Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... (9529 Views)

Why I Failed WAEC (hilarious Photo) / When The Witches Find Out You Failed Waec(pic) / Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Exponental(m): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Is she related to CIROMA CHUKWUMA ADEKUNLE?
If she needs it, she shld be more serious, as in, seriously serious.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by skuribeebo: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2012
Awon aye niiii,go and pay for no appearance u will pass.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by TalkingBird: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
skuribeebo: Awon aye niiii,go and pay for no appearance u will pass.

which one be no appearance?
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by danjohn: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
OlowoTee: She finished from high school some 7/8years back and since then she has tried so hard to pass in her compulsory courses, but not successful at it. Her most recent WAEC exam was not good enough, either...and, all she could alter on phone was 'I'm tired of my life'.

Now, please how best would you advise such a person..? Thanks.

Your friend needs to have a plan B. In Nigeria some people place so much value on education that they let their lives pass them by. Your friend has been out of school for 7 - 8 years and chances are, she has probably not had a job or tried to enroll in an apprenticeship. There are many lucrative fields out there that pay a lot of money. If you go to Alaba market, you will see many millionaires who can barely read. I know folks like to call them "money miss road," but they are able to support their families, and they enjoy the dignity that comes from work.

Your friend needs to do some soul searching and find out what interests her outside of school and she needs to pursue it. 8 years is a long time to be away from school. By the time she graduates she will most likely be over 30 and she will be competing for entry level positions against 22 year old graduates from Covenant University. We must remember that Nigeria does not have laws against age discrimination. Most entry level jobs have age caps. I know having a degree can give her bragging rights, but a degree is worthless when you cannot use it to support your family.

If she is having such a hard time passing WAEC, then do you think that she will be able to graduate with a 2:1 or a 2:2? Do you think that she wouldn’t have carry-overs that would keep her in school for more than 4 years? People should not forget that although a degree is important, having skills you can use to support yourself is even more important. If it hasn’t happened in 8 years, then it probably was not meant to be. Please don’t allow your friend waste her life trying to chase a degree that may not add any value to her life.

3 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dont give up
when i was in highschool my prefect used to be the best, but he failed waec 2wice
he had to enroll for a special center...
"Sometimes na animals dey mark those scripts" cheesy cheesy
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
Don't ever give up!!! I wrote jamb 3 times, I got admission on the third trial, now am a FUTO students!!!! Almost 300 level! With a very nice CG.P, (3.98) 200L !!!! But my friend who was my junior at secondary school gained admission once, and was the best back then in school!! But he's really struggling with school( same level n dept)! In fact, his CGP is just above 2.0!!!! In a nut shell, God's time is simply the best! Nobody can stop her when it comes!! Just keep trying!

2 Likes

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by simeonism: 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
Temptation can come 2 u in any form & after dis comes success. Just hold unto God & be more studious, u will make it.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by TalkingBird: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
change ur name simple. I did it after 5 times of trial back in the nineties and someone adviced me to change my name and I did.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by ocheejemb: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
I might sound harsh, but I would advice her to give up and move to a more worthwhile endeavour. Tertiary education is really not for everybody and really doesn't have much to do with how successful she shall be in Future. There are many people who have made it in Nigeria without university degrees. If she cant pass WAEC then what is the guarantee that she will pass in University? 8 years is a very long time. She's better of starting a trade or something. If she's successful in that she can even employ graduates!
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by nelllove: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
Let me add to useful advice others hv given, maths is not a difficult subject all she need to do is practise b/c practise makes perfect, u cant read maths only, u get to read and practise, believe me if u invest more time on it then u will reap success. I wish u well

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by kingskid04(m): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
Let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ share my story.I wrote WAEC six times before I finally made it in 2004.it wasn't easy as all my family members,including my parent tongue-lashed ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ and called names.There was a time,my dad asked ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ to learn a trade(mechanic,carpenter etc)since I was unable to pass common WAEC but I declined.He got angry and threw ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ out of the house sighting that I was disobedient.I felt like the whole world came crashing on mε̲̣̣̣̥ but I didn't give up.I kept hope alive.I kept praying and studying until the good news came.I passed WAEC,wrote JAMB and got admitted into university in 2004.Presently, ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ and every member of my family are pals as I am now a gradute.They aint angry with ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ anymore.So let her don't give up,let her keep studying her books,pray and have faith.By so doing,she'll pass WAEC and give God the glory.

