Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nigerian Woman Writes To Melinda Gates: We Don't Need Your Contraception--- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Woman Writes To Melinda Gates: We Don't Need Your Contraception--- (851 Views)

I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Writes To Melinda Gates: We Don't Need Your Contraception--- by uhuns: 10:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
$4.6 billion dollars can indeed be your legacy to Africa and other poor parts of the world. But let it be a legacy that leads life, love and laughter into the world in need.

I see this $4.6 billion buying us misery. I see it buying us unfaithful husbands. I see it buying us streets devoid of the innocent chatter of children. I see it buying us disease and untimely death. I see it buying us a retirement without the tender loving care of our children. Please Melinda, listen to the heart-felt cry of an African woman and mercifully channel your funds to pay for what we REALLY need.

CHESAPEAKE, VA. (Catholic Online) - This letter,offered below, was written by Obianuju Ekeocha, a 32-year-old Nigerian woman. For the past six years she has been living and working as a biomedical scientist in Canterbury, England. Most of her family and many friends still live in Nigeria.

She is active in her parish and says she is grateful to God for the graces she receives as she serves the Church.

She praises Catholic radio in America, specifically the programs of Teresa Tomeo and Al Kresta, for keeping her "informed and inspired in all the things that 'matter most,'" and for providing her with a Catholic world view.

She said she was inspired to write an open letter to Melinda Gates after learning of Gates' move to inject $4.6 billion worth of contraceptive drugs and devices into her homeland.

"The worst part is that no one in Africa (meaning the average African woman or man) knows that Melinda is about to bequeath us her 'legacy' which can and most probably will stifle love and life in our continent," she said.

She is hoping Melinda Gates will hear her "as the voice of the African woman."

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=47264
Re: Nigerian Woman Writes To Melinda Gates: We Don't Need Your Contraception--- by uhuns: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
WHY DO YOU WANT TO REDUCE OUR SIZE-----------NA YOUR PROBLEM----------OR NA SATANIC CONTROL

(1) (Reply)

Chasing The Beast. / Any Names Associated With Atheists? / How Chrislam Demoralizes People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.