Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu (12247 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / FG Rejects Lagos’ Offer For Power Distribution Companies / POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
This issue is not just about Dangote. Most factories and big firms are guilty of the same wholesale bribery of PHCN to direct the loads to their plants. We all know that PPS is the cheapest source of electricity in Nigeria. No factory owner wouldnt bribe to feed his plants with the Watts of almost free power supply. Mikano and other generator merchants also bribe for PHCN to keep us in the dark so they can sell generator. Diesel marketers from importers to retailers bribe PHCN. The entire PHCN staff needs to be totally sacked because it stinks with corruption.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
berem: In the area I reside,we hardly get 6hrs of light daily.am not gonna blame Dangote for that too.the whole blame goes to PHCN who collect bribe.distribution is always a problem for them.smh!

Why blame distribution? For pete's sake the whole country only has 4477MW of power to give and you getting 6 hours a day is more than most people in Nigeria still get. What is with this delusion that suddenly there is enough power to go around? Divide 4477MW by 150 million people and you get a better picture of what the problem still is.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2012
CeaserB:

Both Dangote and The PHCN Bosses Are Guilty Of Bribery.
If Found Guilty In Court.

why in the world is Dangote to blame? Is he responsible for power generation or distribution in Nigeria?
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
@poster, if u are really spending 30k per month for fuel then u shouldn't be staying in ikorodu. Move to Ikeja or magodo. House rent there will not be more than 500k for a 2bedroom flat.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
gzib: @poster, if u are really spending 30k per month for fuel then u shouldn't be staying in ikorodu. Move to Ikeja or magodo. House rent there will not be more than 500k for a 2bedroom flat.

Or better still spend that money on purchasing Solar panels and depend less on the grid.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by jpphilips(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
okpara ugo: Lord send me money so that lazy people will yell at my name on front pages of dailies. Amen

does the word ''live and let live'' mean anything to you?

Why do you think that Africans migrate to America and still make it there?

Its called ''equal opportunity''. Imagine if bill gates monopolized electricity in Africa, what will dangote be doing?

Crying like this poster i guess. I dont know abt your God but mine wont give you that money.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by jpphilips(m): 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2012
norrisman: Sometimes I want to give up on Nigerians cause it seems most of you guys are illiterates! I dislike Dangote because he is one of the people that have ruined you country but in this instance even if he somehow manged NEPA to direct all avialble electricity to his factory (I doubt this is actually possible otherwise Aso Rock wont need generators)he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

He is being supplied with electricity which he is paying for. If he is indeed depriving residents of the area of electricity, you may say he has failed in his social responsibility but definitely hasnt done anything illegal or to be castigated for.

You morons should be cursing your thieving leaders and not a shrewd businessman.

do you have any evidence that the residents cannot afford to pay for the electricity they consume?

Pls if you dont know the meaning of 'bribe' ask your son.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Agiliti(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Agiliti(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Agiliti(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
UNBELIEVABLE, Dem don bring the light o!

I guess there are many eyes here on Nairaland watching.
I tell you, I can attach my balls to a live wire for 2 days on a cheap bet because i know the light will not blink.
Thats how bleeped up these guys are here.

I am sure some calls went through after Dangote's name hit the home page.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by kmariko: 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
Please do not blame Dangote.,., At least he sees the bountful opportunities in the country and capitalizes on them.,., Again he actually build things _ REAL INVESTMENTS rather than moving monies abroad or engage in mere buying and selling. If we have ten more like him that had the opportunity, uses the opportunity as a vehicle for real investment in the country, this country will be better then Japan
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by TawaTemi1(f): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
I don't know what is happening,I think it is the whole of Ikorodu cos my area around LASPOTECH and Odogunyan too doesn't have light. So also at my grandmas in Owutu.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Wallyg2009(m): 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
U are not the only people suffering,we in oke-abiye,in alagbado lagos are not enjoy this new jonathan megawath increase power generation. We are on 2 days on and one days off,but we are only given 6hours light in the midnight between 10.pm to 6am on the day we should be on.i am angry with this nepa official,
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by samfibby(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
see as all of una dey praise dangote. The same man that connives with FG to import cement at 500 naira at landing price and sell at 2,000 naira is suddemly naijas savior. The guy is stiffling nigerians at any cost and all u can do is praise DANGOTE!! to the heavens. The truth is this guy thrives on a corrupt economy like ours. At op, abeg pele, if i were u, relocation would be a better option.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by luluosas(m): 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
OP, your case is devastating! So, as rich as Dangote, he prey and helpless Nigerians to make his millions. He will pay dearly for all his crime one day.
Meanwhile, since the last week of May, 2012, we have never used PHCN light in our area. Bad people went and vandalized our transformer and NEPA never care to fix it. Even after our community donated cables to fix the Vandalized feeder pillar, nothing is done till today.
I used N6,000+ to fuel my I-Pass-My-Neighbour generator for only 3 hrs use in June 2012. Nigeria's PHCN is big shit.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by jhydebaba(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
Tawa-Temi:
I don't know what is happening,I think it is the whole of Ikorodu cos my area around LASPOTECH and Odogunyan too doesn't have light. So also at my grandmas in Owutu.
... down to Isawo, Oke - Oko, Igbo - Olomu, Igbogbo, Offin etc.
In short, the whole of Ikorodu is in darkness.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Chubhie: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
slightlyMad: Dangote has a company here at Ogolonto ikorodu, he is using our power to fuel his business

