Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,107 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram (9618 Views)

FG Confirms Payment Of N5000 Stipend To Unemployed Youth Next Year / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2012
Nigeria confirms informal Boko Haram talks

The Nigerian government says it has started informal talks with Boko Haram to try to end deadly attacks by the militant Islamist group.

A presidential spokesman said of the dialogue was through "backroom channels", without elaborating further.

The group's main faction earlier this week ruled out peace talks.

Boko Haram, which wants to create an Islamic state, is accused of killing hundreds of people and targeting churches and other targets.

"The form of the dialogue is that backroom channels are being used to reach across with the sole objective of understanding what exactly the grievances of these persons are, what exactly can be done to resolve the crises," presidential spokesman Reuben Abati said.

He said this was being done "in the overall best interest of ensuring peace and stability in Nigeria and the security of life and property".

The spokesman added that the talks were going on with at least some members. Boko Haram is known to have several factions.

This is the first official government confirmation of dialogue with the militant group, the BBC's Nigeria correspondent Tomi Oladipo reports.

An earlier attempt at peace talks collapsed very quickly.

The group has so far made no public comments over the latest revelation of the ongoing attempts towards negotiations, our correspondent says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19388695#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 27, 2012
I smh fōя this Government. Y won't they be bashed? So in effect the message is: kill a few hundred people and get Amnesty?
Only in Naija
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by DICKtator: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2012
Hope this proffers solution to this nagging problem.
#2cents
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2012
Bobbysworld28: I smh fōя this Government. Y won't they be bashed? So in effect the message is: kill a few hundred people and get Amnesty?
Only in Naija
Me too.

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Yaya6: 10:08am On Aug 27, 2012
I hope the Boko boys are ready submit to the present move of the FG. But to be factual, this is a wonderful move by the GEJ team to ensure peace and stability in the political and economic well being of the Nigerian.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Gwekzy: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2012
Na wao Naija...Dialogue with terrorists..WTF is dis?? JonathaN is A fool

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by franksunny(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2012
I know that negotiation is not going to work, it will collaps. I still stand on never you negotiate with terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Gwekzy: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2012
Yaya6: I hope the Boko boys are ready submit to the present move of the FG. But to be factual, this is a wonderful move by the GEJ team to ensure peace and stability in the political and economic well being of the Nigerian.
Absolute Nonsense... Do U Knw H̶̲̥̅̊
o̶̲̥̅̊
w̶̲̥̅̊
ManY Lives Dis Boko haram Demons has taken?? U ProbablY Sayin dis cos dis bombing issh ave nt affected any member of ur familY...

2 Likes

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by brownlord: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2012
Since to make in life is to indulge in crime, why won't I form my own militant group, after which if we able to kill and terrorist real hard, they govt. pay us for it, MAD govt, foolish move, a confuse nation with foolish people leaving in it
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by bloglover(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2012
Lets see where it all results to sha
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by araromiii: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2012
GEJ is trying his best to take Nigeria to her
former glory but i smell element of politics in
this statement but if they are gibing us the
verdict behind it i think it help Nigerian because
either with dialogue or no dialogue GEJ govt can
not fight against BOKO MEN and BOYS
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by ukpaku: 10:21am On Aug 27, 2012
let the so call bokos boyz surrender their arms openly as the niger delta militant did o.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21am On Aug 27, 2012
Only in Nigeria...

How can a government negotiate with terrorists...

No wonder criminality is rife in the country.. Nobody respects the government anymore.. One thing is certain, if you keep attacking the government non stop, they will cave and give in to your demands..

