Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,652 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (36992 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Controversy Over WAEC Best Candidate - Tolulope Vs Christianah Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Ejine(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2012
Double post. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by solgee(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2012
vivacious vivi:

Thank you for been such a model example of how good parenting should be done. This case shouldn't be taken at face value. It takes a whole lot for any one - be it an adolescent or an adult to attempt suicide. Practically all suicidal cases are performed by people who suffer from deep emotional, physiological trauma. We hav no idea what they went through within their domestic settings or among their peers. Such people r hurting deeply inside. Unfortunately, if parents or gaurdians do not notice and try to act upon various tell-tale signs when their kids r going thru various phases of depression, then suicide rates may continue to increase.

Its extremely unfortunate when an individual feels that snuffing their life is probably d best way out. It causes nothing but more grief to all who they left behind. May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Gozzzy(m): 9:23am On Aug 23, 2012
na their biz b dat! Did it lead to d capture of bh leader?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2012
Stupid children,i wrote waec 5 times b4 i pass and now i'm i d uni.U have to fall b4 u learn how 2 walk.

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Okijajuju1(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2012
WHO TO BLAME?!

BLAME THE GOVERNMENT AND NIGERIANS: We have placed so much emphasis on Univeristy and higher institutional education that many Nigerians feel like sub human without a degree..

If these girls saw hope in learning a Vocational skill, they would not have been so demoralized as to take their own lives..

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2012
the rate of suicide in present Nigeria indicates the prevailing state of hopelessness our young people feel...and the fact that the support system has broken down.God heal Nigeria
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by yuzedo: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec g.c.e and 4 waec neco exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i no almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc
Bro i believe your story. . Cos your written English is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ejiné: Choi! Oga, you don turn to real Grandmaster o! Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle must be green with envy lol! grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kayusfity: Thank God our population is reducing....NEXT!!!!!!!!
There are many retard(e)d cretins on NL, but i think you have to be the greatest oaf of all! You are the spawn of disgust personified! A cross between corrosion and abrasion! A hybrid of Fo.ol and more fo.ol! Gosh, your existence irritates me! *spits*
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Kay17: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2012
They are young ppl without counselling or advice on how to cope with pressure. To them failing WAEC crashes their world. Don't judge others on their own experiences

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2012
yuzedo:
Bro i believe your story. . Cos your written English is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There are many retard(e)d cretins on NL, but i think you have to be the greatest oaf of all! You are the spawn of disgust personified! A cross between corrosion and abrasion! A hybrid of Fo.ol and more fo.ol! Gosh, your existence irritates me! *spits*
Don't insult him, afteral he makes 90k as salary every month. How many people make that much?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by miredia(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec g.c.e and 4 waec neco exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i no almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc
Now this is the perfect definition of resilience.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by pembisco(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2012
Hm! Soon evn pastors wl stat comitin suicide ovr tithe d way i see tins goin...
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Super1759: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2012
" customer the customer, finally you don't wana do biz with us again? We miss you,no be small"...waec board

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Navalsadiq(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2012
HOW UNFORTUNATE!THEY TOOK THEIR LIVES OUT OF IGNORANCE.LIFE IT SELF IS NOT FAIR TO HUMANITY.MAY THEIR GENTLE SOULS REST IN THE BOSSOM OF THE ALMIGHTY
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by akyus(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2012
talk true: Its a pity but waec need to be rebrand. They are really frustrating people.
Do you mean they need to rebrand and start giving 5 bonus credits, English and Maths inclusive to every candidate that sits for their exams.
Why blame the examination bodies, when students no longer study but prepare just to pass exams? Reserve the next blame for NECO.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by ANYPEN(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2012
If its true they committed suicide for failing WAEC, they must be well derailed & people trained with a very wrong orientation to life. If appropriate actions aren't taken soon, more teenagers in that society will engage in this very lame act.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Abambi: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Those children Head no correct @all shocked
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by leixinai: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Is good they did this for wa
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]

Welcome guy and nice to meet youec than year one results. Fools
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by munaco: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2012
A times I ask myself questions what kind of people are we or most Nigerians? Are Nigerian's people without compassion, pity n remorse? Here are kids that took their lives due to the society we live in and most of us are saying unimaginable things or do we clap for those that encouraged these kids to carry on their sucide mission. If you know what bullying is, I believe u will pity our kids. If you have ever been in their shoes, i bet you will understand. A country that dooes not have counselling and support systems for her kids/youths. Let me tell you our youths are vulnerable, as we have vulnerable adults in the society such we see as well where this kids are.

Secondly, lets grow up and stop blaming our ills or developed nations like America, or movies and technology cos I strongly believe that are these are not a contributing factor. May be most of us can handle this cos we are adults, due to experience, maturity, knowledge of the word of God but what of kids?

