Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,208 members, 7,953,767 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed (26608 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Niger Delta Militant Group Blows Up Gas Trunklines In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by kaeto(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2012
sbeezy8:

Hypocrite
NO! Diplomat.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Dollarman101: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2012
The last time I checked, Andrew YAKUBU, the NNPC MD said oil production and export had hit an all time high of over 2 million barrels per day.
There are no more cuts in production nor blowing up of pipelines resulting in shutting down of production by oil companies.
SPDC has not declared force majure for a long time now.
Oil revenue from exports has peaked enabling proper funding for the budget.
If these payments to the very sons of the soil which lays these golden oil is what is required to achieve this feat then so be it.
It doesnt come close to the amount embezzled daily by the oil cabal.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by miredia(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2012
There's absolutely no justifiable reason to applaud crime by reimbursing the sheer act of criminality rather you remain undeterred in combating it. U simply would be inciting new breeds with this kind of financial overindulgence. It is an irresponsible form of governance. Pampering criminals in itself is a crime, without being subtle about my opinion, any functional and sane government will stay unrestrained in fighting crime as opposed to cuddling it.

3 Likes

Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie: Turns out that in Nigeria, Crime really does pay exceptionally well! grin
sooooooo on point grin grin grin grin
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by mrrock: 10:38am On Aug 23, 2012
I think some of Nigerians should once reason with our heads. The government knows it's not perfect but they must make that difficult choice to pay Asari and co.
Do you prefare Nigeria losing Billions of dollars daily?. Or do you prefere giving few thousands to former warlord to maximize crude output?.
The government know it's a hard choice but they have to do what they have to do.
Even the western countries you all look up to do also make deal with their opposition, when and if that's the only option.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2012
Dollarman101: The last time I checked, Andrew YAKUBU, the NNPC MD said oil production and export had hit an all time high of over 2 million barrels per day.
There are no more cuts in production nor blowing up of pipelines resulting in shutting down of production by oil companies.
SPDC has not declared force majure for a long time now.
Oil revenue from exports has peaked enabling proper funding for the budget.
If these payments to the very sons of the soil which lays these golden oil is what is required to achieve this feat then so be it.
It doesnt come close to the amount embezzled daily by the oil cabal.

Should it go the "sons of the soil" or the ordinary people themselves?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2012
How does this affect the price of crude oil in the market.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by miredia(m): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2012
mrrock: I think some of Nigerians should once reason with our heads. The government knows it's not perfect but they must make that difficult choice to pay Asari and co.
Do you prefare Nigeria losing Billions of dollars daily?. Or do you prefere giving few thousands to former warlord to maximize crude output?.
The government know it's a hard choice but they have to do what they have to do.
Even the western countries you all look up to do also make deal with their opposition, when and if that's the only option.
. There is no option in embracing crime sir. There is everything fundamentally wrong with that. Failure is imminent with such applications
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by phildon: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2012
taharqa: Shee some of u guys have been saying that Amnesty was the signature(some say ONLY) achievement of the Yar'adua's regime? Oya na, see achievement ni!!...by the way, why is it paining some people sef? Who get the Oil in question? Abi those ppl who own more than 90% of the oil wells in another man's backyard get 10 heads? So if the argument is not about the Appropriateness(or otherwise) of the Amnesty itself and how we "negotiate" differences in this country, I dont see why anybody should be disturbing him/her self. Compared to others these monies small jor
So, the Niger-Delta is made up of Asari dokubo, Ateke Tom and Tompolo. Chai! Oya go take your merecine.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Arnold1(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2012

Here is the article directly from the Wall Street Journal
[size=11pt][/size]

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304019404577420160886588518.html
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Arnold1(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2012
Quick questions:

1.What usually happens when you are given money you did not earn? (Remember, it is better to teach a man how to fish rather than ...)

2.What will happen when GEJ leaves office?

3.Isn't this setting precedent for Boko Haram and the likes?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Dollarman101: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2012
HNosegbe:

Should it go the "sons of the soil" or the ordinary people themselves?
Both the sons of the soil and ordinary people.
The revenue generated from the peace and stability prevalent in the Niger Delta is for the benefit of us all.
It means increased funding for the FG budget generally.
It means increased statutory allocation for lagos state govt to work.
It means increased 13 % derivation for Akpabio to continue his transformation of Akwa Ibom
It means increased funding for NDDC and all their schorlaships and interventionist programmes no matter how small.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by bigboy3: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2012
Super1759: ehmmm. Mister man, this why I don't like argument. Children that don't know anything. Was MEND killing people or kidnapping? MEND neva had intensions of killing, if they did. OBJ forced their hands on it. They are freedom fighters and not bomb agents like your brothers in the north. OBJ sent soldiers to "shoot at sight" and it worsen the case. Go and read your books,perewinkle

