Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (36979 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Controversy Over WAEC Best Candidate - Tolulope Vs Christianah Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by oluseye5(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Chanchit: I knew this kind of news would still come, thats how some secondary sch students kill themselves because of silly waec result instead of waiting to kill themselves after graduating frm university and remaining jobless for yrs...
Thats how one of them started a thread last week, that he/she feels like committing suicide, cos of one paper, i adviced her to take hypo or DD force, maybe she's one of them..
.......i know u trying to be sraight but u becomin judgemental they made their mistake and it caused them their life.....i will one day tell my story on #land so student will know failing waec is the least of educational predicament
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Ademo2: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
y shld 1 kil his or her self just because of waec,its stupidity nd notin more
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by rreally: 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva: Why have Nigerians become suicidal. It wasn't always like this.
too much of foreign moves
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Bluemoon1(f): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Its possible their parents threatened them...Some things parents say to children out of annoyance can push the child to do something silly. but this one is way out of line sha
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by HisMajesty1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Lucky gurl: It's high tym people learn 2 get up one more time than they have fallen down.
Its very easy for you to say now! Though i don't support this their action atall, but you don't have an idea what it is when a person has reached the highest stage of depression and suicide seems the only answer.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by ochallo: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
We have no power to prevent ourselves being born: but we can rectify this error - for it is sometimes an error.

-Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

I don't think suicide is so terrible; in fact, I find it quite vital. Everybody should choose life every day. Some rainy winter Sundays when there's a little boredom, you should always carry a gun -- not to shoot yourself, but to know exactly that you're always making a choice. It's a small cure against anguish, and if the cure fails and you kill and free yourself, it's okay because the world is overpopulated anyway.

Lina Wertmuller (b.1929)
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by angeldebra: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
*shocked*... Wrote waec 11tyms.. Omg!!
Wit d level of 2go,fbk,twitter nd d rest social ntwrks..hw dem go pass..its ‎​§☺ un4tunate dt dey re Nơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω̲̮ in hell... Cos of waec.. Must evry1 go to a uni? There re tailorin institutes,mechanic workshops,hair dressin shops evrywhr... Na wa o!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by ochallo: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
talk true: Its a pity but waec need to be rebrand. They are really frustrating people.

I marked WAEC last year,but i couldnt this year because i was not in the country at that time. There is nothing wrong with WAEC, the questions are very standard and they improve them each year, that is the only reason while some Nigerians are able to do well in other countries, when they go. The level of education and seriousness in Nigeria is what is falling, and waec is making their exams stricter. The level of Education in Nigeria is really terrible. last year when i marked , the highest in the maths theory was 29 % from a northern centre, and it was even very obvious that they all copied , yet they still scored very low. They are obviously going to get F9 parallel in that centre. one even wrote a letter to the marker and complained that the reason they could not answer the questions is because they had a very long break.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Goldenheart(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
welcome to hell gurls !!!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Dubemkelly(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
U become a failure,wen u fall down nd gives up rising.....They took deir lives outta nufin,datz totally pathetic, Wats WAEC? Dat one can allow 2 claim one's life....No matter how da storm is,always believe it must calm down
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Presius(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
alienware: I started writting waec and neco since 2000, i passed my waec and neco in 2011 after writting it for 11 times i used my result from secondary sch to gain admission into the university in 2005 but to remedy english before i could go for nysc, i graduated 2009 and luckily i got 8 credit in both neco & waec in 2011 and i thank God am done with nysc. I didnt really feel any pain my dad is a principal and the state keeps giving opportunity for reg so he always slot my name for both waec and neco. I wrote 11 neco and 11 waec exams and 6 waec G.c.e and 4 neco G.c.e exams. Now i dey predict waec & neco exams, i know almost all the minerals resou...., lakes, deltas, mountains, dams, strait, latitude and longitude, farming in africa and almost every in their geography exams. hahahahaha. my result yakpa on top my ward robe for house,rat dey even chop some because of pending, withheld, cancelled, 6 A's english D7, 4 B's chemistry E8, etc , etc
JESUS! Guy abeg check yourself or go meet PROPHET T.B JOSHUA. You even get mind post am
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Presius(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
What do you expect. After the strong expo and all the cash them still fail. LOL
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by ichieakpo(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
every time people died because of there ignorance we tell dem rest in peace it suppose 2 be rest in pieces . Fools tongue
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Fiawest(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
....Nt surprised they failed....it shows when they FAIL to live....idiota.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by femi4: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
ebamma: the are running away from writing waec again,but the forgot that as it is done on earth so is it in heaven,the will still write their next waec in heaven,goodluck to them over there
God's will and not waec
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by drejunior: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
mimicue: Rubbish they will be committing suicide they won't consider their parents at all.. Why would u commit suicide becos u failed 3 tyms this same exam some peeps av written it 7 tyms same wiv jamb .. They shldnt av given up.. and our economy is part of the cause of this kinda tins.. God help us sha RIP to them
. Causes of suicide is not failure is fustration ,​WξŊ ​U̶̲̥̅̊'r pple will say don't ever fail dis tym
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by mamiel: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
DonHummer: Wats up wit al dis suicide ....see wetin too nmuch american movies de cause

