Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Men of God Or Gods Of Men? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men of God Or Gods Of Men? (13312 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by swipe(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Confirmbabe: @ fellow Christians somtyms i wonder if som of us respect our religion, hv u eva seen a muslim condemin d acts of a mallam, sheikh or imam dat ws involvd in a shady deal on social netwrks? Jst lik we hv fake pastors, we also hv fake muslim clerics bt dey dnt discuss diers. May God help us.

Sometimes i wonder how some of us argue. just because other religions do not criticize their erring clerics Christians shouldn't? SMH. Remember, when Jesus Christ criticized the pharisees and the religious leaders of the synagogue he usually worship.
Jesus Christ rightly mentioned it in the bible that a time will come when many will come in his name, deceiving many, and a great multitude will follow them. By their fruit you shall know them. shine your eyes

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by UnknownMember: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Subscribing.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
A lot of Christians follow their Heros and not GOD.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by saintneo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Now, I believe.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by PrinceJustice(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
Years ago People complained that these "men of God" are very poor: how can they claim to be "men of God" and can't boast of a good shoe or cloth.
TODAY, God has blessed these "men of God" financially and otherwise; and People are still complaining!
Nigerians and their mouth! God have mercy!
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
Prince Justice: Years ago People complained that these "men of God" are very poor: how can they claim to be "men of God" and can't boast of a good shoe or cloth.
TODAY, God has blessed these "men of God" financially and otherwise; and People are still complaining!
Nigerians and their mouth! God have mercy!

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

2 Likes

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by tavon(m): 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
It is only in poor countries religion exists in multitude hence u see these theiving men of god living off the desperation of the religious masses.

Any man who praises these foolish men of god is a complete fool

2 Likes

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by PrinceJustice(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
It's a Pity...
Most Christians today give glory to their pastors instead of God. They Revere the Pastor(s) more than the God who called and is working through them!
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Emusan(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
ooman: [size=15pt]GODS OF MEN[/size]

Gods does not really exist

Must you comment? Afterall you don't have concrete evidence of your believe.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Confirmbabe(f): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=swipe]

Sometimes i wonder how some of us argue. just because other religions do not criticize their erring clerics Christians shouldn't? SMH. Remember, when Jesus Christ criticized the pharisees and the religious leaders of the synagogue he usually worship.
Jesus Christ rightly mentioned it in the bible that a time will come when many will come in his name, deceiving many, and a great multitude will follow them. By their fruit you shall know them. shine your eyes [/quote
Read my post well b4 u bite me, i didn't ask u not to criticize. I said stp stop dscussin ur shady pastors on social netwrks. Ur critisms will nt stop dem, it will only make u luk lik a dumb fellow 2 d muslim faithfuls. Nobody holy pass.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by PrinceJustice(m): 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
frosbel:

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10
That's it!
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
For Christians to deny financial support to gospel ministers is to cheat them of their rightful wages. Since these ministers are God's chosen spokesmen, to cheat them is also to rob God, and no one can rob him with impunity
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by adahib: 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
solidbroda: When Karl Marx talked about Alienation, he talked about religion. he said Man made religion at the benefit of the few to the detriment of many, especially the poor. as a poor person, religion will make you to have the feeling that some bigger person (God) cares. but most people never knew that they have been brainwashed.
the first thing that should strike any sane human being is that, why are their so many religion, christian, islam, buddah etc, that alone should point out that religion is a sham, a scam and fraud.

bros you make brain.
Can't remember his name but I can't forget what he said " I've traveled to many lands where I have seen different people who lay claim to having found the one true god.are they all correct or are they all wrong? personally,I prefer not to believe any of them"

so whether they are men of god or gods of men,it is nothing I should lose sleep over.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by smlafolabi(m): 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
May God increase the boldness of the writer one things is certain the gods of men and their master will all suffer for eternity in Hades.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by abbeyfx2(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
Confirmbabe: @ fellow Christians somtyms i wonder if som of us respect our religion, hv u eva seen a muslim condemin d acts of a mallam, sheikh or imam dat ws involvd in a shady deal on social netwrks? Jst lik we hv fake pastors, we also hv fake muslim clerics bt dey dnt discuss diers. May God help us.

Let me help you with that sis. Islam has called ppl to be slaves for their god. Christianity is calling ppl to be sons and daughters of God. So, children can complain slaves aint supposed to. They just follow orders, and see with the eyes of mallam leaders(no offences tho)
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
They say. show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.

Most Nigerians go to church to seek financial redemption. For all the wrong reasons: To show off material stuffs and all that; to cast out enemies without repenting; fake girls disguise as christian sisters, just to find husband,etc.

Ephesians 6:12 - We fight not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places.

Jesus warned in Mathew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The essence is to be Christlike. To imbibe christian values in you. To eat the fruit of the Holy Spirit and grow.

God said, 'Thou shall not use the name of God in vain'.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by alosnika: 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
manmustwac: Like the poster said you will never see a nigerian pastor in the mould of Reverend Martin Luther King who fought against racism and descrimination for the rights of the oppressed african americans. Where were all our church leaders when they were needed during the oil subsidy demonstrations? Apart from being absent all they did was to tell the masses to fast & pray which is = NOTHING!

What have you guys been doing to Pastor Tunde Bakare? You guys call him all sort of names....Now you want a man of God!!!
Human beings!!! We dont need all the pastors, we need just one in the like of Tunde Bakare and we all need to support and rally around such a man.
But in Nigeria, I trust my fellow countrymen, they will say he should go and sit down jor, na lie him dey lie, na thief etc....

Until that day we all change the way we see and perceive things, until that day we are ready to sacrifice our today for our tomorrow, nothing will change!!!

