Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? (56398 Views)

Do You Have Abnormal Period Pain Or Sharp Pain During S*x? / How To Get Rid Of Period Pain Naturally / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
rokiatu: Like really give me tips on how to handle this batch called period pain. I don't want to die before my time abi and no pills seems to be working either.
My GF cries from mrng till night and i think it helps cos when she finally stops crying, she always feels better......jus kidding
Try having an intense sexual pleasure, a really hot one....it's a sure bet. You will even forget that you are menstrating.....
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2012
yemi2plus2:

wat is joystick??
it's a kinda toy for small children
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
just take felvin 3 days b4 it starts and continue till d pains stop.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by StateOfMind: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
I'm presently having menstrual cramps and left my work place cos of that. I agree with what most people have said, felvin works like magic.

Most times I have pre menstrual pain (2days to my period), so I take felvin those pre menstrual days in preparation for the menstrual days, and I don't have to worry about cramps during menstruation. Unfortunately for me this month, I dint experience any form of pre-menstrual pain so I dint take felvin.
When my cramps started at work, I thought I'd collapse cos it was too intense..then I struggled to get to the nearest chemist, grabbed my felvin and here I am now, resting. The pain has decreased and should be completely gone soon.

It should be noted however that Felvin should'nt be taken on an empty stomach.

3 Likes

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Jay4joy: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
Try anion panty liner. Google it and if u think u want it,let me know. Believe me using it evry day after the second month u will tell ur friends.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
Just passing by with my eyes closed,now i understand why ladies request for money and recharge cards from guys
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by etchel(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
vanessa_ra: Hello Ladies,

I rarely comment but I couldn't help but contribute what has made me a normal human being. Prior to now if I am on I act like somebody possessed, all throughout my secondary school days the moment my period comes even before then as soon as it around the corner our matron calls my home to get the driver to come and pick me from the boarding school I attended.

The moment "Jagunlabi comes I become "Ajantala" extremely irritated, I vomit when I put anything in my mouth be it chewing gum,water, mints and even the DR prescribed "Avormine" it didn't work, if I need to use the loo it becomes Impossicant because the muscles in my legs can't carry me so I have to crawl to use the toilet. During the days of my period I don't eat and I am always very pale.

My mother was seriously concerned hence we saw a lot of highly placed OB n Gynae Drs cos she works in the medical line, nothing worked, Analgin,Ibruprofean,felvin and I did somany test nothing really work.
Eventually, I was home watching a phone in programme on NTA2 channel 5 and they brought in a lady called Ayodele Quincy by nature I am a skeptic but she claim to have herbs that can cure any ailments, I called and had the opportunity to talk to her. She asked if I could go to the local herbs market. I did and bought all the herbs and I used it and since then its been bye bye to Menstral pain.

I am eternally grateful as she didn't collect a dime for me so if I see anybody suffering I am quick to help.

are u sure of this
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by StateOfMind: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hoii: Dis is one of d reasons why i respect & pity women a lot. Only d creator knws why it has 2b so for dem. To all women i say: E PELE. May God ease d pains alwys. Wish i cld help

Awe ure such a sweetheart! smiley

1 Like

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by pearlhapi(f): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
rokiatu: Like really give me tips on how to handle this batch called period pain. I don't want to die before my time abi and no pills seems to be working either.
eeeerm I cry and cry out the cramps,[pains]atimes I just sleepoff•I av always believed drugs isn't good[just my believe]doesn't mean its bad and atimes when it gets too severe I take a warm water!and I remember those times I just keep screaming,I HATE PERIODs[its an anthem I recite every month]

2 Likes

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
rokiatu:

Don't mind him, if his dick leak blood every month for three days, and comes intense pain with it, and mood swings ontop of that, he would then know that there is something called "nature".

Childish, stoopid, immature mofo. Is it by force to comment on a thread?

Sorry people for being a bit graphic. LOL

Irony: im eating hot dog with ketchup....

Looool. Thanks for the imagery! tongue

1 Like

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sorry. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
rokiatu: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sorry. grin grin grin

Lol. No problem.

At least it was too delicious to throw away lolz.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by imiofeh(f): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
All the ladies in the house mensural pain is not normal...the tips below will help those of us experiencing mensural pains
*reduce sugar intake(soft drinks,sweet,ice creme & cholocate)
*eat balance diet
*eat alots of fruits & veggies
*drink alot of water
*detoxify yourself weekly(yoyo bitters,healthy bitters,living bitter,drink bitter or scent juice etc)
*importantly exercise daily(jog or take a long walk)
*dont starve yourself in the name of diet!
Try this and if it doesnt work confront on me 08182076292....
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Jay4joy: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
My sister in law used to be very terrible during period. We introduced Anion panty liner. She use it every day. It has 30pc in it. Yes, the pain is very minimal now in past 1year.with 08023252586 i may direct you how to get yours. Like i said, google/do your research:anion panty liner.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Ishilove: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
Tenderly1: you girls, have not experienced labour pains and u are complaining already.itz 20 times the pain u feel wen you are in your period.
*shudder* sad sad
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by amiskurie(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Awww,I feel for una o. sadThank God I'm a guy though! grin
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2012
ignis:
It depends on individual but there are many slangs for it.