You are obviously a compound fool....as in listen to yourself
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by lacasa: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2012
Omo, cheesy

Nah ϯo create my own crime syndicate remain oo grin

i gotta get paid cool
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by opoke(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2012
Asari must hear this o!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by DExplorer1: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2012
berem: The militant boys claim they are freedom fighters.militancy is now a big business in nigeria.any group can now be formed and claim they are militants so that the government can grant them amnesty and pay them huge amount as salaries! Just watch out for Boko Haram! They will soon be on the list of salary earners!
Bokoharam will never be on pay-slot. There's a clear difference between what prompted the emergence of MEND and Bokoharam. Comparing both is an outright taboo!
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by redsun(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Una no know before?Gej himself os a reformed warlord.They are not representing the people,but their greedy and short sighted selves.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2012
Who owns Sahara Reporters.
How come the are simply Anti-Government?
They don't ever report any good about the Government.
Once, I see Sahara Reporter, I can easily predict that, their report must be about bringing the government down?
How true are most of their report and is this what true Journalism is all about?
Thanks to Political Platform Ray Power, this morning on the subject matter and what true Journalism represent.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by redsun(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2012
D-Explorer:

Bokoharam will never be on pay-slot. There's a clear difference between what prompted the emergence of MEND and Bokoharam. Comparing both is an outright taboo!

It is quite obvious now that both dissident groups nothing rogues.Though with varied mentalities,but they are just as hopeless,backward and destructive as nigerian politician.

They are what they are,"nigerian"
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by DExplorer1: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2012
It's pathetic to see some dudes come out here looking so plucky with absolute rubbish as content to be viewed by logical minds. The wistful years of the Niger Delta people remains the most horrific in the history of human-right. MEND came up with a plan, they had a cause to fight for and whatever means the turbulence was settled made it curbed. Maybe i need some lectures here, how do you silence an hungry man if not engaging him reasonably. Whether the amnesty is seen as fraud or not, it's answering to several questions. It's a pity that too many people spewing tosh here were once sympathisers of the Niger-Delta people and if MEND was the means they earn what they deserve then why are we expert in mass distribution of diatribe content. I won't go the ranting way, i refuse to contest in the norm of epistle challenge. The reason they deserve whatsoever they're getting now is well justified and whether anyone likes it or not, he sure doesn't give a damn! Cheers.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Dejiro(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2012
This news or its semblance does not bother me, what bothers me is the fact that there are Nigerians who are insisting we only treat the symptoms of what is wrong with this country and not the substance.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Boboedom: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
I don't personally see the big deal in the payments and especially about referring to the payments as huge. For instance, work out the payment of Asare's $9m for his 4000 men per annum. It comes to something like N360k per person per annum. In my opinion that is not too much price to pay for the peace and security we have in the Niger delta and indeed in the country which has translated to very high production level in our crude. Perhaps the Wall's street jounal would have preferred to see such contract for the protection of oil pipelines being awarded to American companies.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Guyman02: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
If only the Northern militants aka Boko Haram will ask for salaries and stop blowing up churches and Nigerians so many lives would not have been lost senselessly. The difference is that while the Niger Delta militants want there rewards here on earth the Northern militants are interested in the number of virgins that they will be rewarded with in the hereafter.
I would rather pay a militant than keep the money and have suicide bombers roaming about.... It is only the living that knows the value of money.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by jamil2(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Super1759: When I saw this news. It didn move me. House of rep are looting, senators are looting, governors are looting, village heads and councillors are looting,yahooboys are looting, ministers and commissioners are looting, bokoharam are looting. Why won't MEND loot?
And you include yourself not among the looters aren't you capable to loot or you haven't get the right or your standard seems to be too slim to occupy the same seats with your patners in crime? You made no sense pls when next you are commenting do it positively ok.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
D-Explorer:
It's pathetic to see some dudes come out here looking so plucky with absolute rubbish as content to be viewed by logical minds. The wistful years of the Niger Delta people remains the most horrific in the history of human-right. MEND came up with a plan, they had a cause to fight for and whatever means the turbulence was settled made it curbed. Maybe i need some lectures here, how do you silence an hungry man if not engaging him reasonably. Whether the amnesty is seen as fraud or not, it's answering to several questions. It's a pity that too many people spewing tosh here were once sympathisers of the Niger-Delta people and if MEND was the means they earn what they deserve then why are we expert in mass distribution of diatribe content. I won't go the ranting way, i refuse to contest in the norm of epistle challenge. The reason they deserve whatsoever they're getting now is well justified and whether anyone likes it or not, he sure doesn't give a damn! Cheers.

