Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed (26357 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Niger Delta Militant Group Blows Up Gas Trunklines In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by sbeezy8: 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
my first cousin worked under udughan for his campaign hes now in ogun state his mother state, so obviously not alot is poppin in many areas in niger delta
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Eziachi: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:

But we Southerners claim that when northerners rule, they find a way of awarding road contracts and developmental projects to themselves.

In addition to the derivation of the Niger Delta, A Special money is also being given to militants.

If after Jonathans regime, the Life of the Niger Deltan has still not improved then who is to blame
I agreed one hundred percent on every single point you made. What I was saying is this: Nigeria is structured in such away that looks like their might likely be no Nigeria tomorrow, so going into government meant grabbing as much as you can for yourself and your people, just in case. Jonathan is just following the already existed trend, buoyed by the concept that the majority of the source of cash came from their land. What the heck!
Next time a northerner goes in there, the reverse will be the case, while the south will start ranting once again.
A revolving door to no end, I call it.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by dayokanu(m): 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^ I understand what you are saying and Its just sad.

Boyloaf, Tompolo, Asari would become billionaires but what of the ordinary man on the street of Yenagoa, Warri and Ogoni land what would he hang on to later.

If This govt build a 3rd mainland type bridge, Good road, water supply and other amenities can not be taken from them for life
While a new govt might even put those Asari and co in Jail an take the wealth from them a la Ibori

All the money Arthur Nzeribe, Arisekola, Mamman Kontagora made from IBB don dey finish but its the 3rd mainland bridge, Abuja-Kaduna road etc that last

We Southerners have no right to complain about Northerner if after OBJ and GEJ rule, they cant improve the lives of their own people

2 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ifihearam: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2012
diluminati:
sir permit me to say you are an ETERNAL FOOL.

Someone made his points and you couldn't make any yet you had the effrontery to call him a fool,do you think. This is te romance section where you open your filthy mouth in an illogical manne?? I don't need anyone to tell me that you lack parental care and good upbringing at thesame time the latitude of your stupidity and foolishness is beyond measure and comprehension. You must be a typical idiot that insults her parents @ home. Bloody foool.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Demdem(m): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2012
Eziachi:
You can hardly blame them, as no one knew about basic amenities in the creeks when others had been siphoning the same money for close to 46 years and now its their turn, we are telling them about being reasonable. It doesn't work like that.
Wait until its the turn of the Igbos proper, if ever, that is.

I perfectly understand ur point of view hoever i hope u are not insinuating that during these 46yrs of plundering, there where no ND collaborators that made these plundering successful. No matter how few compared to the owners of Nigeria, They were surely there.
Its good to say that the plundering was done by others and themselves to the detriment of the majority inhabitants.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Demdem(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2012
confusion247:
You've said it all. The choice is ours, give them the money and have unlimited access to the oil or withhold the money and no access to the oil.

It doesnt work that way. In order to achieve that, we all need to discuss and re-negotiate our basis of being together. Lagos for instance will claim if that is the case give me all that comes from the Port, either air or sea. Am sure other regions will claim something no matter how little it may be instead of everything first going to the center.

I for one will like us to go back to regionalism as as the case in the first republic. An SNC is needed to discuss issues like this. NASS isnt even empowered to discuss such.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by jpphilips(m): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
PapaBrowne: Ok so these guys are paid like 50million dollars yearly. How is that a big deal? Or should they go back to the creeks? When they were in the creeks they were earning much more. Nigeria was producing just 700,000 barrels daily. Today we have added 2 million barrels to that. Because these guys are paid 50 million doillars yearly, we are now earning approximately 200 million dollars daily which is 70 billion dollars yearly.
My brother, it is only common sense to pay them. The FG doesn't have the capacity to manage another Niger Delta crises. The country will collapse in a second if that happens again. Trust me, this era is different from 2008. In 2008, we didn't have 18,000 as minimum wage neither did we have the Boko Haram scourge!
Anything to keep them off the creeks is just fine. Trust me that figure is way below the real figures. Over 1 Billion dollars is spent to keep them off the creeks. But it is worth every penny as we can see in our improved oil earnings!

was it what they killed women and children for?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Demdem:

Of cos they will. Its a matter of time. Another criminous group will spring up for no where for the same marginalisation reason. The enviroment is still miserable than before. it would have been better if all these funds are spent on the enviroment as regards infrastructures instead of going to personal hands.
pple ahbeg, 'criminous' dey dictionary?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
alexdidi: pple ahbeg, 'criminous' dey dictionary?

