Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... (9511 Views)

Why I Failed WAEC (hilarious Photo) / When The Witches Find Out You Failed Waec(pic) / Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by seedord247(m): 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
honeric01:

Formal education you mean or what? school education is just one part of education and not all about education.

Thanks for the correction. shocked
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by hardywaltz(m): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
seedord247:

I still remember my first year in UNI. 70% of student in my maths class is above 40 yrs...

shocked
Now I know why many people of this generation fail their exams; when they find it difficult constructing proper sentences.

2 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by igweGC(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
this is spiritual. Suspecting D source 4rm her village. sometimes it's beyond reading or knowing it.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by hazvat(f): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
Don't lose hope may be you are still missing somethings up in answering WAEC questions . Call dis N0 for WAEC home lesson. 08066097778,08126328221 to get your final breakthrough.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Acidosis(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
Well there is hope as long as she lives

Kogi state university opened an opportunity for students with deficiencies in their O'level results. . .known as Pre-degree II. wait I know she's not with her complete results. . .Yes the opportunity is opened to students with atleast 2credits in ONE SITTING. They'll be admitted for a 2year Pre-degree programme, + intensive tutorials. After the two year programme, candidates who have obtained their five credits and have performed satisfactorily in the qualifying examination will be admitted into 100level. Candidates are also required to take the JAMB examination in the 2nd year and score the minimum JAMB requirements for the year.

Please tell her to make her decision on time. Opportunities are everywhere but people don't just see it, they'll rather panic. I really feel for her thats why I'm doing this. .Had to coin this from DAILY TRUST newspaper. . "Thursday, August 23, 2012.

I'm not a staff/student of the school but I could help with few contacts..

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Chanchit: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
kunzzy: pls can she call me on 08067598562,08028300638 i am touched but could be of help i run an academic consultin firm KUNLE is my name

1,I hope the coaching will be free...? Since you are touched

2, No pressing

3, No touching

And for ur friend, or if na you, jst tell her to go find one special centre, the one she might not even have to sit for the exam, if you knw how the system works, u should not cry on such issues... Sebi we have graduates that can't write letters, so how did they enter university...? If u finish answering that question, u will pass ur nxt WAEC... Good luck..

2 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by a1solution: 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2012
She have to count herself lucky for belonging to the better side of the society. For being able to enroll for SSCE Exam one or twice she is already living well. There are many people that cannot even feed twice a day talkless of enrolling in any Exam, not that they are not interested but because they have to survive first before they can talk of education. Remember there are people that are poor sick and blind they are still living, E con be you wen get everything! Enjoy life
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by BluePinkee(f): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Go and do deliverance, then try again. If you fail again, then its time to think of hairdressing or any other trade..... undecidedGo and do deliverance, then try again. If you fail again, then its time to think of hairdressing or any other trade.....
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by BluePinkee(f): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Go and do deliverance, then try again. If you fail again, then its time to think of hairdressing or any other trade..... undecided
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by 2rutalk1: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
She finished from high school some 7/8years back and since then she has tried so hard to pass in her compulsory courses, but not successful at it. Her most recent WAEC exam was not good enough, either...and, all she could alter on phone was 'I'm tired of my life'.

Now, please how best would you advise such a person..? Thanks.

Let me give you this strategy. I believe it work for you as far as you have a high retentive memory.

Gather past question papers of the subjects in question from 1999 till date. Get experts in those fields to solve the questions for you. Spiral bind the solutions and begin to read them day-in-day-out.Go for the exam and see your problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by ecode1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Don't give up.

The person needs to be focus against all odd and also be discipline. Read, read and read your books! Best of luck.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by werthy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
the problem here is that we are not even talking to the person directly.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by blaise26abj(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
i don't think any more "lessons" will add any more value. She has to work on herself. Nothing else. More time reading and rubbing minds with academically superior people. it helps. Taking time to continuously think about what you read imprints it in the memory. Talking abt difficult aspects of subjects in front of a mirror is also good for boosting morale. Most importantly, how you transfer what is upstairs(brain) to paper is important. Work on these things. If na boyfriend matters dey distract her,she knows what to do. Also, certificate no guarantee success, try ur hands on other things.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by sleekch1c(f): 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
@@@poster
Tell her not to give up. Some things happen so that your testimony will be to God's glory. It is well.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
Like someone pointed out earlier, she can move ahead with the credits she has and work towards others.
I ll advice more prayer and hardwork.
Though enrolling in some private schools guarantee your success but it pays to be proud of your hardwork-earned success.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2012
Emylexray:
i thought you had a brain . . .
u r 2 advice d poster en not to criticise,am sure u wrote waec more dan twice b4 u made it......*smh
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
OlowoTee: She finished from high school some 7/8years back and since then she has tried so hard to pass in her compulsory courses, but not successful at it. Her most recent WAEC exam was not good enough, either...and, all she could alter on phone was 'I'm tired of my life'.