Olowo oshi, dem go say him get money, money wey im dey steal from us.
Easy guy...tis nothing personal just business.Blame the system and not the players.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by miky(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
billante: Baseless allegation! Most of dangote factories has its own IPP!

you they mind the guy?? how u someone can come to conclusion base on rumors is just mind boggling..
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2012
it is synonymous to dangote knocking everyone's door collecting our money and walking away.
because at the end of the day, Dangote records millions of profit, We record loss.

All this is allowed to happen because of some greedy souls who wants to enrich their pocket at our expense.
the money they will end up spending on sickness, they and their families.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2012
miky:

you they mind the guy?? how u someone can come to conclusion base on rumors is just mind boggling..

You are the greatest fool to grace this planet, are you daft?
First off, How hard is it for dangote to get and independent power plant since he makes all the money alone
why will Nepa officials trade of power supply for stipends dangote is paying them?
if i pay 60K multiply that by 10000 homes in darkness 60,000 X 10,000=600,000,000
600 Million naira, thats what we pay in 2 months
when we are the main problem Nigeria has.

your retarded brain blames the government for everything.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Dukechimi: 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2012
The giver and the collector of the Bribe (if any) are both guilty.
Dangote shld be helping communities where his factories are located
not Sapping the little they've got.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by DICKtator: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
slightlyMad: We trooped down to Nepa office at Ikorodu because for the past 2 months every corner in Lagos has been enjoying stable power supply
We residents of Irawo along Ikorodu road Lagos have been spending everyday fueling our generators. We gathered, headed to Ikorodu where the distribution comes from and were told by some staffs there that Dangote, yes the same bully, has paid off their top bosses to fund his ikorodu plant steady power

so they resorted to use Irawo's supply to fuel Dangote as our area is filled with lazy landords who wont complain, Imagine, no landlord association, no nothing, each man to himself.
I am posting here because i am very very angry, in short am fuming and can not even think straight. I spend 1000 naira daily to fuel my small gen, so does everyone around.

My question is, Why will a successful company like Dangote decide to make me pay heavily to fuel his company so he could climb up on Forbes?
for close to 2 months now, that is -60,000 naira from my pocket, Please i need advice[b]before i do something crazy[/b].

Please admin, move this to frontpage please?

Are you slightly mad?
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by YoursGEJ(m): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Why blame distribution? For pete's sake the whole country only has 4477MW of power to give and you getting 6 hours a day is more than most people in Nigeria still get. What is with this delusion that suddenly there is enough power to go around? Divide 4477MW by 150 million people and you get a better picture of what the problem still is.

0.000009561 watts grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by tiarabubu: 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2012
Agiliti: If dangote moves his factories to countries where there's stable electricity you would say he's not being patriotic
if he decides to provide jobs you'll say he's insulting graduates
if he decides to ensure his factories are up and running you'll say he has taking your electricity

meanwhile the PHCN boss you should be blaming is probably using his "extra income" to build a block of flats so he too can become your landlord

Please tell them oh! With Nigerians you can't win.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
Acidosis:

"I just tire"

Instead of shouting "DANGOTE!", why can't you guys lead a protest to PHCN office.

THEY WONT. THEYRE EVEN WAITING 4 THEIR LANDLORDS 2 PROTEST 4 THEM
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by taharqa: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
jhydebaba:
... down to Isawo, Oke - Oko, Igbo - Olomu, Igbogbo, Offin etc.
In short, the whole of Ikorodu is in darkness.

Dont you guys have a Rep in the National Assembly(Abike Dabiri, if am not mistaken) and other elected officials? Make them aware of your present peculiar situation. We must begin to hold our elected representatives to more account instead of just complaining all the time
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 1:00am On Aug 26, 2012
Babzilla:

THEY WONT. THEYRE EVEN WAITING 4 THEIR LANDLORDS 2 PROTEST 4 THEM

didn't you read the part where i said we went there and was told that Dangote is the one enjoying it?
Barbie abi wetin be ur name, if you know say sense no dey, just keep of the thread.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by bigtt76(f): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2012
Abeg una leave Dangote alone ....de man just paid his bills in full and in advance! grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Mavrick2012: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2012
"Please admin, move this to frontpage please"[/quote]SO THAT?
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by OmichaelO: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2012
i think the allegations might be true,cos as at 2010 at ebute,close to the dangote factory same allegation were made,becAUSE like 2/3YRs ago there used to constant light,but now its 2days on 1day off n of which we might get nothing outta the to days...pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Critics Are Yesterday's Lawless And Reckless Leaders - Orji Kalu Says / Nasir Magarya: Bandits Reject Ransom For Release Of Zamfara Speaker’s Father / 300 Nigerians Deported From Botswana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.