Yes.

www.thefreedictionary.com/Criminous
encyclopedia ? Criminous. Also found in: Legal, 0.01 sec. Crim´i`nous (kr?m´?-n?s). a. 1. Criminal; involving great crime or grave charges; very wicked; heinous.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Mandelaguy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
Saharareporters again! This smear campaign will never stop,but shaking ibanga!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by PointB: 1:17am On Aug 25, 2012
Carry on my cousins from the creek. How is this different from the heist perpetrated by SW shortly after the civil war when they stole Nigeria asset in the name of Indigenization Policy of 1972.

Truth be told, we can never agree on anything superficially in this cesspit, unless it is at an SNC. Grab as much as you like guys, tomorrow may never come!

And as some have raised concerned that those militants were not the only people affected by the exploitation, permit me then to suggest that all creek dwellers, fishermen, and indeed indigenes of oil producing states should be paid a monthly stipend by Federal Government. The producers must enjoy the money, enough of developing Abuja with oil money at their detriment. Funny country!

1 Like

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by stpat1(m): 2:01am On Aug 25, 2012
How much is that compared to how much is stolen with pens?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Lamasta(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2012
slap1: Jonathan is a BIG FOOL, if this is true. He went to school without shoes and graduated without brains. ID.IO.T.
Its a pity that people like you have being brainwashed by sentiments and Hypocrisy but the Niger Delta militant deserves more than that package compare to what the politicians steal without doing anything only representing their families, GEJ is not the one that gave them the contract but Yar'adua so before you start insulting him know whats on ground ok.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by dBard: 11:23am On Aug 25, 2012
so does dat make it right? it's criminal t pay criminals t stop dem committin crimes i.m.o
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by keletex2000(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
slap1: Jonathan is a BIG FOOL, if this is true. He went to school without shoes and graduated without brains. ID.IO.T.
. ..and what are you? Wise?... Compound fool of the highest degree. Mtsheeeeeeh..
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Akilokazeem(m): 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
If terorist are paid such amount of money,then what does the fg expect the civillians to do.....cant they arrest this people and put them were they beloung instead of compesating them.......nawaooooo
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Akilokazeem(m): 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2012
Thatz the militant are the ones that control nigeria cuz they can deciede what they want any day and they will be given....cant the fg arrest them?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Johndoe100(m): 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
Akilo kazeem: If terorist are paid such amount of money,then what does the fg expect the civillians to do.....cant they arrest this people and put them were they beloung instead of compesating them.......nawaooooo

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Or were you born stuupid? WHO TOLD YOU THEY ARE CRIMINALS? I know you are Yoruba and that predisposes you to mental retardation, but try and ask from more rational people before you open your mouth.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ACM10: 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2012
I'm not surprised that there are preponderance of Yoruba posters on this thread. The same folks that praised the subsidy scam artists like Otedola turns around to deride the militants. The oil is drilled from their land. They will be left to suffer the consequences of environmental degradation when oil dries up. So why wont they benefit from the natural resources God blessed them with? Proceeds from the oil lifted from their territory is used to develop your cities, create employment for your youths. So what's the fuss? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Why should you raise an eyebrow, when your politicians steals a larger amount?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by mpumalanga: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2012
Dangote,Otedola and Jimoh are all products of government patronage and i don't see why
people are making noise because of small change given to Chief Dokubo or Chief Godwin.
GEAJ GCFR, should try and create more billionaires from SS,SE and MB that will make it in Forbes list
so that there will be federal character in the list of billionaires.