What fcking plan?Just like the the plan of a typical nigerian politician like gej,to have a share of the loot,aka,"national cake".
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by GAR3TH(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
This is the exact reason why you never negotiate with terrorist!!!! The government should have Blitzkrieg them out of the niger delta and then created a security net so that no future oil bunkering occurs. But instead of spending those millions on the Niger delta people who really need it the government spends it on some militants. Just proves that nigeria's federal government is a complete joke.

And to those trying to justify this act I hope you burn in hell. Your government basically screwed you and yet you have the stup!dity to defend them. People like you are what is wrong with Nigeria....how can you justify $22 million dollar yearly salary to one militant warlord...
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
PapaBrowne: Ok so these guys are paid like 50million dollars yearly. How is that a big deal? Or should they go back to the creeks? When they were in the creeks they were earning much more. Nigeria was producing just 700,000 barrels daily. Today we have added 2 million barrels to that. Because these guys are paid 50 million doillars yearly, we are now earning approximately 200 million dollars daily which is 70 billion dollars yearly.
My brother, it is only common sense to pay them. The FG doesn't have the capacity to manage another Niger Delta crises. The country will collapse in a second if that happens again. Trust me, this era is different from 2008. In 2008, we didn't have 18,000 as minimum wage neither did we have the Boko Haram scourge!
Anything to keep them off the creeks is just fine. Trust me that figure is way below the real figures. Over 1 Billion dollars is spent to keep them off the creeks. But it is worth every penny as we can see in our improved oil earnings!
sir permit me to say you are an ETERNAL FOOL.
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by cheddarking(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
D-Explorer:
how do you silence an hungry man if not engaging him reasonably. Whether the amnesty is seen as fraud or not, it's answering to several questions.

The reason they deserve whatsoever they're getting now is well justified and whether anyone likes it or not, he sure doesn't give a damn! Cheers.

I didnt know that bribery now amounts to 'reasonable engagement'.

From a pragmatic point of view, paying these warlords is a viable short-term solution to keep the infrastructure running.

But going as far as saying that Tompolo and Co. DESERVE these payments is tantamount to declaring your Stup1ty to the public.

By your logic, Boko Haram DESERVE compensation for all their members killed or incacerated so far...

...Yeah I though so too...
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by cheddarking(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Boboedom: I don't personally see the big deal in the payments and especially about referring to the payments as huge.
For instance, work out the payment of Asare's $9m for his 4000 men per annum. It comes to something like N360k per person per annum. In my opinion that is not too much price to pay for the peace and security we have in the Niger delta

and indeed in the country which has translated to very high production level in our crude. Perhaps the Wall's street jounal would have preferred to see such contract for the protection of oil pipelines being awarded to American companies.

Ignoring your ridiculous assumption that Asari Dokubo shares his largesse equally with his fellow brigands....

Isnt this a case of chucking cash at the problem and hoping it would go away?
Are you suggesting that the only way to ensure national security is to bribe people to NOT commit crimes?

Are you suggesting that I should get paid by GEJ so I dont come back to Nigeria to blow your ass up?

Are you well?
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ldpele(m): 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
sbeezy8:

Hypocrite
And u are wat? smh
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by DExplorer1: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
redsun:

What fcking plan?Just like the the plan of a typical nigerian politician like gej,to have a share of the loot,aka,"national cake".
The modus-operandi of this freedom fighters was innocent. For the records, MEND was never violent at genesis. The government made them more radical. They turned militants when the government took their silence for charity. You should be aware of the clean-sweep, needless to lay emphasis on that. MEND never attacked the ordinary people, they selected those that could voiced their cause and launched at them and those were the oil dealers and government reps. My friend, that was a clear statement to any reasonable government. If the now President, comes up with a plan to respond to yearnings of the people like he did, is that your defination of fcking plan? If yes, then you probably should have been a victim of mass elimination
Re: Salaries Of Niger-delta Militant Warlords Revealed by ldpele(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Omen100:

A compound fool is what you are, what land are you talking about? angry are they the only people from that locality "fool" angry. what about the women who have have lost their husband's, son's & even daughter's? grin. Do you know how many friends have have lost as a result of some persons selfish goal? grin these are the some set of people that claimed to be fighting for the interest of niger-deltan's but time has made us understand that they are only fighting an Ijaw fight using niger-delta degradation as their course of fighting. its obvious that crime pays.
u jst show to us dat u r the beta fool,so whr av all dis money been gng to? d women or children u claim to b beneficairies of all this fund. its collect currency and it must surely flow to them,indirectly or directly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi, Others Float New Party / Eid Mubarak: Jonathan Celebrates With Muslims, Some Nigerians React(screenshots) / I'll Go House To House To Chase People Out For February 5th Protest' - Man Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.