Scoreline; Terrorist 2 (Mend, Boko Haram) VS. Government 0

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by alienware(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2012
franksunny: I know that negotiation is not going to work, it will collaps. I still stand on never you negotiate with terrorist.
it is true. Never trust your enemy.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by timpaker(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2012
hope this won't be another 'super story'?
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by princenat(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2012
IS it only in Naija you get hugely paid for being a BIG Criminal (not the small ones wey dey thief maggi ooo), Terrorist, Murderer, an Assassin? The Naija government will even make you live large for killing little innocent children, defenseless mothers/widows, youth corpers that spent years studying, only to be sent where they will be killed like Christmas goat. See now, very soon these murderers will start be living larger. I stand to be corrected shaa. I am just saying in Naija, it happens more often than in any other country.

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by KingSolomonI: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2012
[size=13pt]this government too get big mouth![/size]
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by phraze(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2012
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Aug 27, 2012
Who negotiatates with terrorists?

They should not forget to negotiate with kidnappers, armed robbers, yahoo yahoo boys and rapistss.

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by BlackBaron: 10:36am On Aug 27, 2012
For the upteenth time, the FG says they are in negotiation with Boko Haram. After that, then comes the obligatory BH denial.

Who is the liar here?

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Scarpon(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2012
abeg make them do stop this boko boys cuz here in America ppl have already start seeing naija as a terrorist country
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 27, 2012
Ok na! We are watching at close range.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by chelseabmw(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2012
Do we have a government in this country? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Gwekzy: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2012
princenat: IS it only in Naija you get hugely paid for being a BIG Criminal (not the small ones wey dey thief maggi ooo), Terrorist, Murderer, an Assassin? The Naija government will even make you live large for killing little innocent children, defenseless mothers/widows, youth corpers that spent years studying, only to be sent where they will be killed like Christmas goat. See now, very soon these murderers will start be living larger. I stand to be corrected shaa. I am just saying in Naija, it happens more often than in any other country.
U jst Said My MinD
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by skydeexie(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2012
Bobbysworld28: Nigeria confirms informal Boko Haram talks

[size=16pt]...Boko Haram, which wants to create an Islamic state,...[/size]

For the upteenth time, this is what they say they want. So what is there to dialogue about?
Who is kidding who in this whole episode of Boko haram? Why is the Government always claiming ignorance as to what the BH boys want?
It's Shariah in all its ramifications or NOTHING! The Boko boys are going for broke. And like their father the devil, they give no quarter and take no quarter. Government should stop wasting time and face the real issues of governance. Boko haram is NOT one of those issues.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Maj196(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2012
I hope the dialogue doesn't end up in cmplete deadlock cuz these pple are damn rogue
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by koolboi(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2012
The penalty for murder is death. How come these people have killed hundreds of people and theyr been dialogued with later now they'll start paying them billions. What a country only in a corrupt nation like Nigeria can this happen, what a dumb leader. He doesn't know the pain of those who have lost dear ones. This is a new level low for Gej

1 Like

Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by Diamondwriter(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2012
Gwekzy: Na wao Naija...Dialogue with terrorists..WTF is dis?? JonathaN is A fool
i wonder if u cn stl say dx wen u r bombed
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by IjeomaObasi: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2012
Gwekzy: Na wao Naija...Dialogue with terrorists..WTF is dis?? JonathaN is A fool
I see you are against dialoguing with terrorists...to jaw - jaw ,is better than war - war.if dialogue will bring lasting peace and progress, I will go with the govt on this.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by dedeike: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2012
I still have my reservations over negotiating with terrorists but if that is what is required to end this menace, then no problem.
Perhaps, we call it the carrot and stick approach.
Give carrot to those willing to repent and flog with stick those who are bent on perpetuating this evil.
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by solgee(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2012
Fingers crossed!
Re: FG Confirms Dialogue With Boko-Haram by ednut1(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2012
If FG can dialogue with d terrorist MEND why nt BOKO, u can't defeat boko cos they r hidin amongst humans, even USA afta 11 years of fightin taliban wit all der weapon nd gadget, wetin later happen, dailogue, good step joor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015: South-south Will Disown Jonathan If He Doesn’t Run / Wike Recalls Suspended Cabinet Members, Head Of Service / Oyo 2019: Omololu Laosun Emerges Sowore’s AAC Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.