2 Likes

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Parisbee5(m): 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] Pastor Tunbe Bakare stands out.....

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
It will only be a matter of time before this revolt goes offline full-time and mega churches crumble.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
I was agreeing with the article until i came to the last part of it where the author made an exception.

Except a few true religious leaders like Bishop Akinola, Nigeria has majorly a group of money-seeking, fame-obsessed jet-flying fellows who like intimidating the rest of us with the bogus title, “Men of God”!

He just spoiled the whole article with that. That's the problem i have with some Nigerians. If and when a revolution that requires that bad politicians be killed. The same people that have been calling for the revolution will be shielding some politicians because it's their uncle or from their village or tribe. I'm sure the author is a member of Bishop Akinola's church.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Desdola(m): 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
In fact, am gonna be a pastor in this country. I must get my own private jet.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Excellentspirit(f): 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
U people re soo jobless in dds Nairaland. U ppl should leave pastors,Bishops ,Reverends infact Men of God alone. I always say it,if Christ wz to b on earth nw most of u guys ll be d ones to accuse n kill him.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by InesQor(m): 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Article makes too much sense.

I entered the thread and couldn't help clicking "like" on each and every response.

Until it began... the trolls and the naysayers.

Na wa sha.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by temitemi1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by desirel: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
http://tegenlicht.vpro.nl/afleveringen/2012-2013/het-welvaartsevangelie.html

i'm tired of prosperity teaching. this documentary was monday on dutch tv. see the material about RCCG. for me the tehnics used today in the "church" looks like brainwashing and all that create is psyhose(all these songs and words repeated and repeated again). more of this GO are starting to look like the pope; they are the popes of a new a strange religion.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by otokx(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bidam: For Christians to deny financial support to gospel ministers is to cheat them of their rightful wages. Since these ministers are God's chosen spokesmen, to cheat them is also to rob God, and no one can rob him with impunity
a big lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Immortal1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Left 2 me, religious organizations shud pay taxes 2 goverment. Only God can tell how much d nation would get 4rm them on weekly bases. D freedom is just 2 much. A storey building close 2 my house has about four churches using it. Is it not d same Christ that is being preached? It is now more profitable 2 quit an oil job just 2 open a church. May God almighty help us.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Maxymilliano(m): 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
Christianity as currently practiced in Nigeria is like a Ponzi scheme, I witnessed a Church proceedings recently where during offertory, a pastor shouted "Double portion offering" and the members chorused "Next level prosperity"

I can't but shake my head...
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by COOLDUN: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2013

Bible made us to know that you shall know the truth and truth shall set you free, as a Christian you should be bold to see the truth and say it out not minding whose ox is gored. Do not compare yourself with any other religion and their attitudes.

To me the writer of this comment said nothing but the truth, i don't care which cult, demon or religion he/she might belong to, what i care is the truth which the message contains. As a Christian i saw clearly the truth and facts in this comment.100% truth.

If you see the truth and hide it, then you are not a Christian which you claim to be, Tell me what this writer said that is a lie? defending evil/hiding the truth will do Christianity more harm than good.

Maybe the muslims or other religion members do not see the truth as we Christians see them. One thing i know is that everyone will stand for him/herself on the day of judgment, no attorney or judge to defend anyone.

Let us reason the truth and say it out , without minding who raised the topic. There is great difference between Christianity and other cults/religions, mind you.

2 Likes

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Immortal1(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
Had a meeting wit Stella Damasus last sunday titled Entertainment & God. Hmmm...all d tinz she sed in dat meeting just buttress d fact dat most of our churches have failed us. Was speaking wit my uncle who is a Pastor in RCCG & was surprised 2 know that he's got a lot about d running of d church dat he isn't happy about. For example, he gave of himself 2 build one of their schools in abuja witout collecting a dime(even working till late nights), only 2 be denied d report card of his child, later, cos he was owing just five hundred(500) naira. He really felt lyk crying then. The way ppl re baring out their minds recently, I smell sth big is going 2 happen soon.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by jmoore(m): 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
tunapawizzy:
Of the 66 books of the bible, there exists one which is called the “Acts of the Apostles”. It is a history of how the apostles appointed by Jesus took his word from “Samaria to Judea and to utmost parts of the earth”. The apostles left their comfort zones into presumed enemy territories to preach the gospel, they didn’t sit in their homes and ask their followers to fast and pray for the gospel to get to the utmost parts of the earth, they “Acted”. They walked, rode on donkeys and sailed on [size=15pt]canoes[/size]. They acted!
ships not canoes, must you lie to pass a message?

tunapawizzy:
Pastors, bishops and reverends drive big cars, live in mansions and have billions of naira in their bank accounts while majority of their congregation live in abject poverty. Some of us who dare speak against this lifestyle are tagged blasphemous.

The church, like the entire Nigerian establishment, needs a complete overhaul.
Except a few true religious leaders like Bishop Akinola, Nigeria has majorly a group of money-seeking, fame-obsessed jet-flying fellows who like intimidating the rest of us with the bogus title, “Men of God”!

I wonder why some folks will criticize the whole church in Nigeria because of the actions of few. How many pastors from anglican, methodist, catholic have private jets?

My point is that most churches are doing well than you have painted
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by tunapawizzy: 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
My dear this is not about christians criticizing their religion OR muslims not criticizing theirs. We are not doing religion contest here,I dnt care if anyone sees my religion in a negative light, I dnt care how people of other faith choose to worship God. If u choose to conceal d not-so-nice deeds of pastors becos u r a christian,fine. But if another christian chooses to say things as they are, I don't think he should be castigated too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Which Church Do You Attend? / Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.