appropriate security environment to prevent insurgence or tackle violence.So,i support the amnesty given the niger delta militant.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by kaeto(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2012
sbeezy8:

Hypocrite
ur papa
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Super1759: 10:11am On Aug 23, 2012
When I saw this news. It didn move me. House of rep are looting, senators are looting, governors are looting, village heads and councillors are looting,yahooboys are looting, ministers and commissioners are looting, bokoharam are looting. Why won't MEND loot?

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by bigdoo: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2012
Well, we can all see that the only way the majority of us (common, ignored and marginalised people) can ever get the government to listen and give us our own rightful share of our national cake is by total revolution by the masses. If not, it will continue to be business as usual till the end of the world. The rich in Nigeria will continue to get richer while the poor masses suffer and die suffering.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Babaji111(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2012
Hopeless government cry
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by CastleandGreen: 10:18am On Aug 23, 2012
We just have to live with it Nigerians, because before this boys came into the scene
the past leaders refuse to listen to their cry now they have decided to do the
fighting themselves everyone is crying foul. the worst thing to happen to
this country is another phase of militancy activity in Niger Delta region, this
the economy of this country will sink.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Restructure — Bola Tinubu / "EFCC Turns A Blind Eye At Tinubu But Arrest Yahoo Boys" - Reno Omokri / Reno Omokri Raises N1.2m For Uchechukwu Ukaepu, Onitsha Fire Outbreak Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.