Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? (10149 Views)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / Couples Squatting With Parents: Your Experience And Take On It? / Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Sprumbaba: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
When my daughter started using ipad at 15 months. Got tons of educational apps she plays.
JallowBah: What I think?
Thats its crazy to buy such a young girl an Ipad. For me, the world is way too focused on material things. Insane.

And ipod on the other hand, you can get for 1/10 of the new price when you get it used, so. Meh.
Take the money from the kids weekly payment for helping around the house if they really want these kind of things.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
iTire for this materialism. no wonder the planet is destroyed
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
Brand_new: This remind me of sacrifices dad`s make. grin

I wonder why some NLers write the way they do. Is it deliberate or what?
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by mynaija123(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2012
I had to buy my daughter Brazilian weavon because her mates in college used it, would Have been happy if it were an iPad.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
Nairaland, so many never do wells and 20th century neanderthals here. My kids are gonna use best gardgets from age 1. If you dont have money, dont tell others how to spend their money on their kids. If I dont spend my money on my kids, na on top olosho i go spend ?
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 26, 2012
Youngzedd:

There is nothing wrong with that, Nursery school pupils in Thailand are using Ipad to study, one each.

Bill Gate C.E.O of Microsoft launched his first computer program at the age of 17.
Mehn we want CHANGES in our motherland (Nigeria)

That is development, I wish our government should do the same.
seconded
Naija Mentality
After high school you'll goto computer training angry
Youngzedd:

There is nothing wrong with that, Nursery school pupils in Thailand are using Ipad to study, one each.

Bill Gate C.E.O of Microsoft launched his first computer program at the age of 17.

seconded
Naija Mentality
After high school you'll goto computer training

1 Like

Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 2:33am On Aug 26, 2012
Evans5050:

[size=14pt]WHO ASKED YOU WAT YOU THOUGHT........ NA WA OOOO SUM PEOPLE BODY GO JST DEY PEPPER THEM [/size]angry angry

[size=13pt]NA YOU HELP THE MAN PAY NI [/size]

[size=15pt]OGA STP TO DEY BEEF THE PICTURE NA[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

Uhm..the OP asked what people think, did he not?
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 2:34am On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

it is in countries like nigeria that people consider ipads to be status symbols/material things

if you were bothered about it constituting a distraction, i might understand

i hope in your bid to keep your kids away from 'material things' you don't put them at a disadvantage in future.

Helping your kids cope with the future, in this case computers etc, does not mean they need their own ipod or ipadsmiley They can always use their parents computer to train on, if needed.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 2:35am On Aug 26, 2012
Youngzedd:

To use it in school, and to expect the parents to buy it, is two different things.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Helping your kids cope with the future, in this case computers etc, does not mean they need their own ipod or ipadsmiley They can always use their parents computer to train on, if needed.

you have just confimed that for you a computer is little more than a material possession or a toy rather than a work / business tool.

tech savvy parents do not share computers - but in whatever world you live in a whole family will share a single pc. how does that work?
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

it is in countries like nigeria that people consider ipads to be status symbols/material things

if you were bothered about it constituting a distraction, i might understand

i hope in your bid to keep your kids away from 'material things' you don't put them at a disadvantage in future.

You are so right. Just yesterday I was at a party where people pulled out their Ipads as cameras. I know I have seen that in nollywood movies but na wa for naija people. WHo brings an IPad to a party for pete's sake?
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Depends on what you use your Ipad for. If you have an Ipad for business, I don't think you would want to give the same to your kids to play with or whatever it is they need it for school for.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

you have just confimed that for you a computer is little more than a material possession or a toy rather than a work / business tool.

tech savvy parents do not share computers - but in whatever world you live in a whole family will share a single pc. how does that work?

I dont have a job where I use my laptop, no. If I need to use a computer at work, there is a computer there.

In my world, most people get their own computer in their teens, wich I think is alright. Not at 6 years old as some people do here. For me, that is not alright at all.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Depends on what you use your Ipad for. If you have an Ipad for business, I don't think you would want to give the same to your kids to play with or whatever it is they need it for school for.

