Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles (7577 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped Of WBO Welterweight Title / Full Transcript Of Lance Armstrong's Interview With Oprah / Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 25, 2012
The Immortal Cheaters always get Caught

You will be hearing about Bolt and his ped's 6 years from now

"He was on this, this, and this." ~~Conversation 6 years from now.

Lance had infinite endurance levels, everyone knew he was cheating.

The US has an Axe to grind with this guy for not snitching on other Athletes

The French can't catch any drug cheats.....Look at Nadal...Dude is a walking Roid Machine..Unbeatable in Paris on Clay.

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by vislabraye(m): 2:39am On Aug 25, 2012
It seems the most successful athletes cheat. Some smart ones have retired successfully. While some have died as a result of complication.
Come to think of it, how many athletes have you heard die of heart attack after they retired. I know of some.
I'm convinced that Michael Phelps, Michael Johnson are drug cheats.
But as they say, cheating is a game when caught it is a crime.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Gudiza(m): 2:39am On Aug 25, 2012
~Bluetooth:

America at it again bringing down successful folks that are not from the states.Will somebody check michael phelps for me to determine if he was an addict too ? I just hope usain bolt isnt roped in this kind of sh'i't in the future !

Dude, Lance IS from the States. Same with all other high profile athletes that have in the past been stripped of title/ Gold medals for substance abuse...the likes of marion Jones, Ben Johnson etc Trust these folks are not easily fooled. I expect Phelps to go down 7yrs from now.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by akintun: 2:40am On Aug 25, 2012
He was a cheat period. He's avoiding going to court where he would be testifying under oat. D guy no wan go jail. The cycling federation has not yet striped him of his title.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 25, 2012
akintun: He was a cheat period. He's avoiding going to court where he would be testifying under oat. D guy no wan go jail. The cycling federation has not yet striped him of his title.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/armstrong-wont-fight-anti-doping-agency-032114073.html
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by PhysicsQED(m): 2:53am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
The Immortal Cheaters always get Caught

You will be hearing about Bolt and his ped's 6 years from now

"He was on this, this, and this." ~~Conversation 6 years from now.

Lance had infinite endurance levels, everyone knew he was cheating.

The US has an Axe to grind with this guy for not snitching on other Athletes

The French can't catch any drug cheats.....Look at Nadal...Dude is a walking Roid Machine..Unbeatable in Paris on Clay.

lol

http://www.tennisplanet.me/blog/2012/05/if-you-were-informed-today-that-djokovic-nadal-and-federer-have-been-on-performance-enhancing-drugs-.html
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 25, 2012
If the drugs he was using were ahead of it's time..and they could not test for them, then i am against "going back in time" just to call a guy a cheat

I don't agree with that

However, like i said...we all knew lance was juicing.

The Drugs stay ahead of the Test

This "going back in time" to call a guy a cheater for something he was using that was ahead of it's time is nonsense.

The Olympics and Anti Doping Agency have started to "freeze" urine test and blood test, just so they can test them in the future.

I don't agree with that, That is taking it too far.

You can't call someone a cheater if a substance has been created that is so futuristic it's ahead of it's time

Just like all the Nba Athletes who have been going to Europe to get "special" procedures done to their knees and get some blood spinning

Bartolo Colon had stem cell procedures done...

Where is the line between cheating and Modern Medicine...because i can't see the line anymore.

What Kobe did to his knee in germany last year should be considered cheating.

He suddenly had youthful legs again

There is no definitive lines anymore.

Might as Well Legalize Peds

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by PhysicsQED(m): 2:56am On Aug 25, 2012
How Lance Armstrong Lost His Tour de France Titles

The cyclist's decision to forfeit his titles and not contest charges by the United States Anti-Doping Agency may be, in a sense, logical

By Bill Saporito | @bilsap | August 24, 2012

In the Tour de France, a race he won seven times, Lance Armstrong was so driven that he would chase down cyclists who offended his sense of fair play. By the same token, he once slowed to let a rival win a Tour stage to honor his opponent’s competitiveness. So his decision to forfeit his titles and not contest charges by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) and led a doping ring throughout his career is both surprising and, in a sense, logical.