When did nigeria become a country where hard work pays?tell me what all those that have oil well
did to deserve it and i will tell you that ASARI and others deserve more.Instead of wasting
time on people that got less of what they deserve,we should start looking at the tribal composition
of nupeng and pegasan to know if the tribes in niger delta are represented properly and if not,
the freedom fighters must look into that.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by jpphilips(m): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2012
Sealeddeal: Its not government problem not to have fought the militancy or to have granted them amnesty.its just government problem to have created an environment where somethings(violence) of this nature thrives.Nigeria govt failed in developing nigerians and have inadvertently fueled violence in many forms.the big question is,do u think dat govt could have fought and defeated Niger delta militancy by now? Do u think dat the recorded height in oil exploration is not direct implication of reduction of militancy operation in niger delta? Knowing fully dat many of the 21st century insurgency have not been defeated by any nation,why dnt u think dat amnesty granted to niger delta militant was right step?the militancy in niger delta was equally being fueled by foreing country who gave them military support in exchange of oil,so du think dat by now dat nigeria will still be producing oil?this kind of issue existed back then in Los angelis in USA and their Mayor offered them amnesty to drop their gun in exchange of some dollars.but recently,US has been able to put themselves in order and as such,they no longer negotiate for such incidence because they are sure they have provided for their people and have as well sedured their territory.Nigeria will continue to negotiate with criminals until they put their house in order to the extent of guareteeing optimal security to her citizen.Dats equally,the same reason why i am always of the opinion dat govt should negotiate with BH.because if the violence lingers,people will continue to die,money will continue to be wasted in security/property,Econony will continue to decline and those hoping to get may not get one while those who already have but in a crisis ridden region will continue to be threatened to the extent of losing their job.nigeria have not put appropriate security environment to prevent insurgence or tackle violence.So,i support the amnesty given the niger delta militant.

your post sounds reasonable but i will like you to address these fundamental issues;

the reason every Niger deltan supported the militants was on the premise they are fighting for their common interest.
believe me, most of those attacks will be far from successful without the support of the indegenes who believed the Govt ignored them, as such will get back at the Govt through their militia.

ok, is it justified that only less than a microscopic few are benefiting from the environmental degradations and other inherent risks of oil exploration in a whole region? where is equality and social justice? was it not the same antics of the Northerners while still in military Govt that created a financial chasm?
dividing the economy between an extremely wealthy right and extremely poor left? if not for the doggedness of the southerners who decided to do things for themselves void of Govt support, Nigeria as a whole could have been made up of just elitist wealthy and Almajiri poor.

we are talking about paying an individual over $22m monthly at the expense of a whole region, that money is enough to train, fund and equip a standard terrorist organization.

do you know why any issue concerning Jonathan gets Asari talking? from the fuel subsidy port harcourt rally, to the verbose comments on his impeachment? simple, they are building an army and it is only a matter of time before it blows up.
where did ordinary Asari summon the impetus to threaten the whole country on National TV? there is an unseen army/militia behind those statements.

people like jonathan are the next political God fathers of this nation, Nigeria will be at their mercy, very soon, they will form a political party or movement and heavens help us if they loose any election, it will be catastrophic for this nation.

imagine where a dumb skull like joboy is the political brain of Nigeria, which direction do you think Nigeria will be headed?

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2012
This is when one knows Nigeria is being run by fucktards!

This is how a federal government, the GOVERNMENT of the nation, is putting money into the hands on criminal minded and mentally unbalanced (in the case of Asari) individuals.

Before you know it, this people are wealthy enough to distabilise the nation or their region.

Bloody FOOOOOOLS running the country!

Also, I am sure there is no cretin calling himself militant that controls up to 4000 men. That is BS! If they control that much men, then it should even be easier for the government to bring them down because there can hardly be much bonding or loyalty in the group and government can bribe insiders. Maybe at best 300 men that they control, so if you divide the sums being dished out by the number of men, the criminals are making a killing.

Thirdly I am sure the governemnt officials agreed to pay then such sums to loot themselves. I am sure they have agreed with the criminals to take about 30% of the sum before passing the money over, then the gang leaders take maybe 60% and share between themselves before passing 10% to the bottom of the chain to share.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Lamasta(m): 10:23am On Sep 29, 2012
dejustice: Who owns Sahara Reporters.
How come the are simply Anti-Government?
They don't ever report any good about the Government.
Once, I see Sahara Reporter, I can easily predict that, their report must be about bringing the government down?
How true are most of their report and is this what true Journalism is all about?
Thanks to Political Platform Ray Power, this morning on the subject matter and what true Journalism represent.
O boy not only anti government but also enemy of the government but you see don't blame them na freedom of speech and information give them power
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Default01: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
Niger deltans hav proved 2 nigerians dat it is there oil and wealth.do u knw hw much crude nija is exportin nw compared 2 let say 2009
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by joeyarticles: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2016
The issues of the Naija Delta will never be resolved if the government continue to give stipend to selected persons in the region, others will always want there own and such militancy in the region will continue, just like we have the Naija Delta Avengers, May God help Nigeria. Check out my blog [url]prestnaija.com[/url] and my project blog [url]prestarticles.com[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Security Chiefs Meet With President Jonathan (Photos) / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Governor Ikpeazu (Photos) / "EFCC Turns A Blind Eye At Tinubu But Arrest Yahoo Boys" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.