Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? (1472 Views)

Nigeria’s Biggest Pastor Erects Occult Symbols All Over Terrain / Pastor-Chris Erects Massive Billboard Of Professions / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
With reference to this thread: Here of Pastor Chris erecting a massive billboard in divers professions. Can someone please confirm how true that billboard was and the location it was erected? I am saying this because we (Christians) should not be involved in destroying fellow Christians because of hatred. This is technology age and anybody could have done that billboard with computer designs. The word of God says, prove ALL things and hold on to that which is true. I read many Christians on that thread saying all sort of things against pastor Chris with/without the authentication of that billboard.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM WHERE (location) THE BILLBOARD WAS ERECTED PLEASE. Thank you.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by emorse(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
What is it with this billboard sef? Is this the first time a church/pastor would erect a billboard? Or is there something I'm missing? I've come across several billboards of churches before and none has ever raised this much controversy. Somebody enlighten me please!
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 1:53am On Aug 25, 2012
^^^
You are right, you/we have seen several billboards before but I feel it's like some folks are waiting for opportunity to express their hidden anger or hatred for the pastor without even confirming whether the billboard of that "nature" actually was erected somewhere. And they use that opportunity to say several things that should not come out from the mouth of a Christian. shocked
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by ijawkid(m): 3:42am On Aug 25, 2012
Lol......

Ur correct.....many here have to always confirm informations b4 they start spreading......

Instead of curiously running thru an info that might not be accurate,individuals shuld investigate d source of that info b4 commenting......
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Joagbaje(m): 3:54am On Aug 25, 2012
Goshen360: With reference to this thread: Here of Pastor Chris erecting a massive billboard in divers professions. Can someone please confirm how true that billboard was and the location it was erected? I am saying this because we (Christians) should not be involved in destroying fellow Christians because of hatred. This is technology age and anybody could have done that billboard with computer designs. The word of God says, prove ALL things and hold on to that which is true. I read many Christians on that thread saying all sort of things against pastor Chris with/without the authentication of that billboard.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM WHERE (location) THE BILLBOARD WAS ERECTED PLEASE. Thank you.

They are mischievous people .no such billboard exist. A banner was hung on his birthday 2 years ago by some members . With a caption like." IF PASTOR HAD CHOSEN ANY OF THESE CARREER. WHERE WOULD WE HAVE BEEN" it's something they did in appreciation of his ministry to their lives . Is was a banner hung in the church .
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 6:16am On Aug 25, 2012
Joagbaje:

They are mischievous people .no such billboard exist. A banner was hung on his birthday 2 years ago by some members . With a caption like." IF PASTOR HAD CHOSEN ANY OF THESE CARREER. WHERE WOULD WE HAVE BEEN" it's something they did in appreciation of his ministry to their lives . Is was a banner hung in the church .

So what you are saying in a sense is that, it was actually done BUT not as a billboard BUT as a banner? Right? And it wasn't done in the public as a billboard but as a banner within the church premises?
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Joagbaje(m): 6:23am On Aug 25, 2012
yes i think was done by the multimedia department or so. several groups did different banners for birthday greeting.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 6:29am On Aug 25, 2012
^^^
So if this banner is NOT in the street as a billboard, why the heck are people using it as opportunity to speak what they know nothing about? The fact am trying to get is that it is not in the street as a billboard because if it has been done as a billboard in the street, then it it permitted that lots of meanings could have been read into such action. But it wasn't done in the street. ~God help this generation o~

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by ijawkid(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2012
Then it must mean a member of the church sneaked this whole thing out.......

Which is wrong....
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
^^^
Definitely, a man's foes are members of his household. Not everyone who attends Christ Embassy likes the pastor. Some are there to shout his hosanna while some are there to shout crucify him.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by tpia5: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
you're supposed to get the message behind the billboard, not just look at it with physical eyes alone.

check it again- what do you see?
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
^^^
I'm criticizing the banner (as it is called, not a billboard), am actually calling out to those who seem to wait for little opportunities to express their hidden anger or hatred to the pastor. Besides, the banner was erected in any public place in the street.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by tpia5: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
^ the banner is photoshopped and it has a message for people who are not oyakhilome.

ignore the detractors- no be today- and look at the pictures.

remember we are in the age of coders, hackers, graphic design and photoshop, so that's the mindset of the posters or whoever is behind the "billboard".

