Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,463 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria (9362 Views)

10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / Uk To Cut Down Number Of Student Visa Issued To Nigerians / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by joxiri: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
A friend of mine recently got a visa for chile and it was issued in nairobi, he did not personally travel to nairobi, as far as am aware there is no chile embeassy in nigeria, how true is this, I did check google,my concern is can this visa be genuine if it was issued outside nigeria when the passport holder wasn't living in nairobi at time of issure nor did he travel there.

He doesn't intend to travel to chile, he just wants to have more visas on his passport and also use it to travel to turkey under this their new e-visa scheme, as chile is an OECD country and under the e-visa rules holders of visas for OECD countries qualify for the e-visa. However I do worry that as he wnt have used the visa wnt the immigration in istanbul be wary of the visa. I have already suggested he takes the visa to the airport to get immigration officials to confirm it as I cnt think of any other way.

Please I would appreciate responses to this topic and and also ask that this thread is not closedM I kindly await your expert opinion thank you

1 Like

Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Yeah i have never seen it happening but i have heard about it however its not advisable because you are on your own oo..
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by DanG1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Don't worry, the Embassy of Chile opened to Nigerians is the one in Nairobi and it is safe. I and my colleague have gotten our visas from there. Using DHL to send and brink back your passport. It takes 30 days to process. It is safe and the only way. If you try to use the one in South Africa, they will refer you back to Nairobi.

Its legit.
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by joxiri: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2013
@ dan-g
Is that the email for the chile embassy in kenya?
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by joxiri: 6:44am On Aug 01, 2013
Ok thanks dan-G
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by ojiforeal: 5:32am On Aug 06, 2013
Guys, Thanks for all the info. @Dan-G. Well can i get a rough estimation or the exact amount of how much u spent in getting the visa. The addition of the visa fee and the DHL charges, for taking it to and fro. Thanks once more.

Regards.
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by DanG1(m): 4:16am On Aug 08, 2013
ojiforeal: Guys, Thanks for all the info. @Dan-G. Well can i get a rough estimation or the exact amount of how much u spent in getting the visa. The addition of the visa fee and the DHL charges, for taking it to and fro. Thanks once more.

Regards.

The visa cost is 25 dollars, but while trying to transfer from GTB, I had to make a 50 dollar transfer and plus charges was around 200 dollars. 50 dollars was the minimum transferable.
Paid DHL 50k, to send the passport and pick it up later for return. Thats all
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by suxes2005(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2013
Dan-G:

The visa cost is 25 dollars, but while trying to transfer from GTB, I had to make a 50 dollar transfer and plus charges was around 200 dollars. 50 dollars was the minimum transferable.
Paid DHL 50k, to send the passport and pick it up later for return. Thats all

Tnx for the info. Like joxiri said. Its all cos of the turkey ish.
So, can you kindly guide someone as to the doments required to process
The chilean visa?

Is it 30days or 30 working days?

Someone who has been to Malay, Dubai and fresh Kenya visa!

Await your response sire.

SHALOM
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by DanG1(m): 4:48am On Aug 09, 2013
suxes2005:

Tnx for the info. Like joxiri said. Its all cos of the turkey ish.
So, can you kindly guide someone as to the doments required to process
The chilean visa?

Is it 30days or 30 working days?

Someone who has been to Malay, Dubai and fresh Kenya visa!

Await your response sire.

SHALOM

Firstly you have to call the Embassy and talk to the Consular (Mary), she will ask you to send a mail attaching your invitation letter to her.
When you do she will respond with the mail below, if she is satisfied with your Invitation Letter

Dear XXXXXXXX,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your invitation letter and to forward the
following visa requirements:-

1. Completed visa application form duly signed
2. Copy of Passport (valid at least for 6 months)
3. Two recent passport size photographs (coloured) – size 1 ½”
4. Invitation letter (please attach it again)
5. International Vaccination Certificate
6. Police certification of clear criminal record (Good conduct certificate)
7. Proof of funds to support your stay in Chile (bank statement back dated
for 3 months and certified by the bank)
8. Copy of travel itinerary (tickets)

NB. Please find attached the visa application form to complete. The
duration process of the visa is one month. Scan and send them first via
email.

Regards

Mary Wangeci
Consul Assistant
Embassy of Chile
P.O. Box 45554 - 00100
NO. 66, Riverside Drive
Nairobi
Tel: 254-20-4452950/1
Fax: 254-20-4443209
Email: mary@echile.co.ke
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by suxes2005(m): 7:21am On Aug 10, 2013
Dan-G:

Firstly you have to call the Embassy and talk to the Consular (Mary), she will ask you to send a mail attaching your invitation letter to her.
When you do she will respond with the mail below, if she is satisfied with your Invitation Letter

Thanks for the heads bro.

I 'preciate

SHALOM
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by joxiri: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2013
@ dan-G
What if you don't have an invitation letter can't you not still apply as a tourist
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by chimahazel(m): 12:22am On Dec 05, 2013
Please i will like to tour this country, needs help
Re: Chile Visa Issued Outside Nigeria by evatee(m): 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
Please mary's email is no more going? Any idea how to get across to her?

(1) (Reply)

Canada: Justin Trudeau Begs Nigerian President Buhari For One Million Immigrants / Need List Of Visa Free Countries In Europe And Asia / Rich Global Travels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.