Please fill me in.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by unanghope: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
Me i do take Hypo-jik and alcoholic like kayi kayi.. Please exemption clause apply 2 dis msg... Oh i be boy oh
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by DrTony1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hello house, from †ђε medical point of view, Menstrual cramps are primarily caused by †ђε release of prostagaladins from †ђε endometrium(innermost layer of †ђε uterus).Ladies, It is actually this substance called prostaglandins that cause contraction of †ђε uterus(womb) during menstruation which causes †ђε pain you experience as menstrual cramps.
Drugs called NSAIDS(Non-Steroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs) stops †ђε production of these substances called prostagalandins(PG) thereby stopping pain during menstruation. Examples of such drugs are: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Piroxicam. These drugs are marketed with different trade names like Feldin,Panadol e.t.c.
These are †ђε same drugs also used to cure Fever, pains, headaches.

Warning †ђε adverse effects of these drugs can be severe like:
Stomach ulcer,
Stomach bleeding in ulcer patients,
Kidney & Liver failure,
Asthmatic attacks in asthma patients.
Therefore †ђε should NEVER be taken on empty stomach especially in Ulcer patients as it may cause stomach bleeding & pain, Infact it is safer & best to concurrently take them with anti-ulcer drugs like Ranitidine, Famotidine, even if you have have never had ulcer, this is to reduce †ђε riski of Gastro-intestinal(Stoamch) peforations & bleeding.
Thanks house for listening. All †ђε best!

3 Likes

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by DrTony1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
Please kindly Ignore those saying that painful menstruation is not normal, It is perfectly normal just that these ladies produce excess prostaglandins like I said earlier, Never take Alcohol with NSAIDS or during menstrual cramps. Please save all those superstitions for Ʊя̲ grandmothers in †ђε village please.
If theres any more problems or questions contact me here or see your doctor

1 Like

Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by femijck(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
kandiikane: I always thank God I was not born in the days before neurofen.

Neurofen works wonders for me.

Try going on the pill if nothing much works for your body.
but be careful wit d drug it's an NSAID and prolong use of it may result to ulcer.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by femijck(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
kandiikane: I always thank God I was not born in the days before neurofen.

Neurofen works wonders for me.

Try going on the pill if nothing much works for your body.
but be careful wit d drug it's an NSAID and prolong use of it may result to ulceration of d GI walls..(ulcer)
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by basisop(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I stopped having the pain a few years back. Now the pain is replaced by another kinda feeling (which Im so not going to mention).

I used to take Motrin.

Menopause is knocking shocked
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
Dr Tony,

Thank you very much for the information you just dropped. I have some questions for you to answer:
1. Why do some women have MP and some don't?
2. For those who experience MP, it could be irregular ie they could experience painful MP this month, no MP in the next two month then mild cramps in the following month. Why is this so?
3. From your medical POV, is sugar intake directly proportional to MP occurrence?
4. Since you said continuous usage of these pain relieving drugs could be harmful in the long run, what alternatives do you suggest women take to relieve them of MP(esp. for those who don't like taking drugs)?
5. Can herbs(leaves,roots etc) help to relieve MP?
6. Should women detoxify their systems regularly to help relieve MP?

I look forward to reading your reply and thank you again.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by osho3mtech(f): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ladinax.........does magic. I prescribed it for my ex gf and it worked for her wella.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by DrTony1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
ferhyntorlah: Dr Tony,

Thank you very much for the information you just dropped. I have some questions for you to answer:
1. Why do some women have MP and some don't?
2. For those who experience MP, it could be irregular ie they could experience painful MP this month, no MP in the next two month then mild cramps in the following month. Why is this so?
3. From your medical POV, is sugar intake directly proportional to MP occurrence?
4. Since you said continuous usage of these pain relieving drugs could be harmful in the long run, what alternatives do you suggest women take to relieve them of MP(esp. for those who don't like taking drugs)?
5. Can herbs(leaves,roots etc) help to relieve MP?
6. Should women detoxify their systems regularly to help relieve MP?

I look forward to reading your reply and thank you again.

Thank you lady, you are welcome...
1)Its just s natural difference, some women produce more prostaglandins(PG'S) while some produce little, same reasons why some people are dark, some fair. Its natural selection.
2)Is †ђε same reasons, production of PG's is from an essential fatty acid called Arachidonic acid, gotten from cod liver oil. So its production varies from time to time, and from person to person.
3)Sugar intake explanation is a little more complex. But physicals studies shows it does happen & practical
4)Taking these drugs(NSAIDS) thrice every month is not so dangerous,it is practicable & you can take it for menstrual pain along with †ђε precautions but abuse shld NEVER be encouraged.
5)Herb usually do work but I won't advice anybody to take them because their adverse effects are not totally known & outlined like †ђε one I gave you above, so Its can be a silent killer as U̶̲̥̅̊ do not know how to combat these adverse effects.
6) Lady please save yourself some stress & some unnecessary worry, those things do not directly affect MPs so are [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]totally superstitious & should of course be Ignored.
Thanks, feel free to contact me via my profile if U̶̲̥̅̊ have more questions
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
Well noted Dr Tony, thank you!
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by zannie(f): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ibuprofen usually works like a charm.
But severe menstrual cramps that occur with (maybe) heavy menstruation may be symptoms of something. Example fibroid. A trip to the gynae to check out ur uterus will put ur mind at ease.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
paracetamol & ampiclux works wonders for me.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by ay0201(m): 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
basisop:

A friend just told me she made her boy friend touch her without pentetration till she climaxed and she immediately felt better.
basisop:

A friend just told me she made her boy friend touch her without pentetration till she climaxed and she immediately felt better.
Re: Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? by ABUGEORGE(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
Wat am about to say might be stupid but i must say d truth but i dont know of u, wen my babe do feel d symptom, i do make luv wit her dat particular day till d period will go she wont experience any pains. I've told my friends even girls too and some have come to say thank u in return. Note not every guy or girl will accept to do it while dey are on but dat is d best to kill d pain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know / COVID-19: Muhammed Babandede Tests Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.