Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Beauty Of The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beauty Of The North (5434 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Was checking pics of Nigeria, and was reminded of just how beautiful some places up North are; like the Mambilla Highlands (i think it's the same as Adamawa Highlands that i remember from my primary school geography lessons undecided).

I get very angry with Nigerian elite/rulers that have overlooked potential goldmines like these, only to focus on monthly allocations from Abuja. Taraba and Adamawa states could have made a killing from tourism and agriculture (tea, horticulture, etc), and employed many jobless youths up north in the process; these bokites and their sponsors have shot themselves in the foot with their 'tunnel vision' of just focusing on political power at the centre and religious extremism.

Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
more:

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The North by asha80(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Was checking pics of Nigeria, and was reminded of just how beautiful some places up North are; like the Mambilla Highlands (i think it's the same as Adamawa Highlands that i remember from my primary school geography lessons undecided).

I get very angry with Nigerian elite/rulers that have overlooked potential goldmines like these, only to focus on monthly allocations from Abuja. Taraba and Adamawa states could have made a killing from tourism and agriculture (tea, horticulture, etc), and employed many jobless youths up north in the process; these bokites and their sponsors have shot themselves in the foot with their 'tunnel vision' of just focusing on political power at the centre and religious extremism.

well different states in the country are not being 'forced' to generate their own revenue.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
More:

Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2012
Don't know what's wrong with the stupid uploading system....trying to upload more pics, and it's giving me silly errors even when i've got the sizes right. undecided

Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
More:

Re: The Beauty Of The North by asha80(m): 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
danm shocked cry
Re: The Beauty Of The North by asha80(m): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by asha80(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
More:

are you sure this is nigeria?this looks like scottish highlands.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
asha 80:

are you sure this is nigeria?this looks like scottish highlands.

^^^Beautiful aint it? I'd love to take a holiday there, and take a horse ride up to the hill tops.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
More:

Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
yet the can't graze there and have to always bring their cattle to eat corn in peoples farm in the south

they have these lands yet they are fixed on oil
nonsense
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
o boy is that you in the picture?
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PhysicsQED(m): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
So are cattle banned from grazing in these places, or why are the nomads going down south to graze? Are they kept in the dark about this place, or do they graze here and in the south?

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsQED: So are cattle banned from grazing in these places, or why are the nomads going to down south to graze? Are they kept in the dark about this place, or do they graze here and in the south?

help me ask o
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
re@lchange:
o boy is that you in the picture?

^^^Hehehehe grin

Nah, that's not me. Found the pics on the net....i think the ones with the bruh are from skyscrapercity.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
More:

Re: The Beauty Of The North by vanbonattel: 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
boko haram paradise grin
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
van bonattel: boko haram paradise grin

^^^Let's TRY and keep this a happy thread. wink
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
More:

Re: The Beauty Of The North by Yeske2(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Beautiful scenery, would love to visit someday.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
More

Re: The Beauty Of The North by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
More:

Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
These pictures look like the beautiful landscape of Ekiti state, without the bountiful rocks.

Beautiful cool cool

I guess the North aint all a desert after all. . . .that's for all the tribalistic ediiots out there.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Mandelaguy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nice scenery up north,wonder why they cannot see beyond their greed.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2012

Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 24, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Reps Finally Breaks Silence (see What They Ordered Against DSS) / Sheriff Dissolves Rivers PDP Exco, Inaugurates New Exco On Monday / Breaking News : Buhari Nabbed In Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.