Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

The Beauty Of The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beauty Of The North (5438 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of The North by YorubaOmoge: 4:10am On Aug 25, 2012

Re: The Beauty Of The North by YorubaOmoge: 4:12am On Aug 25, 2012

Re: The Beauty Of The North by YorubaOmoge: 4:15am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by YorubaOmoge: 4:16am On Aug 25, 2012
Pictures from SkyScrapperCity. . . .posted by NL GEARTH
Re: The Beauty Of The North by YorubaOmoge: 4:22am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: The Beauty Of The North by emmke(m): 7:07am On Aug 25, 2012
Great thread...

My state, Plateau, in addition to the abundance of such beautiful sights also has a fantastic weather to boot.

We definitely need peace.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by tpia5: 7:21am On Aug 25, 2012
the topography is more visible because that's a temperate zone with less forest cover than the south.

but why is there so much fighting in the area?
Re: The Beauty Of The North by YorubaOmoge: 7:30am On Aug 25, 2012
emmke: Great thread...

My state, Plateau, in addition to the abundance of such beautiful sights also has a fantastic weather to boot.

We definitely need peace.

I saw some beautiful picture of PL State, but since Pl is considered a Middle belt, I resisted temptation to post its pictures here.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by pwettytemmy(f): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2012
One thing I've also discovered is dat the north has many beautiful places n resources waiting to be explored bt dey re so marginalised by their own leaders. The north has greater advantage of bn much more developed dan other regions cos they've had n always have more people at d federal level. ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y led Nigeria for many years n are still dis backward. But d people are just ignorant of wat its leaders re keeping away from them. I remembered when I was serving in d north, a man jokingly told me to pay 500k for a cow n I told him I will pay him a million, he told mi he can't reduce a kobo from d 500k. I LMAO cos he neva knw aw much is a million much more a billion. Now if ds man gets to knw dat billions is bn allocated to their leaders to develop their region n its bn diverted. What do u think will be d fate of their leaders? The fact dat they aren't contributing to d nation's treasury is not an excuse, bt I'm still amazed at wat their leaders aя̩ε̲̣ doing with their allocations cos that particular L.G has bn in blackout for THREE years
Re: The Beauty Of The North by tunnytox(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2012
Very beautiful pictures
Re: The Beauty Of The North by BlackPikiN(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Was checking pics of Nigeria, and was reminded of just how beautiful some places up North are; like the Mambilla Highlands (i think it's the same as Adamawa Highlands that i remember from my primary school geography lessons undecided).

I get very angry with Nigerian elite/rulers that have overlooked potential goldmines like these, only to focus on monthly allocations from Abuja. Taraba and Adamawa states could have made a killing from tourism and agriculture (tea, horticulture, etc), and employed many jobless youths up north in the process; these bokites and their sponsors have shot themselves in the foot with their 'tunnel vision' of just focusing on political power at the centre and religious extremism.

And they say there is no land in the north..

Wetin happen to all the places?

Every leader from the north needs to be lined up and shot accordingly!

Fulani people get small mental problem with their cheif mentor Ndu chucks!
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Horus(m): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
Beautiful pictures, fantastic.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by cjrane: 3:22am On Sep 23, 2012
Kenya and South Africa making millions of dollars from tourism every year,don't even have half the natural beauty or vast fertile land of northern Nigeria.

So, why can't our Northern Governors leverage on this amazing natural beauty to build the best tourist centers in Africa in northern Nigeria?
But no,all they want isn't about creating wealth for their people with what God has given them,but try and use all sorts of cheating tactics to over inflate their population figure in order to cheat the Niger Delta of its oil wealth. I tire for northerns mehn.

How can people just hinge all their hopes on lies about phantom population figures in the hope of cheating others by citing that they are entitled to what isn't theirs, but fail to develop your own.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 23, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge:

@yoruba_omoge, please are these wild horses? If they are, just magnificent. I like the wild/ nature, it's peaceful, serene no honking of car horns, no port-harcourt street noise.
Re: The Beauty Of The North by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:52am On Sep 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

LOL, your mother is the village akwunna, ANCIENT BICYCLE.

I am your Mutafcuking God, that's who I am.

Ole girl,what is wrong with you nah? You are the first to call somebody eediot! Dont you have class in you ? How long will you carry on like this ? Dont you ever get tired? I thought you said you are a married woman? Nawaa for you!
Re: The Beauty Of The North by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 23, 2012
Finally, I can be able to show nairalanders the integrity of the place I served in Adamawa.

These pixs are the kind I experienced everyday I woke up in the morning and opened my front door back in my NYSC days. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony / APGA Appeal Panel Upholds Disqualification Of Soludo And Five Others In Anambra / Tinubu Gives Strong Warning As He Finally Speaks On His Relationship Withbuhari,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.