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by kingsilly(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
OlowoTee: She finished from high school some 7/8years back and since then she has tried so hard to pass in her compulsory courses, but not successful at it. Her most recent WAEC exam was not good enough, either...and, all she could alter on phone was 'I'm tired of my life'.

omo she dull oooo
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by kpolli(m): 1:30am On Aug 28, 2012

She is doing the wrong subjects
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Hassan9786: 2:04am On Aug 28, 2012
Many keep saying rubbish on this thread, the fact that you made your o'level once doesn't make you the best.........the fact that you graduated @ 20yrs doesn't mean you are an Idol......the fact is, if you are truelly a genius you won't be sitting there posting on NL when your mates are making money.....and many of you here need an english lecturer/teacher, I wonder how you scape through the ssce.......mtceeeeeeeew. @poster... tell her to hold tight to her dreams, tell her to beleive in herself, her future, her potentials and her dreams & she should also.keep praying. As no night last forever without the day showing up......there is light to the end of every turnel. She'll look back to her past life someday and a smile will come up.her face.....As every succesful person has a painful story and every painful story has a succesful ending. @CRITICS/KNOW ALL what of if she is unemployed or underemployed for 7/8yrs, yoir advice....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew IDIOTS
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Hassan9786: 2:29am On Aug 28, 2012
I believe school grades have no correlation with ones success in life, she may think/feel the whole world is coming down on her, many of her friends whom are are now first/second degree holders may see her as an IDIOT but if she should learn how money works now, I bet she'll make most of them kneel by her feet begging for food to eat
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by danieltee(m): 3:00am On Aug 28, 2012
My 6ta,
D end hasn't cum cos uncommon challenges happen 2 uncommon ppl, if u r determined. I finished sec sch in 2005, nd btw dat yr n dis yr, 2012, i'd written O'level exams 9 tymz. Dats 7 yrs of writing waec. I kept on writing, writing, writing n writing. Dr was 1 tin, i neva gave up. Finally, dis yr, i sat d waec, nd made all ma papers wit excellence. I tnk God. So, ma 6ta, don't try giving up. Dat shudn't b on ur agenda cos d future's bright. So, get ready 2 register 4 anoda 1. Who knows? It might b ur last 4 gud. DO NOT GIVE IN 2 FAILURE. TRY AGAIN ND PRAY HARD.

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Hassan9786: 3:00am On Aug 28, 2012
Many keep saying rubbish on this thread, the fact that you made your o'level once doesn't make you the best.........the fact that you graduated @ 20yrs doesn't mean you are an Idol......the fact is, if you are truelly a genius you won't be sitting there posting on NL when your mates are making money.....and many of you here need an english lecturer/teacher, I wonder how you scape through the ssce.......mtceeeeeeeew. @poster... tell her to hold tight to her dreams, tell her to beleive in herself, her future, her potentials and her dreams & she should also.keep praying. As no night last forever without the day showing up......there is light to the end of every turnel. She'll look back to her past life someday and a smile will come up.her face.....As every succesful person has a painful story and every painful story has a succesful ending. @CRITICS/KNOW ALL what of if she is unemployed or underemployed for 7/8yrs, yoir advice....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew IDIOTS
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by timilehing(m): 4:44am On Aug 28, 2012
Oh! Your situation stil better, did mine 5times, jamb 3 times & poly once. Yet, i didn't loose my focus. While trying to make your papers, find a nice work to do/learn

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Dubemkelly(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2012
U r only a failure u when fail nd have refused 2 stand up...The watch word here is perseverance n hard work...No doubt,u r eida an Arts or Social science student,if u have @least 5credits in English,Xtian rel,Economics,Igbo,Yoruba or Hausa Language,Biology, u fit in2 some courses of study in d university,all u need do is 2 restrategise nd move on,this is just ur own academics challenges which virtually everybody faces in life...Try put in ur best ur best nd xpect d best. Good luck!
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by tebill(m): 8:40am On Aug 28, 2012
It's not abt the number of yrs spent trying to achieve a goal but its abt not killing ur dream..wrote my first jamb at age 16 hoping to admission to study medicine but ended up studying biochemistry.. but i still had a picture of what I want future to be.. at age 27 I got admission to study medicine outside the country, am in my last yr and seeing this post I just realised, I failed to achieve my dream for 11yrs but it never made me less the man. Believe, hope is stronger than fear.

