Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. (15905 Views)

Wives Of Alaafin Of Oyo Take A Selfie Together / Adeyeye Ogunwusi Visits Alaafin Of Oyo / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. by amor4ce(m): 1:35am On Sep 04, 2012
Mọndiana (Madayana in Hausa) in Mesopotamia is where Oduduwa migrated from and where Lamurudu (son of Cush) reigned amongst the Assyrians (Hausa). In the Book of Jasher or Jubilees (I have to confirm) it is recorded that the Assyrians let Lamurudu be their leader. These same extra-Biblical sources make mention of a commotion that took place in that region following which Abraham had to leave for Canaan where ELA appeared to him. Prior to his arrival at Canaan, ELA had spoken to (not appeared) him in Mesopotamia and en route Canaan. Furthermore, the migration was at the instruction of ELA and the attempt to punish Abraham for destroying Lamurudu’s idols. Interestingly, oral and parallel Yoruba accounts have it that Oduduwa left Mondiana for Ile-Ife after a commotion in the land during which he was accused of not practicing the state religion. Also, he met ELA for the first time since birth, presumably face-to-face, on arrival at Ile-Ife. The inclusion of Mohammed into the Oduduwa migration story is the result of Islamic feedback which has been used to erode the actual recollections of Yoruba history. This is seen in the absurd insertion of Islam and Mohammed that came unto the scene some 2,000 years after the reign of Lamurudu, into the accounts. Likewise, the presence of oyinbo impostors in North Africa and the Middle East with obviously different phenotypes would have confused some of our recent ancestors who would have come to the conclusion that our people never migrated therefrom. Sadly, there are many people who have information and the natural gift/talent/insight to contribute to discussions such as this but for Christo-Islamic mental interference which makes them hesitant.

If you say “Nineveh” = “Ine Iveh”, what about the first “N” in the former? If your hypothesis is correct, perhaps the first set Shem’s descendants, including Asshur (Hausa) after whom the formerly mighty Assyrian empire is named, settled in Mesopotamia around or in Nineveh before spreading. Likewise the point of initial settlement by the ‘Dabiri’ of a community could be regarded as their Ile-Ife, and an instance of this is the spread of the Awori from the 2 spots where the plate they used as a beacon sank. Thus there could be several Ile-Ifes for several peoples but one pre- and post-deluge Ile-Ife.

The original tongue, though still spoken by the original people, has been presented to the world in a distorted/relexified form by Amorite (oyinbo) impostors who imported Yiddish and Slavic vocabulary (http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/29/science/scholars-debate-roots-of-yiddish-migration-of-jews.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm). Consequently, the study and evolution of anthropology in the academia has deliberate fraud as its foundation, and there will be glaring conflicts in theories by black Africans ‘put forward to tackle ''ORIGIN OF LANGUAGE & TRIBE''’ as long as we continue to rely on the oyinbo tools (including religious) of falsehood. Another instance of the use of religion by the oyinbo to commit fraud is the imposition of the warship of ‘Serapis Cristus’ in ancient Egypt.

ayobase, do you have links to the author you referred to? I could not find his name online.
Re: OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. by DuduNegro: 3:07am On Sep 04, 2012
Amor4ce,

Two things.....1, Ile Ife and Nineveh. Work the consonantal substitutiins the other way and you get Nilefeh or even Lilefeh The starting N is a variation or dialect in tjhe tongue. 2, the myth of Ife as chronicled in sacred-text.com .

If you read the narrative its an account of a journey taken in celestial and as well in a terrestrial realm. It talks about leaving a home of joyful memory and crossing a desolate desert to the edge of a divide between a familiar terrain and that of a dark and unfamiliar danger. There is a sense of remorse and self probing to find a meaning for such a harsh treatment and coldness by the ruler of the world left behind. This is a terrestrial account but in that experience they bore fortitude and consoled their wary spirits in the message of their creator.......drawing similarity in their own outcome and that of Adam in the garden and reassuring themaelves of a bright beginning promised in Oduduwa bloodline, the line of a priest-king and father of a nation.

The posession by Oduduwa of both the bag of wisdom and covenant of kingahip is a cryptic .......that is the order of Melchizedek. In fact this story concluded that Oduduwa sank into the ground and turned into stone. That is code word for sovereingty.. The story is the official account given by Ooni of Ife and his Araba. The author observwd that some of the Yoruba terms used by the Araba were so ancient that the interpreter could not understand it.

If Ooni of Ile Ife and his Araba say Yorubas are migrants across the desert, I can care less what any scholar or professor of language or their tools and methods say to disclaim the fact. Linguists are not the authority of who i am or where my ancestral origin is, the Ooni and Araba of Ife have spoken .
Re: OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. by DuduNegro: 3:31am On Sep 04, 2012
I got kicked out accidentaly.....

I agree completely that there are two Ile Ifes but neither one is before the deluge. The differentiator is their marker on the timeline of Yoruba experience. For the Yoruba an ancient Ife existed and the customs and traditions of that pre-existence was supplanted with their foothold in a new Ile Ife. For their kith and kin left behind in Nineveh, there will only be one Ile Ife..

Some of the dynastic rulers of mothern day Nineveh are negroid in their ownphysical apperance.
Re: OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. by amor4ce(m): 3:56am On Sep 04, 2012
It has been a while since I went through the narratives at sacred-texts.com. I'll try to read them thoroughly this time around. Also, I have some old newspaper cutouts of Yoruba history but I want to search for them online.
Have you heard of the Orimiyan Festival in Ogute-Emai?
Did you see the thread where some people thought they were mocking us by comparing Oduduwa to Lucifer?
Re: OONI, ALAAFIN, KABIYESI ........ Decoding Their Meaning And Origin. by PAPAAFRICA: 2:29am On Apr 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no it is obvious that todays generation ashamed of their culture and religions are trying to find similarities with Arab religions due to their slave mentality. .
This, it's very saddening sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Im gay, Im not mixed, I steal peoples pics online because I cant get girls. / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. / 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.