I think Nigerian's as people or a socitey does not kow what depresion is or what it can do to a person? Please, can we read online articles or google it, cos I personally think it will throw more light to us and we stop judging our fellow citizens the way we do.

In short, my heart is bleeding for mydear country Nigeria, which way are e going? Though nothing on earth will justify what they did but I hope we will hear le of all these ills in our society if we have functional support sytem for people of all ages.

3 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Redhot111(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2012
Truth be told, suicide does not jst happened. There demons dat kip pushing 1 in2 it. Yet dat spirit livs d moment its bcoms 2 late 2 stop. i.e wen death is jst a few seconds away frm d victim. But if dia spiritual lives were addressed, it wld not hv happened dis way. RIP 2 dem anyway

1 Like

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Babamide(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2012
Too many young people committing suicide. What has gone wrong. Nigerians are a people that find ways round their problems not allowing the problem to terminate them.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by BOAproperties: 9:40am On Aug 23, 2012
What makes the difference btw suicide bombmer and these students killing their selves becos of ordinary waec result did not favour them,well is an indication of ends time.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by RoselynDavid: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2012
just 3time. Yet comited suside. Wot wil den hapen 2 me dat have writen 6time. Hmmm. I guess dey are tired of d world so dey decided 2 go nd rest. Farewell ladies..
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2012
Pls NLs let's not joke over this or blame this kids or even support their actions. WAEC is always like dis some of us lyk me cleared it once wif As n Bs but look around u ppl still write n rewrite I will say its not much of an intelligence determinant but also a thing of luck ppl should start learning hw to pray n be hopeful eliminating fear of failure. Success sometimes comes wif some failed attempts ppl should knw dat.
As for d girls first I accuse their family n their religion if they have any. Some families are gud at building fear n insults on kids dat fails. Their chuches did not inform them dat suicide is a one way business class ticket to HELL aint pp scared of HELL anymore? God help us n help other young Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2012
[quote author=munaco]A times I ask myself questions what kind of people are we or most Nigerians? Are Nigerian's people without compassion, pity n remorse?

reading some posts years ago..here on naira land i was aghast at the selfishness and cruel attitude of Nigerians and then looking around
i realised that the reason why the average Nigerian is the way he is and always sorrunds himself with noise,noise in the car,loud songs ,noise at home,noise at weekends in churches and bars is because most of them run away from introspection and never ever get to find and deal with their fears and inner demons...that makes them turn into very superficial and shallow people...most Nigerians have no depth, empathy and retrospect...

2 Likes

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by agaz08(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2012
may God forgive them of their sin.person wey no go sch no make am 4 life?.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by CrazyMan(m): 9:45am On Aug 23, 2012
So sad.

The government ought to have programs that would counsel young people on things like this. But its a pity that our government is so busy embezzling money that they care so little for the common Nigerian.

Its a pity.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by darmylolah(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2012
Kayusfity: Thank God our population is reducing....NEXT!!!!!!!!
U r such a fool...whoz next...na u now!!!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by freecocoa(f): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2012
Oboy you get power o,so upon being customer to this exam bodies for years, them still no fit give you "let my people go" waec wucked sha.

But seriously i laugh you small sha when i read your story,kudos bro grin
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2012
#MORE TO COME.

Seriously? WTF? Suicide? Man, that's harsh.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by dacool1(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
ebamma: the are running away from writing waec again,but the forgot that as it is done on earth so is it in heaven,the will still write their next waec in heaven,goodluck to them over there
grin
ebamma: the are running away from writing waec again,but the forgot that as it is done on earth so is it in heaven,the will still write their next waec in heaven,goodluck to them over there
lmfao
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by freecocoa(f): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
Too bad.

I pity them,who knows what really happened? Chei.sad
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by greatgod2012(f): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
its definately unfortunate, but d whole blame shouldn't go to d failed student, what about their parent, is dir parent like chaircover's who assured his son not to feel depressed if d result is unfavourable, who assure dir son dt dy love him in all circumstances or d ones dt threatens dt if dy dont make d result, dy should better commit suicide dn tellin them.
What abt d society dy are, i.e dis our xtry, where dre is so much emphasis on certficate,where those who are not university graduates are looked down on.
What abt d peer pressure, may be dy are d yet-to-gain admisson among dir peers and those ones are already forming class.
So many things can be d cause, it is we parents dt has a lot of work on dis children,let us encourage/counsel dm always, lets always assure dm of our love in all circumstances. Lets always remind them that its only when dre is life dt dre can be hope. May God help us all,and to d students dt committed suicide,i say RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University Agriculture Umudike Admission 2013/2014 / Ayomide Adeoye Enrolled Into Avi-cenna International School, G.R.A, Ikeja / Sunday Igoho Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.