Armstrong is a ferociously competitive beast, but faced with a process he saw as blatantly unfair and stacked against him, he refused to take part in an arbitration with USADA over the charges. For example, USADA, the agency that handles drug testing and enforcement for Olympic-level and other elite athletes who compete in global events like the Tour, refused to provide the names of the dozen witnesses slated to testify against him, as is required in U.S. courts. “From the beginning, we have challenged USADA’s motives, methods and authority to proceed with a so-called conspiracy charge against Mr. Armstrong,” his attorneys said in a statement.

USADA has long insisted, over the course of increasingly vituperative exchanges between the two parties, that Armstrong is refusing to take part in an arbitration procedure that he had a part in creating and that he, as an international cyclist, had agreed to follow. “As is every athlete’s right,” USADA said in a statement, “if Mr. Armstrong would have contested the USADA charges, all of the evidence would have been presented in an open legal proceeding for him to challenge. He chose not to do this, knowing these sanctions would immediately be put into place.” Armstrong says jurisdiction of his case belongs to the Union Cycliste Internationale, not to USADA.

With Armstrong’s decision not to arbitrate, his victories have vanished, although not necessarily his legacy as the founder of LiveStrong, the cancer advocacy group that is nearly 15 years old. Certainly, his legend as a cyclist, once tainted, is forever scarred. It was a great one too. Surviving a cancer that had spread from his testicle to his lungs and brain, Armstrong returned to cycling and dominated the Tour for six years, first as the leader of the U.S. Postal team and later for teams at Discovery Channel, Astana and Radio Shack. He raised cycling’s profile in the States and magnified the Tour’s significance. But according to USADA, Armstrong was also the leader of a doping conspiracy that since 1999 obtained and shared PEDs such as erythropoietin (EPO) and human growth hormone (HGH).

Armstrong resolutely defended himself, reminding his critics that he never failed a drug test during his career — 560 in total, according to the Wall Street Journal. That allegation-refutation refrain was constant, a part of every story ever written about him. So Armstrong decided he was finished defending himself. “Today I turn the page,” he said in a statement. “I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities.” (Disclosure: I have donated to LiveStrong.)

More than that, he bitterly resents being singled out by USADA and its leader, Travis Tygart, for what he labeled “an unconstitutional witch hunt” — a pursuit that has cost Armstrong millions in legal fees. He was also targeted by federal investigators who spent three years and millions of taxpayer dollars pursuing charges that Armstrong somehow defrauded the government by winning the Tour de France as the leader of the Posties while using PEDs.

The feds dropped the case without charges being filed. The decision came in the context of baseball star Barry Bonds’ steroid case — largely an embarrassing government defeat — and juries’ general lack of concern, from a legal standpoint, about athletes’ alleged use of PEDs. The potential witnesses in the USPS case included Floyd Landis, another Tour winner busted for doping and former Armstrong teammate who claimed that both of them had used PEDs. Landis, though, had some credibility issues that might have been robustly challenged in a federal court. So while that case was dropped, the U.S. Attorney shared with Tygart and USADA some of the information it had obtained. Tygart’s witnesses purportedly included trusted Armstrong lieutenants like veteran cyclist George Hincapie, but USADA refused to release names, on the basis that Armstrong could intimidate them if it did so. Armstrong’s defense team hinted that USADA’s witnesses had been offered leniency for their own violations if they testified against him.

Armstrong’s attorneys tried desperately to head off the USADA case by filing suit in federal court in Texas, alleging that USADA’s adjudication system didn’t afford due process. But U.S. District Court Judge Sam Sparks threw the case out twice. The first time, he scolded the Armstrong team for trying to use U.S. courts to vent its criticism of the USADA investigation. But he threw out the revised suit with some reluctance and was critical of USADA’s behavior. Some of USADA’s procedures, such as its charging letter, wouldn’t pass muster in federal court, he said, but the federal court had no business in the court of sport. In one note, cited by Armstrong’s attorneys, Sparks said, “Among the Court’s concerns is the fact that USADA has targeted Armstrong for prosecution many years after his alleged doping violations occurred.” He pointed out that USADA also charged people along with Armstrong, such as team doctors and managers, over whom it had no jurisdiction.