No, but then I dont feel that a kid -should- play with an Ipad.
If it comes to that stage that when my girl starts school, they need to be able to access a computer at home, then I will buy an old, used one cheap, that she can use the few times its needed.
I do not see the point in letting 10 year old kids have f.ex facebook.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

I dont have a job where I use my laptop, no. If I need to use a computer at work, there is a computer there.

In my world, most people get their own computer in their teens, wich I think is alright. Not at 6 years old as some people do here. For me, that is not alright at all.

therein lies the problem - for you a computer is simply a tool you use in the office - rather a tool for work, entertainment, education, interaction etc.

as to blocking kids from facebook etal get with the times, there are utilities with which you can block sites from your children's computers. then there are family oriented dns servers which you can use to for your internet access.

you are just putting your kids at a serious disadvantage - your kids will start learning how to use a ms word etal in their teens? every othe day i read about child prodigies who are usin software like solidworks or autodesk inventor at a professional level - they are already miles ahead of their forbears.

anyway, to each his own
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

therein lies the problem - for you a computer is simply a tool you use in the office - rather a tool for work, entertainment, education, interaction etc.

as to blocking kids from facebook etal get with the times, there are utilities with which you can block sites from your children's computers. then there are family oriented dns servers which you can use to for your internet access.

you are just putting your kids at a serious disadvantage - your kids will start learning how to use a ms word etal in their teens? every othe day i read about child prodigies who are usin software like solidworks or autodesk inventor at a professional level - they are already miles ahead of their forbears.

anyway, to each his own

No, it is also a tool for enjoyment, entertainment, education, etc. If not, I would not be writing on this forum, would I?smiley
But, no, I dont see the point in a 6year old, 10 year old surfing the internet on their own computer.
For what? Playing games? ( They should get out the house and play games.)
Watching a movie? ( You have dvd-players for that. No need to surf the net to watch movies. )
Educationn? ( What happened with reading a book?? )

Like I said; if my kids will need computers for school-work, they will be able to do so. But not for fun when they are 6,8,10 years old, no.
And in my country, they start to learn to use computers in an early age, so I know they will probably need to use it at home too. But not for enjoyment at that early age, no.
I would rather have my kids go out and play catch with each other, instead of playing catch on a computergame.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

No, it is also a tool for enjoyment, entertainment, education, etc. If not, I would not be writing on this forum, would I?smiley
But, no, I dont see the point in a 6year old, 10 year old surfing the internet on their own computer.
For what? Playing games? ( They should get out the house and play games.)
Watching a movie? ( You have dvd-players for that. No need to surf the net to watch movies. )
Educationn? ( What happened with reading a book?? )

Like I said; if my kids will need computers for school-work, they will be able to do so. But not for fun when they are 6,8,10 years old, no.
And in my country, they start to learn to use computers in an early age, so I know they will probably need to use it at home too. But not for enjoyment at that early age, no.
I would rather have my kids go out and play catch with each other, instead of playing catch on a computergame.

no one is saying they will use computers 24/7

you clearly have no idea how much educational stuff there is out there

sesame street has a you tube channel

there are youtube channels that teach phonics

you are simply adopting the model our parents used, forgetting the world has already moved on.

you seem to think the only source of learning is the structure of the classroom

your comment on dvd players makes it clear that you are way behind

as we are speaking, i am working and my two year old is beside me watching dora the explorer on the second pc screen

i wonder how your kids will research for assignments - it is always amusing to me how colleagues keep coming to ask for information that is a click away - because they neve learned to use the internet properly. hopefully alot of people think like you - my kids will have a straight up edge against their kids.

hardcover books are almost dead - and it is very hard to learn to read books on the screen at first.

if you want to persist in learning methods etal best suited for the 20th century , good luck to you - unfortunately we are in the 21st century where ipads, computers etc are not luxury items but modern tools.

visual aids are very important in education - and you will not get that out of a book - what do you think would be faster, reading a book on ms word, or watching a video.

if you were concerned with regulated use of the computer - one hour a day, under supervision, etc, i would understand.

i hope you are not also one of those who thinks tv is for entertainment only
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by AjanleKoko: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2012
Well, there are tablets for kids.
I first got a kiddie computer for my son when he was three, then this year I got him a Childpad from Arnova. It runs Android ICS, and has built-in parental control.
Haven't given it to him yet, until his attention span improves. He's just five. Let him bang around on the kiddie computer for now.

