Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu (12246 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / FG Rejects Lagos’ Offer For Power Distribution Companies / POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by aukasa: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2012
samfibby: see as all of una dey praise dangote. The same man that connives with FG to import cement at 500 naira at landing price and sell at 2,000 naira is suddemly naijas savior. The guy is stiffling nigerians at any cost and all u can do is praise DANGOTE!! to the heavens. The truth is this guy thrives on a corrupt economy like ours. At op, abeg pele, if i were u, relocation would be a better option.

Get your facts right,with the Ibese cement plant fully into production since December 2011 and commissioned February 2012,Dangote cement has stopped the importation of cement and now fully into local production,to that effect the Apapa and Port-Harcourt cement terminals(cement importation terminals) have since been closed down.This goes to show the faith Dangote has in the Nigerian economy.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/industry/35840-new-ibese-cement-plant-puts-nigeria-on-world-map

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/dangote-group-begins-2nd-phase-of-ibese-cement-plant/
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by omoobajeje1(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2012
Are u one of their staffs?
okpara ugo: Am getting ashamed with the way people yell at Dangote.

Dangote is a PHCN customer just the way you are, so stop disgracing yourselves. You can still make your annoyance known to PHCN top echelon without disturbing us. I am not connected to PHCN today, the day i get connected to national grid, you will wake up to say my connection causes darkness in your area.......mtscheeeww.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by tEsLim(m): 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
I hear same is happening with PZ in the other side of Ikorodu, Odogunyan. The big corporations buy bulk electricity. And makes more business sense to PHCN to have one customer that pays straight up and constantly than pursuing slums that are hesitant to pay dues. Situations like this are more frequent when national corporations like PHCN are privatised. Who kows the history of ENRON with California. When energy was privatised and people suffered power shortages and rationing.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by ZeusI: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
slightlyMad: We trooped down to Nepa office at Ikorodu because for the past 2 months every corner in Lagos has been enjoying stable power supply
We residents of Irawo along Ikorodu road Lagos have been spending everyday fueling our generators. We gathered, headed to Ikorodu where the distribution comes from and were told by some staffs there that Dangote, yes the same bully, has paid off their top bosses to fund his ikorodu plant steady power

so they resorted to use Irawo's supply to fuel Dangote as our area is filled with lazy landords who wont complain, Imagine, no landlord association, no nothing, each man to himself.
I am posting here because i am very very angry, in short am fuming and can not even think straight. I spend 1000 naira daily to fuel my small gen, so does everyone around.

My question is, Why will a successful company like Dangote decide to make me pay heavily to fuel his company so he could climb up on Forbes?
for close to 2 months now, that is -60,000 naira from my pocket, Please i need advice before i do something crazy.

Please admin, move this to frontpage please?
My friend SlightlyMad, you simply should keep mum and indure, strive to build yourself to be great as Dangote, that is Igbocracy(the principle of self-dependent and patience). Any rash action may prove fatal dear friend.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by miky(m): 12:59am On Aug 27, 2012
slightlyMad:

You are the greatest fool to grace this planet, are you daft?
First off, How hard is it for dangote to get and independent power plant since he makes all the money alone
why will Nepa officials trade of power supply for stipends dangote is paying them?
if i pay 60K multiply that by 10000 homes in darkness 60,000 X 10,000=600,000,000
600 Million naira, thats what we pay in 2 months
when we are the main problem Nigeria has.

your retarded brain blames the government for everything.

Ha another case of Amnesia!! you must have a mouth full of Cum from all the Brain Fcvk u have been getting.. and as your name suggests your more than mad ur a Fckhead.. you even misunderstood my statement lol.. kindly show me where i quoted my guy dangote as sabotaging nepa financially, or where i blamed the government?? u never head sarcasm??

based on your previous posts it seems as if you reiterate my points about dangote and all.. but your are one slow MF for real!! so jump in line Negro!!
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by jpphilips(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
Agiliti:

why do you think bill gates did not monopolize? ever heard of "United States Vs Microsoft"
think before you type man

was the united states vs Microsoft case about electricity? or you just had a hard-on seeing a post from jp philips?
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Zeus I: My friend SlightlyMad, you simply should keep mum and indure, strive to build yourself to be great as Dangote, that is Igbocracy(the principle of self-dependent and patience). Any rash action may prove fatal dear friend.

Why should he strive to build himself to be as great as Dangote? Because he is not a citizen entitled to the same rights people like Dangote already have? Grow a brain please!
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Kcfun(m): 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
................................bur ikorodu light is much beta to ibejulekki.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by ruffhandu: 2:46am On Nov 23, 2013
Mandelaguy: This is one of the reason for privatisation and unbundling of power in his country,there will no longe be monopoly and unnecessary control by a single body...get it? You guys should protest,and write to your governor to intervene,or any political office holder you people elected,shey na ACN state?

Please educate me more on how this breaks monopoly, I have not been able to figure. Will a consumer have choice of power supplier?

God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court: Faulty Card Reader Can’t Invalidate An Election / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting Today / Ohanaeze Criticise Bulkachuwa Over Inflammatory Comments On Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.