When the federal court threw out his suit, Armstrong figured he had no chance in USADA’s court. The agency that had been after him for more than 10 years now stood, in his view, as judge, jury and executioner. So Armstrong, for perhaps the first and only time in his career, decided not to compete. In his view, he’s already ahead 560 to 0. Instead, he will take his case to the court of public opinion. And there we can all judge him.

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/08/24/how-lance-armstrong-lost-his-tour-de-france-titles/#ixzz24WEOvi18
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 25, 2012
Europe is ahead of the United States when it comes to Medical Procedures..The Us is limited by AMA laws and restrictions

The scientist and doctors in Europe have more Legal room to play with.

They are far ahead of Us.

A guy like CR7 is clearly a Dopping cheat

Infinite Stamina, Huge Quads and Legs Muscles......Lightening fast quick twitch muscle fibers

There are so many examples throughout sports

Sergio Martinez the Boxing Middleweight God...

In his late 30s suddenly has explosive punching power and reflexes as fast as prime Roy Jones.

Sports world has ped users every where.

Personally i would vote to legalize Peds

The test can't keep up with the drugs, impossible.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by saintneo(m): 3:56am On Aug 25, 2012
~Royal~:
Europe is ahead of the United States when it comes to Medical Procedures..The Us is limited by AMA laws and restrictions

The scientist and doctors in Europe have more Legal room to play with.

They are far ahead of Us.

A guy like CR7 is clearly a Dopping cheat

Infinite Stamina, Huge Quads and Legs Muscles......Lightening fast quick twitch muscle fibers

There are so many examples throughout sports

Sergio Martinez the Boxing Middleweight God...

In his late 30s suddenly has explosive punching power and reflexes as fast as prime Roy Jones.

Sports world has ped users every where.

Personally i would vote to legalize Peds

The test can't keep up with the drugs, impossible.
Messi is a drug cheat as well as all Barca players. Messi having had some growth procedure in the past. Why can't we say he had other procedures such as blood enhancement. 70% ball possession against a formidable opposition, how is that possible.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by dasparrow: 4:51am On Aug 25, 2012
wandeay: my advise for you is get married soon

Go back to the jungle you crawled out from. Armstrong who could use some kind words of encouragement and prayers is going through a very difficult time right now and you think all the man will think about right now is how to get married? You think Armstrong is like an average Nigerian who thinks of nothing else in their lives but to secure a legal screw partner and manufacture plenty babies that tomorrow will grow up to soil Nigeria's reputation (home and abroad) even more? Mtshew!

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Jubal01: 5:56am On Aug 25, 2012
D devil dsnt gv freely. He gvs u 1, he colects 10. D freemason. De'l gv u moni n fame, bt jst mak 1 stupid mistak n c hw de'l treat u. Rembr 2pac? Micheal Jackson? Micheal Jordan, R Kelly, DMX n Snoop n many mo r stil payin dia price.

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2012
Some opinions here peddled show basic ignorance.
The fact remains that USADA don't have the jurisdiction or legal backing to strip him of the Tour titles.The World cycling body (ICU) does.
What USADA is trying to do is to get Armstrong labeled a cheat and leave him up for possible trial in a law court in the US.

