Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

"God Is In Control": Obama Gets Really Religious In New Interview - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Is In Control": Obama Gets Really Religious In New Interview (668 Views)

To The Unfazed 7,000: God Is (still) In Control / Ebola Outbreak, God Is In Control / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"God Is In Control": Obama Gets Really Religious In New Interview by danwo: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
[size=16pt]"God is in control": Obama gets really religious in new interview [/size]
(with the election a little over two months away)

Not renowned for openly discussing his religious beliefs, President Obama has taken the opportunity in an interview with the Washington National Cathedral magazine to declare that at the end of the day, 'God is in control.'

Used to a skeptical public doubting the strength of his Christian faith, the president reaffirmed his belief in God just as the election campaign enters its most critical months.

'First and foremost, my Christian faith gives me a perspective and security that I don’t think I would have otherwise: that I am loved. That, at the end of the day, God is in control,' said Mr. Obama

'From slavery to the suffrage movement to civil rights, faith — and the moral obligations that derive from our faith — have always helped us to navigate some of our greatest moral challenges with a recognition that there’s something bigger than ourselves: we have obligations that extend beyond our own self-interest.'

President Obama also addressed the ongoing ignorance over his faith, including the belief among some in the U.S. that he is Muslim.

'You know, there's not much I can do about it,' said the president.

'I have a job to do as president, and that does not involve convincing folks that my faith in Jesus is legitimate and real.

'I do my best to live out my faith, and to stay in the Word, and to make my life look more like His.

'What I can do is just keep on following Him, and serve others—trying to make folks’ lives a little better using this humbling position that I hold
.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191840/Obama-gets-really-religious-new-interview-election-little-months-away.html#ixzz24ISOQv7t

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Bitterness / Shout Amen To This, Christians And Muslims. / Why Do God Send Jesus To Eath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.