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by xpensive05: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2012
snthesis: is WAEC getting more advanced, or are the next generation of students getting duller, perhaps the teachers are now more incompetent? undecided
THE LATTER SAYS IT ALL
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by xpensive05: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2012
Exponental: Is she related to CIROMA CHUKWUMA ADEKUNLE?
If she needs it, she shld be more serious, as in, seriously serious.
ASIN DEAD SERIOUS, EVEN IN DOIN EXPO
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2012
Thanks, Everyone! Thank you for your insightful contributions. They're well appreciated. Thank You.

Really, some of you are simply terrific to have shared your personal experiences, 'sad' stories. Thank You for sharing your time to respond to this post. It means so much to me. God bless you. Gonna have a talk with her this weekend. Hoping for the best for her..smiley

Thanks, Nairaland!
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by adahib: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kindly pardon me,i can't help but wonder what would make a single individual fail an examination-that has been passed by her peers-repeatedly.certainly it's about you and not the exam.maybe you are not serious enough or perhaps,you are not cut out for school.you can keep trying till perhaps you hit 40yrs or you can go and get married.it's your call.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2012
adahib: Kindly pardon me,i can't help but wonder what would make a single individual fail an examination-that has been passed by her
peers-repeatedly.certainly it's about you and not the exam.maybe you are
not serious enough or perhaps,you are not cut out for school.you can keep trying till perhaps you hit 40yrs or you can go and get married.it's your call.
So many factors can be responsible for this you know...? While I wouldn't want to dwell so much on that, however I know that this is someone who has suffered so much from effect of a broken home etc. smiley #there's still hope for her, Adahip..smiley
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by billios: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
Failure is nt the end but an opportunity to try again,i was a victim too for almost 10yrs, but thank God am a victor now,i got all in one paper this 2012 after 9 settings,be focus u will make it!

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Genius100: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
Academics is not for eveybody. There are millions of people in the western world that did not finish high school and are pretty succesful right now. She needs to learn a trade that she's passionate about and move on with her life..
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Kunlebabs375: 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
A man entered examination hall TÕ̸̳͡ write the methematics exams in WASCE.shortly after the question and answers sheets were distributed,he then stood up TÕ̸̳͡ request for the fou figure table and the examiner quickly responded by saying that, it has been cancelled from the syllabus.alas the man was provoked and he said, 1985 dem gave us,86 dem gave us,87 dem gave us,88 dem gave us,89 dem gave us,1990 dem gave us,91 dem gave us,so wetin come make dis year own different. A beg make una no spoil WAEC o.

1 Like

Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by ElVirgo(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
apply 4 special center?dat is d answer 2 ur problem....shekenaa
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by bybsin: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
Apply 4 special center nd work harder dont wait until they brng u answers do the 1 kwn first.shekeena kissApply 4 special center nd work harder dont wait until they brng u answers do the 1 kwn first.shekeena
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by zeemdok: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
@ Olowo Tee. I'm an examiner in an International Secondary Schl in Akure, Ondo State. I can help put that WAEC persistent nightmares behind u once and 4 all. I only hope you are a believer. Pls call me on my private line.08036933698. But send me a txt b4 caln so dt I wil recognize your number. Thankx.
Re: Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
zeemdok: @ Olowo Tee. I'm an examiner in an International Secondary Schl in Akure, Ondo State. I can help put that WAEC persistent nightmares behind u once and 4 all. I only hope you are a believer. Pls call me on my private line.08036933698. But send me a txt b4 caln so dt I wil recognize your number. Thankx.

Thanks Zeemdok.

She said she called you, today and you asked her to come over to Akure..huh? it's a distance from Lagos, moreso, how important is her visit to the issue at hand, considering that there are no registration for any examination at present? Maybe she felt disappointed at your request. Really, she was hoping that you would give her some help based on your professional experience as an Examiner. Nonetheless, thanks for your offer. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Management Denies Appointing Salami As VC / 2019 Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition Opens / Studying Radiography Or Med Lab Which Is Better ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.