Honestly @donhummer, u're just on point. It's d effect of too mch american movie, cos no mata wat a true nigerian mentality wil neva contemplate suicide. I think we, as society, mst raise our voice to discourage dis foriegn mentality
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Zhul001(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
nairaland keeps me alife .....i dnt have any comment on this issue....but i must confess...that i love nairaland,nairaland posts s...hows that nigerian youth are not dullard.....peaaaaccee nairalanders
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Sanguine77(m): 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
talk true: Its a pity but waec need to be rebrand. They are really frustrating people.

Did you write and pass Waec?
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by goody202(m): 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
Just 3 times....what about Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle?he neva commited sucide and he is still ready to write next year....
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by dking123: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
geeez: There's more to this story than meets the eye

i believe you, let the police investigate well
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by udohsifon(m): 3:00am On Aug 24, 2012
R.i.p. to dem....e no easy my pple.but they shudnt av done it that way.:-(
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by aiibee(f): 3:02am On Aug 24, 2012
chaircover: This is so sad.

My son is picking up his GCSE results today. He has very high hopes on what his result will be but and my husband and I still called him this morning and told him that whatever his results are, he is still our son, we love him and there are always other options even if he doesn't get what he expected.

At the end of the day, these are kids and are still learning the ups and downs that life throws at us and as parents we need to be there for them until they are old enough & mature enough to be able to deal with these knocks.

God bless you!
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2012
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Spy360(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2012
Osama10: So they value waec than their lives.
na so o
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Spy360(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2012
Free ticket to hell. They are very stupid for taking their lifes. I wrote waec 4 times before gaining admission into the university, now am a graduate.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Modula(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2012
make i no watin cos am
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by Malubi(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2012
mimicue: Rubbish they will be committing suicide they won't consider their parents at all.. Why would u commit suicide becos u failed 3 tyms this same exam some peeps av written it 7 tyms same wiv jamb .. They shldnt av given up.. and our economy is part of the cause of this kinda tins.. God help us sha RIP to them
U ar ryt but contact me i have good news for you.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by sunnypiano: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2012
those students were not seriour.i sat for WACE ten time but on the tenth one, i passed.and today glory be to God,i have two degrees and currently running my master in Unilag. in life, We need to be patient,workhard and prayerful.
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by freecocoa(f): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2012
chaircover:

Amen and you too.

BTW Glory be to Almighty God, he did very well. it was A's galore.
I'm happy for him,seriously i hope to be just like you when i grow up.smiley
Re: 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure by GODSLOVE2(f): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2012
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......GOD HELP US,,,,JUST BECOS OF WAEC,,,TRULY THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS,,BECOS THE BIBLE THE RIGHTEOUS FALL SEVEN TIMES AND RISE SEVEN TIMES,,,,,,,,,U CANT THANK GOD ENUF IF U DONT HAVE THOSE FALLS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Top Reasons Why Some Girls Go Into Campus Runs. My Experience / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) / JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.