I've got a Playbook in the house that nobody uses, and my son started to use it for movies (Ice Age 1, 2, and 3). Which was why I bought the Childpad, since I saw he was having fun flicking the widgets around with his finger. He can get a tablet - just a kiddie one.

iPads for a 6-year old are not necessary. They can only do a few things with it anyway, like play Angry Birds, or watch YouTube videos of Lazy Town.
Just like I wouldn't buy my son an Audi Q7 as a teenager. More likely a Kia Soule wink
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2012
AjanleKoko: Well, there are tablets for kids.
I first got a kiddie computer for my son when he was three, then this year I got him a Childpad from Arnova. It runs Android ICS, and has built-in parental control.
Haven't given it to him yet, until his attention span improves. He's just five. Let him bang around on the kiddie computer for now.

I've got a Playbook in the house that nobody uses, and my son started to use it for movies (Ice Age 1, 2, and 3). Which was why I bought the Childpad, since I saw he was having fun flicking the widgets around with his finger. He can get a tablet - just a kiddie one.

iPads for a 6-year old are not necessary. They can only do a few things with it anyway, like play Angry Birds, or watch YouTube videos of Lazy Town.
Just like I wouldn't buy my son an Audi Q7 as a teenager. More likely a Kia Soule wink

my son has a latitude 2100 - it is a laptop built for kids - that thing is TOUGH. i packed it with kiddie software , movies and edutainment. it was touchscreen, though he has managed to bork that. the real worry is attention span/ addiction - there was a point when my son was always hunched over the laptop - so now he's on a timeout

we have swift broadband at home now, which is much better than starcomms - you can actually stream videos so i'm looking at just how to make use of websites etal for kids - eg get one of those internet enabled tvs so we can watch vids on youtube on a big screen together
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

no one is saying they will use computers 24/7

you clearly have no idea how much educational stuff there is out there

sesame street has a you tube channel

there are youtube channels that teach phonics

you are simply adopting the model our parents used, forgetting the world has already moved on.

you seem to think the only source of learning is the structure of the classroom

your comment on dvd players makes it clear that you are way behind

as we are speaking, i am working and my two year old is beside me watching dora the explorer on the second pc screen

i wonder how your kids will research for assignments - it is always amusing to me how colleagues keep coming to ask for information that is a click away - because they neve learned to use the internet properly. hopefully alot of people think like you - my kids will have a straight up edge against their kids.

hardcover books are almost dead - and it is very hard to learn to read books on the screen at first.

if you want to persist in learning methods etal best suited for the 20th century , good luck to you - unfortunately we are in the 21st century where ipads, computers etc are not luxury items but modern tools.

visual aids are very important in education - and you will not get that out of a book - what do you think would be faster, reading a book on ms word, or watching a video.

if you were concerned with regulated use of the computer - one hour a day, under supervision, etc, i would understand.

i hope you are not also one of those who thinks tv is for entertainment only

I think we are talking over each other a little bit heresmiley
For school-things, using the computer in young age; no problem. But to sit and surf just for fun like I do when you are 6, 8 years old? Big problem.
Tp use pc/tv just a few hours a day: yes. To have it on the whole day just for background-noise instead of f.ex music? No.

I do want my kids to read books, yes, instead of having everything digital. Maybe that makes me old-fashioned? So be it, I can live with thatsmiley
My kid watches her favourite tv-show on my pc now and then, and I do know more and more people even drop the TV and only use computers, or hook the computers up to the tv and use it like that.

I am talking about the fact that more and more kids get an Iphone to use as a toy, not for educational use. And -that- is wrong in my eyes.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

I think we are talking over each other a little bit heresmiley
For school-things, using the computer in young age; no problem. But to sit and surf just for fun like I do when you are 6, 8 years old? Big problem.
Tp use pc/tv just a few hours a day: yes. To have it on the whole day just for background-noise instead of f.ex music? No.