They are visual, not textual. Textual meaning scholarly or written word.

so, they function via images, not printed text.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2012
^^^
Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by PastorKun(m): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
@Goshen
You give these people too much credit. Oyakhilome is a false pastor. PERIOD. We shd learn to call a spade a spade. The fact that his congregation idolise him so much and he dosen't even bother to reprimand them is enough evidence even though in his case there are tonnes and tonnes of evidence to prove that he is just a common fraudster.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by gst101: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
so una too don dey feel wetin the catholic church dey feel when people take the most lil of advantages to hit at the church. When people came here on nairaland posting a pic of a fake mary with pierced palms, people did not wait to confirm if the pic is a catholic pic or not. They just went on calling the church all sort of names.

The bottom line is; great people are always treated this way. At the height of the revelation of the child sex abuse in 2010, the media focused more on the church than the victims. This is becos, they saw it as a bigger news. It will sell more newspapers.
So CEC, like the catholic church, if you get this kind of treatment from people, know that it is becos you are great.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by truthislight: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Goshen
You give these people too much credit. Oyakhilome is a false pastor. PERIOD. We shd learn to call a spade a spade. The fact that his congregation idolise him so much and he dosen't even bother to reprimand them is enough evidence even though in his case there are tonnes and tonnes of evidence to prove that he is just a common fraudster.

@ Goshen360

it is interesting watching your antecedents in this forum.

You are using what i will call cunning to sell your view points to us.

Note

This is called a public forum, meaning that all and sundry should be able to air their views, but you when it does not really suit you, you will cunningly try to lead us to see things your own way so that we will not call a spade a spade.

What you should do is directly air your views so that all will know where you stand, and if it is wrong, people can say it is wrong and not base on the bible if it is not or that it is correct and base on the scriptures we can say so.

Look at you cunningly supporting idolatry and you want us to keep quite cus you Fend ignorance.

Change your ways.

No one will use your eyes to die.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 4:50am On Aug 27, 2012
@ truthislight,

You are having a different view about me. Infact, your view is wrong and your conclusion is uncalled for. First, I'm not a Christ Embassy member. I stand by the true word of God irrespective of who is concerned. You are NOT treating the issue I raised with this thread. What I intended with this thread is that we (Christians) should always prove all things right before jumping to conclusions. The "banner" or "billboard" in question, am simply asking if it was erected in the public or somebody just designed that stuff on the computer to raise controversy about the Pastor. This is what am questioning.

Second. Read through ALL or MOST of my thread, I stand by the truth, fight for the truth and don't impose any of my "thoughts" on others here. Even the areas we stand by the truth, the people don't believe us due to man made traditions, how much more imposing our teachings on others.....that isn't true. You have spoken your mind still and you have the wrong impression.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by Goshen360(m): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Goshen

My brother, you have always known me to call a spade a spade. Like I said to our brother, truthislight, I am not saying he is not being idolized. What am saying is we should treat issues, not the messenger. When the messenger also errs, we should treat it accordingly. I am not querying weather Pastor Chris is being idolized or not, am simply asking the authenticity of the billboard or banner being erected in the public or street or maybe someone just did that design on computer just to raise controversy. You should understand what am talking about.
Re: Pastor Chris Erects Massive Billboard-Can Someone Please Confirm How True Is It? by truthislight: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2012
Goshen360: @ truthislight,

You are having a different view about me. Infact, your view is wrong and your conclusion is uncalled for. First, I'm not a Christ Embassy member. I stand by the true word of God irrespective of who is concerned. You are NOT treating the issue I raised with this thread. What I intended with this thread is that we (Christians) should always prove all things right before jumping to conclusions. The "banner" or "billboard" in question, am simply asking if it was erected in the public or somebody just designed that stuff on the computer to raise controversy about the Pastor. This is what am questioning.

Second. Read through ALL or MOST of my thread, I stand by the truth, fight for the truth and don't impose any of my "thoughts" on others here. Even the areas we stand by the truth, the people don't believe us due to man made traditions, how much more imposing our teachings on others.....that isn't true. You have spoken your mind still and you have the wrong impression.

I dont see why there should be a MOG picture on any of the things ascribed to God.

The head of the church is the christ and not the so call MOG.

Is this MOG incharge of the gate of heaven?

It does not matter who put the banner, the MOG or others the Truth is they all use their pictures as a tool to reach out to people and this is wrong.

We should not follow man but should follow the world of God.

Pictures of MOG on pamflate/banner/books, etc etc is wrong irrespective of who puts it there.

And that is what we should be condemning here.

If i got you wrong i say sorry.

But the truth is some times bitter.

But the truth most be told.

Peoples life are at stake.

(1) (Reply)

Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? / Do Dead People Know They Are Dead? / Pope Benedict XVI Resignation; Associated Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.