Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos (20812 Views)

My Trip to 'Mgbuka Obosi' the Largest Used Parts Market in the SE / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down / How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Because that is the language that is known and loved in that environment , , , when it is too clean, people are scared, cos they think too refined to have a fair price . . . tongue

You are right
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Valto(m): 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva:
I think we have to start adopting the SHOPRITE model. It's disgusting entering these markets and most of the traders look like criminals.
lol shoprite model for a typical mechanic village wink ladipo is made up of many mechanic workshops in and around the market.... dem no de go ladipo go do fine bobo grin if u waka inside ladipo market for just 1 or 2hrs, most mechanic may even look cleaner than u
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by chucky234(m): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I totally agree with you but i dont see that happening, but if you want to, i would love to team up with you and we make it happen . . . cos i am sure there would be some people that wont mind to shop in a cleaner environment for spare parts . . .
How do we start?
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
violent:
The picture provides a vivid description of the modern day Nigeria. Chaotic, Confused, Uninspiring, mutilated, depressed, irreparable and abandoned with a completely bleak future!

Why we as a nation, are so cursed, to thrive in such despicable filth despite the land flowing with milk and honey (what milk and honey?) is beyond human understanding.
Must you take or rather single out the negetivity of the fotos? why cant you see the positive side even if it makes only %5, now let me ask you in your own opinion what have you done as a person to move you street faward??
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Ejine(m): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
Damn! That market should be evacuated!!! shocked
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
afam4eva: Why must our markets always be dirty and chaotic.
Cos we are third world countries and we are still learning.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nchuanwu: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2012
There is every thing to worry about this market and every others of its kind littered across Nigeria. We sholud all be challenged by the fact that in this century, Nigerians live like destitutes - lining on expired vehicles and vehicles parts, used dresses, used shoes, used underwares, used kitchen utensels. Do you know that in Singapore, Nigerians are referred to as "Men of the Junk Yard"? Great business goes on in Ladipo Market, anyway!!!
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by inspirenet: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Interesting..
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Olumogun: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
As disorganized as the market may look, thousands are made millionaire there yearly.
You need to ask them at ALAUSA how much revenue the State Govt makes from there monthly.
My own concern is just: what can we do to make them more organized?

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by 27naira(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
too many red cloths cheesy
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by danjohn: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
seedord247:

You dont need to tell them what u want..... Immediately they see you... They know the kind of car u drive and also the part u are looking for... Kwenu. shocked

LOL you are so correct. When I was a kid my Mom had a jalopy she used to drive. Every time she drove past Ladipo market, the traders were always signaling to her. It was embarrassing and funny at the same time.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
Olumogun: A[b]s disorganized as the market may look, thousands are made millionaire there yearly.
You need to ask them at ALAUSA how much revenue the State Govt makes from there monthly.[/b]
My own concern is just: what can we do to make them more organized?

That is wonderfully said . . . But like you said to make the place more orgznized will take willingness from the sellers there . . . but what i could assume that, the place will be a mess in raining season . . . but every sign of money could make that a history
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Emperoh(m): 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
ladipo and organized in the same sentence? You guys must be joking!!
Do you know how many time Lagos State government have shut down this market for sanitation issues?
I was there to do shopping for some parts two weeks ago and i can't finish telling the story in 100 pages.

All the same, the idea to rival this disheveled set up will have to be stellar and fool proof else
the cabal within this market who are controlling the billions will make sure you go back to your village penniless!
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by tpia1: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
they need stalls, organization, etc.

interesting pictures btw.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by MSItachi: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
the only time my wallet has been taken from my pocket in my entire life is in ladipo while on a bike on a bumpy section of the road! grin

As a lasgidi boy i shame cry
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Godogwu: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
It obliviously looks dirty and disorganized, but I'm sure its not going to be like this in a little while because different reforms are taking place in Nigeria. Fact still remains that if the Lagos state government decided to throw these people out in a bid to reconstruct that place sinappropriate a period of one year and make it more pleasant to the eye, some dealers of these parts would protest and some Nigerians would protest too....saying that they were not giving an alternative and bla!. Well I believe the state government has bigger problems at hand and I'm sure they'll get to this in due time, but till then I'm sure nobody is complaining because you can always find whatever parts you need in places like this screw the disorganization.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by fm7070: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ladipo, Jankara, and the likes of them is where they alledgedly dismantle stolen vehicle.
Government should organise places before they become a total menace
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Ufeolorun(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
Comparing a scrap yard to a grocery shop come on!seriously? Come on!
I have been there and the only unnecessary chaos I saw was outside of the main hall but when I got into the warehouse I saw people with who used desks as partition e.t.c and the usual mess expected from a scrap yard.
Despite feeling cheated once, I have not stopped appreciating the can -do,hard working spirit of some of the guys I saw there,then (2002)