Bluetooth,
Surprising you say Armstrong is not from the States:dude is from Texas.Check your facts before posting.
Even if he wasn't, Marion Jones, Barry Bonds are Americans and have been targeted and prosecuted at the very least for drug violations.So I don't get what you mean by your first post.Also Michael Johnson hasn't been pulled down (yet).Im guessing you mean Ben Johnson who was caught at the Seoul Olympics.How could that be an American agenda?
saintneo: Messi is a drug cheat as well as all Barca players. Messi having had some growth procedure in the past. Why can't we say he had other procedures such as blood enhancement. 70% ball possession against a formidable opposition, how is that possible.
This is irreverent rubbish.
If he had a growth procedure in the past, how does that qualify as drug-cheating?Since you sound so sure, explain to us without making yourself look like a nincompoop.
And what in the world do you mean by "70%possession"?im asking so as to give you the benefit of the doubt and not label you stupid for that remark?
Speak out of available facts instead of spewing your self-concocted knowledge.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by SamAfrik(m): 7:05am On Aug 25, 2012
America is bringing sports to disrepute. All these their stars getting caught is making me to be disinterested in watching sport.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by AjanleKoko: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2012
~Bluetooth:

America at it again bringing down successful folks that are not from the states.Will somebody check michael phelps for me to determine if he was an addict too ? I just hope usain bolt isnt roped in this kind of sh'i't in the future !

Erm . . . Armstrong is American.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Delafruita(m): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2012
diluminati: Jelosi and bad belle people leave lance alone. His cancer foundation have helped alot of people with cancer. Cant they see the good part? I think lance shouldnt give up, he should continue fighting and proving his innocence. And for your information USADA cant strip him off the titles, disregard that junk journalism.
USADA can strip him of all his titles and they have even threatened to demand a refund of all his winnings..the UCI challenged their investigation but the WADA ruled in favour of USADA.
lance couldnt win this and i guess he was tired of spending millions on a legal battle he would lose.this sorta case doesnt go a jury.its ruled upon by an arbitrator who relies on testimony of witnesses.lance case was made worse because some of his former teammates testified that they saw him take "something".personally,i think its harsh on lance and even if he cheated,he did so in a sport where everybody does it and now he's been made the scapegoat.i just hope this doesnt discourage donors from his foundation
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by TerryCarr(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2012
don't care grin
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by saintneo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
StarBoard:

This is irreverent rubbish.
If he had a growth procedure in the past, how does that qualify as drug-cheating?Since you sound so sure, explain to us without making yourself look like a nincompoop.
And what in the world do you mean by "70%possession"?im asking so as to give you the benefit of the doubt and not label you stupid for that remark?
Speak out of available facts instead of spewing your self-concocted knowledge.

A real stuuuuuuuupido! Who gave you access to the internet? Do you know what the word 'irreverent' means? If you can't find meaning in my comments you should ask for explanation instead of posting insulting comments.

Nevertheless, I am not here to educate you. Having had access to the internet I suggest you investigate Lionel Messi's health history properly. Eventhough I sounded anti-Messi, I only wrote those comments because someone commented on CR7(it is just a rival athlete thingy) ~ I like both great players.

Finally, I wonder if you have ever watched football in your life. Since you do not know what 70% possession means, I suggest you stay off my comments because you are very slow. Twaaaaaaaaaaat! Get a life!
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
saintneo: Messi is a drug cheat as well as all Barca players. Messi having had some growth procedure in the past. Why can't we say he had other procedures such as blood enhancement. 70% ball possession against a formidable opposition, how is that possible.

lmao@Barca Hating.

Ayo...i agree ...Messi using Hgh as a youth to grow to a normal height is cheating, because who is to say he still isn't using it.

You say all Barca Players are cheating...

Ok....Ill take it a step further and say Spain is doing something strange and advanced as a Entire Nation

Look at all of it's athletes

Their Cyclist Dominate..

Their National Basketball Team is Dominate...second only to the Us

Their National Football Team is Dominate....World Cup winners, and Euro Winners

Sergio Martinez who trains in spain year round, is one of the most explosive fast twitch muscle fiber boxers on the planet right now

He is not spanish, but he trains with cyclist out there.

I am a Barca Fan, but i am not blind...Spain as a Nation is Suspicious

And Lastly The Great Rafael Nadal........

The Spanish Clay God

Spain has suddenly become an Immortal Sports Nation out of No Where.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by PhysicsQED(m): 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2012
~~God~~:

lmao@Barca Hating.