I do want my kids to read books, yes, instead of having everything digital. Maybe that makes me old-fashioned? So be it, I can live with thatsmiley
My kid watches her favourite tv-show on my pc now and then, and I do know more and more people even drop the TV and only use computers, or hook the computers up to the tv and use it like that.

I am talking about the fact that more and more kids get an Iphone to use as a toy, not for educational use. And -that- is wrong in my eyes.

hardcover books are on the way out - thats like saying i will teach my kid with a typewriter rather than a keyboard - or the use of drawing boards in universities to teach technical drawing - an investment in technology that is on the way out.

the issue i have with an ipad for kids is

1) the cost of an ipad - though i could just buy a used 1st gen
2) the ruggedness
3) the naija idea that an ipad is a luxury item

keep in mind that there is a lot more to learning than school - your kids may wind up picking up skills that will serve them far better than what they were taught in school. child prodigies like that fellow who broke the ps 3 certainly did not learn any of that in school. keep in mind that socila media is far mre than facebook or nairaland - i am an engineer - and i am a member of several forums where i am able to pick the brains of people with far more experince than i have

Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
I want my kids to have both. Just because you CAN get everything digital, does not mean you HAVE to.
( About books. )

Just because something is on the way out, does not mean its not worth keeping.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah: I want my kids to have both. Just because you CAN get everything digital, does not mean you HAVE to.
( About books. )

Just because something is on the way out, does not mean its not worth keeping.

can i get you a horse to ride to work smiley
what about a typewriter to compose memos
or a sony trinitron
or cloth diapers
or windows 3.1
or a 1980s computer
or NITEL
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

can i get you a horse to ride to work smiley
what about a typewriter to compose memos
or a sony trinitron
or cloth diapers
or windows 3.1
or a 1980s computer
or NITEL

Me, and everyone I know, still read bookssmiley Nice try, though.

( And, I wish I had the energy to use cloth diapers. Much better for the enviroment, much better for the baby-skin. )
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

Me, and everyone I know, still read bookssmiley Nice try, though.

( And, I wish I had the energy to use cloth diapers. Much better for the enviroment, much better for the baby-skin. )

yes, we still do, same reason why our parents still use em old tvs or refuse to change their cars or throw out the vcr. thats our comfort zone -

do you think we will still have hardcopy books some 20 years from now - again considering the environment? already its not cost effective for newspapers to continue publishing hardcopy.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

yes, we still do, same reason why our parents still use em old tvs or refuse to change their cars or throw out the vcr. thats our comfort zone -

do you think we will still have hardcopy books some 20 years from now - again considering the environment? already its not cost effective for newspapers to continue publishing hardcopy.

I dont buy a new tv unless I need it. Why should I spend money on something that is not neeeded? I had a big box-tv until my husband got us a flatcreen for free from a friend. If not, we would have kept the big box until it got broken. No need for something more fancy, as long as it works for our needs.
Same with a car..as long as it has everything you need, why spend money on a new one? It dont have to do with comfort, it has to do with not wanting to take part of the materialistic spending-world I am living in.

And no, I dont think hardcopy-books will be here in 20 years, and that makes me a little bit sad. That does not mean that I will throw out my books, or that I will stop uying books as long as they sell them.
I dont know about your country, but here, the newspapers still sell as much as they died two-three years ago.

Yes, everything is getting more into the technology, but that does not mean for me that I feel the need to buy everything they come with.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
JallowBah:

I dont buy a new tv unless I need it. Why should I spend money on something that is not neeeded? I had a big box-tv until my husband got us a flatcreen for free from a friend. If not, we would have kept the big box until it got broken. No need for something more fancy, as long as it works for our needs.
Same with a car..as long as it has everything you need, why spend money on a new one? It dont have to do with comfort, it has to do with not wanting to take part of the materialistic spending-world I am living in.

And no, I dont think hardcopy-books will be here in 20 years, and that makes me a little bit sad. That does not mean that I will throw out my books, or that I will stop uying books as long as they sell them.
I dont know about your country, but here, the newspapers still sell as much as they died two-three years ago.