Take a year off . . . If she can, move back in with parents, and spend time focusing on SELF and who she is. Not in a material way but a sort of self-discovery quest. Of-course it will be sort of humiliating considering the Nigerian society is a cruel one but she will need to toughen up and allow people say what they want about her choice to move back home and embark on this self-discovery journey.

Sometimes all one needs is a break from all the disturbances and the many stresses, especially in a society where there are so many EXPECTATIONS placed on people from a certain age. There is nothing wrong with her, and there is no need to pretend she is afflicted. She probably just needs to calm down, refocus and re-organize her priorities a bit.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by crackhouse(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
OlowoTee:
Mathematics and Literature in English.
she should go for tutorials on those subjects. Nobody taught me mathematics, i learnt it on my own. I started from S.S 1 new general maths to the S.S 3, so she can do the same too. The most important thing is to know the basics things and the rest will be easier. As for the literature, i am sorry i didn't do literature in Sec. Sch but my advice for her is to go and read literature text books & answer past questions.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
werthy: the problem here is that we are not even talking to the person directly.
I assure you that she is going to read all of your comments....just spoke with her now and would invite her in so she could read the diverse views in here...(such a surprise package)!

Thank you so much for your inputs, all.

It's just that i was helpless this time around...and, so short of what to say to her again after we had tried so well to work out things. She has been a wonderful 'sister'. So determined to get an higher degree...
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by YOUNGJOE1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
Carry pastor go ur villa o, maybe sumbdy dey der d weh d remote u
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Bash92(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
Acidosis: Well there is hope as long as she lives

Kogi state university opened an opportunity for students with deficiencies in their O'level results. . .known as Pre-degree II. wait I know she's not with her complete results. . .Yes the opportunity is opened to students with atleast 2credits in ONE SITTING. They'll be admitted for a 2year Pre-degree programme, + intensive tutorials. After the two year programme, candidates who have obtained their five credits and have performed satisfactorily in the qualifying examination will be admitted into 100level. Candidates are also required to take the JAMB examination in the 2nd year and score the minimum JAMB requirements for the year.

Please tell her to make her decision on time. Opportunities are everywhere but people don't just see it, they'll rather panic. I really feel for her thats why I'm doing this. .Had to coin this from DAILY TRUST newspaper. . "Thursday, August 23, 2012.

I'm not a staff/student of the school but I could help with few contacts..

Hope it helps.
can u pls explain more abt d submition of o'level result
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by ZeusI: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
OlowoTee: She finished from high school some 7/8years back and since then she has tried so hard to pass in her compulsory courses, but not successful at it. Her most recent WAEC exam was not good enough, either...and, all she could alter on phone was 'I'm tired of my life'.

She is in dire need of a psychologist. Ask her what her ambition in life is, and let her know that academic acheivement does not totally define success in life, in fact, in this new era, Matriculation doesn't guarantee any progress, because what they teach is illusionery compared to what is actually happening in real life. Which is why graduates are dazed by the fatal blow that Labour Market and outside campus inflicts on men.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Acidosis(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
Bash92:
can u pls explain more abt d submition of o'level result

Alrigt, I'll open a new thread for interested persons in education section. I'll explain better
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by ZeusI: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
hardywaltz:
Now I know why many people of this generation fail their exams; when they find it difficult constructing proper sentences.
Haba guy, that was too bold nou, we must learn to accommodate less-intelligent folks within us. You know that none is perfect, so let's keep the snobbish thing outa d way, abeg.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Richardid: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
Do what others are doing,they are not better than you, its just that they r better informed than you do. Enrol in a special centre you will make it at your first sitting.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Richardid: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
@Repeatedly....proficiency in spoken and writen english does not conote intellipence rather intelligence radiates from what one does....thats why u can see some so called intellectuals doing dumb things.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Bash92(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Acidosis:

Alrigt, I'll open a new thread for interested persons in education section. I'll explain better
Tanx i wil b waiting for d thread
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Emylexray(m): 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
'sade:
u r 2 advice d poster en not to criticise,am sure u wrote waec more dan twice b4 u made it......*smh
why are you too forward? i guess you didn't assimilate my post. i quoted the guy who ridiculed the girl of being empty-headed. Okay?
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by pjo: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
it took me 8 yrs to make my complete result.chemistry frustrated my life 4 those 8 yrs.tell her not 2 give up,she could try neco and change inveronment.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by TalkingBird: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2012
If you have always worked hard with no result and you are sure its not your fault, then change of name should be the next option the next time you write.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by kariolality: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
xanadus: you are a big olodo rabata. go and learn mechanic.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Boll2010: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
otokx: She may be beating the air, many people are like that, supposed to be reading courses like theatre arts, music or agriculture but they are breaking their head looking for physics to read engineering.
u ar d dumbest person on nairaland,i 1da aw u manage 2 cnstruct ds rubish uv jst posted,u were told waec n nt choosin courses 2 do,GOD U WIL TEL ME U PASD UR OLEVELS WIT DS JARGONS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Remits N5billion To FG Coffers – Spokesperson / The 2013 Top 100 Universities Ranking In Africa, Check Your Institution Here / NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.