Ayo...i agree ...Messi using Hgh as a youth to grow to a normal height is cheating, because who is to say he still isn't using it.

Ok....Ill take it a step further and say Spain is doing something strange and advanced as a Entire Nation

Their Cyclist Dominate..

Sergio Martinez who trains in spain year round, is one of the most explosive fast twitch muscle fiber boxers on the planet right now

The Spanish Clay God

This is basically the exact same thing Yannick Noah said about Spain and he was insulted and criticized harshly for it. The sudden Spanish rise is suspicious, but then again, maybe both genetics and increased funding/support of sports in Spain could be the main explanation. Maybe.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ill have to research that Article.

If Yannick Noah Alluded to that, then he is spot on (imo).
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 26, 2012
saintneo: A real stuuuuuuuupido! Who gave you access to the internet? Do you know what the word 'irreverent' means? If you can't find meaning in my comments you should ask for explanation instead of posting insulting comments.

Nevertheless, I am not here to educate you. Having had access to the internet I suggest you investigate Lionel Messi's health history properly. Eventhough I sounded anti-Messi, I only wrote those comments because someone commented on CR7(it is just a rival athlete thingy) ~ I like both great players.

Finally, I wonder if you have ever watched football in your life. Since you do not know what 70% possession means, I suggest you stay off my comments because you are very slow. Twaaaaaaaaaaat! Get a life!
This warthog thinks he's intelligent.
I haven't watched football that's why I'm asking you to explain how one individual can be credited with 70% possession.
I don't even know if you know what that means.
Stop chatting in gorilla language and get down to the nitty-gritty of this argument.
As long as you keep disgracing your alma mater with such stupid, inconclusive and ambiguous statements, I will be here to prune you of the ignorance that you have unapologetically alligned yourself with.
Even with all your Internet, you still portray yourself as an ignorant fool.Lionel Messi was diagnosed with human growth deficiency at an early age.Because your integrated science teacher was more interested in teaching you about sex.ual intercourse, or rather because sex.ual reproduction was the only part of integrated science you had an affinity for,you won't be aware that it affects the pituitary glands, the human gland responsible for growth,,and that this deficiency is common to humans and is treatable.Tell me how treating a human deficiency is termed cheating.So Kanu Nwankwo's heart surgery can be termed cheating since he corrected a condition that occurs in other humans too by your logic?
You must be an insanely and moronic ignorant beast of burden to (a)spew such arrant rubbish in a public forum, and (b)display your ignorance by throwing words on a subject you know absolutely nothing about.I suggest the following links to you but the ignorant guff anti in you will probably not allow you to check them out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-
league/5099857/Franck-Ribery-the-man-to-challenge-Lionel-Messi-and-Barcelona.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone_deficiency#section_2

Furthermore, how can you prove Messi is receiving blood supplements? Do you just throw insinuations without any tangible backing, or do you just talk for the sake of it?
Which unfortunate institution of higher learning let such an unpolished and crude graduate out with any kind of degree?
I suggest a refund of all funds spent on your education by your parents.I think the money would have been better used if spent on a who.re.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by saintneo(m): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2012
^^^^ ignoring the idiota!

~~God~~:

lmao@Barca Hating.

Their Cyclist Dominate..

The Spanish Clay God

lmao@spain rise to super nation of sports.
Re: Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles by A40(m): 4:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
The guy should probably have stayed retired. I'm guessing he musta banged somebody's wife because these guys are really going outta their way to screw him over! I guess he was just unlucky afterall Roger Clemens won his trial faced with even more serious consequences like jailtime.

~~God~~:

lmao@Barca Hating.

Their Cyclist Dominate..

The Spanish Clay God

Hahahaha you forgot about Fernando Alonso

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I found a good 1.70 odds daily source, you too can make profit / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Liverpool Vs Arsenal 3-1 All Goals And Highlights / AFCON 2021: Mauritania Vs Gambia (0 - 1) On 12th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.