Yes, everything is getting more into the technology, but that does not mean for me that I feel the need to buy everything they come with.

you keep thinking it is all about materialism

me i will probably upgrade tvs every two - three years or so i am a techie i rapidly fin that tv i bought x years ago no longer cuts it

my older tv has only 1 hdmi port - that means either i buy one of those unreliable hdmi switchers, or i keep swapping cords whenever i want to use a different accessory. newer tvs come with wifi and internet - and i certainly would prefer to watch those sesame street vids wit my kids on a big screen, rather than all of us gathered around a laptop screen.

obviously, those are wants - as long as you do not live over your means, no biggie -btw wink please do tell , are you still using your first phone ?
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by JallowBah(f): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

you keep thinking it is all about materialism

me i will probably upgrade tvs every two - three years or so i am a techie i rapidly fin that tv i bought x years ago no longer cuts it

my older tv has only 1 hdmi port - that means either i buy one of those unreliable hdmi switchers, or i keep swapping cords whenever i want to use a different accessory. newer tvs come with wifi and internet - and i certainly would prefer to watch those sesame street vids wit my kids on a big screen, rather than all of us gathered around a laptop screen.

obviously, those are wants - as long as you do not live over your means, no biggie -btw wink please do tell , are you still using your first phone ?

Like I said; as long as it has what I need, I wont trade it in. For you, thats different because you USE the newer things that come with it, you have interest in it. I know too much people who buy the newest every year, only to have the newst. They still use the tv for what they used it for the year before. And that for me, is a waste.

My tv was a widescreen BOX, 32". We had the channels we needed, and almost never used the dvd-player that was 4years old. We didnt need moresmiley

My first phone..ah, I almost miss it. That thing could take a beating. You could even play football with ittongue
I have changed phone three times in four years. Mainly because the old one got broken, as I the last 7 years have only bought used phones. My latest two phones was after my mum, who buy new ones even though she dont need it.. She just like having the new models. The last one got drowned by my daughterwink The only thing I love about new phones, is that they have camereas. I have been thiefed a few times, or had cameras broken and then I go and buy a used one that fits my needs.

And I guess thats my point..if you dont NEED the newest, you only want it because it is new, I consider it a waste of money. If I on the other hand had a big interest for photographing, and needed good equipment, I would get the newest.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Dubemkelly(m): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
That I can always do 4 my children coz dey need it....The earlier d better,I luv development nd I'm passionate abt it n gatz move wit d trend,dats not a big deal 4 a young kid in primary schl 2 strt using smart fons,galaxy tabs, ipad, iphone, ipod.....Unilag n oda unis using ICT as basis of post utme is a gud one,unfortunately sum brainy candidates wud b cut off cos of dier inefficiency of using da PC, a brilliant candidate looking @d PC yle its booting nd doesn't know how 2 go about it aftermath...Exposure means a lot n it does help
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by AjanleKoko: 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
oyb:

my son has a latitude 2100 - it is a laptop built for kids - that thing is TOUGH. i packed it with kiddie software , movies and edutainment. it was touchscreen, though he has managed to bork that. the real worry is attention span/ addiction - there was a point when my son was always hunched over the laptop - so now he's on a timeout

we have swift broadband at home now, which is much better than starcomms - you can actually stream videos so i'm looking at just how to make use of websites etal for kids - eg get one of those internet enabled tvs so we can watch vids on youtube on a big screen together

You can get the WD Media Player, the Wi-fi edition. With that, I'm able to put YouTube on the big screen.
It's old though. I've had mine since early 2011.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by surenjpr(m): 8:22am On Aug 27, 2012
very nice logical picture..
and also i bought iPad, very nice... adding with extra features.
Re: iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? by Bossman(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
I agree. Nothing wrong with it at all. My 9 year old wanted an Ipad for her birthday last month. Last school year, her teacher used her's to demonstrate stuff to them, and lets them play with it. She even said she wanted to use her own savings for the thing, if I do not get it for her. I just did not think she is ready for a an Ipad. So, I got her (and her 12 year old brother) an IPOD touch each.

PS - All their school work, homework, reading, etc. is on the internet these days. They are expected to have internet and be able to do everything online. So, each of them have a laptop already. The more reason why I do not see the need for an Ipad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confirmed! My Neighbour Is Shagging Her Houseboy! / How Can I Save Money After Easter Season?? / What Happens To Women Who Cheat On Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.