A lot of us are sceptical about the future of Nigeria but the negativity of some is just shocking.
Even if you had a very hard life in the country before you had a miraculous exit,take it easy
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by BUSHMAN1: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
chineke miee!! is this what ladipo market looks like now, before i came to europe i used to go there in 1987 from PALM AVENUE my uncle`s friend own a shop there his name is KENT CHINO i dont kno if he is still there, then its used be just ten shops,now it looks like waste land. anyway can some body say hello! to KENT CHINO for me if you kno him or see him he used to drive a red mitsubishi, and also does any one kno what PALM AVENUE looks like now?
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by billtommy(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
HAba, you nor get work grin
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by AZeD1(m): 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
BUSH MAN: chineke miee!! is this what ladipo market looks like now, before i came to europe i used to go there in 1987 from PALM AVENUE my uncle`s friend own a shop there his name is KENT CHINO i dont kno if he is still there, then its used be just ten shops,now it looks like waste land. anyway can some body say hello! to KENT CHINO for me if you kno him or see him he used to drive a red mitsubishi, and also does any one kno what PALM AVENUE looks like now?
Palm avenue is still okish
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by hononyx: 12:10am On Aug 28, 2012
These guys are so organised that even in this chaos, one cant loose a needle, every part is accounted for and stocks are taken...
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 12:13am On Aug 28, 2012
hononyx: These guys are so organised that even in this chaos, one cant loose a needle, every part is accounted for and stocks are taken...

Yet, they not using computers or any spreadsheet . . . i respect them a lot, but they could improve the place sha to make it more appealing.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by TimAllen: 12:54am On Aug 28, 2012
Many of you curse Nigeria just because its Nigeria. You sit there in foreign lands as slaves and curse every move / step or even way of life here. As far as I'm concerned, its all about opportunities for improvement and as time goes on this market will develop. Think about it....Nigeria is growing, no matter how slow you may think it is but we are and lets face it.......Don't get so carried away because of you're in Europe or America, you're still a stranger and believe it one day someone will remind you're a stranger on the train, coach or even a pub.....So you all better start thinking of how best we can all contribute to make this our home Nigeria a great place....
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Callimo(m): 1:00am On Aug 28, 2012
This has shown that nobody here has been to Ladipo even the OP that took these street shots. How can one take pictures of street traders and push it as LADIPO MARKET.
THIS IS NO LADIPO. Wanna see what it's like? U got to come down not taking stupid shots from ur window. Do u know how industrial size warehouses that are located in Ladipo All of u posting rubish should just visit ladipo to see things for urselves angry angry angry angry
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 1:18am On Aug 28, 2012
^^^ No need to be angry, just educate us . . . .
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by sambos994(m): 2:59am On Aug 28, 2012
Callimo: This has shown that nobody here has been to Ladipo even the OP that took these street shots. How can one take pictures of street traders and push it as LADIPO MARKET.
THIS IS NO LADIPO. Wanna see what it's like? U got to come down not taking stupid shots from ur window. Do u know how industrial size warehouses that are located in Ladipo All of u posting rubish should just visit ladipo to see things for urselves angry angry angry angry

Take some pictures then...
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by apache77(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2012
Callimo: This has shown that nobody here has been to Ladipo even the OP that took these street shots. How can one take pictures of street traders and push it as LADIPO MARKET.

Shut the ffuck up…what do u know? you are just an ignoramus..the one posting rubbish. those pictures (covering only a minute section of the market) depict Ladipo, captures the essence, the spirit, even the environment. It is a microcosym of the Ladipo Ecosystem. Ladipo, is almost like Otigba(computer village) where you have a cluster of makeshift stores dotting, lining and interspersing streets. So you have warehouses, so what? You have banks too. And anyway, ladipo is right around the Matori Industrial Estate so you have a couple of manufacturing industries there- COSBEL ? Cosmetics is a good example
Do you know that there a number of banks within ladipo? UBA, FCMB, Zenith et al? Those industrial warehouses you have there are not even the soul of the place cos very few people have business in them. Infact you can pass them without ever knowing. Infact you cant even know there is a warehouse because all along the walls or perimeter fencing, you have kioks and stalls and shops.
Those pictures depict ladipo intoto- the boys hustling to sell you parts by merely looking at your car and seeing the visible parts that are no longer there, the go betweens struggling to take you to the shops of their benefactors, the mechanics trying to fleece you (they are mostly in their workshops anyway).
Th hub or centre of ladipo is that AP filling station- if you are on that filling station –right takes you to Toyota/five star, left to the banks lining the streets and mushin, Idi araba. Infront of you are the various blocks of shops that sell anything from radio knobs to block engines.
Like someone said, it is just one massive mechanic village and it cannot be clean because most of those parts come dripping with Enigine oil, so when you have that pouring on the roads, kerbs, shops, and even on humans, what do you expect.
In that filth, Ladipo generates billionaires by the second, you have boys who came to lagos with only Ghana must go but who are now millionaires and billionaires. Look down on Ladipo and her boys at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by sumgelem(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
A lovely business.
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by BUSHMAN1: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
A-ZeD:

Palm avenue is still okish
thanks bro.we lived at 37 palm avenue in 1987, at the back of the cement shop,opposite aqua clinic am not sure if they are still there i havent been to naija in the last 20 years
Re: Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
afam4eva:
I think we have to start adopting the SHOPRITE model. It's disgusting entering these markets and most of the traders look like criminals.

shocked shocked shocked for scraps, common, you 'll see this even in developed countries and they may look lik criminals, but they surviving by the fittest ,i mean by hustling, i mean 75% of Nigerians are poor, thats more than 100 milliom ppl

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / Dozens Of BMWs Have Burst Into Flames Long After Owners Say They Turned Them Off / Why Is My Timming Belt Always Cutting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.